New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

Search: (1d100)[21] vs TN 49

Also...loot the bodies!
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Indeed you shall; but also, you need to decide what to do with Bertuccio/"Bertuccio"! Nogrom definately wants to kill him. Gaulfredo is likely to back you, though.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'll post once more tonight, but it'll be restraints and off to Bella Collina jail/holding.

She's thinking he was hypnotised by the evil eye dude.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

An interesting theory!

You can make an OOC series of heal rolls, though, for...

Nogrom (Lightly Wounded - Normal Roll, 1d10 wounds)

Tesifonte (Lightly Wounded - Normal Roll)
    Enrico (Heavilly Wounded! - Normal Roll, 2 Wounds)

Istuccio (Heavilly Wounded - Normal Roll, 2 Wounds)
    (Also for Istuccio - a Diagnosis roll, +20 Heal, but no surgery bonus)

Ernesto (Heavilly Wounded - Normal Roll, 2 Wounds)
    (Also for Istuccio - a Diagnosis roll, +20 Heal, but no surgery bonus)

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Nogram: (1d100)[40] vs TB 59

Tesifonte: (1d100)[52] vs TB 59

Enrico: (1d100)[7] vs TB 59

Istuccio: (1d100)[63] vs TB 59

Istuccio Diagnosis: (1d100)[47] vs TN 69

Ernesto: (1d100)[89] vs TB 59
    Ernesto Diagnosis: (1d100)[7] vs TN 69

Ill let you roll the d10s for the lightly wounded recovery.

She could heal mpst, but unfortunately a couple were beyond her novice skills.

But they're stabilised and she can try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-30 at 06:51 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Loot acquired! tomorrow, I'll post your arrival in Paesa di Silo, and we'll do some rolls to see how well your goods go - as well as handling this extra cargo you've picked up.

Edit: I've made the assumption that you're okay with the general plan of going on to Paesa di Silo, rather than turning the station wagon around and going home. Everyone still needs to sell their wares; perhaps especially the red hair brothers. Let me know if that's not your intention!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-30 at 08:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Basically yeah. The slightly larger village will have the meams to hold Bert until his ID can be confirmed, house the injured and provide sale of goods for all involved.

Oh yeah, didn't the mutants have a spear?

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

One of them did; a poor quality one, like all their daggers and hand weapons. A broom handle with a broken knife blade tied to the end.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A Poor quality spear? 5gc hah.

Taalia will:

- Medically check on the boys to make sure they're stable and okay.

- Check with the local authority/roadwardens, in regards to their fallen Roadwarden, and any potential bounty for bandits/mutants/both.

- Naturally, go to the saleyards to sell her fleece and 3 rams, one as a good quality the other two, Rack and Chops, for slaughter.

- Snoop out a new 'travel' outfit. Fighting in a peasant womans dress was confining and not too conducive for movement. So she'll piece together a travellers outfit of sturdy boots, pantaloons, shirt, jacket and a backpack.

Something like:
    Spoiler
    Show

Belt - 3sp
    Good quality Riding boots - 180 silver (something like that, these are pricey at 9gc, but she reasons that she'll be using them at least once a week when she goes to market, so good quality walking boots will serve her for a long time if she takes care of them)
    breeches - 15s
    hat - 10s (she'll go for the muffin cap style)
    Short cape - 5s (to give her a little bit of style)
    Gloves - 3gc
    Socks - 26s
    jerkin - 10s
    Doublet - 10s
    Backpack - 30s
    4 pouches - 5s

1 waterskin - 8s.
    1 purse - 2s

307 silver
    15gold and 7 silver.

She'll try to color coordinate, with a preference for green/brown combo, or black/yellow, black/red, blue/white etc.

Naturally she'll try to haggle.

- Scout out transport to Verazzo, probably a coach or something.

- Start thinking of a surname. If she's going to meet a powerful family, or at least their representative, as well as soon rent land with the hope of establishing her own household, she'll need a surname. Her first instinct would to be to adopt Gaulfredo's, but he's already given her her first name. She'd also be tempted to use one of Cestie's ancestors, but that again is "someone elses". She's also tempted to wait until she's married and take her husbands last name, but it's also partly "someone elses", and though fitting in this instance, she'd like a current surname of her own creation and if she ties the knot with someone that'll become her middle name. Something like Giovanni or something.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-30 at 05:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    A Poor quality spear? 5gc hah.
    Lol. The flaw in the system! Lol. Nah, no one except the very desperate would buy poor quality hand weapons or spears when they could buy best quality staves for less! The poor weapons these jerks use are the kind of junk that, if you used longterm as a player, would break and need replacement. I.E., not salable loot. Like Orc choppas. You'll have to graduate to killing professional bandits with regular quality gear before you can Skyrim protocol, ripping all their lootables off them in one magicial tablecloth pull and stacking the corpses suggestively as you go!

Some shopping to do now; Paesa di Silo when I get back.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-30 at 06:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Lol. The flaw in the system! Lol. Nah, no one except the very desperate would buy poor quality hand weapons or spears when they could buy best quality staves for less! The poor weapons these jerks use are the kind of junk that, if you used longterm as a player, would break and need replacement. I.E., not salable loot. Like Orc choppas. You'll have to graduate to killing professional bandits with regular quality gear before you can Skyrim protocol, ripping all their lootables off them in one magicial tablecloth pull and stacking the corpses suggestively as you go!

Or hurl them over the cliff to watch the rag-doll physics bounce them all the way down :p.

I updated her 'shopping' list for a traveling outfit.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Congratulations, you’re a suspect, Harry! That’ll teach you to try to do something good and merciful in the Old World!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

This poor girl just wants to sell her lamb and fleece lol.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She does have something in her favour though;

Still, after tending to the wounds, gathering the fallen items, and putting a torch to the gathered mutant bodies and their clothes to prevent the spread of their putrid contamination - after gathering proof of death of each one, of course - Taalia was one of the last to clamber back into the cart before the bruised and battered convoy continued on to Paesa di Silo.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

She does have something in her favour though;
    Yes, true! I wanted to ask what proof you meant but I didn’t want to spoil the arrest surprise - so feel free to include it in your post what kind of proof you’ve gathered and I’ll add retroactive bonuses to your roll if it’s convincing!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I didn't specify, just a nebulous idea of "proof".

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

A good case, counsellor. I’ll give you a +20 bonus to it, but I will insist on a charm roll.

And watch yourself, McCoy.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Charm: (1d100)[35] TN 42

Had the wrong TN before. This TN is half her Fel + 20.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-30 at 09:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Also, Advancements:

Charm (100)
    Gossip +10 (100)

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Charm: [roll0] TN 42

Had the wrong TN before. This TN is half her Fel + 20.
    What is this long string of successes? This isn’t WFRP at all. This game needs more horror and failure.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    What is this long string of successes? This isn’t WFRP at all. This game needs more horror and failure.
    I get enough of that IRL .

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

The time has come for haggling! Let's get your sheep stuff done, then. You're in the right place to find buyers, so there's no gossip roll or anything like that; but you still have to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereWeLanded
    So, 6gc worth of wool per sheep, 7.5gc on a good roll, 4.5 on a bad one, 3.5 on a terrible one, that's an income spread of 21 to 45gc.
    Make me a Haggle Roll for the fleeces! Having had a night's rest, you have your fate points back.

And then, make me a haggle roll for the lambs. Lambs are pretty popular, so this one is at +20 to hit 2GC per lamb. However, I want an additional Charm roll at +20 to convince someone to recognize the 'Good' Lamb's extra value!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You're going to hate me lol but Im at another fiance functions for NYE lol. Happy New Years btw :).

Does Taslia get +10 from Gaulfredo helping out and +10 for Reputation from trollslaying? I think you mentioned she did.

Haggle fleeces: (1d100)[97] vs TN 64

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Nope. Fate point. She's been through too much to get ripped off now.

Haggle fleeces: (1d100)[33] vs TN 64

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

You're going to hate me lol but Im at another fiance functions for NYE lol. Happy New Years btw :).

Does Taslia get +10 from Gaulfredo helping out and +10 for Reputation from trollslaying? I think you mentioned she did.

Haggle fleeces: [roll0] vs TN 64
    I did say that, didn't I? Hrmm. Well, you'll get the tail end of the troll slaying legend for now, sure; Gaulfredo is helping sell the brothers' oxen, though; so he's not available to give you the assist this time I'm afraid. I suspect you'll want to reroll that, though.

And if it's still a bad roll, you won't be forced to sell today!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

3 degrees of success, good.

Charm: (1d100)[90] vs TB 64
    Lambs haggle roll: (1d100)[66] vs TN 64

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*sigh*

Charm for lambs: (1d100)[63] vs TN 64
    Haggle for lambs: (1d100)[37] vs TN 64

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Right, so passed charm and 3 degrees of success for both haggling the Fleece and Lambs.

See, MrAbdiel . The dice were just being temporarily kind to me.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

There, take your DAMN money!

Although, I won't require a gossip roll for you to know:

The leather goods - jerkin, belt, pouches, waterskin, backpack - you can all get in Paesa di Silo , and you can roll me a haggle check to see how you go driving the price down. The other stuff, the good boots and all the textiles, you can find more easily, and more competitively priced, in Verezzo.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-31 at 03:07 AM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Clothing haggle: (1d100)[11] vs TN 54
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-31 at 03:17 AM.