New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    That's the plan. Rags---------> Riches?
    Rags to something anyway hah.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Thanks for being patient on the post waiting. I hope it was somewhat worth it hah.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I think it was! I enjoy your writing. And now we've both abandoned the pretense of 'smaller posts now', lol.

Incidentally, I've been thinking of the sanity impact of this childhood. I don't want to just load you with insanity points; but you can't be completely sane after this. So he's what I think I want to do:

Nameless is going to emerge into the world with 0 Insanity points, but 2 phobias. You can decide what they are - fear of enclosed spaces, fear of rats, fear of being bound, whatever. But these insanities - unlike those you earn in play - you'll have chances to conquer during the game. Have a think and pitch me the fears you'd like most.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'll come up with something.

And yes, it seems that long posts might need to be toned down just a tad in the future haha. I was listening to this the whole time for inspiration.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

*Tents fingers contemplatively.*

Hmm.

Bananafriend, I appreciate your "better to ask forgiveness than permission" attitude. I like your post! Very touching - I wasn't sure how she'd react to the opportunity.

But I can't let you get away with it. XD I'll let you keep the throwing knife - that's a fine souvenir. But you're not surging into the world with armor and a pair of warplock pistols. Nice try though!

I can work with the post, though. Posting now!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She was going to bury them and retrieve them later to sell .

A girl rocking up to the nearest town with a pair of guns, a whip and carrying warpstone tokens on her would set all sorts of alarm bells off.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-26 at 06:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    She was going to bury them and retrieve them later to sell .

A girl rocking up to the nearest town with a pair of guns, a whip and carrying warpstone tokens on her would set all sorts of alarm bells off.
    All this description does is make me want to run a The Last Gunslinger game.

Might be worth updating your character sheet, too - it's worth including a 'base' profile and then your current one, to help track which advances you've taken. You should now have gotten everything available in the slave career, plus Nightvision. You speak only Queekish fluently; with a dormant grasp of a language others will later tell you is Wastelander, and fragments of Norscan.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Reads the post*

Really?

He faked his own death?

Spoiler
    Show

XD I'm just teasing.

Though having a wealthy Skaven engineer to loot, one who had stocked up on his affects in order to travel, would have been one of the luckiest breaks ever that a slave could get before running off into the woods a free person lol.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

*Reads the post*

Really?

He faked his own death?

Spoiler
    Show

XD I'm just teasing.

Though having a wealthy Skaven engineer to loot, one who had stocked up on his affects in order to travel, would have been one of the luckiest breaks ever that a slave could get before running off into the woods a free person lol.
    Hahaha!

Well, I was going for less 'faked own death' John Kreese style, and more 'played dead' cunning desperate animal style.

And yes, that WOULD have been lucky! But you had enough luck - you survived and escaped skaven slavery! XD And now to survive everything else.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

He could've dropped the guns in the tunnel during their flight *Shrugs*.

But I do have an ongoing character sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

However, she already received a +5 Agility from her Seventh Scar. So I'm assuming you meant her 12th scar was a typo and meant to say +5 instead of +10?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

He could've dropped the guns in the tunnel during their flight *Shrugs*.

But I do have an ongoing character sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

However, she already received a +5 Agility from her Seventh Scar. So I'm assuming you meant her 12th scar was a typo and meant to say +5 instead of +10?
    Well I wanted to give you the chance to grab one and have a standoff, if you so wanted! But you have elected the way of... Well. Chill. The way of chill.

Well, yes but know. I mean... to prevent confusion (although, here we are), instead of gaining stacking +5 increments, I've adopted the way of wiser GM's I've seen, who note the advances individually. So you don't have two +5 agility advances - you can only gain the +5 Agility advance one time. You have the +5 Agility advance, and then the +10 advance; the second not available until you've taken the first. Thus hopefully to prevent confusion for a hypothetical player who has gone through three careers with +5 agility advances, hoping he is able to stack them to +15.

Blah blah, you have +10 Agi!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Thinks*

So you're saying she...could have gotten one of those guns if she just pointed one of them at Papa Rat?

*Finger hovers over the Load Last Save button*
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-26 at 10:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: N-not necessarilly..
    Show

Also, feel free to roll in the OOC thread when I require rolls to reveal actionable stuff.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A hearing based Perception check - (1d100)[58] vs TN 54
    A sight based Perception check - (1d100)[7] vs TN 44
    And an Outdoor Survival check - naturally at half int, on account of lacking the skill - (1d100)[59] vs TN 22

I'll wait for the results before posting next.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-26 at 11:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Coincidently, the only Trappings the Warlock career needs is a Lucky Charm...

To answer the OOC question: given what she's been through, her natural instinct will be to enter the little cave.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-26 at 11:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Ahaha; and a functioning knowledge of witchcraft, but yeah. ;)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Reads post*

Hmm, yes indeed.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Silent Move roll - (1d100)[62] vs TN 62.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Ooh, on the very button!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Resistance to Disease: (1d100)[73] vs TN 71

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

You might as well reroll that fail with a temp fate point - it'll come back!

Oh, and give me a +20% toughness test against exposure, too!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Toughness - (1d100)[12] TN 61
    Re-rolling Disease check - (1d100)[14] vs TN 71

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Search check - [roll]1d100[/roll] TN 64
    Visual perception check - [roll]1d100[/roll] TN 44
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-27 at 04:03 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Search check - (1d100)[63] vs TN 64
    Visual perception check - (1d100)[8] vs TN 44

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I have an idea I don't think you're expecting.

Posting.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Wuh oh. I look forward to it.

Incidentally, I think I'm pretty happy with my theory about PbP working best in solo-driven games. Holy smokes, we're flying along. Imaging checking in with 5 other co-leaders on every decision so far.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh yeah, we're moving at a very expeditious pace!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Was I right that you didn't expect it? Or did I check off a 'Predict Banana Bingo' ? Haha.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I didn't predict it! A very interesting plan. Let's see how it turns out.

Rolling for.... somethingdon'tworryaboutit

(1d100)[57]

And rolling for... Somethingelsedon'tworryaboutit

(1d100)[75]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hmmm. HMMM!

Alright.

RollA - (1d100)[81]
    RollB - (1d100)[1]

Can you give me a hearing based perception check? You are opposing RollB, particularly.

EDIT: Holy hell, Roll B. Still, make the roll anyway. If you roll similarly impressively, you might yet win.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-11-27 at 08:43 AM.