New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Intelligence Damage

I have a conundrum. Creatures with no Constitution scores are immune to ability damage, because they have no living body to damage. This is ok.

But are creatures with no Intelligence score immune to intelligence damage? The rules are silent on the issue, and my google-fu has brought me nothing on the subject.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default Re: Intelligence Damage

I would think so -- they're already unintelligent/mindless, so what is there to damage?

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Intelligence Damage

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    I have a conundrum. Creatures with no Constitution scores are immune to ability damage, because they have no living body to damage. This is ok.

But are creatures with no Intelligence score immune to intelligence damage? The rules are silent on the issue, and my google-fu has brought me nothing on the subject.
    Yes, they are. They "lack the ability score altogether," and therefore there is nothing for the Intelligence damage to damage.

Look at it this way: If the creature does not have an Int score (and the rules explicitly state that not having an ability score is different from having an ability score of 0), what would Int damage do to it?