New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Pathfinder 1st edition Homebrew: Kitsune Player Race, Revised

Hello everyone,

A while back I posted my revised Kitsune, and after receiving some more feedback I decided to update it and post it here again. I made this revision as I always liked them as a race, but felt that their options were a little underwhelming even as the base race was decent enough. As such I also added in a Kitsunemimi and Human-blooded version, as a little nod to the modern popular culture interpretation of them, while giving options to players who wish to play as said interpretation.
    I also made their Nine-Tailed Heir option more similar to how it was in Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, as that honestly made a lot more sense to me. I hope you guys like it!

Here is a link to the PDF

Here is a link to the PNG
    Last edited by Nielspeterdejon; 2022-11-13 at 04:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Pathfinder 1st edition Homebrew: Kitsune Player Race, Revised

I have to say the PDF is gorgeous. I wish I could find more material for PF 1 like that.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Pathfinder 1st edition Homebrew: Kitsune Player Race, Revised

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I have to say the PDF is gorgeous. I wish I could find more material for PF 1 like that.

Debby
    I'm flattered to hear that :) And yes I agree. Pathfinder 1st edition holds a special place in my heart, seeing as it is 99% Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition, which was the last version where Gary Gygax was involved (not directly, but the creators greatly respected him and often asked him for advice). I think 5th edition D&D is fine, but it is basically a simplistic version of D&D 3E and Pathfinder 1E, whereas Pathfinder 1E is more realistic and has more fun customization options. I started making homebrew for 5E D&D, and kinda came back to Pathfinder 1e.

Honestly, I think most of Pathfinder is in a good spot. There were a few things that I felt could be improved, but I already made homebrew for all of those, which I all posted here:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...thfinder-1st-E

I hope you'll like them!