New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Comedy: "Busted!" Season One

I do not know what happened with the kills. I used my ability on BW - whether it went through or not, what the wolves did, whether BW was targeting JeenLeen or someone else, I don't know. Maybe the wolves killed JL and had BW target BCH?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Why wouldn't wolves want to save a "beast"
    Because it's an extra kill to them, presumably unblockable if lynched, against a town network? Only reason they would save it is if the network is compromised somehow and they don't want to kill into it.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I do not know what happened with the kills. I used my ability on BW - whether it went through or not, what the wolves did, whether BW was targeting JeenLeen or someone else, I don't know. Maybe the wolves killed JL and had BW target BCH?

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's an extra kill to them, presumably unblockable if lynched, against a town network? Only reason they would save it is if the network is compromised somehow and they don't want to kill into it.
    If I'm wolf then the network was so compromised.

I literally knew who all the claimed PRs were.

Illven can even confirm that part at least.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    If I'm wolf then the network was so compromised.

I literally knew who all the claimed PRs were.

Illven can even confirm that part at least.
    Who are they, then? Cazero and Kraken?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

Who are they, then? Cazero and Kraken?
    I too out my information to wolves in threads.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I'm glad that this day is only 24 hours, I don't think much is going to change. I would like to see Ti claim, but I don't think it changes things, does it?
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I too out my information to wolves in threads.
    ? I asked you who you think the wolves are if it's not you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Well, I'm glad that this day is only 24 hours, I don't think much is going to change. I would like to see Ti claim, but I don't think it changes things, does it?
    I mean, look at this? No townie would write something like this. "Oh I wish the ML goes through fast before people have time to reconsider."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427

When Murska flips wolf, it will 100% confirm Blade as town (I can't see bussing this ruthless at this stage of the game). BatCatHat is town. I'll be confirmed town. Illven is confirmed town. Zelphas is survivor (or a really nice SK). Leaves only Cazero and Ti, and of the two Ti is looking much sketchier here. Blade, you weren't kidding about this being solved.

Though of course, AV is doubtless laughing about what we're all missing.

Blade, Illven, Bat - do you think guessing at the bastard mechanic is worth revealing a potential town ace up our sleeve? (Side note I am going to feel like an idiot if I missed a flip early that explains it - this has not been the most engaged game for me).

- - - Updated - - -

? I asked you who you think the wolves are if it's not you.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, look at this? No townie would write something like this. "Oh I wish the ML goes through fast before people have time to reconsider."
    Like, what is there to reconsider. Unless Blade, Cazero and I are in some grand, evil alliance between a second, evil neutral and the two remaining wolves, you have been caught red-handed in a lie.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Like, what is there to reconsider. Unless Blade, Cazero and I are in some grand, evil alliance between a second, evil neutral and the two remaining wolves, you have been caught red-handed in a lie.
    I am not certain Blade needs to be in on it, but yes, that's what I'm saying. We know for a fact there are two wolves and one evil neutral left, and we know for a fact that if they manage a mislynch today they win the game. And today starts with a surprise accusation by a player who's thus far been suspected by everyone, claiming that they are a role that cannot be in the game, and that if it had been in the game would have claimed earlier. An accusation against me, whom the wolves know isn't part of the network but is widely townread because I haven't done anything wolfy this entire game, because the wolves can't risk accusing someone who secretly is part of the network. You do the math.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I don't think I agree with Murska, but he does raise a good point about "Where the heck is the second kill from in this scenario?"

Batcathat and Illven are mechanically confirmed to be town, according to JeenLeen, who was mechanically confirmed to be town, and our seer, who was mechanically confirmed to be the town seer. Bladescape is believed to be town by all of the currently living confirmed townies.

Under this set of assumptions, Kraken and Cazero must be town too, because Kraken is Watcher and for Cazero's evidence to be trustworthy, Cazero is too.

Zelphas has claimed survivor and is currently believed.

We can rule out Batcathat being a vigilante because they would have claimed to the network and someone would have come forward with that information. Presumably, so would Illven if she was the vigilante.

Cazero is claiming to have made a chat, meaning he's not a town power role. Same for blade. Also, if Kraken is a watcher, Cazero being a vigilante would require he shot the innocent child after managing to sniff out two wolves.

Somehow I suspect that town!Cazero did not do this thing.

And Zelphas's voider claim would have been frankly unhinged from a (non-voider) townie.

So something is fishy here.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Colossus in the Playground

I am not certain Blade needs to be in on it, but yes, that's what I'm saying. We know for a fact there are two wolves and one evil neutral left, and we know for a fact that if they manage a mislynch today they win the game. And today starts with a surprise accusation by a player who's thus far been suspected by everyone, claiming that they are a role that cannot be in the game, and that if it had been in the game would have claimed earlier. An accusation against me, whom the wolves know isn't part of the network but is widely townread because I haven't done anything wolfy this entire game, because the wolves can't risk accusing someone who secretly is part of the network. You do the math.
    But if they are part of some grand evil alliance, why serial kill a wolf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    Cazero is claiming to have made a chat, meaning he's not a town power role. Same for blade. Also, if Kraken is a watcher, Cazero being a vigilante would require he shot the innocent child after managing to sniff out two wolves.
    If Kraken is watcher, then Cazero simply couldn't be a vig or sk. Cause then who killed Bookwombat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

But if they are part of some grand evil alliance, why serial kill a wolf?
    Presumably they weren't in contact before tonight?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432

Presumably they weren't in contact before tonight?
    So argument is they engaged in some grand conspiracy in 2~ hours.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

So argument is they engaged in some grand conspiracy in 2~ hours.
    Precisely. "Hey, we're both going to get lynched by the town network. How about we push a ML today and then we have lynch control?" "Sure."

- - - Updated - - -

This also proves I can't be a wolf, because I wasn't online during that time.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434

1) I didn't claim because I would have been immediately killed if I did, because it's a strong information-gathering role that can't protect itself. Especially since me being a watcher/lookout means that it's improbable that there is someone else to watch me and expose wolves in doing so. I should have revealed earlier, but I missed the discrepancy between your claim and actual targeting due to IRL business.

2) We don't know that there is one evil neutral left. What are you basing this on? There are other plausible explanations for the single time we had a double-kill.

3) I have not been suspected by everyone - Taffimai, a confirmed wolf, tried to start a wagon on me D2. That's pretty much been the extent of the suspicion. Hell, Blade only got aggressive towards me after I prodded him for a role based on my results.

4) "Cannot be in the game" is a WILD claim and incorrect.

5) How would wolves not know you were in the network? Again, this seems like a huge risk to take.

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely. "Hey, we're both going to get lynched by the town network. How about we push a ML today and then we have lynch control?" "Sure."

- - - Updated - - -

This also proves I can't be a wolf, because I wasn't online during that time.
    WHAT.

"In this hypothetical, impromptu, incredibly-hasty conspiracy I have concocted to prove my innocence, I couldn't have been a part of this same conspiracy that proves my innocence! Take that, I am irrefutably not a wolf!"
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

If Kraken is watcher, then Cazero simply couldn't be a vig or sk. Cause then who killed Bookwombat?
    Also a good way of ruling him out. So, since we did have two kills on the same night at one point, and I doubt wolves shot their own alpha, where did the second one come from, in this scenario?

16. - Top - End - #436

Wait, are you saying you can't have been a wolf because you weren't online at a specific time?

The only way that would work, is if we had one wolf remaining, you were gone for the whole day, and we still had a kill. Not that that couldn't be a vig or SK but that would at least be evidence.

Not. I wasn't on for a total of 2 hours.

@Kraken. I'm not sure there's an evil neutral. But there has to be someone that killed the two wolves.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

3) I have not been suspected by everyone - Taffimai, a confirmed wolf, tried to start a wagon on me D2. That's pretty much been the extent of the suspicion. Hell, Blade only got aggressive towards me after I prodded him for a role based on my results.
    In the interests of accuracy I feel the need to note that I also called you out for going "Wow, this dude is suspicious! But I'm gonna vote on his recommendation.", although I didn't push it much thereafter.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2022-12-01 at 10:26 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    In the interests of accuracy I feel the need to note that I also called you out for going "Wow, this dude is suspicious! But I'm gonna vote on his recommendation.", although I didn't push it much thereafter.
    Ah yeah, that's fair. But it's hardly what Murska is claiming.

I think the answer is that either Zelphas has the ability to kill, or we have a Vig, or we have some bastardry going on.

Also, I think I understand how Illven was mechanically cleared? Either that or I am very lost.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

I've considered Zelphas but I just don't see the motive for the claim that killed Xumtiil.

As for Illven, since you didn't clear her, the only way to clear her I can see is what Murska proposed. Or Blade is another seer.

20. - Top - End - #440

Okay so I have gone back and confirmed that nothing that has happened so far this game would explain it, so at the very least I have knowledge of either the bastard mechanic, an ability a player as that was not disclosed, or AV being a tricky bastard with wording.

To the people who are (probably) not wolves - is it worth revealing this if it helps us figure out what's going on, since the wolves would also have the information?
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Lots of talking, not much to change my mind or my vote.

To the people who are (probably) not wolves - is it worth revealing this if it helps us figure out what's going on, since the wolves would also have the information?
    Since we know who we're lynching anyway, I think it's probably best to wait (though probably not later than sometime in the night, in case you don't survive).

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Anyone else had te distinct feeling that Illven got pocketed by bladescape the whole game?
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

23. - Top - End - #443

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Anyone else had te distinct feeling that Illven got pocketed by bladescape the whole game?
    For this to be the case, Blade would have to be a wolf. This means that he would have spent all game networking town members, and just exposed Murska as a fellow wolf for no reason other than to confirm himself as town. It's possible, he's the calibre of player that would do it, but it's very unlikely.

And if Blade and I are wolves and making it up about Murska, then how do you explain me knowing you targeted Jeen last night, Cazero? A watcher-like powerset would be almost useless on a wolf.

No, it's possible Blade and Jeen are wrong about Illven, but I don't see this being a pocket. Other than BatCatHat, who was cleared by a seer, he's the most cleared in my mind.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-12-01 at 12:33 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Game Over

With the remaining girls presenting a united front, the conspiracy to cut down the competition was on its last legs. The two acknowledged the futility of continuing and split apart, vowing to return to earn Cassie's heart once everyone has forgotten about the time they tried to ruin everything to get her for themselves.

Scum team has surrendered, game is over. Public Channels and Chat Channels will be made public shortly.

Spoiler: Roles
    Show
    3SecondCultist

You are the Geek Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

Genre Savvy: You're pretty sure you've seen this in a movie before! Each night, select one player. You learn their role name, alignment, fluff text, or mechanical powers (your choice).

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Aleph Null

You are the Otaku Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

Wrong Genre Savvy: You're pretty sure you saw this in a movie once! You are told you are the Geek Girl. Each night, select one player. You do not learn their role name, alignment, fluff text, or mechanical powers (your choice), but instead learn that information for one random girl. You are told that information as if it is true for the girl you targeted.

Batcathat

You are the Childhood Friend Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam are eliminated.

Best Friends Forever: The two of you grew up practically as sisters, and maybe became more than friends later on. You start the game in contact with each other.

I've Got Your Back: You can always count on me! Each night, select one player. That player cannot be affected by other powers tonight. You may not use this power on the same night your partner does.

bladescape

You are the Classy Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

School Queen: Everybody wants to be your friend and confidant, even if just for a moment. Each night, select two players. At the end of the night phase, they will be placed in a private chat together.

Book Wombat

You are the Pervert Girl, scum. You win when your team can no longer be outvoted.

Blackmail Material: You collect naughty pics of your competitors out of habit, just in case they try to take you down. Each phase, select one player. If you die during that phase, that player also dies. You may not use this power on the same night you use Playing Cupid.

Playing Cupid: You have a knack for figuring out who's compatible with who, and setting them up to have a little private time together. Each night phase, select two players. At the end of the night phase, those players will be placed in a private chat. You may not use this power on the same night you use Blackmail Material.

Cazero

You are the Sporty Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

The Big Game: Everyone's gonna be there! Each night, select two players. At the end of the night phase, they will be placed in a private chat together.

Illven

You are the Childhood Friend Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam are eliminated.

Best Friends Forever: The two of you grew up practically as sisters, and maybe became more than friends later on. You start the game in contact with each other.

I've Got Your Back: You can always count on me! Each night, select one player. That player cannot be affected by other powers tonight. You may not use this power on the same night your partner does.

JeenLeen

You are the Clumsy Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

Easily Forgiven: Hard to blame you when it's just bad luck and klutzing. At any single point during the game, you may request that the narrator publicly announce you as The Clumsy Girl, a confirmed member of town.

Lady Serpentine

You are the Iinchou Girl, scum. You win when your team can no longer be outvoted.

Hall Monitor: You take your duties very seriously, making sure there's no rule breakers on the prowl. Each night phase, select one player. Their power fails to work tonight. You may not use this power on the same night you use Teacher's Aide.

Teacher's Aide: You're frequently called upon to play tutor, or to refer students to another tutor if you can't help. Each night phase, select two players. At the end of the night phase, those players will be placed in a private chat. You may not use this power on the same night you use Hall Monitor.

Let'sGetKraken

You are the Detective Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam are eliminated.

Case The Joint: Time for a stakeout! Each night, select one player. You learn the names of any players who target that player. You may not use this on the same night you use Enthusiastic Walk.

Enthusiastic Walk: It's not stalking, geez! Each night, select one player. You learn the names of any players they target. You may not use this on the same night you use Case The Joint.

Murska

You are the Nurse Girl, scum. You win when your team can no longer be outvoted.

Checkup: At any time, you can call in one of the other girl's for a medical checkup, letting you get a better handle on them. Each night, select one player. You learn their role name, alignment, fluff text, and mechanical powers. You may not use this power on the same night you use Waiting Room.

Waiting Room: You're so busy that sometimes the girls you call for a checkup will just have to wait outside for a few minutes. Each night phase, select two players. At the end of the night phase, those players will be placed in a private chat. You may not use this power on the same night you use Checkup.

Persolus

You are the Sorority Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

Party Time: It's gonna be the best party every, and everyone's invited! Each night, select two players. At the end of the night phase, they will be placed in a private chat together.

Snowblaze

You are the Theatre Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

My Big Break: You've just gotta support me on this, pretty please! Each night, select two players. At the end of the night phase, they will be placed in a private chat together.

Taffimai

You are the Werewolf Girl, scum. You win when your team can no longer be outvoted.

The Nose Knows: Your keen sense of smell can sniff out co-conspirators. At the start of the game, choose three players. They will become members of scumteam, with randomly assigned roles.

Of Course I'm A Wolf: You can't just go around accusing whoever you want of being a wolf, Cassie. If your alignment would be scried, you detect as a member of the town.

Xihirli

You are the Escort Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam are eliminated.

Spend The Night: Lil too raunchy for public television! Each night, select one player. They cannot be targeted by any power except this one tonight, but also they cannot use any powers tonight. This does not affect passive abilities, only active ones.

Xumtiil

You are the Delinquent Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

You've Got Moxxy: You're allowed to hang out with the tough girls today, but don't push it. Each night, select two players. At the end of the night phase, they will be placed in a private chat together.

Zelphas

You are the Teacher Girl, neutral. You win if you're still in the game by the time it ends.

Fun Police: It's your job to keep things focused on schoolwork. Each night, select one player. That player cannot use any powers tonight. This only affects active powers, not passive ones. You may not use this the same night you use Tutoring.

Tutoring: You know just who can help that student with this issue! Each night, select two players. At the end of the night phase, those two players are placed in a private chat. You may not use this the same night you use Fun Police.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-12-01 at 12:41 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Game over. Cool.

When y'all have time to see the Deadchat and discover the bastard mechanic, things will make a ton more sense. We of the dead likely would have killed Lady Serpentine during the Night if the game had lasted that long.

"Goth Girl" thing was completely made up based on nothing. Sorry for the confusion, Kraken, but what you posted would have helped us some with the Night decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear, I accidentally leaked to bladescape that Illven was a mason. He might've reached that decision on his own anyhow, but I posted something in his Channel I meant to post in hers.

26. - Top - End - #446

Yeah, I knew that the dead chat had some active abilitity, since they targeted Jeen N3.

Wolves had really bad luck and an uphill battle and still had a really strong showing. Good game and well played.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Good game, everyone. Special thanks to AV for narrating and Illven for being my first ever mason buddy (I think?), I kind of wish I'd been better at explaining things to a new player but at least it worked out in the end.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

There were so many town PRs.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449

RedKnightGirl

Thanks for the game everybody (especially to my fantastic team that almost carried!) ❤️
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Good game all!
    Who wants to join a new one with a few similarities?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!