New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [OOC] The SCP Foundation M&M

OOC, can we decide who much we know each other? Is this first time we've worked together, or have some of the SCPs worked with Dr. Hagerty or James Fink?

For 5404, I like the idea of Fink and 5404 having worked together before so there's a known sense of working together. Also prefer if the SCPs are new to each other, but I'm okay otherwise. If 5404 has worked with/been tested by Dr. Hagerty before, she's seemed normal from their limited testing interaction. That okay?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Well. I'd prefer that this be the first time you have actually gone out on missions together.

But I have absolutely know problem with you still knowing either Fink or Hagerty. You would have certainly been given chances to come out (under guarded scrutiny, mind you), and I'm sure Hagerty may have also wanted to do some genetic tests, or further her own research with your unique biology.

But I think no, no actual MISSIONS as of yet. I kind of want this to be a novelty, the first, and then from then onward make it a more regular thing. Assuming y'all survive.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah my reply will be a bit due to stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

I’ll be on 10-13hr night work for the next few days, so responses may be sporadic.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys, I'm planning to have this mission start soon. Introductions amongst everyone aren't strictly necessary... kinda waiting on those still, also waiting on a PM from plaids, but I do think what I have planned won't change much.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Post is up.. I certainly hope I didn't forget anything I meant to add...

Anyway, it's a little open-ended from here. Good luck with the mission!

You can always ask me OOC question here (obviously) and IC James and Kali can radio the SCP Foundation for advice, or report things.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

I'm gonna assume that, since it's not yet an emergency, Daniel probably wasn't allowed to be behind the wheel.

EDIT: Also, I've been thinking about the possibility that exists for King and Danny to have private conversations - conversations that happen only in daydreams, but King reading Danny's mind to watch how those conversations flow, which informs his replies.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-29 at 05:14 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm gonna assume that, since it's not yet an emergency, Daniel probably wasn't allowed to be behind the wheel.

EDIT: Also, I've been thinking about the possibility that exists for King and Danny to have private conversations - conversations that happen only in daydreams, but King reading Danny's mind to watch how those conversations flow, which informs his replies.
    That would be awesome. I love it!
    Just a note i got adhd and autism.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Anyway, it's a little open-ended from here. Good luck with the mission!
    Open-ended? Good luck? [Hysterical laughter.]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww I was kind of hoping for gearing up scene. oh well I'll make my own in the response.

Road Trip! hehehe
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. King can certainly READ minds, yes, but there is no telepathy. How do you propose King communicates with Daniel in a secretive way, and how does Daniel even know which thoughts he may be conveying to King?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure I understand. King can certainly READ minds, yes, but there is no telepathy. How do you propose King communicates with Daniel in a secretive way, and how does Daniel even know which thoughts he may be conveying to King?
    Daniel goes into a daydream. He prompts King to ask him a question, indicating that this conversation is a hypothetical future-conversation that nobody else will know was going to happen. King asks a question out loud. Daniel answers, and the daydream ends. In reality, Daniel does not prompt King for a question. The only one who remembers this future-conversation that hasn't happened yet is Daniel. But King can read Daniel's mind, and sees a "memory" of a conversation with King that never happened, and King sees what Daniel's answer to his question was. This process can repeat back and forth indefinitely. It's a bit slower than normal conversation I think, but it's basically undetectable, barring other telepaths/precognitives.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

That's very... wobbly at best.

Either King asks a question, or King does not. At some point, King will a least ask a few questions every now and then, maybe not all he planned to or might have asked, but if he is never asking questions, then you will never have them asked to you in your daydreaming/precognitive state.

In a way, sure, I think I see what you're saying. But:

a) It won't be reliable.

b) All your focus will be you concentrating on your precognition powers. Therefore you won't be aware of what's going on in the present.

Just spare me and everyone else a headache though, I wouldn't bother trying.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, not sure who needs this but in case you don't know what the hell he's slinging around.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

I think I should at least say that you're pushing not only a big truck loaded with stuff, but also a U-haul trailer filled with stuff too.

If it was just the truck, you could certainly get more progress. Hm. I suppose detaching the trailer could always be an option, but maybe it would be easier to get a tow?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Kuzmo nods, but receives the wrong message.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

James is realizing that, oh right, he’s probably the last one who should be running off alone in this situation. Better to send one of the more normal SCPs.

And I don’t know, I’ve gotten pretty heavy vehicles to move as long as it wasn’t up a hill once we got them rolling a little bit. Maybe we just have Kuzmo carry the trailer.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an answer, but I will wait for someone else to post before then. Cause good manners :D

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

OOC, I think it's probably best AvatarVecna's character go into town and mine help push, at least for "objective clearing".
    I'd also be cool with both of us going for a tow. Kinda makes sense the Foundation staff would want an eye on each of us, even if it's just another SCP.

To our knowledge, there's no GPS trackers in us or mini-explosives or any such, right? I definitely don't plan on 5404 running, but just double-checking we don't know of any "aggressive" deterrants in place.

Well. I'd prefer that this be the first time you have actually gone out on missions together.

But I have absolutely know problem with you still knowing either Fink or Hagerty. You would have certainly been given chances to come out (under guarded scrutiny, mind you), and I'm sure Hagerty may have also wanted to do some genetic tests, or further her own research with your unique biology.

But I think no, no actual MISSIONS as of yet. I kind of want this to be a novelty, the first, and then from then onward make it a more regular thing. Assuming y'all survive.
    That sounds good.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-10-29 at 08:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Just to remind you, I am disguised as a 7ft burly black man. Er... well is it really a disguise if that's how he used to look before he became a lizard?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Firbolg in the Playground

Signs that things are about to get complicated no. 517: when the no-nonsense straight man's the only one to do his method acting right. (It would seem that even Kali has trouble remembering the names of her (not-)sons (other than that of her (probably not-)son.) Plus, well, Maribel. BUT! Never change, Kuzmo! Never change!)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-10-30 at 01:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, let's see here....

Kuzmo has unhitched the truck from its trailer and is pushing again.

James began jogging to the village, then decided maybe it's not a good idea to leave the others to their own devices. He is now back and helping Kuzmo push the truck.

Daniel was checking the truck, but I think we've all figured out what's going on now. I think he'll be helping push.

Dr. Hagerty is behind the wheel of the non-functional truck.

Thomas is being indecisive, but Dr. Hagerty has directed him to go see the villagers.

King is being king. I'll let him decide if he goes along with Thomas in the carrier or not.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just to be clear king wasn't talking he was thinking to himself. Maybe i should of not used quotation marks and instead just do this instead
    Just a note i got adhd and autism.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Been busy with IRL halloween prep, but done for the moment. Will try and get a post up tonight/tomorrow. Danny is helping push the car unless directed to do otherwise.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

The italics for thoughts make sense.

Also, I didn't realize I had been ninjad. Replied to Thomas too now.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Having each character use their official and mission persona name is confusing me a little bit. Please assume Kali is using the mission persona names for the rest of the mission unless the name is highlighted.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

For the sake of expedition in case real life gets me busy: if the villager doesn't have much else to say, Thomas is good walking off a bit to talk to King, then take his advice to go back and report. Give a friendly wave of "going to go check on mom first" to explain not first running to the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    Having each character use their official and mission persona name is confusing me a little bit.
    Agreed. I'll try to use 5404 in general, and his cover story name if he has to say his own name.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-10-31 at 08:07 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Based on
    Accompanying Kali Simmons were her two sons, Brandon and Michael Simmons. These rolls were to be played by SCP-6356 and SCP-5404 (aka Daniel Morgan and Thomas Skylark) respectively.
    I am Michael, right?
    If I use the wrong name, please let me retcon it and treat it as the right one.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Based on

I am Michael, right?
    If I use the wrong name, please let me retcon it and treat it as the right one.
    yeah, you're acting as Michael!

And I just realized in that quote I wrote rolls instead of roles...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Relevant information to the lizard? I've been busy with work and home type Halloween stuff and I lost rack where Kuzmo is in all this.
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2022-10-31 at 05:53 PM.