Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] The SCP Foundation M&M

Quote Originally Posted by hand ax ranger View Post
    snacks
    Especially snacks, I'm led to presume.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Your gear would be in some box in the u-haul trailer. Kinda in the back and hard to get to, but at least you know exactly where it is. It would probably take about 2 rounds to get access to.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Your gear would be in some box in the u-haul trailer. Kinda in the back and hard to get to, but at least you know exactly where it is. It would probably take about 2 rounds to get access to.
    o-o

heck. Anybody got a gymbag?

Edit: I can see it now. A note on the box thar says:

"We considered your proposal for an "Adventure bag" and decided to decline it off the ground that is is a stupid idea and we're not doing it. We did leave you snacks though." -HR
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2022-11-05 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

You can have all your stuff in one bag in that box if you want...

Also, uh. The girl is speaking with the others about showing them around town. They're with the truck and everything, talking with this guy Willis and the girl Lily.

Why don't we just say you already dropped the U-haul trailer off and found them at the garage right at that time she mentions the "tour"?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought that was what we were doing? lol maybe I am more lost than I though....
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Also I think my question earlier got missed. Is there cell reception here, and are there any cell towers that we saw recently on the way in?
    *whistling*
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Also I think my question earlier got missed. Is there cell reception here, and are there any cell towers that we saw recently on the way in?
    Hm. You probably do have some kind of reception, if anything, thanks to the SCP's advanced technology.

But I don't think you saw any cell towers on the way here. At least, not anywhere close.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Currently the group has two main leads.
    1. The children not being puppets for the town SCP.
    2. The festival the townsfolk are preparing for later.

The group could also try to find other leads by looking at things that may be suspicious such as local cemeteries or grain silos. Though it seems like a tour from a child will provide some new leads so it looks like we don't need to split to find more clues for now.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

My main considerations (OOC) are
    1) are other kids non-controlled?
    2) if no, what's special about her? Are her parents different or puppets?
    At first I was thinking that the people were only controlled while actively working on the festival, but it seems the "no minds" is a persistent thing with the adults we've met so far.

We know some new people sometimes come to town, as there was talk of one villager getting a girlfriend to move into town. The girlfriend vanished after the Event.
    Wild animals flee before the Event, right? We didn't hear anything about if the farm animals (e.g., pigs) stay or not, did we?

---

Can King talk quietly enough that, if we are a few feet away, we can kneel down and listen to him without drawing attention?
    Dr. Hagerty was informed, but so far none of the rest of us know the new intel about the girl. At least that's my understanding.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Wild animals flee before the Event, right? We didn't hear anything about if the farm animals (e.g., pigs) stay or not, did we?
    No, apparently not!

Can King talk quietly enough that, if we are a few feet away, we can kneel down and listen to him without drawing attention?

Dr. Hagerty was informed, but so far none of the rest of us know the new intel about the girl. At least that's my understanding.
    It is very risky. Currently, the girl would have to be quite distracted, or maybe you could make some excuse to separate from her or send her off on her way. It's one of those dicey situations where I'm afraid I might have to make a die roll.

I'm not so sure that Dr. Hagerty was informed. There was a lot of godmodding in that post of Plaids's, and I'm not even certain Ameraaaaaa wanted to go along with it all just yet. And like before, there would have been some risks involved in saying something just then. Though maybe she really is coming off as a crazy lady..
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-11-07 at 05:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Got your response Hand Ax Ranger! Just waiting to see what the others want to do.

As for the D-class, I haven't forgotten about you!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm not so sure that Dr. Hagerty was informed. There was a lot of godmodding in that post of Plaids's, and I'm not even certain Ameraaaaaa wanted to go along with it all just yet. And like before, there would have been some risks involved in saying something just then. Though maybe she really is coming off as a crazy lady..
    On the craziness: like, to all of our characters, it's obvious she's referring to some entity that's not there, and none of us SCPs have been told any explanation whatsoever, right?
    5404 assumes the Director and Task Force Leader know what's up, and he's just assuming it's none of his business or he would've been told. Makes him question her reliability a bit, but his job is literally "canon fodder and field medic," so if the SCP puts a crazy lady in charge, he's not gonna question it and risk his rewards.

OOC, it's fun and cool.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Hey everyone, I'd like to continue on, but I need some actions from everyone. So far Dr. Hagerty is going off for some samples, and Kuzmo is following the little girl to meet her parents.

So I still need to know what James Fink are doing, and Thomas, and Daniel, and King.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey everyone, I'd like to continue on, but I need some actions from everyone. So far Dr. Hagerty is going off for some samples, and Kuzmo is following the little girl to meet her parents.

So I still need to know what James Fink are doing, and Thomas, and Daniel, and King.
    Going with the little girl and Kuzmo.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-11-09 at 09:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

So quick question: What does Emma look like? Like, is she pretty and desirable? Cause if so should I be concerned about Kuzmo's complication + His being locked of for a good while?

Just being honest. Plus, it could be interesting to see where this goes.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Well, invoking your complication sounds fun. I'd say this Emma is... above average? She could probably look quite fetching if she dressed up for a nice occasion. But for now in her simple clothes and dirty apron, not quite so much.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Lol here we go.

Spoiler: Meme
    Show

I don't really want this to get creepy or anything mind you, it's just a character flaw and I believe it should be noted and acted out.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just asking before i post. Emma doesn't have a mind right gm.
    Just a note i got adhd and autism.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    Just asking before i post. Emma doesn't have a mind right gm.
    That's right. King would not detect anything either. Just the same old, faint and subtle thing in the background.

20. - Top - End - #140

noting the idea that Lily might be the SCP; he's sure the Foundation staff already figured that.
    I mean, she was presumed to be what's probably best termed as "an instance of SCP-1031-1" before she turned out to be special.

21. - Top - End - #141

DruidGuy

I like the current direction of the story so far. A mystery has presented itself and the big festival and Lily are going to be very important in uncovering truth. Hopefully the party won't have to beat up a child.

Relevant clips from a cartoon with a similar premise involving an illusory old-fashioned all-American town with a suspicious young child.

Don't know why but the video won't render in the forum post.
    Last edited by Plaids; 2022-11-15 at 05:19 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142

Damn i never saw that cartoon other then clips but i really should.

As too the direction of the story I'm fine with it but it's hard to enjoy it when having my character talking would break cover. I do enjoy it mind you but I'm starting to regret making a character that effectively can't talk. Hopefully the next adventure isn't in a public area.

Btw I'm not blaming the gm. I should of thought through the consequences of my character being a cat more. I do like it when i get to do something with my character tho. Maybe i should post my characters thoughts about stuff going on but i don't know how much mileage i can get from that.

Edit. Apparently the kid doesn't understand phones. Strange.
    Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 2022-11-15 at 05:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that does kind of suck. Your interactions are rather limited.. as, it's not expected that you'd be participating in directly interacting with and talking to the villagers.

I'm sure you will get opportunities to interact with other members of the team, but yeah... You'll be silent unless you decide to deliberately (or accidentally) talk in front of any of the villagers.

Now is that a good idea? Probably not. But at least the special girl seems to like King. Maybe not after he opens his mouth though..

24. - Top - End - #144

Yeah, that does kind of suck. Your interactions are rather limited.. as, it's not expected that you'd be participating in directly interacting with and talking to the villagers.

I'm sure you will get opportunities to interact with other members of the team, but yeah... You'll be silent unless you decide to deliberately (or accidentally) talk in front of any of the villagers.

Now is that a good idea? Probably not. But at least the special girl seems to like King. Maybe not after he opens his mouth though..
    Honestly if i could go back in time I'd probably make king a human or just played as a d class. Anyways i do like the mystery around the little girl. My personal bet is that she is actually an old lady who's psychic powers is making this place exist due to missing the past. Either that or it's a magic cult.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    Honestly if i could go back in time I'd probably make king a human or just played as a d class.
    Well, there isn't a lot to do for our D-folks either, and they'll die horrible deaths the moment there'll be. (DEATH!)

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Well, there isn't a lot to do for our D-folks either, and they'll die horrible deaths the moment there'll be. (DEATH!)
    True. Very true indeed.

27. - Top - End - #147

DruidGuy

I like how characters have to be a little sneaky when investigating the town. Having someone with an unassuming animal disguise is cool. But having a character being unable to converse with anyone in the open is a frequent IC hinderance even though it is circumvented easily OOC. Luckily talking shouldn't be an issue once the weird rears its head.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    I like how characters have to be a little sneaky when investigating the town. Having someone with an unassuming animal disguise is cool. But having a character being unable to converse with anyone in the open is a frequent IC hinderance even though it is circumvented easily OOC. Luckily talking shouldn't be an issue once the weird rears its head.
    Agreed. I can't wait for **** to hit the fan and for my character to run around scared of pitch forked citizens and whatever that monster from the precogs vision was.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

I think there's something else I forgot to mention to you all. It's about noon now I'd say.

As you were walking to Lily Becket's house, you would have heard the church bells ring twelve times.

I feel it's relevant since Daniel is snooping around in the church. And I may be making time zip by faster than normal but meh.. don't blame SCP or analogies, it's just me keeping the pace equal with the D-class.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Sorry guys, I fell out of the loop there for a couple of days; I'm catching up now. Situation seems normal. We have spotted corn. Repeat, corn.