New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Belkar on Serini's Butt

"I'd like to point out that you had plenty of opportunity to tell him not to do that" he said to Serini, as if this is a proof of her secret support. But, none of other people in that room, including the paladins who supposed to be moral paragons, also didn't say anything to stop Belkar. Was that some hidden knowledge only known by halflings? If no, why do Belkar acted like that?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Belkar on Serini's Butt

Serini is the only one he could reasonably assume to know her own mimics well enough to able to tell that he is very much not in helpful ranger doing helpful ranger things mode. (I mean, what's a paladin supposed to know about calming a slightly agitated but not actively hostile mimic?)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Plus Belkar has proven himself quite effective in the ranger department previously, considering both Mr Scruffy and Bloodfeast the Extreminator. He actually does know how to work with animals and beasts when he puts his proto-mind to it, so at this point it legitimately would be hard to tell whether he's being serious or trolling unless you knew extra details about the creature in question.

Nowhere in the monster manual does it say that mimics only emit the adhesive when stressed, if anything the manual implies they have full control over when they utilize it. Therefore it really would require knowledge as specific and in-depth as Serini's to contradict Belkar here.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

4. - Top - End - #4

Kobold

Also, Belkar is a bad ranger, but is just pranking Durkon.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I had a brief moment, as I read the title, where I thought that this thread was going to include a Harold and Maude reference but thankfully that isn't what this thread is about.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    I had a brief moment, as I read the title, where I thought that this thread was going to include a Harold and Maude reference but thankfully that isn't what this thread is about.
    I had the same reaction when Serini asked Belkar if he wanted to "get his beak wet" which i thought was her propositioning him but apparently just means she is offering him money to betray the Order.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    apparently just means she is offering him money to betray the Order.
    You need to watch more gangster movies, see?