New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,494 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

Just a hearing test: (1d100)[41] vs TN 79.

Heard'em first. Go go Excellent Hearing.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-08 at 11:24 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Flee! to give +1 Movement for (1D10)[4] rounds.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bella-agility. vs45 - (1d100)[37].

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Agility: (1d100)[37] vs TN 44

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hah! Twinsies. You may assume, for your post, that you and are both quite skillful and jumping on to the co-pilot's seat, and the passenger pod respectively!

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hmm, let's see: (1D10+5)[14]

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What roll next? Or another 1d10+5 ?

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well, you might as well roll the second 1d10+5 as well; but then make a couple batteries of damage rolls for each set. 14 * 1d10+3 for the first, and so on.

They're not expecting the first blast. The second they'll try their luck to avoid with agility tests as normal.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-09 at 06:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

More hits: (1D10+5)[12]

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

26 hits in total.

Damage:

Spoiler
    Show
    1. (1D10+3)[8]
    2. (1D10+3)[12]
    3. (1D10+3)[6]
    4. (1D10+3)[12]
    5. (1D10+3)[7]
    6. (1D10+3)[9]
    7. (1D10+3)[8]
    8. (1D10+3)[6]
    9. (1D10+3)[9]
    10. (1D10+3)[8]
    11. (1D10+3)[12]
    12. (1D10+3)[5]
    13. (1D10+3)[8]
    14. (1D10+3)[7]

1. (1D10+3)[7]
    2. (1D10+3)[11]
    3. (1D10+3)[12]
    4. (1D10+3)[9]
    5. (1D10+3)[7]
    6. (1D10+3)[13]
    7. (1D10+3)[5]
    8. (1D10+3)[13]
    9. (1D10+3)[10]
    10. (1D10+3)[4]
    11. (1D10+3)[7]
    12. (1D10+3)[12]

Pretty ordinary damage rolls, unfortunately.

But still, blasting more than half the raiding party of Skaven who might already be injured...turn around?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-09 at 07:12 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alright, let's see how we go.

1. (1D10+3)[8]
    2. (1D10+3)[12]
    3. (1D10+3)[6]
    4. (1D10+3)[12]
    5. (1D10+3)[7]
    6. (1D10+3)[9]
    7. (1D10+3)[8]
    8. (1D10+3)[6]
    9. (1D10+3)[9]
    10. (1D10+3)[8]
    11. (1D10+3)[12]
    12. (1D10+3)[5]
    13. (1D10+3)[8]
    14. (1D10+3)[7]

1. (1D10+3)[7] vs40 - (1d100)[14]
    2. (1D10+3)[11] vs40 - (1d100)[39]
    3. (1D10+3)[12] vs40 - (1d100)[23]
    4. (1D10+3)[9] vs40 - (1d100)[23]

5. (1D10+3)[7] vs40 - (1d100)[58]
    6. (1D10+3)[13] vs40 - (1d100)[16]
    7. (1D10+3)[5] vs40 - (1d100)[83]
    8. (1D10+3)[13] vs40 - (1d100)[86]
    9. (1D10+3)[10] vs40 - (1d100)[38]
    10. (1D10+3)[4] vs40 - (1d100)[26]
    11. (1D10+3)[7] vs40 - (1d100)[21]

12. (1D10+3)[12] vs40 - (1d100)[84]

Really great dodge rolls... But still a nice big bucket of damage poured out on the ratties.

Clanrats have 9 wounds, and a TB of 3. So that's... a total of... 154 damage, over 18 hits so -54 toughness of absorbtion for...

Well, a square 100 of wounds, and about 11 skaven's worth of murder, give or take.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-09 at 07:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Now that she's in an elevated position, what's her general assessment of how many there are?

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Still dozens; but they are a cowardly and easily spooked species. I’m about to go to bed, but they’re going to be in full retreat, abandoning their captives to flee, pursued by the resurgent swamp skimmers who live free for another day.

Can you blame them? They’re getting shot by flying humans. This is exactly why they don’t like going out to anywhere with a sky. This exact reason.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-09 at 08:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And that's her very good deed done for the day, sparing dozens of people from enslavement to the rats!

Oh and helping rescue Augusto. Oh and saving that guys life. (after almost taking it)

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Can you blame them? They’re getting shot by flying humans. This is exactly why they don’t like going out to anywhere with a sky. This exact reason.

Just give the humans a few generations...

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Milo, her pet cat:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

This is an excellent cat.

Also, hey! We're nearly at the end of the 50 page soft cap on threads, for this OOC. How about that? I'll set up a new one soon, you know the drill.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-10 at 06:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It is a gorgeous little thing isn't it?

I've got a Rottweiler at home who is a big, gorgeous boof. But I've always wanted a blue British shorthair.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh yeah - money total for that gear sold and Skaven head bounty :p.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

An extra fortune point per day! My my, you must have really gotten sick of me whinging every time I used 2/3s of my FP's to pass a single 80% roll .

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    An extra fortune point per day! My my, you must have really gotten sick of me whinging every time I used 2/3s of my FP's to pass a single 80% roll .
    Squeaky wheel...

It's also, like, the Acheivement Reward for finishing the Tilea Zone. And for being nice to Nogrom, who was a sad dwarf with not much going for him.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Being Lawful/Neutral Good paid off!

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

In regards to selling stuff...

First: All the gear they got from that gang of thieves she'd be selling. I think we worked that out, as well as the Skaven bounty, to be about 34gc.

• A two-handed military hammer engraved with a motif of hammers and anvils. It has an oilskin sling-strap.
    - Sell. She can't use it and it's too heavy to take on the flying machine. I'm assuming this is a best quality great mace/warhammer used by a warrior priest of Sigmar.

• A wooden staff around which has been tied a string of wolf's teeth.
    - She'll keep this out of curiosity.

• A pair of embroidered leather shoes with a small tag bearing the seal of the town of Pfeildorf, home of the best tailors in the Empire. They are dirty, but still in good condition.

• A rain-stained sheet of parchment inscribed with the name and address of a tavern, Signore Pepito's, in the town of Rialto Mio.

• A grimy human skull with the name 'Magnus' inscribed into the forehead.

• A waxed rawhide case of butcher's knives and sharpening files.

• A tiny ivory statue of Shallya.

• A pewter ring etched with an oath of allegiance to the Empire.
    - She'll keep this out of curiosity. (could come in real handy too)

• A leather case containing a musket-cleaning kit with muzzle rods, wire brushes, oils, chamois, fuses, flints and spare parts.
    - She'll keep this because it's very useful to her weapons.

• An iron hand-torch with a fistful of charcoal in the cage.
    - Keep because it could be useful.

• 23 shillings stuck to the bottom of a filthy rawhide pouch. (Imperial shillings specifically, printed with a wreathed skull on one side a a scythe clutching skeletal rendition of what must be Morr on the other, beside the letters "A L T D O R F".)
    - She gave these to Olio.

• A few sheets of water-warped parchment.
    - Sell.

• A deer-hide pouch branded with the image of Sigmar.
    - Keep.

• A leather flask of whale oil.
    - Sell.

• A Best Quality Fishing Net. It has neatly smoothed lead weights on a large well constructed net and a stained but strong line that cinches in the drawstring. There is a small carved wooden handle at the end of the casting line engraved with the words "Timely Blessings Come From Strange Places. Thank you."

Onwards to France Bretonnia!
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-14 at 03:28 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

In regards to selling stuff...

First: All the gear they got from that gang of thieves she'd be selling. I think we worked that out, as well as the Skaven bounty, to be about 34gc.
    Sounds about right. Running Total: 34GC.

• A two-handed military hammer engraved with a motif of hammers and anvils. It has an oilskin sling-strap.
    - Sell. She can't use it and it's too heavy to take on the flying machine. I'm assuming this is a best quality great mace/warhammer used by a warrior priest of Sigmar.
    You wish! It's good quality, though; I can't bust it down to standard because of all the sigmar engravings. So 60GC. -30% (instead of 50 because you crushed that haggle, and you have Dealmaker) Goes down to 42, and then Running Total: 76GC

• A wooden staff around which has been tied a string of wolf's teeth.

• A pair of embroidered leather shoes with a small tag bearing the seal of the town of Pfeildorf, home of the best tailors in the Empire. They are dirty, but still in good condition.

• A rain-stained sheet of parchment inscribed with the name and address of a tavern, Signore Pepito's, in the town of Rialto Mio.

• A grimy human skull with the name 'Magnus' inscribed into the forehead.

• A waxed rawhide case of butcher's knives and sharpening files.

• A tiny ivory statue of Shallya.

• A pewter ring etched with an oath of allegiance to the Empire.
    - She'll keep this out of curiosity. (could come in real handy too)

• A leather case containing a musket-cleaning kit with muzzle rods, wire brushes, oils, chamois, fuses, flints and spare parts.
    - She'll keep this because it's very useful to her weapons.

• An iron hand-torch with a fistful of charcoal in the cage.
    - Keep because it could be useful.
    Very well!

• 23 shillings stuck to the bottom of a filthy rawhide pouch. (Imperial shillings specifically, printed with a wreathed skull on one side a a scythe clutching skeletal rendition of what must be Morr on the other, beside the letters "A L T D O R F".)
    You may gain +25 to your Olio's Kitten Mill rep.

• A few sheets of water-warped parchment.
    - Sell.
    Fffooo... I'll give you 2s for them. So Running Total: 76GC, 2s.

• A deer-hide pouch branded with the image of Sigmar.
    - Keep.
    Nice. Good quality pouch.

• A leather flask of whale oil.
    - Sell.
    5s for the base, down to 3s 6p. Running Total: 76GC, 5s, 6p.

• A Best Quality Fishing Net. It has neatly smoothed lead weights on a large well constructed net and a stained but strong line that cinches in the drawstring. There is a small carved wooden handle at the end of the casting line engraved with the words "Timely Blessings Come From Strange Places. Thank you."
    Raphs did, in fact, take me net.

Final total: 76GC, 5s, 6p. I'm about to make the new OOC, so feel free to add that total and the items you are keeping to your sheet and prepare for the copy-paste!

EDIT: All done, go ahead. Also reposting the other stuff reminded me that both Cestie and Bella actually have Nightvision. They randomed it up in hilarious coincidence.

Oh well. I guess you're rubbing off on them.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-15 at 08:15 PM.