New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] The SCP Foundation M&M

Oh speaking of rolls, should I go ahead and do an expertise: magic roll on this to have him look into it and see if he can get it to work properly? Just a simple fidget that maybe shows "oh ****, he can work this stuff."
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2022-10-24 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Uh.. I guess. What are you talking about getting to work properly? The ring?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Uh.. I guess. What are you talking about getting to work properly? The ring?
    Yes the ring. He is a creature of magic after all and if it's abilities function anything like magic then he could potentially tweak it.
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow another crit! The RNG must love me! :D

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Wow! It must be making up for that other natural 20 you rolled that got eaten!

Speaking of which, could I have some nat 20s? Seriously, in this other game I'm playing... ugh.

Anyway, sure. Let's give you the full morph 10 ability on the ring, and then some. You could appear as any humanoid or reptilian creature that you want to now, exactly as you want.

But size is still an issue and remains unchanged.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow! It must be making up for that other natural 20 you rolled that got eaten!

Speaking of which, could I have some nat 20s? Seriously, in this other game I'm playing... ugh.

Anyway, sure. Let's give you the full morph 10 ability on the ring, and then some. You could appear as any humanoid or reptilian creature that you want to now, exactly as you want.

But size is still an issue and remains unchanged.
    Alright! Nothing bad ever happens to the Kennedys Lizard!

I'll right that down then go ahead and respond IC accordingly when I get the chance.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. Okay. I've got the whole next update written down... I guess Kuzmo has time to play around with his ring and show off while Daniel is making up his mind.

Anyway, I really just wanted to make sure AV was alright with going ahead. I'd really assume so, but on the other hand, I feel I should wait a little bit for now.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

So i should wait before my next post? Sorry my posting rhythm got knocked off lol.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hand ax ranger View Post
    So i should wait before my next post? Sorry my posting rhythm got knocked off lol.
    Eh I mean.. yeah, go ahead. Best play with the ring and show off now, as opposed to interrupting the presentation and Q&A.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh I mean.. yeah, go ahead. Best play with the ring and show off now, as opposed to interrupting the presentation and Q&A.
    Hell yeah! the idea is for people got be yammering on and suddenly Kuzmo gains melanin back after playing with the ring on his finger. I will do just that in a moment.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Thick fog?" Is this gonna be a rural silent hill?
    Just a note i got adhd and autism.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hey, that's not true.

It's noticeable in at least two other games you're in.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    "Thick fog?" Is this gonna be a rural silent hill?
    Maybe something vaguely similar.

Ugh that's a lot of questions I have to answer. Are you sure you shouldn't have been a scientist Esprit? Nah, it's fine. It's totally reasonable for a military commander of sorts to ask lots of questions too, albeit, perhaps more related to security or the operation of the mission, not the more scholarly pursuits.

Regardless, even though that's like a dozen questions. We'll assume they are each answered one at a time.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

I am a scientist at heart even if I’m an engineer by trade.

That said, his more scientific questions all circle around the idea “Is this something that shows up, or is it something that spirits people away?” While his questions around the town proper are more to get a traditional soldier’s lay of the land.

And yeah, I intended them to be asked one at a time, not rapidfire. I just also didn’t want to be posting a dozen times and only asking one question in each.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    I am a scientist at heart even if I’m an engineer by trade.

That said, his more scientific questions all circle around the idea “Is this something that shows up, or is it something that spirits people away?” While his questions around the town proper are more to get a traditional soldier’s lay of the land.

And yeah, I intended them to be asked one at a time, not rapidfire. I just also didn’t want to be posting a dozen times and only asking one question in each.
    Yes, fair enough. All questions answered! But for the sake of fairness, I'd like to give the others a chance to chime in...

16. - Top - End - #46

The reason king asked question 2 was because he knew they wouldn't let him mate with another cat. Though of course i doubt they'll let him wander around like that. But king doesn't know.

The meta reason was i don't really have any questions to ask and since he'll just tell king whatever he asks i don't really have anything to use any mind reading for at the moment so may as well waste it on in character questions. Like i irl can't think of anything to ask. So may as well showcase king's personality. The lizard man is not the only one with needs!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The reason king asked question 2 was because he knew they wouldn't let him mate with another cat. Though of course i doubt they'll let him wander around like that. But king doesn't know.

The meta reason was i don't really have any questions to ask and since he'll just tell king whatever he asks i don't really have anything to use any mind reading for at the moment so may as well waste it on in character questions. Like i irl can't think of anything to ask. So may as well showcase king's personality. The lizard man is not the only one with needs!
    Well. Perhaps you are merely asking the wrong questions. Or perhaps, the wrong people?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm at work conferences all week, so my posting will be less than I intend it to usually be, but I'll still get in at least 1/day.
    You can assume 5404 is going along with the rest of the group, if needed.

19. - Top - End - #49

I decided thoughts won't be in color for king. To prevent confusion.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I decided thoughts won't be in color for king. To prevent confusion.
    Yep, preventing confusion is always nice! Speaking of which...

Thomas looks around at the other SCPs and the D-class around, trying (and mostly succeeding) on suppressing a frown at the talk of being minimally invasive and careful. it's not like they were "careful" with abducting him from the hospital. But he supposes he is glad they aren't abducting more people.

So he simply nods, ready to listen to the "other options".
    Just so no one else gets confused, there are no D-class in the conference room. Perhaps, technically, a former D-class, which is now AvatarVecna's SCP character. However, there are no actual D-class present in the room. Those poor sods will just be loaded up in trucks and be going places they have no idea about and don't know why either.

Speaking of being invasive, I guess it's a one thing when there's a single humanoid being that you can communicate with and who seems reasonable. As for locations with sway over reality, it's... a little different...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Just so no one else gets confused, there are no D-class in the conference room. Perhaps, technically, a former D-class, which is now AvatarVecna's SCP character. However, there are no actual D-class present in the room. Those poor sods will just be loaded up in trucks and be going places they have no idea about and don't know why either.

Speaking of being invasive, I guess it's a one thing when there's a single humanoid being that you can communicate with and who seems reasonable. As for locations with sway over reality, it's... a little different...
    I'll edit my post to remove the D-class reference.
    And, yeah, that makes sense for the different treatment between people-SCPs and location/villages-of-SCPs. But Thomas can still look at it sideways

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, preventing confusion is always nice! Speaking of which...

Apologies for the confusion, I thought we were all getting briefed for some reason. Post deleted.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-25 at 06:50 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Apologies for the confusion, I thought we were all getting briefed for some reason. Post deleted.
    I am confused, what did you delete? Daniel is there.

Everyone is at this meeting, except for MrAbdiel's character and Metastachydium's.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I am confused, what did you delete? Daniel is there.

Everyone is at this meeting, except for MrAbdiel's character and Metastachydium's.
    I didn't delete all my posts. Just the one where I talked about there being D-class in the room.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Here is my approved character sheet. I am excited for the starting date of the 27th
    Spoiler: General archetypes
    Show

PL 4 Points 70
    Spoiler: Scientist Profile
    Show

Name: Kalispell Hagerty
    Relations: D-Class [Redacted], Maribel (Claimed sister), Jaylen(Claimed son)
    Physical Description: A tall woman with a head of braided grey hair holding a streak of auburn hair starting at her right temple. Sharp tanned cheeks are scarred. Wandering light brown eyes and a sharp tanned nose are often the first things people first notice about her followed by her cheeks. Often seen wearing a standard senior scientist uniform. But underneath she wears a glass pendant containing a modified Briggs-Rauscher oscillating color solution claiming it reminds her of home.

Description: Doctor Hagerty was raised within a hippie commune. Further investigation found the Black Hills commune to be abandoned and sunken within an overgrown thicket. Due to the commune's isolation and lackadaisical bookkeeping few records or documents of the doctor were found. Besides recent surveillance footage and fast-food receipts the only salvageable artifacts found involving the doctor's past were abstract paintings and drawings found at the site. The art presumably depicts the commune's members alongside angels, demons, and inhuman figures within a garden. The artifacts were presumed to be recollections from multitudes of drug induced hallucinations. The site was burned after all objects of interest were salvaged. The doctor professes the artifacts depict her home named the "Celestial Garden" where her mother and father raised her within an idyllic community.

Dr Hagerty was first found wandering SCP foundation premises in the 1980's believing her to be a lost flower child of the wilting hippie movement she was quickly classified for immediate readjustment and relocation. Upon requests to meet the former science division leader and divulging intimate SCP foundation details she was tested for anomalous properties. After brain scans and genetic sequencing no anomalous properties were detected within the doctor. Though she displayed human chimerism of three genetic sequences. The condition is not unheard of but is notable in its rarity. She also claims to communicate with her sister and son. No evidence of these individuals was found even after the deployment of SCP's most acclaimed ghost hunting unit. The doctor also displayed incredible abstract and scientific problem solving despite a lack of formal education. She claimed to be cheating, insisting her sister was the science whizz who was feeding her answers while her son peeked at the answers.

The Dr. Claims her father to be D-Class [REDACTED] last deployed in project [REDACTED]. Further querying revealed knowledge of intimate facility details from D-Class penitentiary cells to the cafeterias corn substitute chip flavorings. Genetic sequencing revealed a familial link with D-Class [REDACTED] who was thought to be lost without a trace in project [REDACTED]. After begging for SCP's assistance with returning her to the "Celestial Garden" in exchange for her services she was accepted by SCP if only to further investigate her. With her aptitude for scientific research the doctor began work as a lab technician in exchange for the organization promising to help her return home. Eventually heading project [REDACTED] the doctor furthers the foundations understanding of grafting, biological integration, and chimeras.

The doctor can be found within the lab conducting experiments within the lab. Lab technicians display routine enthusiasm for her custom fortune cookies who she claims to be her father's recipe and fortunes written by her son.

Special Notice: In the event of facility relocation provide the doctor with multiple genetic sequences for facilities with DNA authentication.
    Special Notice: Given the doctor's claim of seeing family members onsite the doctor must attend psychiatric sessions routinely.

Motive: Returning home to her purported home dimension either through the organization's assistance or by acquiring enough privileges to return home through SCP means.
    Complication: Refuses to comply or cooperate with any individual disrespecting her family. Many wonder if she is disturbed. Will zealously follow anyone who she believes can send her home.

Sheet:

Spoiler: Sheet
    Show

Abilities: 28
    Spoiler
    Show
    Str:
    Sta: 2
    Agi: 1
    Dex: 2
    Fgt: 1
    Int: 4
    Awe: 4
    Pre: 0

Defenses:
    Spoiler: Defenses
    Show
    Dodge:1
    Fortitude:2
    Toughness:2
    Parry:1
    Will:4

Skills: 20
    Spoiler
    Show
    Treatment 4: Costs 2
    Technology 4: Costs 2
    Vehicles 4: Costs 2
    Insight 2: Costs 1
    Perception 2: Costs 1
    Intimidation 8: Costs 4
    Expertise Grafting/Cellular Chimeras 4: Costs 2
    Expertise Sketching/Drawing 4: Costs 2
    Expertise Cooking 4: Costs 2

Advantages: 17
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inventor: SCP scientists are taught to use improvised tools for furthering research when neccessary.
    Connected: Having scientific tenure at SCP has its perks
    Second Chance Genetic Attacks: Attacking someone through their DNA is harder when they have multiple sequences.
    Favored Environment SCP Labs: Scientists become with SCP labs with time.
    Improved Trip: Dad always knew how to get some distance between him and trouble once it came knocking.
    Eidetic Memory: It is some much easier to win at trivia when it's four on one.
    Contacts: SCP scientists have each other on speed dial, provided the lines are secured against SCP events.
    Startle: For some reason people are startled by a woman with her father, sister, and child. Everyone else must have Familia phobia. SCP has psychiatric care but few colleagues seem to use it.
    Daze: Fight or flight is common when fear is a factor. Frozen terror can also occur.
    Gear 9: Receive 20 gear points
    Evasion: Tenured SCP scientists learned to vacate dangerous areas.
    Well Informed: Lead scientists must be well informed in their field and of their colleagues to survive
    Improved Initiative:
    Assessment:
    Defensive roll 2:

Gear: 45 gear points
    Spoiler
    Show
    Comm Link: 1 GP
    Audio Recorder: 1 GP
    Gas Mask: 1 GP
    Flashlight: 1 GP
    Microscope Spectacles: 1GP
    Flash Goggles: 1GP
    Restraining Foam Grenade 4: Snare_+3, Area_+1, Ricochet_+1: 20 GP - Essentially a grenade that releases foam that hardens into concrete in seconds to immobilize people. Descriptor: Mechanical, Chemical
    Magneto Watch 3: Move_object_+2, subtle_+1, perception_+1, limited material_-1, continuous_+1: 12GP - A small disk shield shaped object which can attract metallic objects or repel them. Descriptor: Electro-Magnetic,
    Cosmetic Genetic Therapy Syringe 1: Morph_+1, Attack_+0: 5 GP - A syringe that can temporarily change a person's appearance by giving them some foreign cells from donors. Descriptor: Biological
    Scalpel/Knife: Damage 1, piercing Crits at 19-20: 2GP

Last edited by Plaids; 2022-10-26 at 04:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground

there are no actual D-class present in the room. Those poor sods will just be loaded up in trucks and be going places they have no idea about and don't know why either.
    Ah, the discreet charm of being professional cannon fodder!

(Hey, you know you can call me just Meta. I don't mind the full thing, of course, but I do realize typing it out all the time must be a real pain.)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    (Hey, you know you can call me just Meta. I don't mind the full thing, of course, but I do realize typing it out all the time must be a real pain.)
    Hehe yeah, it certainly is a mouthful and can make me crosseyed trying to read and type out your username!

Esprit15

Feels like things are winding down.. so go ahead and finish unloading your barrage of questions, if you still have any left.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-10-26 at 05:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hopefully Lambert and the others giving the mission briefing weren't expelled from the town. Otherwise, everyone is going to have to make new characters to go on the adventure.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

FYI: I'm going to try to check daily, but with some vacation stuff this weekend I'm not 100% sure I'll be online until Sunday night. I'm going to check IC now, but probably will be offline the rest of the day and not sure about Friday/Saturday.

EDIT: I'm assuming Thomas hasn't worked directly with the other SCPs on missions/testing before, so although he might have an idea of them or heard rumors, he's still asking as if he's fully ignorant.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-10-27 at 03:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Oh I didn’t actually have more, that was more to characterize him as being exceedingly thorough.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)