New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Candy-Coated Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    The colour code is just because I wanted a festive colour, and CandyCoated fit quite well. Also reminiscent of blood.
    If Rogan wants to reveal the trick, I have nothing against it.
    Maybe Rogan should. That way we can move on from it. Even if they still don't agree after the fact.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    flat_footed

you stand accused of the heinous crime of not supporting the la rams, how do you plead?
    Is that an XFL team? Sorry, I only watch the NFL and root for the 49ers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: Candy-Coated Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    There's literally only one thing I can think of which is hilarious to me because it implies something that would ruin Gac's assumption anyway and I find flimsy at best.

That being said I'm near certain Gac is town because I doubt he'd do this vague dig heels in as wolf? I'd be surprised if he did at least.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify Rogan does not get the same town points for this.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe this is a fair conjecture.

No matter how skilled people are not infallible.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally any read on "if you were town you'd see x" is a read I will inherently disagree on.

Because sometimes you're tired. Or multitasking. Or just don't care. Especially as AV typically doesn't put effort into d1 much
    All valid points that probably would have talked me into backing off initially. But there is no way AV is as freaked out as they are acting and not putting full effort into looking at the three posts. Once again, even if they thought I was reading to much into it, I'd be shocked if town AV didn't get what I was referencing by this point.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

3SC: Persolus townlean is pretty much "he did some decent-sounding analysis and is new enough that that's enough for me to give him town points on D1".

Murska thing is what I mentioned earlier, which is basically: he switched his vote from one counterwagon to himself to the other, but he switched to the one that has less of a case behind it which makes it less likely that a counterwagon to him will gain momentum"... now I'm writing it down it feels even weaker than originally but still.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

I have more reads, but at work and will chime in later. For the time being, I'll say that it's pretty frustrating to see the game narrow around discussion of 'a thing' that some people seem to know but won't confirm and being assured by so-called better players that we should trust that people are town because of it.

Put me on BW as well, until this is resolved.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-10-28 at 09:14 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Wait, that's allowed? Now I'm tempted to vote for "all threats to town".
    Please also see the edit of his post.

The victory condition for town is:
    You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

So Book mentioned the victory condition in a very deliberate way.
    Gac noticed, so he knows the victory condition.
    AV usually is very observant about those details and used the spelling of the condition as evidence before.

Conclusion: Book and Gac are town.
    Wolf!AV couldn't get this, so it points against her to some degree.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    3SC: Persolus townlean is pretty much "he did some decent-sounding analysis and is new enough that that's enough for me to give him town points on D1".

Murska thing is what I mentioned earlier, which is basically: he switched his vote from one counterwagon to himself to the other, but he switched to the one that has less of a case behind it which makes it less likely that a counterwagon to him will gain momentum"... now I'm writing it down it feels even weaker than originally but still.
    Fair enough on both counts, I suppose. I wonder if Persolus' towncred would apply to me as well, but I guess that might have to wait for the denouement on this whole tangle.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    I have more reads, but at work and will chime in later. For the time being, I'll say that it's pretty frustrating to see the game narrow around discussion of 'a thing' that some people seem to know but won't confirm and being assured by so-called better players that we should trust that people are town because of it.

Put me on BW as well, until this is resolved.
    I have a fair bit of confusion as to why these "until this is resolved" votes are going on Book and not me.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

AV usually is very observant about those details and used the spelling of the condition as evidence before.

That is... not the ironclad proof you think it is. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I have a fair bit of confusion as to why these "until this is resolved" votes are going on Book and not me.
    No comment for now.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

That is... not the ironclad proof you think it is. Sorry.
    It's not ironclad proof against AV by any means but it is pretty solid proof for Book.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Well, good enough for me.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

If we lynch you and you're town, that tells us jack diddly squat about BW's alignment since you could've just been misclearing them. But if we lynch BW and they're town, that gives you major town points for defending them this hard. I don't think scum!gac would defend them this hard.

BW is clear. I refuse to give Rogan towncred for pointing it out, though; it's just as easy for a wolf to try and get towncred by admitting to seeing it as it is for a wolf to pretend not to see it and try for an easy mislynch.

Mrs. McGinty.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-28 at 05:32 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #163

It would be a pity if "All threats to town" is a common phrase for victory conditions.

But also I do agree with the "Gac is town" conclusion.

And yes this was the hilariously flimsy reason I suspected in my last post. Going to re-iterate what I said in Afterlife though, and say using text from role-pms as evidence is honestly not something I like at all, and in the spirit of the game any sort of copying or using text from role-pms is meh.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

14. - Top - End - #164

ClericGuy

It's not ironclad proof against AV by any means but it is pretty solid proof for Book.
    I agree on both counts.
    It's simple, the victory condition of town wasn't made public as far as I know. It's literally impossible for a wolf to fake this without the risk of being wrong. And both Book and gac have been very clear about their stance.
    If there is a wolf among them or they are a team, that's a huge risk. I'm willing to trust them.

Also, AV you played with Book in a wolf game. You mentioned yourself he was even more quiet than usual. You were evil yourself, if I recall correctly.

In conclusion:

- - - Updated - - -

It would be a pity if "All threats to town" is a common phrase for victory conditions.
    It's specifically THE town.
    See the edit.

Without this detail, it could be coincidence. With it, it's very clear for me.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2022-10-28 at 10:54 AM. Reason: b to s

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Also, AV you played with Book in a wolf game. You mentioned yourself he was even more quiet than usual. You were evil yourself, if I recall correctly.
    That I happened to be correct doesn't change the fact that you have zero ****ing basis for making any claims for understanding their wolf game when they don't have a wolfgame meta yet.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: about the Thing
    Show

So, yeah. I don't think the Thing should ever have been used. This is a game of figuring out who the wolves are because of what they post, what stances they take, who they attack and defend.

Not of "X is town because they know the secret message town knows and wolves don't". Taking that to its logical conclusion makes for a very boring game which wolves stand zero chance of winning.

But... I can't just pretend that none of this happened, that it doesn't tell me anything about gac's alignment or Wombat's.

Actually, no, there are worlds where Taffimai just gave wolves town's win condition for fakeclaiming purposes and this was all a crazy gambit on Wombat's behalf. I don't know whether I really believe that or whether I'm just using it as a way to pretend thus entire thing is NAI for all involved.

Except... I can't actually do that. Because if this whole thing hadn't happened I'd still be suspecting gac. And when I think about voting gac I realise I can't, because they're probably town, because of the Thing.

So... yeah. I think I just have to accept that this makes gac and Wombat not people we should consider killing any time soon, and just try to move on, hunt wolves, forget about everything else relating to this.

And we are not killing AV because of this, on principle as much as because I don't think it makes them a wolf.

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

But also I do agree with the "Gac is town" conclusion.

And yes this was the hilariously flimsy reason I suspected in my last post. Going to re-iterate what I said in Afterlife though, and say using text from role-pms as evidence is honestly not something I like at all, and in the spirit of the game any sort of copying or using text from role-pms is meh.
    You seriously used that trick against me two games ago. Or town did collectively. AV very specifically did in as many words. It was nonsense then though because it was based off information town thought wolves didn't know but in actuality everyone knew and I just didn't realize town thought wolves wouldn't. Because I knew that info going into the game. I'm giving book credit because that wording stood out to me as odd when I read my role. I can't remember the last time that wording was used in town PM and then someone who frequently drops hints in opening posts puts the specific wording in? Absolutely going to give them credit. And that's why I said "AV might think I'm stupid, but AV would pick up what I meant." Maybe I overestimated AV but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    If we lynch you and you're town, that tells us jack diddly squat about BW's alignment since you could've just been misclearing them. But if we lynch BW and they're town, that gives you major town points for defending them this hard. I don't think scum!gac would defend them this hard.

BW is clear. I refuse to give Rogan towncred for pointing it out, though; it's just as easy for a wolf to try and get towncred by admitting to seeing it as it is for a wolf to pretend not to see it and try for an easy mislynch.

Mrs. McGinty.
    Except the whole thing only works if we work under the assumption wolves weren't given the town win condition verbatum. So as far as I'm concerned Rogan is either town or there's no reason to clear book.

Any reason for your new vote?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

I agree on both counts.
    It's simple, the victory condition of town wasn't made public as far as I know. It's literally impossible for a wolf to fake this without the risk of being wrong. And both Book and gac have been very clear about their stance.
    If there is a wolf among them or they are a team, that's a huge risk. I'm willing to trust them.

In conclusion:
    Sure, it's literally impossible to fake without the risk of being wrong. It's also literally impossible for me to go onto a roof without the risk of falling to my death. That doesn't mean every time I go on a roof I'm automatically at risk of dying.

Pointed out now, I see what you're saying. It's more likely that BW is town than a wolf. But it's also possible that 'all threats to town' was a careful guess extrapolated in wolf chat based on the wolf's victory condition.

But to take this in a different direction: I would not vote AV for this. It's equally possible that she didn't see the trick, or that she didn't think that the trick was the proof you seem to claim that it is. Book being town does not make AV a wolf, or even the best wolf candidate today.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Thought for a second I'd found a weird thing but it was just Xumtiil.
    Notice me senpai!

I have to admit I missed Book's reference. He's so decisively null in most games that I tend to default to it until a day or two have passed.

Also, sudden flurry of activity woo - going to need a while to wrap my head around all the text and vote movements. Will update again in a few hours with my thoughts.
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Show

So, yeah. I don't think the Thing should ever have been used. This is a game of figuring out who the wolves are because of what they post, what stances they take, who they attack and defend.

Not of "X is town because they know the secret message town knows and wolves don't". Taking that to its logical conclusion makes for a very boring game which wolves stand zero chance of winning.

But... I can't just pretend that none of this happened, that it doesn't tell me anything about gac's alignment or Wombat's.

Actually, no, there are worlds where Taffimai just gave wolves town's win condition for fakeclaiming purposes and this was all a crazy gambit on Wombat's behalf. I don't know whether I really believe that or whether I'm just using it as a way to pretend thus entire thing is NAI for all involved.

Except... I can't actually do that. Because if this whole thing hadn't happened I'd still be suspecting gac. And when I think about voting gac I realise I can't, because they're probably town, because of the Thing.

So... yeah. I think I just have to accept that this makes gac and Wombat not people we should consider killing any time soon, and just try to move on, hunt wolves, forget about everything else relating to this.

And we are not killing AV because of this, on principle as much as because I don't think it makes them a wolf.
    I agree with snow on this 100%, suspected pocketing be damned.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Any reason for your new vote?
    Why am I voting a person I've declared suspicion on? Gee that's a real stumper.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to need to try and do some re-reads on people. Back in a few hours with more thoughts!

Edit: Damn it, that was supposed to go with the first one but I keep getting ninja'd.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-10-27 at 11:25 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Ugh. Where were you to defend the thing two games ago. Whatever.

24. - Top - End - #174

ClericGuy

That I happened to be correct doesn't change the fact that you have zero ****ing basis for making any claims for understanding their wolf game when they don't have a wolfgame meta yet.
    I had a wolf game with him. No, two.
    From both of them, I remember him to be exceptionally quiet unless prodded.
    It might not be the best database, but I don't care. It's not my whole point, it's supporting evidence.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Fair enough on both counts, I suppose. I wonder if Persolus' towncred would apply to me as well, but I guess that might have to wait for the denouement on this whole tangle.
    You can't get easy towncred by asking for it ;)

(I will let you know once I've actually read through your analysis beyond "hey, this contains questions for me, I should answer them".)

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I had a wolf game with him. No, two.
    From both of them, I remember him to be exceptionally quiet unless prodded.
    It might not be the best database, but I don't care. It's not my whole point, it's supporting evidence.
    Calling it evidence at all is dishonest. You've got two and a half data points, that hasn't graduated beyond coincidence. Until they've got a few more under their belt, how they play wolf is still pretty in flux.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #177

ClericGuy

Calling it evidence at all is dishonest. You've got two and a half data points, that hasn't graduated beyond coincidence. Until they've got a few more under their belt, how they play wolf is still pretty in flux.
    I've got the impression you are trying to derail the discussion by cherry picking.
    I refuse to go on with this point.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

I've got the impression you are trying to derail the discussion by cherry picking.
    I refuse to go on with this point.
    It might make me look scummier, but I'm not gonna let a bad argument just go by unchallenged.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I just also want to point out there's a nonzero chance that not!town does not equal wolf. There could be neutrals, who also wouldn't know town's exact wincon.
    Not claiming that AV is either since I know I'm town and I completely missed it, but there you are.

My reads so far:
    Gac - Town or ballsy wolfplay
    AV - Kinda sus, but not necessarily scum
    Wombat - See Gac
    Snow - Being her usual inquisitive self. NAI.
    Xumtiil - Beetlejuice.
    Cazero - New to me, towny nullish
    Cultist - Only saw him in one game before which was a right mess. Towny null-ish so far.
    Rogan - He caught the hint, which makes him likely town or the luckiest wolf.
    Visor - Even though he's voting flat with me, could be an attempt to pocket me. Also, LA Rams. I don't do sports, so hard pass.
    Hollowkatt - Interestingly I can't remember most of their posts without looking at them. Could be a very good wolf tactic, being present without offering content.
    Mrs McGinty - Trying to engage? Many questions asked by and to, some not answered. Nullsus.
    Cuthalion - Are they playing? Did they post? Can't remember. Sus.
    Bladescape - Always a wolf until I see the corpse. And even then I'm not always convinced.
    Persolus - See Cultist.
    Murska - Voted for me, which I don't like. Understand why, which I do like. Nullish town, to spice things up a little.
    Flat - Do you want a banana?
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, minor wolflean on Persolus for below quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    Well, the issue with that is everyone is a threat to the town, if they play well/poorly enough.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .