New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

I approve these numbers. In fact, given the land-shifting and the projection of Bella Collina's expansion, I'll up that lamb for 10gc. So you may enjoy 16gc and 10s.

And now... the final chapter.

Of part 1.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Rough notepad math:

150 - construction
    30 - rent
    11 more ewes - 22gp - assuming no discount via haggle
    25 pigs - 75gc assuming no discount via haggle

277 gc total

Has 245gc
    Spend 225gc,
    Borrow 60gc from the bank.
    - 275gc

= has 28gc left over
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-02-04 at 05:55 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

It's a seller's market right now, but I'll let you roll! But they're Hard Haggle rolls (-20%) for livestock this time around. I'll let you use your FP for haggling separately for those you're using for crafting in this downtime slot.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So I've got 3 FP's to roll to blow for live stock trading and 3 to blow for gun making?

Both things are over the course of a couple of months, and we're going by FP-refresh-a-day. You know how hit and miss my forum roller luck is so you know I'll be throwing lots of FP at the problem lol so it's useful to set the ground rules.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yeah. FP's aren't really designed for 'downtime' use, so it's a jury-rig either way. But I'm compensating for that a little by causing you to roll more than once in batches. It's... a little silly to have a craftsman who every day does a little work on something and burns three fate points making it awesome, for example. But having your full compliment of FP for a few rolls to represent all the work you're doing in that period feels closer to fair, to me. Same with haggling - it's not like you're desperate to buy all your livestock at one specific encounter, so you'd get some chances to try and fail to haggle over time... So asking for two rolls, sheep and pigs respectively, and letting you have your full FP compliment for those too is fine to me.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Righteo, let's try first sheep and pig lot.

Buying 11 Ewes: (1d100)[80] vs TN 64
    Buying 25 pigs (2 boards 23 sows): (1d100)[37] vs TN 64

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fate point for the sheep:

Buying 11 ewes: (1d100)[54] vs TN 64

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, what's the result Mr GM?

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

*Squints*... What am I missing, why is the TN for the haggle 64? Your Fellowship is 39, right?

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Nope, that's her will.

SHe's got 44 Fel + +10% haggle + +10% haggle (Dealmaker talent) = TN 64.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ohhh I missed the -20% Haggle for livestock in your post.

Second fate point.

Ewes Haggle Roll: (1d100)[19] vs TN 44.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Oh, because I'm looking at the sheet back in the early post in the threat (here).

I see! Well...That is... Going to entitle you to a 10% discount on both purchases.

And it will disentitle you to be angry about your rolls for at least one disaster.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-02-04 at 07:00 AM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah I repose her sheet every few pages to keep it close to the top, so to speak.

This was the most recent on page 21.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    And it will disentitle you to be angry about your rolls for at least one disaster.

Oh my sweet MrAbdiel, you know nothing will clear that up :p.

I'll post tonight. Just in a Thorim GDKP Hard Mode atm.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

150 - construction
    30 - rent
    11 more ewes - 19.8gp - assuming no discount via haggle
    25 pigs - 67.5gc assuming no discount via haggle

267.3 gc total

Has 245gc
    Spend 225gc,
    Borrow 60gc from the bank.
    - 275gc

= has 37.7gc left over

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Now let's make rolls for the Blunderbuss parts:

1. Lock - (1d100)[7] vs TN 42

2. Stock - (1d100)[8] vs TN 42

3. Barrel - (1d100)[73] vs TN 42

Guy Ritchie would be proud!

Need to work on that barrel a bit more though...
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-02-04 at 08:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fate Point:

3. Barrel - (1d100)[9] vs TN 42

Nice. The dice have spoken. She's made a nice shoota. With her skill level it's impossible to make a 'Good' quality gun, but her rolls definitely show justification for taking Trade (Gunsmith) again for the +10%. Thus, Leonardo was made:

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-02-04 at 09:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well, damn. Look at that.

... Well. Strictly speaking, using the rules I am cribbing off, one does not get a bonus to skill for having assistance, it just shortens the timeframe. But I'm not using hard timeframes, and you're the apprentice... I'm trying to imagine a way I can justify pumping it up to good...

Nnnnah I'll stick to my guns (lol). Still, as a first creation, it's very fine; on the upper end of normal quality, awaiting you gaining some more Int and some more skill ups. To be clear, one cannot purchase the +10 and +20 inside the same career as the initial purchase, but you can definitely move into a new career that offers the base skill. A well trained doctor has their training in medicine from Student, did their residency for +10% as a barber surgeon, then became a physician to complete their studies at a +20%.

But I guess you got a sweet blunderbuss now! You can fabricate shot for your firearms with a little time a bullet mould which is part of Cestié shop and also in a complete gunsmith tools kit. Musketball shooting firearms will have their own bullet moulds fabricated and sold with them. With the gunsmith skill (or even training in firearms) a shooter can make their own ammunition, buying the lead for half the cost of premade shot (3s for 10 shot) and doing so during, say, a lazy evening by the campfire.

Gunpowder is still 3s per shot. You decent relations with a good chemist in Verazzo, so maybe you can work out a bulk deal there; but firearm grade powder isn't something you can manufacture yourself.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I was thinking she'd get Trade (Gunsmith) +10% when she moved into Militiaman.

Her other Trade (Any) in Tradesman will probably go to Apothecary.

Making her own ammo is something she'd definitely enjoy doing, because it's both fun and saving money ^_^.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I was thinking she'd get Trade (Gunsmith) +10% when she moved into Militiaman.

Her other Trade (Any) in Tradesman will probably go to Apothecary.

Making her own ammo is something she'd definitely enjoy doing, because it's both fun and saving money ^_^.
    Nothing's more fun than saving money!

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry about a shorter IC post. I was posting while finishing a 25 man Ulduar with the guild.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Dun dun DUN.

And now, for some interesting moral decisions.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I knew it!

As soon as I read 'assurance of skill', I knew what was coming!

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I knew it!

As soon as I read 'assurance of skill', I knew what was coming!
    Haha, I knew you would know. That’s why I pushed that scene on instead of teasing it out longer; figured you’d smell a rat and I ought to get you right to it!

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Whoa, he/Taalia have been on the surface for 18 months?

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Close to. Probably like 16 but close to 18. You've had two 6 month cycles of sheep breeding plus the nebulous change in this 6 month 'block', and everything before that!

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Oh, and the skaven 'town' you went to was called Ripsting; not that I noted that in the posts, but you probably picked it up on the long, long, long journey underground.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Omnomnom sadness and trauma

Bed now more tomorrow zzz

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Woo, she is … miffed.

This may be a good time to roll initiative, I feel; as you pull the blunderbus up and it becomes obvious to everyone that the situation is escalating!

Zzz more tomorrow
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-02-06 at 08:39 AM.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I dunno about Initiative yet, she's given the opportunity for de-escalation (not dealing with the traitor), and her aim is at the witch hunter. She can still be spoken down.