New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

Making a Charm roll:

Charm: (1d100)[71] vs TN 44
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Rolls eyes*

Another Charm Roll: (1d100)[35] vs TN 44.

Convincing the women, children and elderly to leave to Paula di Silo, and the able bodied men to get armed.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

...If you had your choice, which of those two objectives is more important to you? Vulnerable to get to safety, or able bodied to take up arms?

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well Nogram and Bertuccio are gathering weapons and the Damio and Polo are also knocking on doors to let people know.

So it's not like no able-bodied people will be helping. Taalia will do her best to see that the vulnerable escape to Paula di Silo, she'll do so trusting that the efforts of the other four are sufficient to draw enough able-bodied citizens to grab arms.

Though she also might get some doo-dads off of Cestie, such as any gunpowder etc he might have.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Initiative: (1D10+4)[14]

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

*Squints suspiciously at this good initiative roll.*

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Dice have to be nice to me at some point .

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Polo/Fenicia (1d10+3)[12]
    Nogrom/Marco (1d10+3)[6]
    Alfredo/Emio (1d10+3)[8]
    Paoluccio/Ugo (1d10+3)[5]
    Bertuccio/Damio (1d10+3)[12]
    Taalia/Corvo [14]

Mate Ernie "Fiddlesticks" (1d10+4)[14]
    Peyton 'The Mad' Murray/Arley 'The Marked' Trollope (1d10+4)[5]
    Huxford 'The Rat' Sagar/Roxbury 'Devil's Grin' Carmine (1d10+4)[6]
    Ulric 'Hideous' Lester/Rad 'Trickster' Asheton (1d10+3)[11]
    True 'The Journey' Wahl/Jenny-Scabs (1d10+3)[10]
    Ridgeley 'Silver Tooth' Beckwith/'Dog' (1d10+3)[13]
    Barclay 'Blackmane' Keic/'Jawbone' (1d10+3)[5]

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Taalia/Corvo [14] (Unhurt/Lightly Wounded [6])
    Mate Ernie "Fiddlesticks" [14] (Heavily Wounded [13])
    Ridgeley 'Silver Tooth' Beckwith/'Dog' [13] (Lightly Wounded [8]/Critically Wounded)
    Bertuccio/Damio [12] (Heavily Wounded [14]/Heavily Wounded [10])
    Polo/Fenicia [12] (Critically Wounded, Bleeding/Heavily Wounded [9])
    Ulric 'Hideous' Lester/Rad 'Trickster' Asheton [11] (Lightly Wounded [7]/Lightly Wounded [7])
    True 'The Journey' Wahl/Jenny-Scabs [10] (Critically Wounded/Lightly Wounded [5])
    Alfredo/Emio [8] (Heavily Wounded [8]/Critically Wounded, Bleeding)
    Nogrom/Marco [6] (Lightly Wounded [9]/Unhurt)
    Huxford 'The Rat' Sagar/Roxbury 'Devil's Grin' Carmine [6] (Lightly Wounded [4]/Unhurt)
    Paoluccio/Ugo [5] (Unhurt/Lightly Wounded [9])
    Peyton 'The Mad' Murray/Arley 'The Marked' Trollope [5] (Unhurt/Critically Wounded)
    Barclay 'Blackmane' Keic/'Jawbone' [5] (Unhurt/Unhurt)

The Second Battle for Bella Collina begins. The enemy are surprised for one round, permitting a turn of unhindered action from the Bella Collinans.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-03-13 at 12:56 AM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She is firing her blunderbuss to catch the 4 pirates that she can.

As far as I read, she doesn't need to make an attack roll - only to see if the weapon jams. If it doesn't, they need to make agility tests, lest they take the damage.

Jam test: (1d100)[20] TN <95 (that would also be a hit if she had to roll to hit, as her BS is 42, for what it's worth)
    Damage: (1D10+3)[11]

She's been waiting ages to pull that trigger and she did a great job, it seems. If the surprise round imposes penalties on their agility checks, even better!
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-11 at 09:46 AM.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Actions:

Surprise: Blast with blunderbuss, then toss it down and withdraw her shield and sword.

First round action: Charge a pirate, which one? (1D3)[2]

Attack: (1d100)[3] vs TN 59

Damage: (1D10+4)[9]

Parry: (1d100)[5] vs TN 59

Dodge: (1d100)[90] vs TN 21
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-12 at 05:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

*Squints at actions.*

...You come up a half-action short.

Surprise:

Fire Leonardo (Half), drop Leonardo (Free), Draw shield (Half)

Turn 1:

Draw Sword (Half), Charge (Full).

... But you know what I'm gonna say you had your sword sticking in the dirt there to grab and the shield half on your arm so you can do it. Be keep it hunned, fr fr blunderbussin' ayo.

But, ahem, what I required was (1d13)[11]. The D3, alas, is entirely insufficient for my mighty purposes.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Apologies, I misread the D13 as D3, and figured there were 3 pirates that were closest to her that she could charge.

Edit: It's sweet that you've actually read her character sheets each time they're posted down to the details of what she calls her weapons ^_^.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-12 at 06:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

It is easier to keep track of one character's eccentric weapon naming conventions than a whole party. I continue to insist that I invented WFRP solo games and am a genius for doing so. Evidence to the contrary is only evidence of a coverup to rob me of my Ennie award.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Let's see:

Second round actions:

Attack: (1d100)[45] vs TN 49

Damage: (1D10+4)[9]

Parry: (1d100)[91] vs TN 59

Dodge: (1d100)[2] vs TN 21
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-12 at 07:21 AM.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Will resume resolving combat tomorrow after sleep and work. But also.. would it break your heart for me to remind you that Dodge Blow is an advanced skill, and in not having you, Taalia is unable to dodge? (or rather, her dodging is tied up in her existing defensive actions like parry and full defense).

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah it would because that means I'd have to roll a fate point to re-roll parry lol.

Unless you're feeling generous and want to slip that '2' rolled into the 'parry' column .
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-12 at 08:33 AM.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I have been generous enough. But let's see if your enemy manages to land a blow requiring you to successful defend, anyway. Exciting conclusion tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hah :P.

Well because we live in different time zones, and despite my constant access to the internet via my lab/desk STEM job, I'll throw out a fate roll parry if is needed, for you to work with.

Re-roll parry: (1d100)[40] vs TN 59.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-12 at 10:51 AM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Third round action:

In Parrying Stance

Attack: (1d100)[42] vs TN 49, got him in the right arm.

Damage: (1D10+4)[10]

Parry: (1d100)[61] vs TN 59
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-12 at 11:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Dunno if she had to use the fate point from before, but she's using one now to re-roll that parry.

Second Parry attempt: (1d100)[92] vs TN 59.

*Sigh* guess not.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-12 at 11:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

You did, infact, successfully parry an attack before because of that reroll. So good news! You don't have to spend that last fatepoint rerolling the failed parry because you can't. :D :D :D

Also since you're dual wielding (Shield and Hand Weapon), you do not need to take parry stance to gain a free parry. You can use that free half action to aim, for +10 to hit; or you can use a full action instead of a half and make a Guarded attack (-10 to hit, +10 defences).

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Oh - and I've been doing some of these off camera for speed purposes, but you may certainly have the pleasure this time. Roll a d100, for a crit!

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Crit roll: (1D100)[17]

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Victory... but at what cost? Time for medicine.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Naturally, Taalia will try and help Polo first. Then Emio.

She took 3 damage from the shield to the head, likely acquiring a black eye or some such during it.

Heal: (1d100)[96] vs TN 59

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*sigh*

Fate point: (1d100)[27] vs TN 59

Good, that's 2 fate points used, one more if Emio needs it.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-13 at 01:37 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Heal for Emio: (1d100)[47] vs TN 59.

*Wipes forehead* phew.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-13 at 01:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alright. So Emio needs only to pass one bleed check.

Since in this system high is usually bad for the roller, he wants to avoid 81-100. Good Luck, Emio.

(1d100)[19].