New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Candy-Coated Werewolf

I'm disappointed in AvatarVecna still voting for themselves and not doing any solving at all. flat_footed gets a spot on the list as well, for posting mainly jokes but entirely in a kind of self-defense with no thoughts on any other player. I also got a bad vibe out of Persolus's posts.

Aside from that, there's a handful of people who haven't said anything important either way.

Mrs McGinty, Snowblaze, hollowkatt, 3SecondCultist have all done enough to make me look the other way for the time being.
    Last edited by Murska; 2022-10-28 at 06:20 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I'm disappointed in AvatarVecna still voting for themselves and not doing any solving at all. flat_footed gets a spot on the list as well, for posting mainly jokes but entirely in a kind of self-defense with no thoughts on any other player. I also got a bad vibe out of Persolus's posts.

Aside from that, there's a handful of people who haven't said anything important either way.

Mrs McGinty, Snowblaze, hollowkatt, 3SecondCultist have all done enough to make me look the other way for the time being.
    In Persolus' defense, it is his second game, and I'm not getting any vibes from him other than "all of this is still new". AvatarVecna also has a tendency to do very little interaction on Day 1 and if she survives to go all in from D2 onwards. I think not seeing much movement there is NAI.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

all except ff, Murska, hk, Rogan, sb, Persolus
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2022-10-26 at 06:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Cazero on a hunch
    Xumtiil seems fine enough for me d1

can go either way of persolus rn - there is a post of his that i had a real bad knee jerk reaction to - but its possible im reading into things too much
    Last edited by Visor; 2022-10-27 at 03:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair to AV, they probably won't start solving until at least day 2. That's just their meta now a days. Their logic (assuming I remember and understand it accurately) makes a lot of sense.

Also, I kept forgetting this was around but like small town lean on Mrs. McGinty on very little reason, more instinct. Strong, near locked town lean on Book Wombat. Screw it, let's lock that stuff in. Book is town. Undeniably. No I will not explain why. Look for it though. If you see it chime in but don't tell nobody. We can explain later.

I need to go find a new person to vote for.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Cazero on a hunch
    can you unpack that hunch?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Huh. This is quieter than I expected.

(Though my expectations have been seriously skewed by D1 of last game.)

Xumtiil 3: Snowblaze, hollowkatt, Murska
    Murska 2: flat_footed, 3SecondCultist
    flat_footed 2: Xumtiil, Rogan
    gac3 1: Book Wombat
    Snowblaze 1: Cazero
    Cuthalion 1: Persolus
    Book Wombat 1: gac3
    Mrs McGinty 1: Visor
    "All" 1: Mrs McGinty

No posts: Cuthalion, bladescape

Still too asleep for thoughts, but have some anyway: I'd appreciate explanation from the other Xumtiil voters, and gac is giving me gut pings but considering town!gac quite frequently gives me gut pings that doesn't say much.
    Haha. Gut pings off of one post. Snow, you so paranoid. Feels more like town snow tbh. This is great. I've already got 3 town reads. I'm on top of it this game. The trick is finding the wolf reads.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Voting for Snowblaze for now.
    I don't care enough about my gender to check if I'm not a he/him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also most of my experience with these games comes from Among Us, where the meta is quite different.
    This is day one. I rolled dice.
    this is their posting so far itg

their first post is... written very cautiously? with the for now etc - feels like just getting something out of the way.

2nd post is just a response - no proactivity

3rd post is just a response - no proactivity

its clear they've read somewhat - but had nothing to add to the game, just respond to stuff that looks at them. its no slam dunk, but on a more casual site like gitp, sometimes you get wolves that do this kind of thing where they sit in the shadows until someone mentions them. (they also havent really joked around or done anything else - which would make this read null)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

all except ff, Murska, hk, Rogan, sb, Persolus, gac
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2022-10-26 at 06:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

i dont think that read is a slam dunk in any sense - but just noting i would like to see cazero start being proactive in their play

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    i dont think that read is a slam dunk in any sense - but just noting i would like to see cazero start being proactive in their play
    got any suspects?

- - - Updated - - -

beyond cazero

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    all except ff, Murska, hk, Rogan, sb, Persolus, gac
    Aww. Thanks

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

all except ff, Murska, hk, Rogan, sb, Persolus
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2022-10-28 at 05:37 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

got any suspects?

- - - Updated - - -

beyond cazero
    nothing really stands out

early days so far

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Disclaimer: the following is from my own experience.
    Day powers are less common. There most common might be Masons, who can talk to each other in private. But this won't give new info on its own, only a second point of view. It is a useful power, especially since usually, they will know they can trust each other.
    If you are interested, you could also take a look here to see if you find something.

However, speculations about the power of other people early on is usually more helpful for the wolves. Especially if you see someone hinting at a role, it's better to keep quiet about this and make yourself a note (maybe in your chat with Taffi, she probably would like the chance to see your line of thoughts).
    I also got a bad vibe out of Persolus's posts.
    ...yeah I realised after posting that this was the sort of thing that was brought up last game - unless it's something that actually helps town, info helps the wolves. Thank you for the resources, Rogan, and I give y'all my word (as much as that's worth) that my post was in both good faith and big dumb.

Also, yay, Mrs Mcginty trusts me?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    Also, yay, Mrs Mcginty trusts me?
    reread the thread

if you had to chop one player right now, who would it be?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I think I saw someone vote flat_footed? Nope, incorrect, change your vote. flat is not a D1 lynch anymore, that note is overplayed.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am not a vanilla role.

One of McGinty's non-votes is 100% town.

McGinty is also town. Not 100% but high enough you should go with it for now.

I have played with all but Cazero and for that reason I'm vetoing Caz as a D1.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to Round 2: Blade on vacation boogaloo
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    To be fair to AV, they probably won't start solving until at least day 2. That's just their meta now a days. Their logic (assuming I remember and understand it accurately) makes a lot of sense.

Also, I kept forgetting this was around but like small town lean on Mrs. McGinty on very little reason, more instinct. Strong, near locked town lean on Book Wombat. Screw it, let's lock that stuff in. Book is town. Undeniably. No I will not explain why. Look for it though. If you see it chime in but don't tell nobody. We can explain later.

I need to go find a new person to vote for.
    I struggle to understand why someone who doesn't really get going till D2 would open the game voting for themselves. It feels icky on some level. If they really do get going tomorrow good, if they don't I think more pressure there makes some sense

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    I struggle to understand why someone who doesn't really get going till D2 would open the game voting for themselves. It feels icky on some level. If they really do get going tomorrow good, if they don't I think more pressure there makes some sense
    I get that. But honestly Xi and AV both have long reputations for self voting. Even for no reason. Not trying to defend AV as much as provide some context. The townies AV looks, the more likely they are a wolf. They won last game by convincing two dead players that they were town

21. - Top - End - #81

This is bread and bitter AV of both alignments.

That being said there's a dumb reason I could lean AV town and no, I'm not elaborating

- - - Updated - - -

Bread and butter*

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

TL;DR it's just my meta. I'm either D1 wagon as revenge for previous games or N1 NK, rather frequently when I rand town. I self-vote because I used to have a tradition of self-voting at least once in every single game. I self-vote in IRL games. I self-voted in champs. I once self-voted so suspiciously three wolves tripped trying to justify voting for me because they thought it was a trap somehow. It's not generally a good strategy by any means but meeeeeeeeeh.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I get that. But honestly Xi and AV both have long reputations for self voting. Even for no reason. Not trying to defend AV as much as provide some context. The townies AV looks, the more likely they are a wolf. They won last game by convincing two dead players that they were town
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    This is bread and bitter AV of both alignments.

That being said there's a dumb reason I could lean AV town and no, I'm not elaborating

- - - Updated - - -

Bread and butter*
    I know quite a few people who are potatoes D1 and then turn it on. I don't have a problem with that at all. I do think it's worth paying attention to and worth thinking about what would happen if they don't turn it on, or turn it on in a weird way
    blade idc what your reason is but I'm gonna town lean you for saying you have one like that

24. - Top - End - #84
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

reread the thread

if you had to chop one player right now, who would it be?
    okay, reread the thread, and it looks like you think I'm more town than gac and et al., but less town than ff, murska, hk, Rogan, and snowblaze.

Umm... well, my random number gave me Cuthalion, but I don't know if I'd want them lynched, as it wouldn't tell us anything. Null read there.

My interest is piqued by percentages bladescape is giving out, but whatever his source is, this is the good kind of info to talk about, not my misguided role-guessing attempts. I'm gonna assume a slight town lean, simply because those are very specific and bold claims to make that: wolf!bladescape would have no reason to tell the truth about them, as it's info that only helps Town, and if wolf!bladescape were to lie, we'd know who to turn on next lynch. Also (since Word Of Taffy states there "might be neutral roles") if he was a SK or other violent neutral, he probably wouldn't want attention drawn to himself, and if he's a neutral neutral, then there's no reason he would lie. So, of potential town leans, guaranteed to get good info on a flip, but still, town lean.

AV: i totally buy the D1 argument - personally I am just pushing myself to find reads right now because I'm new and I'd like to give people more data on how I think and play. So, null atm.

McGinty: bladescape says she is most likely town. the whole rapid-fire vote thing is way more attention grabbing than a wolf or neutral would presumably want, so I'm going with a slight town lean, subject to change as her voting narrows down.

Snowblaze: she died way too fast last game for me to get any feel for her "normal" - but I do note that, despite being one of the top posters, she has done not much more than ask questions (of others and her memory of previous games). So, null, so far, but I'm intrigued.

Rogan: I do find it curious that he would attempt the "a wolf" vote, but perhaps he already got the answer he wanted from Taffimai. I do find it odd that he is risking throwing away a vote. However, he deliberately took the initiative to shut down my previously-mentioned misguided-role-guessing, which was a conversation that could have helped wolves, so the *faintest* of town leans. *Faintest*

huh. I have gone through a bunch of people and posts and still haven't found a worthy chop-target.
    I'm just going to submit this before I get ninja'ed and continue trying to make my brain work.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

If I were forced to pick a real vote, Book Wombat would be my chop of choice.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-27 at 11:15 AM.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    If I were forced to pick a real vote, Book Wombat would be my chop of choice.
    *gasp*
    Wombat steak? How could you?!
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

27. - Top - End - #87

I know quite a few people who are potatoes D1 and then turn it on. I don't have a problem with that at all. I do think it's worth paying attention to and worth thinking about what would happen if they don't turn it on, or turn it on in a weird way
    blade idc what your reason is but I'm gonna town lean you for saying you have one like that
    Hollowkatt

Pocket attempt denied
    Last edited by bladescape; 2022-10-27 at 02:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Hollowkatt

Pocket attempt denied
    interesting reaction

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Morning. Enough content that I can start properly digging into it now. Let's see:

- vague gut townleans on Persolus and Rogan

- Murska, elaborate on 3SC please? (Also I was about to wolfread him for switching to a counterwagon to himself before I realised he was switching away from the other counterwagon to himself. In that case maybe thinnest of town points? Xumtiil wagon probably had more of a case behind it/was easier to push)

- Visor, when you say "Xumtiil seems fine for D1" do you mean "Xumtiil seems towny enough to not want dead" or "I'm fine with killing Xumtiil D1"?

- gac... my gut is just screaming "kill gac with fire" but it might just be typical town!gac weirdness so I need to turn that over in my head and try (and fail) to come to a conclusion.

- Mrs McGinty can have tentative town points for retracting their gac non-vote but I still expect answers/explanation before EOD.

- I also have a bad reason to townread AV; incidentally bladescape having one is typical bladescape and very much NAI, but I can see how it would seem towny to someone who doesn't know bladescape, so...

- bladescape, hollowkatt, have you played together before? How well do you know each other?

tl;dr
    Vague townleans: Persolus, Rogan, Mrs McGinty
    Above null if I squint hard enough, but don't trust me on these: Murska, AvatarVecna
    Hovering somewhere below null: gac3, Xumtiil

And everyone else remains null.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    *gasp*
    Wombat steak? How could you?!
    POE is a cruel mistress sometimes.

My Homebrew