New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233

Thread: Utropia

1. - Top - End - #961
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Utropia

Once again, AV has to drag me kicking and screaming across the finish line. Great job clutching it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #962
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    When has trusting someone in Werewolf ever gone wrong?
    Truly a mystery.
    (:

Many thanks for the game everyone!
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    The bunny is fine
    Thank goodness.

Good game everyone. I look forward to dropping dead in a crowded room D1 next game and nobody admits to seeing what happened.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #964

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Good game, AV. Everyone really.
    I hope I may ask: how much of the offense when it was done to me, you, or Taffimai as the lynch was sincere?

On the last Night:
    Book Wombat, who did you target and what did you intend to do? I'm guessing AV got lucky and redirected your kill to Cao.

3SC (or gac): what did 3SC do each Phase?

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Good game, AV. Everyone really.
    I hope I may ask: how much of the offense when it was done to me, you, or Taffimai as the lynch was sincere?

On the last Night:
    Book Wombat, who did you target and what did you intend to do? I'm guessing AV got lucky and redirected your kill to Cao.

Not sure I understand the question? I was generally pretty frustrated that day especially after the deadchat posts.

Wasn't much luck to it. I knew ripptor would go for taff, and I got to aim the other two powers. Technically I didn't know BW was aiming a kill but...yeah.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Snowblaze, remember when I told you I would kill you last?

I lied!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #968
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Hey Snowblaze, remember when I told you I would kill you last?

I lied!
    In that you didn't kill me at all? I'll take that. (Plus there's the fact I didn't believe you for one second.)

Anyway, we have learnt that AV is a manipulative bastard. We did already know that, though. I probably wouldn't have got there without being completely unable to build a wolf!Wombat world.

And hey, I won!

(Incidentally, Wombat, I owe you and your dice for killing Kraken.)

AV converting 3SC makes a lot of sense, I probably would have been salty if it had been "3SC decided to screw his team over for the lulz".

Oh, and I'm amused at moonfly's "I'm trying to be suspicious enough to not get nightkilled but not so suspicious I get vig shot" only to then get both nightkilled and vig shot.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #969
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, as anyone who's skimmed through the Doghouse Chat would know, I really wanted to lose this game (and kill everyone else in the process), but I suppose I'll take victory as a close second best outcome. Very nice endgame, AV, turning a 4 against 1 into a clean kill 'em all! It's been an honour and a pleasure to be EVIL with you! (And yes, next time we meet, I'll make sure you die a messy death early.)

Some concluding thoughts and questions:
    1. Who's Metaz Blade? Did we somehow fuse into a single entity at some point?
    2. I was a little dismayed at first that my death was largely fluffless, unlike Flat's and Blade's, but then I realized that's just perfect. The Terrifying Neighbour is only truly scary in hindsight. They are there. You meet 'em day after day, there's polite nods and the like, but nothing much. They walk about unseen: they are tidy, inoffensive, with a job and a home. They could be anyone. And then, people begin to die. And they are still there, blending into the crowd. Distant, but not too distant. Concerned, but not too concerned. And then another one is killed, hit by a bus. There's no mistaking it: it was deliberate. But this one got lucky, this one got a shot in. The bus crashes, and they are found. The body's searched; nothing. The house is searched as well; still nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Ah, the sweet banality of Evil!
    3. I was technically bussed, insofar as I was put on a bus and died.
    4. Did we really kill FOUR provisional mayors?
    5. Did we really kill FOUR provisional mayors without anyone ever considering how marvelous a mayor I could have been? [CRYING.]
    6. and most importantly: My very sincere apologies, Rogan.

- - - Updated - - -

(oh, and two more things:
    I. Taff&Jeen: if it makes you two feel better, the hints you found about me being the vig were semi-intentional and I was low-key hoping someone will think my campaign stuff had intel hidden in it.
    II. This was fun as all hell, but man: let's not do the Gambit Roulette between three reality warpers thing ever again! Pretty please?)

10. - Top - End - #970
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    I need to make a confession

Spoiler: I LIED
    Show
    The bunny is fine

- - - Updated - - -

So many congratulations to the winners ❤️
    The MVP. (And Taffimai was good, too.)

I was raging at the screen going "Can't you all see AV is evil? EVIL" pretty much the last two days.
    Seriously though, suggesting to doubletap Taffimai right before going into a game she is hosting is a bit of a power move. Or a suicidal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I didn't do a rule-break D1. I just died like a chump.

Barring that, most of my rule-breaks were to do things like write messages (I got around the Discord character limit to post an essay in wolf chat during N3 with my thoughts and as much intel as I could offer them from deadchat). My first message to town from deadchat on D2 was as town, with legitimate messages from the relevant parties. But then AV culted me into becoming a wolf on N2, so on D3 I tried my hand at impersonating dead townies from beyond the grave. It wasn't particularly compelling - my writing for snow was sloppy, mostly because I was writing late at night and running out of brain cells - but everyone bought it.

Then Zelphas died and I had to change my strategy again. I theorized to the wolves that Z could copy the powers of dead players, and I was absolutely right. As a wolf, I knew that anything I wrote D4 would be immediately contradicted by Zelphas, who had also flipped town, and we had the idea of killing the narrator. As far as I can see, AV didn't follow through on my idea - but that's alright, there was a decent shot that Wombat would bane or void or it wouldn't even win the game automatically for the wolves. But it was a 100% hail mary play, so I took it.

So yeah. I was dead for like 90% of this game, and was still quite active for both teams. In hindsight, I really wasn't an experienced enough player to make full use of the insane power of Beyond the Impossible. I strongly believe that in the hands of a better player, they could have won the game for town.

Technically I was on the winning side though, so... yay?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    AV converting 3SC makes a lot of sense, I probably would have been salty if it had been "3SC decided to screw his team over for the lulz".
    I actually considered doing the opposite - outing all of the wolves to end the game for town, even though I was a wolf at that point and would have lost. But it felt mean, and would have just generated salt, so after doing a bit of thinking I decided to actually try to win for my team. It worked despite me, but that's okay. There's always next game!
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

12. - Top - End - #972
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Seriously though, suggesting to doubletap Taffimai right before going into a game she is hosting is a bit of a power move. Or a suicidal one.
    On the other hand, you were kind enough to shoot Ripptor, which still gave Taffimai a win... It's hard to guess if this falls on the blue or the orange side of morality, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Bugbear in the Playground

GG WP, and good work AV for pulling that home.

I would apologise for not being active and not really helping my team, but I think the scry would've ruined my play anyway. (I keep getting scried when wolf, stop.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!