New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] The SCP Foundation M&M

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    That sounds cool, but not sure how I could justify it. I don't have any powers. Guess I could just taunt them like a... barbarian in some game? I think I remember seeing powers like that as cliche somewhere.

DM, would you allow a "Taunt"?
    Probably rather low Will save, but, hey, something.

---

In an Exalted game, I had the spell that gives you a body of bronze, so tons of soak (really hard to damage). I tried to get the DM to let me make a houserule Charm that compels people to attack me. He said no.
    There really isn't anything advantage or skill wise you can do for a typical "MMO taunt", aside from simply being the most dangerous, the most noticeable, or most annoying. It all probably boils down to RPing it well, and circumstance.

Plaids did bring up the affliction power, though I feel its mechanics are pretty sloppy for the intended purpose, and not in theme with Thomas's whole.. shtick.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

For a 'Taunt' you could have a power with the some banal keywords (Benjamin's prison brawling has Completely Mundane, Biological for example. A taunt might be Psychological, Completely Mundane) and then something with an exception that incentivises enemies to attack you, even if it doesn't force them.

Eg:

Taunt - Illusion (Control) - 1 Pt Per Rank (Affects Hearing))

Mental Illusion (+0), since this really is all in their heads. This makes it resistible by will, and selective targeting.

Throw on the Limited modifier (the limitation being this only works to increase the scale of your personal threat as a combatant, and can't be used for more elaborate illusions) for a -1 and it becomes 2 ranks per 1 point.

Innate for 1 flat point to make it immune to nullification powers (since it's not a real 'illusion', it's talking a big game).

The net result would mean you can take an action to impose on all targets who can hear you the 'illusion' that you are a bigger threat or more obnoxious than you are, which is what taunting is. This doesn't guarantee they'll attack you - and affecting only the hearing sense means some opponents might not hear you even, but until they pass a Will resistance they will operate under the notion of your outsized threat. Further limitations include that, this being a mundane power, it's going to fall apart where it's obviously foolish. You can swear up a storm at an opponent, but if there's someone next to them with a gun to their head they're unlikely to consider you the most threatening thing in the room. And a cowardly opponents might perceive you to be too threatening and commit to attacking your weaker allies! It's a cheap power, you get what you pay for.

But all this might be a very long road to getting to what WindStruck said, which is you can probably accomplish this just by RPing in a taunty, threatening manner!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to see this still has signs of life :D
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

Howdy do, fellow SCPs? :D
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

I am doing fine. I have looked at some SCP pages and found some that would be produce interesting scenarios if interacting with Lily or the rest of the cast after leaving Blumber.
    A night light that tells bedtime stories are ensures restful nine hours of sleep. https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2980
    A night light that summons an angel that provides a sense of comfort to people in a large radius. https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-122

I think I would take the demon instead of the angel.
    Spoiler: General vibes I got from the SCP pages
    Show

Last edited by Plaids; 2024-02-03 at 02:47 AM.
    Playing as Hercules in Marvel Cortex Game
    Playing as Jakk'ari in WOW M&M
    Playing as Dr. Kalispell Hagerty in SCP M&M
    Playing as Tavaris in the Crystal Cult

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Hi everyone.. I'm sorry it's been so long.

I'm surprised by how it seems I have less time and less motivation for this.

If I'm going to be fair and honest, I had better just cancel any further plans with this whole game/setting. I do have a few other games I am involved with that I should be diverting my attention to anyway. I think it's best to stop here while we've had our little story plot concluded.

Thanks for playing and sticking around, and once again, sorry for promising something in december only to not deliver.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

No worries. As planning went on I felt my interest waning too. Best of luck to folks! Still has the honor of being one of the few games I got to see to the end here.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2024-02-06 at 01:43 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

8. - Top - End - #938
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Thank you for telling us you won't be continuing the game instead of letting the thread hang unresolved. Happy trails on your future games.
    Playing as Hercules in Marvel Cortex Game
    Playing as Jakk'ari in WOW M&M
    Playing as Dr. Kalispell Hagerty in SCP M&M
    Playing as Tavaris in the Crystal Cult

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Awww well that's a bummer, but thanks for letting us know. It's been fun playing with y'all.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Firbolg in the Playground

Damn. If I have known that, Kuzmo would be a happier Lizard Guy now. Still, thanks for the transparency (and needless to say, the game (it was a good strong one for certain!))! Ghosts might also be transparent, but I don't like 'em much.