New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Worldbuilding and setting up the two big bad guys for it. D&D 3.5

World building and setting up the two big bad guys for it. D&D 3.5

Ok I am setting up a 3.5 were the characters are members group of inquisitor in the Empires capital as a war between a vampire lord and group of Lycanthropes (Werewolves and Dire Variant as well) And to make things interesting I am considering making both sides Gestalt For game mechanics reasons

Now Given that these groups don’t live in a vacuum I decided to start with the city the Empires capital.

With the main Layout is layers of gates sort of like a large cake. With the imperial palace at the Center.
    There is a Martial adapts academy that is attended to by mostly the sons and daughters of the Nobility. With only a quarter being from families that can pay to have their children attend.

As well as a mages collage for the more magically gifted.

Well as a cathedral dedicated to Saint Cuthbert but there is a good amount of the population worshipping Wee Jas in private. Also, under the city in the Necropolis sort of like modern Paris but I put this one with the sewer system purposely below the Necropolis.
    There is the civic district and a grand arena.

Other than that there is everything you will expect in an imperial capital

One minor notable is that there is slavery in the empire. I know for the vampires that is a major thing as it is the ability to have a food source that people have. As they can buy use and they make disappear.

So if you were an aspiring vampire lord or leader of a clan of Lycanthropes what would you set up in the city

I am very interested to see what you guys would think. that they could set up in the city.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Worldbuilding and setting up the two big bad guys for it. D&D 3.5

I suspect there is a reason to put a catacomb below a sewer rather than above it... Don't want bones and dead body gunk getting into the water.

There would definitely be haunts and lurks where vampires and werewolves hang out and conspire against eachother.

A tavern that doubles as a vampire base would definitely have a "Welcome!" sign above the door, and perhaps they would have some bottles of blood in the back.

Werewolves might tent more towards hunting lodges at the edges of town. They need somewhere to display animal trophies. These places would not have any sort of welcome sign on the door though.

Vampires would definitely want a casket maker's warehouse as a base as well. They can hide in there, any nobody is going to be able to tell.

If there are any nearby woods, the werewolves deffo control them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Worldbuilding and setting up the two big bad guys for it. D&D 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by D&D_Fan View Post
    I suspect there is a reason to put a catacomb below a sewer rather than above it... Don't want bones and dead body gunk getting into the water.
    It's a sewer, not a water main. The small quantity of contamination from the catacombs would be a drop in the bucket, so to speak, in its pollution. And most people wouldn't want the reverse happening, having to deal with sewer leakage when interring a body or having their loved ones' final resting places sullied.