New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

You need to never curse this dice roller again. Or atleast not curse it for a while. It's babying you now.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Intimidate roll with all the bonuses from +10 rep trollslaying, to outnumbering her, having a dog and weapons etc: (1d100)[71] vs TN 44 + Bonuses
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-28 at 10:08 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Depending on what you're intimidating her to do, that may succeed or fail; but I'll give you a chance to FP it before I post a response, once I know.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry about the mediocre format, posting from my phone.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

No worries. Well, that's probably a fail on intimidate if I were to call for a roll; you're not trained in it, so you're rolling at -20 to start with. Even with a generous modifier of +40 you'll come in under the margin. But you've made a good offer; and her other options are not better. She doesn't think she can snatch it off you, or fight six of you! So you won't need a reroll...

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Perception check 1: (1d100)[70] vs TN 49
    Perception check 2: (1d100)[86] vs TN 49

Need another post from me, or just the checks? Was still on my phone and off to dinner at my fiances friends, yay.

Babying dice indeed :P.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-29 at 01:18 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Just the rolls will do, for now~ :D Have fun at your dinner, I will add another posty soon but don't feel the need to bang out replies while you're socializing, lol.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Making a Perception Check for the treeline: (1d100)[18]

Making Perception check for the bandit himself: (1d100)[46]

TN is 49 for both.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-29 at 05:13 AM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Look at those rerolls! LOOK AT THEM!

BABY DICE

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well then. I suppose you ought to roll initiative! The Combatants are:

Taalia (and Corvo) 12
    Gaulfredo (and Rocco) (1d10+2)[5]
    Nogrom (1d10+2)[10]
    Ernesto (1d10+3)[9]
    Istuccio (1d10+3)[9]

And the troublemaker boys

Enrico (1d10+3)[10]
    Tesifonte (1d10+3)[4]
    Ansaldo (1d10+3)[4]
    Cremenzio (1d10+3)[5]

And the mutants...

Insolente Aldo (1d10+3)[4]
    Many-Arms (1d10+3)[12]
    Extra Ear (1d10+3)[7]
    Albino (1d10+3)[4]
    Tainted Eye (1d10+3)[9]
    Degenerate (1d10+3)[7]
    Reroll (1d10+3)[6]
    Weasel Face (1d10+3)[4]
    Hooded (1d10+3)[11]
    Belly Mouth (1d10+3)[6]
    Tentacle Fingers (1d10+3)[9]

Distinguishing mutations to come.

You've bought your 'team' time to prepare themselves - to get weapons free, to get off their wagons and horses, and to prepare to fight without being caught unarmed. That'll make a difference!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-29 at 07:38 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Taalia Initiative: (1D10+4)[12]

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She'll get into a Parrying stance, hold action and throw her throwing knife at the nearest mutant when he gets in range.

BS weapon throw: (1d100)[33] vs TN 41
    Damage; (1D10+1)[5]

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bad news: without being trained in throwing weapons, the roll is at -20.

Good news: you might as well aim as they come in, for +10.

Bad news: as a poor quality knife, it's -5% to hit.

So at a net -15% to hit... It's not a big chance. But hey, it's worth a throw, and you lose nothing by trying!

Edit: And it'll be another -20% to whip it at a range when you won't risk being charged immediately after; so I think that's a miss!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-29 at 07:42 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Alrigjr, trying again.

Throw: (1d100)[80] VS Tn 26
    Damage: (1D10+1)[8]

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Nah, nothing.

So quarter staff gives +10 WS to Parry, and she's fighting in parry stance.

Parry: (1d100)[74] TN 59.

*Sigh and face palms*

Any bonuses/negatives for Taalia fighting from an elevated postion in the cart behind the wall of the cart? That'd be some type of cover, yes?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-29 at 07:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

12: Taalia (and Corvo)
    12: Many-Arms (1d10+3)
    11: Hooded (1d10+3)
    10: Nogrom (1d10+2)
    10: Enrico (1d10+3) (10)
    9: Ernesto (1d10+3) (OUT)
    9: Istuccio (1d10+3) (11) (Dazed)
    9: Tentacle Fingers (1d10+3) (13) (FLEEING)
    9: Tainted Eye (1d10+3) (7)
    7: Extra Ear (1d10+3)
    7: Degenerate (1d10+3) (10)
    6: Belly Mouth (1d10+3) (OUT)
    6: Headless (1d10+3) (OUT)
    5: Cremenzio (1d10+3)
    5: Gaulfredo (and Rocco) (1d10+2)
    4: Tesifonte (1d10+3)
    4: Ansaldo (1d10+3)
    4: Insolente Aldo (1d10+3)
    4: Albino (1d10+3)
    4: Weasel Face (1d10+3)

What a spread. I'll give you the throw for free. Let me set the scene, then you go first!

Edit: Well, they're going to be charging in toward you. I guess the question is: How do you want to spend your first turn? If you charge THEM on the way in, your target is denied +10 to hit you, and you get +10 on your attach; but you'd have no parry that turn.

If you want a parry, all you can do is brace for impact, taking a parry stance. They'll charge, but you'll get to parry - I'll mulligan that parry roll you just did because the scene's not clear yet.

Alternatively, you can take a Full Defense. No free parry; but you'll give the enem/ies who attack you -20% WS on their subsequent attacks, which will more than cancel their charge bonus. You can decide, but I'll post first.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-29 at 06:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ahh yes, of course, good, ignore my prior **** parry roll, that was for an irrelevant round anyway . Splendid news, jolly good.

Chances are I have to go to bed before you reply, so Ill reply tomorrow morning.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

There you go! I have posted. You rolled good perception, so here's a little extra information.

The way people are bunching up, the combat is becoming a few seperate brawls.

You and Gaulfredo against Belly Mouth, and Headless. (2vs2)

The four troublemaker boys against Degenerate, Tentacle fingers, Hooded. (4vs3)

Nogrom facing off against Insolente Aldo. (1vs1)

At the far end of the line, Ernesto and Istuccio face off against the extras trying to get around behind - Extra Ear, Albino, Weasel Face, and Many Arms. (2vs4)

Tainted Eye, for some reason, does not engage - he just watches from about 12 yards back, nearest to the troublemaker boy's combat.

They have superior numbers, and weird mutations that might be helpful in some cases. But all their weapons are poor quality - that's -5% to hit, so they're rolling against lower averages.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-29 at 08:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Attack against Bellyman: (1d100)[52] vs TN 59
    Damage: (1D10+4)[12]

Have to spend a Fate Point to allow a half-action to get into Parry Stance.

Unless you want to be merciful and state beforehand whether 12 wounds (assuming 10 after toughness reduction) is enough to drop Bellyman .
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-29 at 04:13 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

It is not enough, but it's a fine start!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Charging and spending Fate Point for parry stance, in that case.

*Cries as parting with last Fate Point*

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Round 2! The combat dynamics could chance pretty signficantly with one or more people going down, so I'll stick us with 1 turn per turn for now. But you're up!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'll try the all-out attack.

To hit: (1d100)[56] vs TN 69
    Damage: (1D10+4)[6]

Not the greatest damage roll, but hopefully enough.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-29 at 05:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I'll try the all-out attack.

To hit: [roll0] vs TN 69
    Damage: [roll1]

Not the greatest damage roll, but hopefully enough.
    We'll see! Roll me a spare d100 with it, if you please!

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spare D100: (1D100)[32]

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Or did you mean D10 for crit table?

Spare D10: (1D10)[1]

(just in case)

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Or did you mean D10 for crit table?

Spare D10: [roll0]

(just in case)
    I meant d100 for the crit table! It's a d100 table. You roll a d100, and compare it to the column based on the wounds past 0 you've done. In your case, it was a +3 Crit, and it came out with your roll as a Severity 7 crit on the table - internal bleeding, 20% chance of death each round. Gaulfredo took the opening to finish him off.

Edit: I mean, it's a roll d100 but all the results are in lots of 10 so it might as well be a d10, but I like doing it by the book. I might, for example, want to impose a +5 result to the crit roll, which would kick up a 66 to a 71, but a 64 only to 69.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-29 at 05:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ahh, splendid! Glad I misinterpreted then as that's a much better result haha.

I'll go for another all-out attack on Headless woman: (1d100)[30] vs TN 79
    Damage: (1D10+4)[7]

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

A decent blow, and enough to make her notice she's losing a fight 3 to 1, and to try her luck running. Her luck was bad! You're up!

Incidentally, the enemy, and your allies, have both rolled 10's for damage twice this fight, but neither can bloody confirm anything!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-29 at 06:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Taalia will charge the melee with the red-headed brothers. She'll hopefully charge one from behind or in the flank, given their attention is on the brothers. If that gives bonuses, hooray.

To hit: (1d100)[18] vs TN 59
    Damage: (1D10+4)[10]

This'll probably be my last post for a while, as the fiance has about finished getting ready and we're heading off to a brewery lol.

Edit: Maybe the Albino guy is closest, his back or flank turned to Taalia?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-29 at 06:30 PM.