Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Stolen Lands [Kingmaker] IC

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Ain't Color Spray a Will Save tho?
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ah apologies for that. Had color spray as a blinding flash of color in my mind so I was like dang that is totally a fortitude save. Must have blanked out the actual save from the spell while reading it. Thankfully even with the change of rolls all the saves would come out the same way so don't need to change anything.

The bandit on his horse falls due to the two arrows strikes and thumps onto the ground while letting out some curses at his assailants.

The bandit struck by Syl-Sarai's arrow gasps for air as it hits him through his side, but manages to stay standing. Preparing to dash out of this hellhole as soon as he gets the chance.

Both the bandits hit by color spray are still on the floor and unable to take their turns. So initiative goes straight back to you guys. You can all take your actions and then I'll have the last running bandit move at the end.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sundamar takes a deep breath and lets it out, fingers finding another arrow automatically. The bandit on the horse was still cursing, so he wasn't dead... yet.

But the one next to him was spinning to run out of the gate. He needed to be stopped. As arcane energy welled up, he shaped it with his will and his words. Traceries of mana glowed through his bow as he brought fletching to cheek.

The arrow spun through the air, a jagged ball of ice flashing after it.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Swift: Activate Arcane Pool. Mwk Composite Longbow is now +1 for 1 minute.
    Full Round: Activate Spell Combat and attack the remaining bandit with bow and [Snowball].

Bow Attack: (1d20+3)[20]
    Bow Damage: (1d8+3)[10]
    [Snowball] Attack: (1d20+3)[20] (Note: Touch)
    [Snowball] Damage: (1d6)[3] (Note: Cold damage, Fort DC14 or be staggered for 1 round)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Alden Tariq
    Human Fighter
    AC: 18 HP: 13/13
    touch: 11, ff: 17, CMD: 15
    Conditions: Power Attack [-1 attack/+3 damage]

Alden is aiming for the bandit only to be overtaken by an arrow veiled in freezing cold. He shrugs and charges the remains of the bandit to hack in two.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16]
    (2d6+7)[17]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Sẏl has another crossbow bolt loaded and aimed at the bandit he nearly brought down.

“Drop your sword—or I’ll drop you.” If the bandit doesn’t immediately let his sword fall to the mud, Sẏl will fire his crossbow.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[18]
    (1d8)[2]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Jafar and Yago

"Is the bandit's leader still alive? If yes, stabilize him for interrogation and finish off the others." Jafar says to the rest. "Otherwise, if the leader is dead, pick one of the underlings to take prisoner and finish off the rest."

Eying the color sprayed bandits, Jafar shouts "Yago, kill that one over there!"

The half-elf sighs, and steps closer to deliver a stab.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Free Action: 5 foot step south
    Full Round Action: Use Spiked Gauntlet to Coup De Grace the adjacent unconscious bandit

Damage (including crit): (2d4)[5]
    Bandit makes a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt) or dies.

Light Crossbow Ammo: 20 - 1

HP: 7/7

Status
    *Mage Armor

Spells
    Code:
        Base  Bonus  Total  Remaining
    L1: 3     1      4      2
    Mages Tattoo-Evocation: Dancing Lights 3/3

6. - Top - End - #66

"Wait!" Sundamar shouts from the walls as Yago starts executing the unconscious bandits. "If we interrogate each of them separately, we can learn more than if we kill them all now. They might know less then the one in charge, but all of them know where they came from - anything all of them tell the same way is more likely to be true."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

“He’s right,” Sẏl calls over. “We’ve won. No need to kill any more of them.”

Despite this, he remains poised to fire at his target if the bandit doesn’t drop his sword.

8. - Top - End - #68

The bandits are soundly defeated. As the fighting settles and quiets down Oleg Peaks out of his house to assess whether his heroes had actually won the fight. Seeing the bandits on the floor and all of the party still standing he seems to be absolutely gleaming at his new found freedom from these bandit oppressors. Though before coming out he makes a quick callout to ensure the scene is safe
    "You guys got all of them right? You really beat the punks back?" Oleg calls out.

The man who appeared to be in charge of the group is still breathing, though unconscious on the floor. The man who fell off his horse is also down, but still alive fading in and out of consciousness.
    Spoiler: Status report
    Show

Alright, so we have 1 bandit dead from the superbly aimed magic arrow, 2 bandits dying those being the bandit leader and the one who fell off his horse, 1 bandit unconscious from color spray so he needs to be restrained before waking up, and the last one may or may not be dead depending on if the coup de grace succeeds.
    Fort Save: (1d20+2)[10]
    Alright so as long as we are continuing with the coup de grace 1 of the bandits from color spray are dead now. Leaving 1 unconscious from color spray, 2 dying, and 2 bandits dead.

Just to keep things clear the bandit who syl hit was also the one who sundamar attacked in order to stop from running away, so that guy is the one who is dead. All the other bandits are unconscious from either color spray or dying.
    Last edited by Necrowolf; 2022-11-03 at 02:28 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Jafar and Yago

"The plan was just for 1 or 2 prisoners!" Jafar says, as the half-elf executes one of the bandits.

"Oh very well, we shall spare the other one then. Will one of you warrior types give him a tap on the head? The color spray will wear off in less than half a minute."

Spoiler
    Show
    Meaning knock him out with non-lethal damage.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Alden Tariq
    Human Fighter

Afternoon nap, coming right up. Alden says as he plunges his sword into the one bandit they absolutely positively want dead as he kneels down and chokes the daylights out of the other one. After a low grunt, he beckons Oleg. Yes, yes, the danger is over. Please bring something so we can fasten the survivors to something. And check their belongings. It's about time we robbed the robbers.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am treating choking as dealing nonlethal damage here. No sense really in RPing repeated punching imho.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Now that the danger is past, Sẏl will lower his crossbow and move to the two unconscious and dying bandits, seeing what he can do to bind their wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal checks
    (1d20+6)[12]
    (1d20+6)[23]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nollyra leaves the specifics to the rest of the party and walks around kicking the arms from dead or unconscious ones, just in case they come back before they are restrained. She hands Alden 50ft of hemp rope. Before starting to organize the arms found by all the bandits before checking the dead ones.

13. - Top - End - #73

Syl suceeds on stabilizing the leader of the bandits. The other one however seems to be in not better condition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just to make sure I am getting my rulings right, DC:15 heal check to stabilize right?

The arms of the bandits are as follows:

Spoiler: Bandit Gear
    Show
    2x Pots of Alchemist Fire found on the Leader.
    1x +2 Strength Composite Longbow
    1xDagger
    94x arrows
    4xShortswords
    4xBows
    5xLeather armor
    A silver amulet that depicts a stag.
    10 days worth of rations

Oleg happily marches out from his house, Svetlana following close behind.

"What glorious heroes you are. Much better then those layabouts up in Restov. Please allow me to give you some kind of reward, I bet you are going to need every kind of advantage you can get out there in the Greenbelt. I have some potions leftover that never managed to sell and of course some coin to help fatten those purses of yours. Finally I don't have to worry about those stupid thugs bothering us anymore." Oleg excitedly says to your group

Svetlana chimes in. "Feel free to stay here as long as you need as well whenever you get weary from your travels. Food, drink, and bed will be free for your lot for a great while here. Its the least we could do to thank your bravery."
    Last edited by Necrowolf; 2022-11-08 at 08:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Jafar and Yago

"Your generosity and hospitality are appreciated." Jafar says with a flourish of his wings. "Still, there is work to do. These bandits must be restrained, seperated, and questioned. You wouldn't happen to have anything to tie them up with?"

"Yago, scan their belongings with Detect Magic."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Detect Magic to see if anything pings.

Jafar then flies down and examines the silver stag amulet.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm guessing this is K-Local?

(1d20+2)[13]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Alden Tariq
    Human Fighter

If you would praise us any harder, I would like to meet you in my chambers at night, Oleg. Alden winks at Oleg as he hands him his blade and shoulders the bandit leader. I want a dark room and a single light source, preferrably your cellar. Make sure to give me a jug of water and some fragrant meal. I will interrogate him, but you can help me with your knowledge and spells. He points at the heroes. If he will not submit to my questioning, a bit of thirst and hunger will aid us. We may even take turns in keeping him awake.

Spoiler
    Show
    The following is partially taken from real life torture camps:
    1)No restful sleep. Have the prisoner woken every 20 odd minutes.
    2) Food and water will be cut off from them if they do not comply.
    3) Intimidation checks will do the rest, I assume if done correctly a halfling toddler could succeed at the check though.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Sẏl examines the bandit who’s continuing to bleed through the hasty bandages, —then closes his silver eyes briefly, touches him lightly on the forehead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds
    (1d8+1)[3]

“They’re thieves,” he says simply. “We shouldn’t make ourselves worse than them.”

He stands, catches sight of the silver amulet, considers it as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (local)
    (1d20+1)[17]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Alden Tariq
    Human Fighter

Alden smiles at Syl. Perfect. I respect your wish and you should respect mine. There will come no harm to this man unless he refuses to speak. The warrior approaches the aasimar with the bandit slung over his shoulder. Do you really think this man has not killed for his loot? Or commanded to kill?

18. - Top - End - #78

With the battle ended, Sundamar takes the time to unstring his bow and slowly walk along the parapet to the stairs down. Safely out of sight behind the buildings, he leans against a wall and tries to slow his panting, shaking heavily as he battles feelings of guilt for his part in the bandit's death. He had hunted deer and small game, but that man was the first sapient being he'd ever killed.

Intellectually, he knew that it would be likely to happen, and the men had no doubt done terrible things. But it still felt unclean to have snuffed out a life so easily, an arrow, a spell and a blade turning hopes and dreams to nothing.

Deep breaths helped calm the tall elf, and he joined the others shortly, though his drooping ears and pale expression mar the calm he tries to project.

He helps himself to two arrows from the bandit's quivers, fingers running along the fletching as the others investigate an amulet.

"Do you have a better idea, Syl? We need to know what they know. This is uncomfortable, disorienting - but not a thing of knives and healing magic turned to evil use." he says.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Qäl sán’é olónorië isīl-ẏssn,” Sẏl comments to Sundamar. “Uluán-sé qärian sel’annan äz?” —That’s a neat trick you have with arrows. Anything else that could help us here?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nollyra takes a bakers dozen of arrows and approaches to the speakers of the elven tongue "It seems every arrow counts, and we even have a horse here now, along with a cart, perhaps we could salvage their outfits to keep for the infiltration mission"

21. - Top - End - #81

Sundamar thinks carefully over his spells before shaking his head.

[Elven]"Nothing that's directly applicable. I can terrorize someone with an acid cantrip, or tomorrow I could tell tall tales about an arcane mark or use other cantrips to make auditory illusions or leave someone in a daze. For true spells, besides [Snowball], I can make a floating disk, ensure my aim is true or produce the same spray of colors that Yago can. Unless someone has an obvious fear of heights, none of those are of much use."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Alden Tariq
    Human Fighter

A bit of spooky ghost music or a dazing spell seem a bit more appropriate than... he gestures at the frozen blood splatters smeared across Oleg's yard. ...this overkill. But I trust you pick the right ones. Alright, I'm bringing this man downstairs. Oleg, fetch me rope. Svetlana, a jug of water and some good food, but not too much. If no one protests, Alden begins imprisoning the bandit rather than divving up the spoils of war.

23. - Top - End - #83

Yago does not detect any magical presence in the bandits belongings. Analyzing the amulet brings to mind stories shared by merchants and travelers who have survived the increasing dangers of travelling Brevoy's southern border. Many of the survivors mentioned bandits with the stag jewelry hanging around their neck. It can be assumed the amulets are meant to represent the bandit's allegiance to the Stag Lord, the figure assumed to be responsible for the growing banditry problem in the Stolen Lands. Though no-one knows who this stag lord is, or where in the stolen lands he resides.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oleg gives out a hearty laugh, something in stark contrast with his prior glum mannerisms. "Haha. You are an impressive fellow my good sir, but dear ol' Oleg's heart is already taken. She's earned it ten times over I reckon, without her I'd surely be dead in a ditch somewhere by now. Hopefully you can get these scum to rat on the rest of em. Don't want to wait around for the rest of them to amass another attack. Though hopefully Restov's guards show up soon, they would be helpful in dissuading any other levying attempts form these scum. By the way, if you don't mind doing me another favor, when you do take the fight to them see if you can find Svetlana's wedding ring they stole from us. It would mean a lot to the both of us."

Oleg and Svetlana leave to prepare the room and provisions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oleg's reward includes 50 GP, 2 potions of cure light wounds, and 1 potion of Shield of Faith +2.
    Last edited by Necrowolf; 2022-11-08 at 09:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Oleg prepares the chair, rope, food and water in his cellar. If Alden does not protest he would like to remain present for the interrogation, eager to spook the man who has been robbing him for months. The bandit awakens after a few hours looking around in confusion before settling his eyes on Alden. He struggles in the chair for a moment before realizing he is completely tied down. The rage present in his face subsides as he takes in his situation. He looks to Alden, not attempting to mask his glum expression.

"Well, I can tell where this is going. Who are you. There was no need for you to get involved, you're just causing trouble for everybody by defending this backwater schmuck. Would have been better for you to have just kept your nose outta the business that's between us. Look if you let me go I can convince my boss to let y'all off easy. You can do your business here and be on your merry way back to wherever you're going to without any hassle from our men. A Fair deal no?" He warily stares at Alden

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Alden Tariq
    Human Fighter

Pretty ballsy for someone in your position, my friend. Alden says as the bandit monologues like he was the interrogator. I would consider you lucky for surviving the botched raid, but you have no value to us besides the information you can provide. The best deal I can provide you surviving and escaping into the woods, in exchange for telling us where your boss resides.

Spoiler: Trigger warning: torture
    Show
    Alden draws a small hunting knife from its wooden sheath, the kind used to skin animals. Sharp enough to inflict pain, short enough to not really damage too much. You can even leave with all your fingers. he says as the man breaks the man's small finger by bending it just the way it doesn't bend. His intent with the blade in hand is clear.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+9)[23] Intimidate

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Once the prisoner is moved down to the cellar, Sẏl will note when Oleg and Alden go down, and will quickly follow. Once Alden pulls his hunting knife, Sẏl holds out his hand to forestall him.

“Easy, now. I think our friend here understands the situation,” Sẏl says, smiling coolly at the tied-up thug. “We rolled over your gang in barely a dozen heartbeats. Most of them are gone and—” a glance to Alden, then back to the thug—“you might be following them very soon. Have you seen this guy’s dog? He will cut off bits of you and feed them to his dog.

“So best thing for you,” Sẏl continues, “is to explain to us who this ‘boss’ of yours is, exactly where we can find him, and how many other backwoods bumpkins he has with him. —And the whole thing with the stag: I’d really like to know about that, too.

“Do that for us,” Sẏl tells him, “and we’ll see our way towards letting you take a boat down the East Sellen, maybe over to Mivon or all the way down to Lake Kallas. It’s easy, friend. You just describe your boss and his henchlings, answer a few other questions—very easy questions—and you’ll be on your way to a new and better life.

“Otherwise it’s the knife and the dog. Up to you.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy
    (1d20+9)[22]

27. - Top - End - #87

Sundamar follows the other into the cellar, staying back out of the lamp light so that his facial expression can't clue the bandit in on anything. Thus, his wince at the sound of a breaking bone is lost to the shadows for most of those present. Despite his squeamishness, he's fairly certain the impromptu good guard / bad guard routine from his companions should be effective - he's certainly impressed at least.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Jafar and Yago

Jafar joins Sundamar in the dark corner. While the half-elf stands guard outside the cellar. The parrot is content to simply watch for now.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2022-11-21 at 03:50 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

The bandit's eyes go wide. "Hey, Hey, Hey. Easy now. I'm in no position to stir trouble. Just trying to find a mutually beneficial solution to this mess." He cracks a nervous smile. "It was at least worth a try to see if you guys would go along with it."

The bandit takes a few breathes to compose himself "Look whatever you want to know I'll spill. This easy life suited me well, but keeping my head suites me more. I serve a lass named Kressle. She has us come here, collect some goods, and then we bring it back to our camp west of here. At the ford in the river you'll find in that direction. She then takes some of our haul to somewhere deeper in the Greenbelt. I assume its the fella where all this stag insignia comes from. Personally, I've never met the man. I only report directly to Kressle. Besides the boys I brought here, there would be 10 others who are apart of Kressle's crew. If Kressle is gonna be there when you go looking for her is something I can't guarantee, her and the others are in and out of the camp attending to whatever they got to do."

The man sheepishly swallows "I hope that information is good enough for you?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

“Couple more things,” Sẏl says, still smiling. “Where else does this Kressle send you and her other pups?

“And how long does it take you to get back to your camp? How long after that will it take for Kressle to start missing you? And what will she do once she realizes you won’t be coming back?”