New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

Hearing Check: (1d100)[56] vs TN 54

Pfft, no.

I think we've found Nameless* nemesis: the forum roller.

*Wow, what a Freudian slip.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-27 at 08:53 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If she can take any more actions after climbing down the tree, let me know.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hmm. I’ll offer you the trade off, if you are not attempted by a People’s Elbow from the top rope.

To climb down safely is a full action. It’s a branchy enough tree that it’s not so hard.

If you want to climb down as a half action, I’ll need a Scale Sheer Surface (+20%) roll or fall some of the distance, probably ending prone and looking like a doofus.

But the combat is still a half-action move away from the base of the tree. So even if you got down with your half action, you’d want to spend a FP for an extra half, which would enable you to charge in right away.

So how quickly do you want to engage? If you’re willing to risk a skill roll and spend a FP, you can get in and attack this turn even if you’re not elbow droppin’.

If you are willing to wait a round to make sure you don’t fall, hurt yourself, and end up prone (this engaging next turn with a bump on the head and no surprise anyway), then you can just climb with no roll and end your turn sneakily at the bottom of the tree.

In either case, gimme that good initiative.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Initiative: (1D10+4)[10]

I think she'll play it safe and climb down quietly.

That way if things don't go well for him, she's not noticed and can either climb back up or quietly slip away.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Safe and smort. And hey, you’re on top of the initiative, so there’s that!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hehe, yes, she's not keen to join the Hardy Boyz of WWE fame any time soon .

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alright! You're up!

A Throwing Knife is SB -3 damage, when thrown. Strictly speaking, it cannot be used as a melee weapon.

But on the other hand, it's crazy to think a man with any kind of knife is no more deadly than a man without one. let's call it an improvised weapon - (SB-4 Damage). A purpose made dagger is SB-3, so I can't really elevate it to that status.

The main benefit of having it is, if you take a Parrying Stance as a half action, you can parry with it! Unarmed, you cannot parry at all.

Fortunately for you, with the Natural Weapons talent, you are considered to be armed with a Hand Weapon (SB +0) damage when you are attacking unarmed. I'm happy to consider "whatever is at hand" to be part of the "natural weapons" that human slaves learn to use.

So the net result is you can make your 'natural weapon' attack with kicks, bites, elbows, stabs with little knives made for throwing, etc. You can also, use the improvised weapon to parry, if you take Parrying Stance. But it won't qualify you for a free parry that dual wielding a proper weapon and shield might.

Sound fair? Alright, time to make Nameless's bones.*

*You know, with regular killing; not warpstone killing.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-11-28 at 03:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Alas, you have too many messages in your inbox . You are too popular.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She'll charge this turn, then next turn go into parry stance.

Charge attack: (1d100)[59] vs TN 69
    Damage: (1D10+4)[5]

I'll change that target to the Butcher if I can lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-28 at 04:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

He's sort of in the way, so I'll permit it. Roll me a d100!

Oh, and while we're here... Make me a Charm test, too. It's not spoken thing - there's just going to need to be a moment where this guy figures out you're on his side and not a third party of mayhem. This will help me figure out how quickly that happens.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-11-28 at 04:34 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Mysterious D100: (1d100)[58]
    Charm test: (1d100)[90] vs TN 34.

Though she might gain bonuses for attacking the goblins and not him lol.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Back to you!

As a refresher, since this is a uniquely poorly equipped character, a reminder of your combat options may be in order for this and future battles.

You have one dodge per turn if you are trained in dodge.

(Full) Charge - Move your charge move (minimum 4 yards) and attack with +10%
    (Full) Swift Attack - Attack as many times as you have attacks.
    (Full) All-Out Attack - +20% to hit, but no defences this turn.
    (Full) Defensive Stance -20% to enemy WS to hit you, but you make no attacks this turn.
    (Full) Guarded Attack - -10% to hit, but +10% to defences this turn.
    (Full) Disengage - Move out of combat without triggering reprisals.
    (Half) Parry Stance - Permits you to parry once in the following turn.
    (Half) Standard Attack - Make a single attack.
    (Half) Aim - The Standard Attack that immediately follows gains +10%

There's also feint and manouver, but those are really only viable when you are swinging around a nice high WS. I list the others only because I've found at low levels of XP, they actually matter. After you have a career or two complete, it's almost always dig in and swift attack, making sure to dual wield to have your parry for free!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

can she Parry stance and attack one of the gobbies?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

She can indeed! That's the main feature of Parry Stance. If you're not dual wielding an approved combination of weapons (Eg, Hand weapon and Shield), Parry Stance is how you get to parry at all. Basic enemies with just hand weapons, or spears and sheilds, will usually standard attack, and parry stance if they're feeling defensive... or all-out, if they're desperate.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Great! She'll do that.

Attack: (1d100)[21] vs 49
    Damage: (1D10+4)[7]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bam - a punch innahead! They don't like that. Stranger-Guy took two turns of nerves, but he's going to jump in this turn again. It's Nameless's turn again! With your attack, woudl you mind pre-rolling your parry, in case it's needed? It'll just save us one extra back and forth of messaging, if you get hit at all.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Attack: (1d100)[78] vs 49
    Damage: (1d10+4)[9]

Parry: (1d100)[3]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry in 10 man naxx atm and taking seconds to typeout rolls lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-28 at 06:16 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Lmao, I'm grinding the prepatch event on a priest I'm leveling between posts. XD

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Just Maly and Obsidian Sanctum left :P.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

At the moment, without any other threat, it's just Nameless + Man vs two goblins. So unless something changes, she'll be doing her Parry Stance.

Round 1:
    Attack: (1d100)[50] vs 49
    Damage: (1d10+4)[5]

Parry: (1d100)[61]

Round 2:
    Attack: (1d100)[79] vs 49
    Damage: (1d10+4)[7]

Parry: (1d100)[53]

Ugggh, jesus this roller. In 4x d10 rolls I've rolled a 1 twice and haven't rolled above a 5. But when those same D10s get rolled for percentile? Suddenly 5 is the minimum they roll.

*Rolls eyes*

Stuff that, spending 2 fate points: 1 on first attack and 2nd on 2nd attack.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-28 at 07:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

hahaha. Go for it! Fate is for spending.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Round 1: Attack: (1d100)[80] vs TN 49

Round 2: Attack: (1d100)[30] vs TN 49

I'm telling you Mr Gm, this roller will be my nemesis throughout this whole game. She could be a farking Vampire Lord against a peasant and still will roll 100s and get slowly stabbed to death because of this roller.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-11-28 at 07:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

If that is your fate, you will EMBRACE it like a hero.

Goblin feebly tries to parry that strike. (1d100)[85]. He fails! Pickaxe is on 0! Post incoming...
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-11-28 at 08:05 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    If that is your fate, you will EMBRACE it like a hero.
    I make my own fate.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Okay, Sarah Conner. Calm down!

Also, wham! Pick-gobber nails you in the arm for 12 wounds; 8 after damage reduction! But his buddy got splatted, and now it's you and one goblin who is, himself, on 0 wounds. Highly critable. Finish him!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Round 1:
    Attack: [roll]1d100[/roll vs 59
    Damage: (1D10+4)[13]

Parry: (1d100)[99]

Round 2:
    Attack: (1d100)[45] vs 59
    Damage: (1D10+4)[6]

Parry: (1d100)[78]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Round 1:
    Attack: (1d100)[8] vs 59

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

You're lucky he didn't parry, or you'd have to rewrite that post.

But naw; you smooshed him. Postin'!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Really? Picks can parry?