New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Red Hand of Doom 3.5 OOC Thread III

Welcome to the Third OOC thread for my Red Hand of Doom campaign!

(The current IC thread can be found here.)

(The first IC thread can be found here.)

(The first OOC thread can be found here.)

(The second OOC thread can be found here.)

Feel free to discuss anything relating to the campaign, or anything semi-relating to the campaign, right here!

Player Character Class
    Metastachydium 'Mess' (Mikolt Karabek) Winged Dark Lesser Zenythri Knight 6
    Alhallor Calyd Human Paragon 3 Wamage 3
    Aracor Vokon Giantbreaker Nugalatha Goliath Warblade 6
    danielxcutter Arendi Marthebar Human Cleric 4/Crusader 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 3
    Lioslaith Athelras Duskrun Centaur Ranger 2
    aurangzheb Pareto Fire-Souled Half-Janni Strongheart Halfling Spellthief 1/Arcane Swordsage 5

The Unofficial Loot Bag, as maintained by the generous Aracor, can be found here.

The map of Cannath Vale:

Spoiler
    Show

Hex Grid map of Cannath Vale:

Spoiler
    Show

Hexes are at a scale of 12 miles to a hex, i.e. 2 hexes for 24 miles of travel, i.e.e. a default day's travel assuming no terrain or other effects are in play.

Map of Drellin's Ferry:

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Here's the town map:

Key:

Red dot: you are here
    1 - Checkpoints
    2 - The Green
    3 – Town Speaker’s Home
    4 – The Green Apple Inn
    5 – Morlin’s Smithy
    6 – Shrine of Lathander
    7 – House of Sertieren the Wise
    8 – Old Toll House
    9 – Town Armory
    10 – The Old Bridge Inn
    11 – Jarrett’s Sundries
    12 – Delora’s Livery Stable
    13 – Iormel’s Warehouse
    14 – The Ferry
    15 – The Ruins of the Dwarfbridge
    16 – Gausler’s Brewhouse
    17 – Jendar’s Warehouse
    18 – Sterrel’s Provisioning
    19 – Grove of the Old Ones

Thought this was the simplest way to help you guys orient yourselves - if you need short clarifications of these locations let me know, though fuller descriptions will follow as you explore as you see fit.

Map of Shaareach Forest:

Show

Koth's Map from Vraath Keep:

Show

Koth's Notes from Vraath Keep:
    Spoiler: The Notes
    Show
    The Red Hand horde was indeed gathering at Cinder Hill. They had several thousand – maybe as high as ten thousand – goblinoid warriors, under the command of fanatical priests of Tiamat. It contained dozens of hobgoblin, goblin, bugbear, and ogre tribes from the Wyrmbones.

Skull Gorge Bridge was a key site in the plan of the horde’s descent from the mountains. Destroying the bridge would certainly delay the Red Hand’s march by several days. The notes and plans also confirmed that Drellin’s Ferry was the first target of the horde. No real resistance to the full weight of the Red Hand was expected at the Ferry, and the plan of battle was to carve a straightforward, bloody path of destruction up the Dawn Way at least to the city of Rethmar if not beyond.

Indeed from the look of it Koth – or his agents -- had spied out the muster of about every town and village from here to the far end of Cannath Vale. Jim was no military expert, but going by the numbers recorded he couldn’t disagree with Koth’s assessment: the only place where there was any slim hope of making a stand against a force of the Red Hand’s size might have been Rethmar, the largest city in the Vale and then only because it was the only place in two hundred miles that had a substantial battlement around it. And then only if there enough men to man the walls. Heartbreakingly, these notes were only copies – Koth’s scrawlings indicated the intelligence had been passed back to the Red Hand at least two weeks ago.

Koth had intended to personally lead the first attack on the Ferry. However, given the naked jealousy and sarcasm oozing from some of Koth’s notes, it seemed there’d been some sort of political realignment of late, and that Ozyrrandion or some other chieftain or champion was going to lead the assault. Either way, it appeared obvious now that there was no hope of saving Drellin's Ferry solely by killing the leader of the hobgoblins here in Shaareach Forest.

It seemed the circus was fighting a hydra, so to speak. Koth was only one of four Wyrmlords leading the Red Hand. The three others were a goblin ranger named Saarvith; a hobgoblin bard named Ulwai Stormcaller; and a hobgoblin – Koth termed him a Knight of Five Sorrows -- named Hravek Kharn.

The Wyrmlords, in turn, were ruled over by a High Wyrmlord. This creature, named Azarr Kul, was a powerful cleric of Tiamat. This ruler lived in a massive temple somewhere in the heart of the Wyrmbones, but the exact location wasn’t apparent from the notes.

As for the other Wyrmlords, Saarvith had been sent to the ruined city of Lhesper on a special mission – its nature unmentioned -- and Kharn was commanding the horde itself. There wasn’t any word about where Ulwai was. There were also passing references to a ‘master spy’ abroad in Cannath Vale, but even coded notes in Infernal seemed not to have given Koth enough reassurance about the possibility of revelation.

Worse still, several dragons served Azarr Kul as advisors and subcommanders. Koth had only had contact with one of them: a green dragon named Ozyrrandion. The names, colours and sizes of the others weren’t mentioned.

Houserules:

Spoiler: Group Initiative
    Show
    Thanks to long and bitter experience of a standard-ish D&D combat taking the better part of months to finish out by the book, I handle initiative during combat a little differently to the standard. If combat starts, here’s how I handle the rounds:

(1) Everyone including the opposition has initiative rolled
    (2) Anyone who got a roll higher than the monsters is put in one group
    (3) Anyone who got a roll lower than the monsters is put in a second group
    (4) Those who get initiative results higher than the monsters have 48 hours from the time of the DM’s update to post their actions. If someone in this group doesn’t post in that time, they are automatically shunted down to the group who acts after the monsters. Actions will be resolved in order of people’s posts.
    (5) I then update taking account of people’s posts and provide the monsters’ actions
    (6) Those who got rolls lower than the monsters (or who have been shunted into this group) have 48 hours from the time of my update to post their actions. If there is no post within 48 hours, the character is deemed to remain where they are and go on total defense for the round – no exceptions. Again, actions otherwise are resolved in order of posting.
    (7) Actions commencing in one round are resolved at the time of your post in the next round.

Edge cases may well arise (especially if stuff like Incite or Inhibit are used), but these will be resolved on a case-by-case basis.

Spoiler: Overland Travelling
    Show
    For the purposes of overland travel, the default is that you can cross 24 miles in a full day’s travel, regardless of whether the party has mounts or not. That’s based on the rough idea that you’re travelling about 8 hours per day, at 30 feet per round (travel can be pushed into the twilight/nightfall hours for another 4 hours or so). While mounts help you maybe have more carrying capacity or assist in combat, because you’re generally in trackless if not rugged wilderness they generally don’t help that much to increase the party’s overall travelling rate. Think of it as similar to why despite an Enlarge Person spell your movement rate doesn’t change ;)

As said, the default is that you can travel about 24 miles in a day. However, terrain factors may affect whether you actually cross a full 24 miles in the day. As such, journeys are better thought of in terms of the number of days taken to reach the intended destination.
    When you travel from one place to another, your group gets to pick a travel pace for the day: fast, normal, or slow. Each has benefits and drawbacks as follows:

FAST:
    o The party gains 1.5 days on the route.
    o The party can’t forage for food at all on the way.
    o The party takes -4 penalty on all checks to perceive dangers and on navigation checks.
    o Hostile creatures get +4 on checks to detect or track the party.

NORMAL:
    o The party gains 1 day on the route.
    o The party can forage for food on the way, but at a -4 penalty.

SLOW:
    o The party gain 0.5 days on the route.
    o The party can forage for food normally.
    o The party gets +4 to all checks to perceive dangers and on navigation checks.
    o Hostile creatures get -4 on checks to detect or track the party

Notice, then, that terrain factors may affect your pace. For example, due to heavy snowfall, a route that normally takes 1 day to cross in fact takes 2 days (heavy snow halves movement). The party could still elect to counter this increased time by travelling at a fast pace, but they ultimately still only gain 1.5 days on the route, they only travel 1.5 of the 2 days required to cover the distance. Conversely, if they travel at a slow pace in this terrain, then they’ll only get about one quarter of the way to their destination.
    As for foraging and navigation and how they work:

Foraging:
    At the end of a day of travel, everyone rolls a Survival check against the appropriate Resources DC of the terrain:
    5: Coastal or urban areas
    10: Forests or hilly regions
    15: Grasslands, swamps, open sea, and underwater
    20: Arctic tundras, mountains, or the underdark
    25: Deserts, and most planar locations
    If a character fails their check, the player marks off one use of their rations. If the players have no food, they can survive (3 days + their Con mod) travel days without food, or twice that if they decide to spread their food thin. After that time runs out, they start taking starvation.
    If at least one player succeeds on their foraging roll, all players obtain water and can refill their waterskins. If a player has no water or are starving, they become fatigued (-2 STR, DEX, can’t run or charge.) and start taking nonlethal damage. They remain fatigued until they find water, no matter how much they rest. (Certain spells creating food or water or similar are adjudicated case by case. There are no such things as Everfull Mugs or Everlasting Rations.)

Navigation:
    Each day, whoever has the best WIS check, or someone with a good navigation ability (i.e. survival), is subject to a navigation roll. This is against the Navigation DC of the terrain they’re passing through on that day, and is checked by the DM in secret. Failing a navigation roll means the party is off target from its destination, i.e. got lost at some point, whether in a totally wrong direction or just a few degrees off course (which can still mean you're miles off course). The difficulty of this roll depends at least in part on the route you’ve chosen.

Of course, you might be able to realize you're lost before the navigator passes a roll.
    - If there is a major landmark, like a river, that your character is aware of, you might run into it and realize you’re going the wrong direction.
    - If your days spent travelling exceed the planned days of the route, you’ll certainly figure out you’re lost. For example, if you're expecting to reach a location in three days given the pace you set but the journey stretches into four for no reason, you would immediately deduce that you're off target if not outright lost.

Once you know you’re lost, you have three options:
    - Pick a direction and travel that way until you hit a landmark (river, edge of forest, etc)
    - Find high ground and try to locate a landmark you can orient yourself by
    - Backtrack until you hit a landmark you know.

No matter what option you choose, it’s treated as a new journey.

In summary: every day spent travelling, you all roll a forage check and at the end of the day your navigator gets a navigation check. This determines whether you’re on course for the destination you're going to and whether you get fed that day.

Wait, what about wandering monsters and other encounters?
    Encounters may well occur even if you're totally on course. Your choice of route to the destination – and there are always more ways than one to get somewhere – may affect the frequency, and depending on where you want to go and how fast, you might choose to accept the risks of such a journey. And of course the pace you move at will have an effect on your capacity to meet those encounters as they arise (if they are combat encounters at all.)

Spoiler: The Complication Pool
    Show
    Time flies, and waits for no orc. This rule is essentially a way of reflecting the time and to some extent the risk and danger that might be taken on a task.

Whenever players spend a meaningful amount of time on a task, a d6 die is added to the Complication Pool. These are an abstraction for time passing; they could represent anything between 5 and 15 minutes, or indeed hours in the case of travel, or even months, depending on the situation.

But the dice also serve as the relentless advance of ill fortune, or karma; as such, a dice may be added by the DM if a party member does something that in the DM’s view is reckless or risky.

When there are 6 dice in the Complication Pool, the Pool is rolled and cleared. If any of the dice roll a 1, there is … a Complication. A random encounter might happen, your horse might step in a hole and break his leg, your torches might blow out, you might discover a mouse has eaten all your rations.

Also, the DM may in his discretion add a dice and roll the pool before it contains 6 dice, if a character does something exceptionally risky. In these circumstances the pool is not cleared. One ill turn deserves another, as someone once said.

The Pool is there to remind you that you are always against the clock, always daring Lady Luck. Your only grace in this respect is that you always know how many dice there are in the Complication Pool.

Note: Multiple '1' results on the rolling of the Pool do not mean multiple Complications arise; it is only if there is at least a 1 result that a Complication is triggered.

Spoiler: Scouting
    Show

And it's here that we need to talk a little bit about meta, because in my experience while scouting is an entirely legitimate and practical thing to expect characters to do in real life, it can be a royal pain in the seating area to run PbP or even FtF because it's a longrunning party split which drags the posting speed down while the DM interacts with the scout on their lonesome and the rest of the party sits back cooling their heels waiting for something to happen. And when combat does happen, it becomes mostly the scout fighting for their life while the party maybe spends whole rounds just running towards the fight. I have historically found this to be Awkward To Run as a DM, even moreso when the scout (as often happens to scouts) gets slaughtered IC with the rest of the party then having to walk right into the ambush none the wiser. But I love the idea, and I love running scouts and recon! So: absent large protests, how I plan on handling recon and scouting by Keda/Mikolt will be as follows.

If Keda/Mikolt detects something:
    I'll advise the same in-character. Keda/Mikolt will be taken as having warned the party about the potential threat in their path. You can then, OOC, discuss as a party what you want to do about this thing that has been seen/heard/whatever - no IC is required. Whatever the party's decision, Keda/Mikolt can then act consistent with it. If that option includes the rest of the party sneaking into strike range, then it will certainly require Move Silently checks or similar. And if the creature detects anyone walking up, it detects everyone - see below what happens there. Note the option of avoiding the encounter will generally be on the table too, but that will have consequences: it'll add a Complication Dice to the pool each time you avoid an encounter, it will also consume some travel time since the party is working its way around the creature, and it will still require a Move Silently check so the scouts can break contact with the enemy and catch up with you. (And note that if that Complication Dice hits 6/6, a complication will occur, which may include the enemy detecting you anyway, irrespective of the result. That's Complications.) Which brings us to the next possibility:

If something detects the scout:
    • If it's the sort of wild predator that immediately attacks, as is very likely in the wilderness, then when combat starts the rest of the party will always be 30 feet from scout's position. This is a deliberate abstraction; it's my way to try and make sure that if combat starts, four out of five players don't just post about how they're running through the jungle for the better part of a week. The scout's awareness will be that of the party, i.e. if he's surprised by the enemy, then everyone's surprised.
    • If it's the sort of opponent that sets ambushes, then it'll be taken to be aware of the whole party at once, not just the scout, and it may well wait for the right moment to properly spring the ambush on all of you. Combat will still be a case of the scout being 30 feet out from everyone else in the marching order.

I just wanted to spell it out so everyone's on the same table before we start. In terms of why I've chosen this set of working rules - my working theory as a DM is that it's best to let people have meaningful choices where they can and smooth out realism issues in order to keep the game going. I'm hoping this strikes the right balance. Happy to hear suggestions on it if need be (maybe by PM just to avoid clogging this thread) if you've DMed yourself and you've run situations where one PC is an outrider scout. This is just my way to work the issue.

Original Big 16 (for reference):
    Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    D&D 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Forgotten Realms. The particular part of the Realms where the adventure is set is southeastern Faerun, so it’s certainly open to more exotic choices such as characters from Calimshan or possibly Kara-Tur (i.e. OA if you feel so inclined).

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4-5.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    Right here on OOTS!

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 5.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Standard wealth by level for level 5.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    No homebrew and no psionics – I have no experience with them.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    No homebrew. To make the choices more interesting, you can ignore level adjustment for the purposes of choosing races … subject to your choice of class and my approval. To be more explicit about it, for at least spellcasting classes like mage and cleric, LA will operate as normal because it just adds more power to classes that don’t need it. On the other hand, mundane or martial classes will most likely have LA ignored because I can account for it or it just gives a little more oomph. If you plan on some sort of gish then please raise your concept or build stub with me so I can set the appropriate LA (if needed). Also note: racial hit dice functions as normal even if LA is ignored. Also also note: bear in mind you’re going to be adventuring in relatively civilised areas for at least part of the adventure, so don’t necessarily assume that Half-Minotaur Illithid you’ve always wanted to try out is going to fly.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    For each stat, roll 4d6 and take the best three numbers that come up (in dice code I think this is done by 4d6b3 if I remember right.) Generate three sets of 6 numbers using this method and take the set that most suits you. Sorry, no point buy available on this, put your trust in the RNG. 

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    It does use alignment. I disallow all characters with alignments of Lawful Stupid or Chaotic Idiot. If you’re going to create an evil character, make sure s/he’s a sociable one, although really I’d prefer good or neutral characters if we get right down to it.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    No particular rules on multiclassing.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Largely the dice rolling will be done here on OOTS, but I reserve the right to make DM rolls offline and indeed in secret in order to get combat updates (and updates generally) done faster.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    I do have some variations about how I handle group initiative, overland travel, and the passage of time, which I set out further down.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    I take the view that character is mainly formed through what that character does during the adventure, so don’t feel like you have to write long, involved character backgrounds. Also don’t feel constrained to set long-term character goals as such, the campaign runs from roughly levels 5-10 or so. The main thing is that everyone’s going to wind up as part of a small adventuring company, so you need not all come from the same place, and you’re all going to be strangers to the place you’re going to be adventuring. After selection I will also give people the option to twine some of their character backgrounds together if they want, so it doesn’t have to be completely set in stone, it just has to be interesting for reasons other than being an edgelord’s backstory.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    It’s mostly hack and slash with some roleplaying. It’s not an intrigue adventure by any means. Mostly wilderness, don’t expect long dungeoncrawls here.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    No homebrew and no psionics, but otherwise pretty well all rulebooks and supplements are open, including un-updated stuff from 3.0. Yes, Dragon magazine is open. Yes, Tome of Battle is open and I like it a lot. I will consider isolated pull-outs from Pathfinder on a case-by-case basis. The only items I disallow are Everfull Mugs, Everlasting Rations, and any other items which give you a limitless or automatically replenishing supply of food and/or water.

On the subject of flaws: you may take up to two flaws. You may also take a [Regional] feat for free if you otherwise meet its prerequisites.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Red Hand of Doom 3.5 OOC Thread III

Well, I hope we're getting a lot of bonus XP for this at least.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can Vokon even take actions right now?

According to my math, he's at 0 dexterity until/unless the entanglement is taken care of.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Y'know, the average Dex damage on Shivering Touch is 10.5. Combined with the Entangle the one who set it off was almost guaranteed to be completely neutralized.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    Probably worth clarifying here that any other Shivering Touch rune out here won't touch Mikolt even if it triggered. It's a single-target spell, i.e. the poor chap with a 'G' in his alignment who triggered the rune. The reason you've got a green blob all over the field is because Entangle fires as an area effect; Vokon was unfortunately just the centre of the green blast. Those from the deeper end of the alignment pool likely will not trigger off any other runes out here, although they might be caught in an area effect ... assuming there are any more Entangle runes out here.
    [EVIL laughter!] Cool. (Relatively speaking.) I mean, I doubt they'd put an Entangle rune (or anything indiscriminate) on top of their own tower, right?

Guess he'll have to fly in and see, won't he?
    Don't do it, Alhallor! It's a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by Aracor View Post
    Can Vokon even take actions right now?
    He should be, I think, as long as these actions don't require him to move (any part of his body).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Don't you have to be able to move to use maneuvers?

Extended sig here.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Don't do it, Alhallor! It's a trap!
    But... The runes... They look so very... Enticing!

On another note, from the SRD.

A character with Dexterity 0 is paralyzed

Paralyzed = A paralyzed character is frozen in place and unable to move or act. A paralyzed character has effective Dexterity and Strength scores of 0 and is helpless, but can take purely mental actions. A winged creature flying in the air at the time that it becomes paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A paralyzed swimmer can’t swim and may drown. A creature can move through a space occupied by a paralyzed creature—ally or not. Each square occupied by a paralyzed creature, however, counts as 2 squares.

And From ToB

To Initiate a maneuver or stance you must be able to move... Welp
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-11-10 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Well, even if he can use it with a mental action, it's only one source of a condition at a time.

Then again, RAW of IHS means he can annihilate the Entangle via IMMENSE BICEPS FLEXING, which is probably good enough for more than one reason.

Extended sig here.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Do I have line of sight towards the eastern ogre or does he have cover because of the palisade?

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Do I have line of sight towards the eastern ogre or does he have cover because of the palisade?
    He has cover from whee he is.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Immense Bicep Flexing Energy
    Immense Bicep Flexing Energy Makes Plants Scared Of Vokon
    *sniggers*

Also preemptively making my bison's Reflex save: (1d20+4)[10]

Extended sig here.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

...Oh boy, that's just barely not enough is it?

Extended sig here.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I'm afraid Immense Bison Flexing Energy is not as impressive as Immense Bicep Flexing Energy, no.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Well, phooey.

Also that's definitely a rare sentence.

Extended sig here.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Well, phooey.

Also that's definitely a rare sentence.
    It should be, I steaked the whole thread on it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

It should be, I steaked the whole thread on it.
    You did NOT just.

Extended sig here.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    You did NOT just.
    Certainly not, I used a jus.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

*internal screaming*

Extended sig here.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Inviting Saintheart puns is just oxen for trouble.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Inviting Saintheart puns is just oxen for trouble.
    Good thing I'm the cow-ardly sort.

21. - Top - End - #21

Awww, I was hoping that the plants being scared would have actually completely annihilated the entangle effect itself.

But then I would have missed out on these puns. They don't seem to be well done, and they may have made danielxcutter a little salty.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Aw, looks like Immense Bison Flexing Energy really isn't as good as Immense Bicep Flexing Energy after all.

On the other hand I am going to have fun mining the area between me and Keda and the gate with spells.

Edit: Etu, Aracor?
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2022-11-15 at 09:29 AM.

Extended sig here.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

IRON HEART SURGE for the win! (Things are starting to look good-ish, actually.)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    (Things are starting to look good-ish, actually.)
    Yyyyeah, um ... about that ...

25. - Top - End - #25

Arendi has the Travel domain, which kicks in automatically, right?

Oh. That probably doesn't help against the dexterity damage. Crud.
    Last edited by Aracor; 2022-11-16 at 09:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Aracor View Post
    Arendi has the Travel domain, which kicks in automatically, right?
    Sure, it'll help with the Entangle effect (and I forgot he had it), but Travel domain doesn't help with 10 DEX damage, unfortunately.

EDIT: Yeah. Um. *ahem*

27. - Top - End - #27

Okay. We definitely can't risk triggering the last runes except maybe with our bison. Another shivering touch will almost definitely disable Vokon, and will badly damage and still MAY potentially disable anyone else who triggers it.

Vokon and bison are WAY out of position to help with that new group, which may be why they decided to head out north rather than south.

What are the chances that Keda could grab Arendi and get back around the tower? Our best option may be to try to force them to come to us. They'll probably get slowed down and potentially disrupted by the entangle effect, same as us.

Vokon COULD try to smash the south door. Good news: That would give him access to the tower. Bad news: That would give him access to the tower, which is now full of damaged and likely pissed off ogre.

Vokon would still be quite willing to be "boinked" by Alastor anywhere that he's useful, up to and including into the other entangle spell just to get Arendi out of there.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Oh why do I even bother.

Extended sig here.

29. - Top - End - #29

@Alhallor

Isn't hail of stone a one round cast time like a summon spell? So you start it now, but it doesn't go off until the you come up on initiative again?

And if so, do you want to risk a spell like that when you're in the air and an easy target?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

@Aracor:

It is. I'm bad at reading spell descriptions. Can I change my action or am I stuck?