New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] The SCP Foundation M&M

You’re behind the car still, help just arrived.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hand ax ranger View Post
    Relevant information to the lizard? I've been busy with work and home type Halloween stuff and I lost rack where Kuzmo is in all this.
    Wouldn't say you've missed much.

As Esprit said, Kuzmo had just been pushing your car this entire time, along with a few others. Thomas went a head into the village to get some help.

Now some guy has brought his own truck to help tow yours. He's currently talking to you all (and in particular, to Kali) right now.

King also may have some valuable information to share, at an opportune time.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-11-01 at 03:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Did King notice any change to the villagers' minds once Thomas started talking to them? Are they still on "auto-pilot" like when decorating, or more normal now that helping with tow?

Quote Originally Posted by hand ax ranger View Post
    Relevant information to the lizard? I've been busy with work and home type Halloween stuff and I lost rack where Kuzmo is in all this.
    I think he's just been pushing the van, and now villagers are there to hook it up to a truck to tow it.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd post more but there's not much king can do. Can't talk in front of people and can't do much period. I have an idea of maybe king peeing on the tow truck guy just to piss him off but I'm not sure what else i could do.
    Just a note i got adhd and autism.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

He'll be getting in his own truck to drive it and pull your car, so that should be an opportunity there.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

I think I know what will be happening next. I'm just waiting a bit on everyone, to see if you all do anything.

Or if you just want to pass and not really say/do much, also please say so. Thanks.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

I don't see much more that needs to be done before the group gets into town.
    Maybe convince the tow truck driver that the group can stay longer than he is comfortable with, but the group is already welcome for a bit.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    I don't see much more that needs to be done before the group gets into town.
    Maybe convince the tow truck driver that the group can stay longer than he is comfortable with, but the group is already welcome for a bit.
    I moved things along and you are in the town now.

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    I moved things along and you are in the town now.
    I don't see anything in the in character section

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    I don't see anything in the in character section
    It's right here.

After it's decided that the large and burly Kuzmo the Great will pull the u-haul trailer himself, the rest of you either hop in your own vehicle as it's being towed, or otherwise you can trail behind without quite being in the town proper yet.

Willis the apparent mechanic of the little hamlet, lifts up the hood of your truck within his garage and soon curses under his breath. "Well kiss my pitute! It looks like your fuel systems blew. They sure don't make 'em like they used to."

The man scratches his scruffy face and says, "I don't reckon there's any way I can fix this. All these newfangled cars and all, they have their own little parts and systems now. It's just not what we're used to dealing with around here. Why I've been maintaining cars that are forty, fifty years old at least!"

Looking at you all with some concern he asks, "Well. If I can't fix it, someone else from outta town has got to. Y'all have a phone to call a cab? Or a tow truck?"
    Your broken down car is now in his garage. He's talking to you.

Also, if you decided to ride in the car togethers it was towed along, you would would have ample time to tell what you found out, if that's what you're going to do.

11. - Top - End - #101

It's right here.

Your broken down car is now in his garage. He's talking to you.

Also, if you decided to ride in the car togethers it was towed along, you would would have ample time to tell what you found out, if that's what you're going to do.
    Nice! I'm gonna post now in ic

12. - Top - End - #102
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think I know what will be happening next. I'm just waiting a bit on everyone, to see if you all do anything.

Or if you just want to pass and not really say/do much, also please say so. Thanks.
    I can't help but notice our D-listers are still alive and (relatively speaking) well. Anything you plan to do about that?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

One thing I enjoy about roleplaying games is seeing how the personality of my characters develop.
    Like, I didn't plan on 5404 having a joking attitude about death. But some lines come to me and I want to retain the "doesn't like to die" aspect, so now he jokes as a defense mechanism.

Usually my characters wind up a "pragmatic evil", ends justify the means sorta type. Should be avoided in this game, as it's usually when they are very powerful and some quesitonable stuff is helpful, and I don't know 5404 will get powerful/permissions enough to be able to activate such plans.
    Or, if morally ambiguous comes up... well, that kinda fits the SCP.
    (In a Mage: The Ascension game, we had a magic dagger that was powered by killing people and was really helpful in this mission to save reality. Apparently you look like an insane evil demon-worshipping mage if you ask to create and bring a bag of babies to recharge the dagger, even if you make them immune to pain and unconscious the whole time. Fortunately they accepted my character was just insane and evil, not demon-worshipping. He had gone a bit crazy from constantly rewriting his memories to avoid getting arrested/executed for doing questionable stuff, and thus knowing he couldn't trust his memories about his motivations or what he'd actually done. "Oh, we killed him because we were hired mercenaries, not because we have evidence he was a demon-worshipper? Uh... not cool, guys. Wait, what, it was my idea!?")

NOTE: I'm not a "my character acts this way" jerk kind of player. I'll shape their personality to work with the group. Just making this note in case the above raised any concerns.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    One thing I enjoy about roleplaying games is seeing how the personality of my characters develop.
    Like, I didn't plan on 5404 having a joking attitude about death. But some lines come to me and I want to retain the "doesn't like to die" aspect, so now he jokes as a defense mechanism.

Usually my characters wind up a "pragmatic evil", ends justify the means sorta type. Should be avoided in this game, as it's usually when they are very powerful and some quesitonable stuff is helpful, and I don't know 5404 will get powerful/permissions enough to be able to activate such plans.
    Or, if morally ambiguous comes up... well, that kinda fits the SCP.
    (In a Mage: The Ascension game, we had a magic dagger that was powered by killing people and was really helpful in this mission to save reality. Apparently you look like an insane evil demon-worshipping mage if you ask to create and bring a bag of babies to recharge the dagger, even if you make them immune to pain and unconscious the whole time. Fortunately they accepted my character was just insane and evil, not demon-worshipping. He had gone a bit crazy from constantly rewriting his memories to avoid getting arrested/executed for doing questionable stuff, and thus knowing he couldn't trust his memories about his motivations or what he'd actually done. "Oh, we killed him because we were hired mercenaries, not because we have evidence he was a demon-worshipper? Uh... not cool, guys. Wait, what, it was my idea!?")

NOTE: I'm not a "my character acts this way" jerk kind of player. I'll shape their personality to work with the group. Just making this note in case the above raised any concerns.
    Nice bro! Always nice when your enjoying yourself. Personally i just love making an interesting character then seeing how the world reacts to him and vise versa. That's not the only way i can enjoy rpgs tho. I also like playing underdogs who have to survive against harsh odds. So king or my current over the edge 1 on 1 game swap (I'm the player. I gm mage 20th for my over the edge gm) is an example of the former and d classes or osr play is an example of the latter.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Pointing towards the free-range SCPs warmly greeting a meat-puppet shaped like a young girl.
    Uh. What. Could you explain?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

My guess is pointing at a child playing but not seeing it as human.

Also, James hasn’t vocalized his theories to be clear. He’s asking the scientist before giving his opinions.

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, it's probably that. Kali's not King; she doesn't know the girl in the garage is not (yet?) a meat puppet.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, yes. You guys are the "free range SCPs"! I think. Okay hahah

Maybe not quite so free range as you think...

Feels like there's also a time discrepancy though, as I think she wouldn't be saying that in front of the guy Willis nor the girl. Oh but whatever.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-11-04 at 02:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

It's possible I just missed it, but have we seen any kind of law enforcement officer here in town?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

And meanwhile Kuzmo is just waiting by the trailer to provide fire support.

:D
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It's possible I just missed it, but have we seen any kind of law enforcement officer here in town?
    nope! no cops here, not even a lowly town sheriff.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Also I think my question earlier got missed. Is there cell reception here, and are there any cell towers that we saw recently on the way in?

Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Currently it looks like the group has two main leads and an option to look for more leads.
    The obvious options I am seeing are
    1. Investigate the festival or prepare for the festival and see what happens.
    2. Investigate and interview the children and get a naive but more honest account of what the town is.
    3. Investigate something else in the town such as the grain silos to possibly find more leads.

Would anyone, especially the GM, be open to splitting the party?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

I know my current plan is to bring one of the humanoid SCPs and possibly King to the silos while “Looking for reception.” Just waiting on 5404 to actually respond.

Also, might I suggest not piloting where other people’s characters go, and what NPCs do?

Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    Currently it looks like the group has two main leads and an option to look for more leads.
    The obvious options I am seeing are
    1. Investigate the festival or prepare for the festival and see what happens.
    2. Investigate and interview the children and get a naive but more honest account of what the town is.
    3. Investigate something else in the town such as the grain silos to possibly find more leads.

Would anyone, especially the GM, be open to splitting the party?
    If we were to split the party i should be part of the investigation involving the children since i can read their minds. Kali would also be good for this since she's probably good with children. Lizard man and soldier dude should investigate the sailos and stuff since they are the best combatants and this will probably be the most dangerous of the 3. And precog and immortal should check the festival since they are the last 2 remaining and not as weird as the lizard cat or kali. Alternatively the solider guy and god king could stick with the harvest and we just send the immortal alone to check on the sailos since he can't die. I'm in favor of the former of the 2 team comp.
    Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 2022-11-05 at 04:08 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

I really don't mind splitting you all up. Technically that's already been done with the D-class. It would just be helpful if we all had some clear markers to indicate who is where.

Like.. Grain Silos, Town Center, that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    I know my current plan is to bring one of the humanoid SCPs and possibly King to the silos while “Looking for reception.” Just waiting on 5404 to actually respond.

Also, might I suggest not piloting where other people’s characters go, and what NPCs do?
    Also Plaids, I feel this is the second time things have been thrown off by your posts. Like, I see what you're intending to do, but I'm afraid you're trying to cram too much in there and skipping too much into the future, assuming actions of players and NPCs. I think Esprit's quote may have been directed toward you...

King probably will be telling you all what he finds out, and you'll have ample time to express your theories. But again, I think that is meant for slightly in the future, and it's like putting the cart before the horse - but you really don't know where you're going yet either!

27. - Top - End - #117

I really don't mind splitting you all up. Technically that's already been done with the D-class. It would just be helpful if we all had some clear markers to indicate who is where.

Like.. Grain Silos, Town Center, that sort of thing.

Also Plaids, I feel this is the second time things have been thrown off by your posts. Like, I see what you're intending to do, but I'm afraid you're trying to cram too much in there and skipping too much into the future, assuming actions of players and NPCs. I think Esprit's quote may have been directed toward you...

King probably will be telling you all what he finds out, and you'll have ample time to express your theories. But again, I think that is meant for slightly in the future, and it's like putting the cart before the horse - but you really don't know where you're going yet either!
    Yeah it was kinda taking away my opportunity to describe what my character was gonna say. I forgot what this kinda behaviour is called but it's essentially taking partial control away from other people's characters. Like i didn't mind too much but it was a tad annoying. I do appreciate wanting to get to the point but yeah that's my thoughts on it.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

I think the term is Godmodding:

Godmodding
    Godmodding in its simplest terms is controlling another player's character without their permission. By imposing your will on their character without their permission, you are gaining 'godlike' or 'divine' powers, hence the origin of the term. Godmodding can be as basic stating that a character is holding a drink in their hand at a party, or mentioning a type of clothing a character is wearing. It can also include actions, such as Character A swinging a punch and breaking Character B's nose. In this scenario there was not any opportunity for Character B's player to respond to the action, maybe their character dodged the punch entirely or got a black eye instead, perhaps it hit but not strong enough to actually break their nose. By stating the end result of the action, the player of Character A is removing the ability of Character B's player to contribute to both the scene and the mood of the thread.

Avoiding godmodding is rather simple, the easiest way to do so is to leave an opening for the other player to respond to. For example this Shaking her head, Jane frowned at Steve, clearly disgusted by him. "You've had enough, you drunk," she snapped as she reached out and snatched the glass out of his hand. could easy be changed to this Shaking her head, Jane frowned at Steve, clearly disgusted by him. "You've had enough, you drunk," she snapped as she reached out, intending to snatch the glass out of his hand. Only a few words were changed, yet the second one isn't godmodding because it gives Steve's player the chance to respond and decide what happens next.

The most important thing to keep in mind when trying to avoid godmodding is to give the other player the chance to respond to the action.
    TLDR: Just control your character, and only your character. Don't describe what other characters (including NPCs) do, unless you're just rehashing what was already described. Don't make huge assumptions about character reactions, outcomes to certain events, or parts of the environment/story that haven't been described.

29. - Top - End - #119

Thanks windstuck. Also i have a question. When you said this game was lethal just how much do you. Just in case i made some back up characters but from a scale of 3 is the deadlyness 1 being koblods ate my babys and paranoia a 2 being most osr games and 3 being call of cthulhu, over the edge, unknown armies, and the world of darkness.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh cool, Mingling! that gives me an in to interact with the people!

Windstruck
    So Where is his battlegear? In the trailer or the truck? I have this idea that it's all in this gymbag for "Concealment Purposes" (Or at least the Falcata) along with other things over the top of them like normal gym bag stuff. Water bottles, snacks, gym clothes, etc.

Kuzmo would prioritize finding this bag, though he will probably to a mingling first.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.