New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    EDIT: sorry have to quit game and move to the country to be a homesteader; too much exposure to wholesome rural people talking about country like. gg all, green acres syndrome bye
    Ohh my youtube homescreen is now flooded with recommended videos that try to lure me back to the rural countryside to pursue the noble profession.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Ohh my youtube homescreen is now flooded with recommended videos that try to lure me back to the rural countryside to pursue the noble profession.
    Lol. Sitting here like... "...But a decent backyard could sustain like.. two goats, right? Little ones? How much are vaccinations on those suckers. Can I rent them to clear weeds or something to neighbours..."

Well, time to disabuse you of those good feelings about possible success - time to engage with the roller.

Give me some rolls, to give me an overview of the next four weeks. I want...

4 * Int Checks, to gain more Tilean competency.
    2 * Animal Care Checks, to look after these beautiful creatures after they come into your care in week 3.
    2 * Additional Int checks, to get the hang of the the early herd handling and chook management.

I can conceive no reason you wouldn't be able to reroll all of these with fate points over such a time period, so feel free to roll twice for each.

Oh, and let's see how much trouble Corvo is while Ariana helps you train him as he grows. She's a smart cookie - rolled a 39 for int, and with basic 20+2d10 stats, too.

AnimalTrainingCorvoVs59 - (1d100)[39]
    AnimalTrainingElmoVs59 - (1d100)[11]

Looks like we got ourselves a couple of good boys; with Vittorio's dog, Elmo, as the teacher's pet. Or.. teacher's son's pet. You get it.

Edit Edit: Dammit now I want some cheese
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-08 at 11:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Some rolls:

Tilean competency checks:

1. (1d100)[80] vs TN 44
    1 Re-roll. (1d100)[82] vs TN 44

2. (1d100)[36] vs TN 44
    2 Re-roll.(1d100)[63] vs TN 44

3. (1d100)[12] vs TN 44
    3 Re-roll. (1d100)[96] TN 44.

4. (1d100)[58] vs TN 44
    4 Re-roll. (1d100)[57] TN 44

Animal Care checks:

1. (1d100)[100] vs TN 44
    1 Re-roll (1d100)[99] TN 44.

2. (1d100)[94] vs TN 44
    2 Re-roll (1d100)[60] TN 44.

Animal Herd and Chook Management:

1. (1d100)[48] vs TN 44.
    1 Re-roll. (1d100)[25] vs TN 44

2. (1d100)[29] vs TN 44.
    2 Re-roll (1d100)[36] vs TN 44

2 successes on Fluency roll vs 44 with 8 rolls.

Passed all the herd and chook management ones.

Epically failled ALL the animal care rolls. 4 rolls, ~50% success rate and failed all of them. So either blow more fate points there or hopefully have Gaulfredo step in.

Against TN 44, roughly 1/2 chance with 16 rolls I passed 6.

I'm going to set my own discord server up and make my rolls there, the forum roller is beyond terrible and has become intolerable.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-08 at 11:56 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Ooo. Pretty good overall. You can add Speak Language (Tilean) to your character sheet - you now know the language well enough to converse clearly, as long as the subject matter isn't too obscure; so neither of us need to put the 'foreigner speak' filter over our words going forth. If I think something comes up that you don't understand, I'll make it clear in the post. And your general farming rolls have come up pretty well - but man, those animal care rolls came at you with a knife.

Edit: Nooo, you have to use the forum roller! It's both tradition, and also as the protagonist in the thread, it's important to have an easilly accessible record of rolls in the sequence as they come up! Reject superstition! Embrace technology, cruel though it feels!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-08 at 11:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

May I blow more fate points or have Gaulfredo step in lol?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Fate has cast its lot already, I'm afraid! But you can't be too mad at those rolls, they were a pretty good set all up. It's just that highly galling 100->99 that makes it sting.

As for what now... We shall see! I'll post a reply and we'll see how things go with the birbs and sheps in a few hours. I have to go to the shops and buy cheese before I'm babysitting shortly, because I've watched about 3 hours of cheesemaking videos and I need cheese.

P.S. What's your gold total at, by the way? You'll need, I think, 8gold or so to get the trappings to start off as your adjusted Hedgecraft Apprentice. Antitoxin kit, Healing Poultice, Healing Draught.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-09 at 12:02 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Gaulfredo was helping her out though wasn't he? Lol anything not to lose animals because of this sh*** forum roller, she's had enough heart-break lol.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    P.S. What's your gold total at, by the way? You'll need, I think, 8gold or so to get the trappings to start off as your adjusted Hedgecraft Apprentice. Antitoxin kit, Healing Poultice, Healing Draught.

Nothing. Like 1 penny.

She invested everything into being a farmer, had everything going for her until the final boss - the Giantitp Forum Roller.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Gaulfredo was helping her out though wasn't he? Lol anything not to lose animals because of this sh*** forum roller, she's had enough heart-break lol.
    It makes me happy that you are already so attached to Taalia and protective of her heart!

It would be cruel of me to cause a bad roll to just kill a bunch of sheep within 2 weeks with two experienced farmers on hand. It’s just not going to be smooth sailing. There will be peril involved.

Prepare for peril!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Three visual perception rolls, let's see.

I'm going to roll these one at a time, for obvious reasons.

Perception roll 1: (1d100)[75] VS TN 44

*Sigh* of course.

Re-rolling with fate.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-10 at 12:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fate-point Visual perception: (1d100)[37] vs TN 44

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Second Visual Perception Roll: (1d100)[100] TN 44

I want it on record that I have had 2x 100's but not a single 1.

Re-rolling, obviously.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-10 at 01:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fate point re-rolling Visual perception check: (1d100)[64] vs TN 44

Re-rolling again, of course.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-10 at 01:16 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

2nd Visual Perception Roll using 3rd Fate Point: (1d100)[16] TN 44.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Third visual perception roll: (1d100)[4] TN 44.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Also:

The ox is walked to your property by one of the red-haired brothers who made the sale. A healthy looking beast with big crescent horns and a white furred hide, with cannons of rusty red on its shins.
    It took me two re-reads to realise you were describing the ox and not the lad himself, thinking he was a beastman that had passed nearly impossible Disguise rolls, because Johnnie Walker Black is fantastic.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-10 at 01:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Just making a couple of charm rolls for a post tomorrow:

Charm 1 (1d100)[84] vs tn 34.

Charm 2 (1d100)[56] vs tn 34.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hey, you did it! Three successes to find your lost animals - this will result in the least peril possible! By the sounds of it, you're working on a post; so I'll wait for that.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You are correct, and I responded.

I think as time goes on my posts will become shorter as Taalia further ingratiates herself into Tilean customs and ways, as big chunks of my posts are her reflecting on them.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Initiative: (1d10+4)[10]

Straight intelligence roll: (1d100)[82] vs TN 44.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Using a fate point for the intelligence roll: (1d100)[52] vs TN 44.

*Sigh* gimmie a break, I hate this roller.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-11 at 02:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

One more fate point.

Straight int (1d100)[29] vs TN 44.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Now you ARE being unfair to the roller. These are average results! This is a reasonable spread of numbers!

Also, I think you used all 3 of your fate points rerolling Perception rolls to find the bleeders. But don't despair! It's just an int check!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ah, she's going against a River Troll with no fate points, her new-found livelihood on the line and having failed an initial Int check to spot any clues, and a forum roller that hates her. Marvellous.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Just because she failed the extra clues Int check doesn't mean you have to play her dumb and jump into its open mouth! I got faith in you.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Using Flee! Not to run away, per say, but she's not running at the thing either. For: (1d10)[10] rounds.

For 10 rounds Taalia has +1 movement.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-11 at 04:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Leading the ram away, eh? under normal circumstances that would require an animal care check. But you paid the premium for a good quality ram - so no roll required. Let's see if the troll falls for it. His int is 18, and he needs to beat an int check to keep doing what he was doing, which was approaching Gaulfredo. I'll use the forum roller, for maximum anguish.

TrollStoopidVs18 - (1d100)[99].

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's a critical failure on the scale that got Taalia into this mess lol.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

It sure is. One more roll to see if the troll has a single brainwave to realize all his food is getting away, or if he's going to stare into the flame and blow it all.

(1d100)[71], looking for that 18.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show