New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Candy-Coated Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Your confidence in my skill is misplaced then.
    The fascinating part to me right now is that you used a very similar situation as evidence against me. You were right then. That's why I fully believe you have the skill to pick up on this. Because you got me with it once already.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

First off: it's day 1. You are acting like the threshold for a chop choice is mega-high.

Second off: you've given exactly as many reasons for changing my vote as I've given for not changing my vote. You're not confirmed town, book's not confirmed town, so stop acting like you're in charge of this candy bag and that I've gotta convince you to have a chance.

Thirdly, it's just basic process of elimination.

3SecondCultist, Persolus, and Xumtiil are too new for me to wanna chop em this early. Cazero, Visor, Hollowkatt, MrsMcGinty, Cuthalion, and Murska don't play around here often if ever, and that'd be a bad way to say "hi". AvatarVecna, bladescape, Rogan, and flat_footed have a bad habit of dying early regardless of alignment. That leaves gac3, Book Wombat, and Snowblaze. gac ran the last game and tends to get scumread early for acting weird, so I'm willing to give him a pass for the moment. Snow has a tendency to get wagoned early but wiggle out of it, but also she died N1 last game due to bastard nonsense, so while I'm more willing to chop here, I'd still rather give her some time to catch her breath. That leaves BW, who I feel tends to last until endgame.

POE says BW for lynch.
    Well, that's a nice explanation. You are still missing a crucial point: Book has done something to give him some significant town points. Especially on combination with gacs read on things.

Also, I'm definitely not trying to be a Town leader here. I'm telling you (and by extension, everyone else) my point of view.
    And that's simple. I am reasonably confident I've figured out what Gac and Book are doing here. I agree with them. I don't expect everyone to get it and I don't think not getting it is enough reason to lock someone as wolf, but it's enough to look unfavorable on any tunnel on them.

Could this be a wolf ploy? Sure, nothing is impossible. But right now, you have two people publicly declaring their strong trust in one player, who seems to understand why they to this. Unless you want to suggest we are all wolves who decided to draw that much attention, you should consider the chance of us being right.

Regarding the reasons for trusting Book: Sure. Gac was vague and I'm probably even worse. But you should know the value of not explaining everything immediately so more players have a chance to chime in.

If gac asks me to explain my point of view, I'm willing to comply. I don't think he will need the additional town points for an explanation, cause he made the point first. Right now, I could be a wolf who has no idea what's going on here, pretending otherwise. So me explaining things would be better for my own position, but I'm still not going to do this unless I'm asked by someone I trust.
    Until then, I'll stick to my position of vagueness.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that's a nice explanation. You are still missing a crucial point: Book has done something to give him some significant town points. Especially on combination with gacs read on things.

Also, I'm definitely not trying to be a Town leader here. I'm telling you (and by extension, everyone else) my point of view.
    And that's simple. I am reasonably confident I've figured out what Gac and Book are doing here. I agree with them. I don't expect everyone to get it and I don't think not getting it is enough reason to lock someone as wolf, but it's enough to look unfavorable on any tunnel on them.

Could this be a wolf ploy? Sure, nothing is impossible. But right now, you have two people publicly declaring their strong trust in one player, who seems to understand why they to this. Unless you want to suggest we are all wolves who decided to draw that much attention, you should consider the chance of us being right.

Regarding the reasons for trusting Book: Sure. Gac was vague and I'm probably even worse. But you should know the value of not explaining everything immediately so more players have a chance to chime in.

If gac asks me to explain my point of view, I'm willing to comply. I don't think he will need the additional town points for an explanation, cause he made the point first. Right now, I could be a wolf who has no idea what's going on here, pretending otherwise. So me explaining things would be better for my own position, but I'm still not going to do this unless I'm asked by someone I trust.
    Until then, I'll stick to my position of vagueness.
    To be fair, there are only like 2 or 3 players that I would care if they missed it. It's easy to miss. Especially if you are new. However by now those 2 or 3 people should have caught on. Again because I've seen them do a similar stunt.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

If all this stupid ****ing fuss is about the text color I swear to god

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Also since I brought it up first, I was actually hoping someone other than me or book could explain it. Basically giving us 3 solid town leans. Hopefully that can be Rogan, but I would prefer book be the one to make the request.

- - - Updated - - -

If all this stupid ****ing fuss is about the text color I swear to god
    It's not. I still don't (though maybe I should) pay any attention to the text color and codes put in that.

6. - Top - End - #126

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    To be fair, there are only like 2 or 3 players that I would care if they missed it. It's easy to miss. Especially if you are new. However by now those 2 or 3 people should have caught on. Again because I've seen them do a similar stunt.
    I was significantly ninjaed in my post, but I tend to agree. AV is much more likely to understand than anybody else. I can confirm I've seen AV use a very similar move before.

Do you agree that if one of us three should explain things, it should be me?
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Morning. Enough content that I can start properly digging into it now. Let's see:

- vague gut townleans on Persolus and Rogan

- Murska, elaborate on 3SC please? (Also I was about to wolfread him for switching to a counterwagon to himself before I realised he was switching away from the other counterwagon to himself. In that case maybe thinnest of town points? Xumtiil wagon probably had more of a case behind it/was easier to push)

- Visor, when you say "Xumtiil seems fine for D1" do you mean "Xumtiil seems towny enough to not want dead" or "I'm fine with killing Xumtiil D1"?

- gac... my gut is just screaming "kill gac with fire" but it might just be typical town!gac weirdness so I need to turn that over in my head and try (and fail) to come to a conclusion.

- Mrs McGinty can have tentative town points for retracting their gac non-vote but I still expect answers/explanation before EOD.

- I also have a bad reason to townread AV; incidentally bladescape having one is typical bladescape and very much NAI, but I can see how it would seem towny to someone who doesn't know bladescape, so...

- bladescape, hollowkatt, have you played together before? How well do you know each other?

tl;dr
    Vague townleans: Persolus, Rogan, Mrs McGinty
    Above null if I squint hard enough, but don't trust me on these: Murska, AvatarVecna
    Hovering somewhere below null: gac3, Xumtiil

And everyone else remains null.
    I think Bladescape and I know each other fairly well. Somewhere between 5-15 games together over the years seems right to me.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

I was significantly ninjaed in my post, but I tend to agree. AV is much more likely to understand than anybody else. I can confirm I've seen AV use a very similar move before.

Do you agree that if one of us three should explain things, it should be me?
    Yes. I think that is optimal. Perhaps I drew attention to this prematurely but waiting too long could lead to the claim no longer being relevant.

9. - Top - End - #129

ClericGuy

Also since I brought it up first, I was actually hoping someone other than me or book could explain it. Basically giving us 3 solid town leans. Hopefully that can be Rogan, but I would prefer book be the one to make the request.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. I still don't (though maybe I should) pay any attention to the text color and codes put in that.
    Ninja again. But sure, I'm fine with Book taking the shot.

The text color is to the best of my knowledge just a slight joke, although I did check this at first as well.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. I think that is optimal. Perhaps I drew attention to this prematurely but waiting too long could lead to the claim no longer being relevant.
    I'd rather just get lynched than talk about claims.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd rather just get lynched than talk about claims.
    Claim I guess is the wrong word. Because I have no idea what books roll is. Just to clarify.
    Last edited by gac3; 2022-10-27 at 10:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Sorry if I'm not wanting to lynch a near confirmed townie because everyone else is too new or has meta regarding them dying early. Vote me if you prefer. I certainly have less evidence than Book does going for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I'm confident you aren't town. If I'm wrong, I will apologize profusely later. However, even if you think I'm a moron or wrong about my assumption, if you were town, you (specifically you, AV) would have figured out what I meant. Again, I literally learned this from you not that long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll let book decide when to reveal their trick. Newer people won't get it either way probably.
    Any trick Book can intentionally do is a trick they can fake. Counterpointed.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Interesting you say that. As you are the other person I've seen use this trick. And firm, disagree.

14. - Top - End - #134

Also all the uncommon faces around here I've played with a lot, except Cazero

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Again though, even if I was wrong and this is a viable wolf trick (which it isn't), I still believe AV would understand what I was talking about if town. Even if their response was "I see what you are saying and you are reading too much into this"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Claim I guess is the wrong word. Because I have no idea what books roll is. Just to clarify.
    Yet you're very confident the wombat is safe because of something they said when they could easily have been faking whatever it is.

- - - Updated - - -

And I got ninja'ed hard.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Thought for a second I'd found a weird thing but it was just Xumtiil.

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Yet you're very confident the wombat is safe because of something they said when they could easily have been faking whatever it is.

- - - Updated - - -

And I got ninja'ed hard.
    Disagree. Very hard thing to fake. Hence why it's such a solid hint for a townie to drop. Whatever. Unless you intend to vote for me or Book decides Rogan can reveal it, it's probably more productive to focus more on actually voting than whether or not Gac3 is tunneling AV/being tricked by a wolf. I'm not even trying to convince anyone to vote a certain ways just expressing my belief that Book is probably lock town and AV is probably not town.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no point holding up discussion over a vague bit of evidence I'm not willing to reveal without permission. So if you think I'm behaving suspiciously, please vote me. Otherwise I feel like I'm just bogging down conversation.

19. - Top - End - #139

Interesting you say that. As you are the other person I've seen use this trick. And firm, disagree.
    Especially if AV and me have visibly used this for townreads (which would be weird because I still got no clue what we're talking about and I just spent 20 minutes on the 3 Book posts before you claim they're towny and saw literally zilch that I'd use to read Book.) I would be skeptical of trusting it so hard.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

FoS on MMG.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-27 at 10:46 AM.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Post Re: Candy-Coated Werewolf

Can we... please not talk about the Thing any more? It's basically completely subverting the point of the game and shouldn't really be something that wolves have to play around.

Just pretend it doesn't exist and move on and hunt wolves elsewhere. Please.

- - - Updated - - -

FoS on MMG.
    Elaborate, please?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #142

There's literally only one thing I can think of which is hilarious to me because it implies something that would ruin Gac's assumption anyway and I find flimsy at best.

That being said I'm near certain Gac is town because I doubt he'd do this vague dig heels in as wolf? I'd be surprised if he did at least.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify Rogan does not get the same town points for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Again though, even if I was wrong and this is a viable wolf trick (which it isn't), I still believe AV would understand what I was talking about if town. Even if their response was "I see what you are saying and you are reading too much into this"
    I don't believe this is a fair conjecture.

No matter how skilled people are not infallible.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally any read on "if you were town you'd see x" is a read I will inherently disagree on.

Because sometimes you're tired. Or multitasking. Or just don't care. Especially as AV typically doesn't put effort into d1 much

23. - Top - End - #143

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And I got ninja'ed hard.
    Book might have faked it, sure. But it's not trivial. He also reacted in a way I would expect town!book to do. And, third, I agree with Gac that Books move is totally in character for his town game but feels off for his wolf game.

Now, you don't need to understand what we are talking about. It will be explained one way or the other.
    What would be interesting is your opinion on the surrounding. Do you think gac was tricked? Do you think he is a wolf who KNOWS Book isn't in his team?
    What's my role in this whole mess?
    What about AV?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: BW posts
    Show
    [QUOTE=Book Wombat;25618173]The Number One [S][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]gac3[/B][/COLOR][/S]![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Book Wombat;25618479][B][COLOR="CandyCoated"]Who's been naughty and who's been—wait wrong time.
    Uh, Time to Trick and Treat![/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Book Wombat;25619107][COLOR="CandyCoated"][B]Wait, that's allowed? Now I'm tempted to vote for "all threats to town".[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Book Wombat;25619482][COLOR="CandyCoated"][B][I]*gasp*[/I]
    Wombat steak? How could you?![/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

There's nothing here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Elaborate, please?
    Maybe later.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #145
    Barbarian in the Playground

The colour code is just because I wanted a festive colour, and CandyCoated fit quite well. Also reminiscent of blood.
    If Rogan wants to reveal the trick, I have nothing against it.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

That being said I'm near certain Gac is town because I doubt he'd do this vague dig heels in as wolf? I'd be surprised if he did at least.
    I think it's actually NAI for gac, but I'm gonna townread him anyway.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Book might have faked it, sure. But it's not trivial.
    You're gonna have to explain the not trivial part, probably along the trick, if you want me to believe it.
    Seriously. This is forum based. Lies are cheap and easy.

Now if you were to say it would be out of character for book to fake it, like you seem to be doing in the rest of your post, I guess I'd have to take your word for it.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    The colour code is just because I wanted a festive colour, and CandyCoated fit quite well. Also reminiscent of blood.
    If Rogan wants to reveal the trick, I have nothing against it.
    BW until this is cleared up. Hope you don't mind me going with a fun, cherry flavored color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Book might have faked it, sure. But it's not trivial. He also reacted in a way I would expect town!book to do. And, third, I agree with Gac that Books move is totally in character for his town game but feels off for his wolf game.
    What wolf game? BW is like never wolf. He even keeps a good enough record to prove it: he's been wolf twice, SK once, and was culted to wolfteam in one game. That's out of 25 games played. Regardless of who was claiming what, anybody who claims they have a handle on how BW plays wolf based off two and a half real wolf games should have the accuracy of that read questioned.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Current Votecount

Gac 1: Cultist
    Flat 3: Xumtiil, Murska, Visor
    Xumtiil 2: Snow, Hollowkatt
    Snow 1: Cazero
    AV 2: Gac, Wombat
    Cuthalion 1: Persolus
    Wombat 2: AV, Flat
    Cultist 1: Cuthalion
    "all except ff, Murska, hk, Rogan, sb, Persolus" 1: McGinty
    "A wolf" 1: Rogan
    Hollowkatt 1: Bladescape

There are 24 hours left in Day 1
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2022-10-27 at 03:37 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.