New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Comedy: "Busted!" Season One

Either a clever pocket or Murska is town.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    I'm still inclined to push 3SecondCultist for that bit about other people disliking survivor claims when nobody but the survivor had said anything. That's a mistake that seems legitimately hard to make in circumstances that arenn't mixing up what was said in public and what wasn't.
    In addition, Xi was the first person to vote for 3second, and they ended up dead. Revenge perhaps.

3secondcultist
    Last edited by Illven; 2022-11-20 at 05:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183

Bold ya vote.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Persolus - 5 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm Persolus and think that you shouldn't kill me first round!

yeah yeah, i, like, totally don't dig Lady Serpentine's vibes
    she's like completely not chill at all, even google thinks she's weird
    Cass - i can call you cass right? good - you should hang out with me instead

Lady Serpentine, by order of the allmighty Google Random Number Generator, you are my start-off vote.
    Opening post. Random vote. Trying a bit too much to act casual? Doesn't scream town to me.

A "Wagon" is a bunch of people voting on the same person. You "jump on a wagon" by voting for someone who already has a bunch of votes. A D1 Wagon is a Wagon that forms on Day 1.
    [other related abbreviations are N1 - night one, EoD1 - end of day 1, LYLO - LYnch or LOse i.e. there are so few people left that if town goofs up on who to kill it's game over]
    Big warning sign. Posting 'helpful advice' or rules clarifications or explaining terms without providing anything of value to actually hunting wolves. This is what happens when a wolf wants to look like they're contributing without actually contributing.

ughhh, do you even read? it's, like, the same thing i say at the start of every game
    plus, i'm, like, totally town, it's just, i have a life too, ya know?

Unless I've counted wrong:
    3SecondCultist - 3 Xihirli, Murska, Ilven

Snowblaze - 2 Let'sGetKraken, Book Wombat
    Zelphas - 2 Lady Serpentine, Bladescape
    Lady Serpentine - 2 3SecondCultist, Persolus
    Let'sGetKraken - 2 Taffimai, Snowblaze
    Murska - 2 Aleph Null, JeenLeen

Bladescape - 1 Batcathat
    Book Wombat - 1 Cazero
    Cazero - 1 Zelphas
    Persolus - 1 Xumtiil

Personally, I still don't know you all well enough to get reads off of what's been said so far, so I don't have much else yet.

@BatCatHat any opinion on the Let'sGetKraken wagon, which i think you missed in your analysis?

@JeenLeen I have asked AV about this power, and that was one thing she did actually give me a straight answer on - yes, it still exists.

@Taffimai as snow mentioned, please cross out your initial vote on Xumtiil
    Guess what's another thing wolves do to seem helpful without contributing? That's right, vote counts!

Notice that Theatre Girl states "any two players," so that point is moot.
    And another one! Literally three of their five posts are big wolf-tells. Whoo boy.

Persolus

- - - Updated - - -

Cazero - 6 posts

Null opening. Mostly RP in posts. But I think they're town for some of the posts they've made, and I'm not going to elaborate. However, they really should put some work into solving, however nerdy that might seem. Pull your weight.

Illven - 7 posts

Joins my case on 3SC... without actually saying that's what they're doing, apparently 'by accident'? I think that's not something a wolf would do. A wolf would probably read the thread, and maybe join the wagon (assuming they want to put a vote there) by saying something like "I agree with your reasoning", not make up a different reason. Although wolves can be oblivious and accidentally join wagons too, but they're maybe more likely to pay attention.

Overall, they mostly seem pretty clueless and I get a town vibe out of that. Definitely no coaching going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Possibly dumb question, but is it possible for a wolf power, or game effect to falsely reveal a lynched character's "class"
    This post seems somehow off tone though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still inclined to push 3SecondCultist for that bit about other people disliking survivor claims when nobody but the survivor had said anything. That's a mistake that seems legitimately hard to make in circumstances that arenn't mixing up what was said in public and what wasn't.
    Now that I've read day 2 as well, this is actually a good point.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #185

I now have a Murska living somewhat in my head.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

My thoughts on the four "wagons":

Batcathat: I still think he was wolfy yesterday, and today he has... commented on the neutral and the NKs But if Bladescape is town then he's more likely to be correct than I am, and if he's a wolf he wouldn't so pointedly have ignored my Batcathat vote yesterday if they're partners, so then it's more likely tmi. Also I'd prefer not to make the same mistake again so soon.

Cultist: I would prefer not to kill Cultist today. Baa Snow baaa. Would enjoy reads though.

Murska: I can follow the logic behind his reads so I'm leaning town. Either way I'm not willing to vote someone who is actually solving until much closer to LyLo.

Persolus: In Utropia he was one of the most obvious towns and now he's not. Awaiting read(s).

There are too many people not participating to solve this game. I don't want to see an F5 full of people with under 10 posts each.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Murska is persuasive. I'm willing to go for Persolus

@Zelphas: I find your role a little questionable. Want to give the power details?

- - - Updated - - -

For what little it's worth, I got confirmation from AV that, if Xi had targeted me, any networking involving me would have failed.
    Also, everyone who has networked with me says they targeted me and themself.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Nerd ! *bonk*

Neeerd ! *bonk*

Also, after rereading I realised I completely misread 3SC. You get a preemptive bonk for probably being a nerd ! *bonk*

Remember, I do this for your own safety !
    Safety or no, I will not have violence in this class, even if we're on this 'unorthodox field trip'! Please restrain yourself from, erm, bonk-ing your classmates. And I still haven't seen your poem...

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    @Zelphas: I find your role a little questionable. Want to give the power details?
    I can give a part of it at this point, sure! I'm the Teacher Girl, neutral. I win if I'm still in the game by the time that it ends.

I have the "Tutoring" power, which lets me put two people of my choice into a private chat. I missed JeenLeen's request for contact last night, or else I probably would've picked them.

---

Regarding the conversation that's currently going on: I don't know if I agree with Murska's tells on Persolus; clarifying advice and vote counts both seem really helpful to new players just coming in, and since Persolus was until recently brand new to these games I could see him just trying to help out.

I think I'm going to place my vote on 3SecondCultist until I can sit down and actually formulate opinions tomorrow before EoD, though the vote feels a bit too much like OMGUS from Day 1 even as I write it.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: I was replying to JeenLeen and talked about them in the third person. Great reading comprehension, me.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]
    I can give a part of it at this point, sure! I'm the Teacher Girl, neutral. I win if I'm still in the game by the time that it ends.

I have the "Tutoring" power, which lets me put two people of my choice into a private chat. I missed JeenLeen's request for contact last night, or else I probably would've picked them.

---

Regarding the conversation that's currently going on: I don't know if I agree with Murska's tells on Persolus; clarifying advice and vote counts both seem really helpful to new players just coming in, and since Persolus was until recently brand new to these games I could see him just trying to help out.

I think I'm going to place my vote on 3SecondCultist until I can sit down and actually formulate opinions tomorrow before EoD, though the vote feels a bit too much like OMGUS from Day 1 even as I write it.
    So you claim Survivor, but our power is the same as vanillager?
    That seems... improbable. I don't put it past game design, but I'd think the Survivor would have something to help them survive. Usually there's some built-in immunity, JOAT, or something. That said, I don't want to vote you just for getting an unlikely power set/role.

But if Persolus flips wolf and 3SC town, then you look a good bit wolfier based on your comments in this post.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, if Zelphas were a lying wolf, that'd a pretty bad power to lie about hand-in-hand with being Survivor. So pro-neutral points there, I guess.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. I'd missed it earlier, but... I don't see anyone else saying they dislike survivor claims. In fact, nobody else had posted at all after that claim, except Zelphas, whose post was after 3SC mentioned it (and who's the survivor in question, to boot).

So, who are those "other people" 3SC is talking about? We haven't had a night for there to be private town chats yet, so that looks to me like an instance of a wolf forgetting what was said where.
    Yes, you caught me in a blatant TMI wolfspew on N1. Congratulations.

In this case, I am not referring to comments made in this thread, but in a past one. I forget which game it was that Cao was the Survivor (it was Tarot Club I think?), but there was a conversation in that game about at least a few other players disliking Survivor claims. Go back and check it if you don’t believe me. IIRC it was Kraken who made those comments as well, along with others.

I am too tired to provide an updated reads list, but I will tomorrow certainly. I do not have a placeholder vote I feel passionate about, but will continue to vote Zelphas (for the same reasons I had before; better a Survivor get mislynched than a townie).
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-11-21 at 11:59 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

First off, apologies for being very absent - school has decided to get unusually busy, but I will do my best to catch up on everything in a couple of hours.

A few quick things I can say before then:

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Persolus: In Utropia he was one of the most obvious towns and now he's not. Awaiting read(s).
    Apologies, see above will get those in before (my) tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Persolus - 5 posts

Opening post. Random vote. Trying a bit too much to act casual? Doesn't scream town to me.
    I said the precise same opening line in Utropia and Candy-Coated, and will probably continue to do so. If you're going to consider me as wolf, please don't let that line be the reason you decide.

Big warning sign. Posting 'helpful advice' or rules clarifications or explaining terms without providing anything of value to actually hunting wolves. This is what happens when a wolf wants to look like they're contributing without actually contributing.
    ...I am attempting to provide the same service that I was extremely grateful for other players providing to me in previous games. It also had the side benefit of something that was quick and easy to do, so as to fit into above-mentioned unexpected busyness.

Guess what's another thing wolves do to seem helpful without contributing? That's right, vote counts!
    ...this literally took me a full 15 minutes due to a) how strangely organised some of the votes were, b) how well I understand this site's mechanics and c) how well my brain works. I primarily did the vote count to see if it would give me any insight on what was going on, and unfortunately, it didn't.

Also, my first game was Utropia, in which it was vitally important to fully understand rules and roles and how they might interact - i am realising that this is not the case in most games, and am trying to avoid the tendency, but coupled with my designated role of what my family and friends refer to as "the talking rulebook" for new games, I appear to need to work a bit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    So you claim Survivor, but our power is the same as vanillager?
    That seems... improbable. I don't put it past game design, but I'd think the Survivor would have something to help them survive. Usually there's some built-in immunity, JOAT, or something. That said, I don't want to vote you just for getting an unlikely power set/role.

But if Persolus flips wolf and 3SC town, then you look a good bit wolfier based on your comments in this post.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, if Zelphas were a lying wolf, that'd a pretty bad power to lie about hand-in-hand with being Survivor. So pro-neutral points there, I guess.
    I would like to note that Zelphas did not state he only had the Tutoring power, merely that he had it, and if he had some sort of Not-Dying power, it would relate to night kills, due to AV's promise of "The Lynch Is Sacred." Therefore, if he revealed it, Town get no benefit (as we could off him just as easily with the lynch), but the Wolves would.

So long as there's uncertainty over this, the wolves have to decide if it's worth it to potentially waste a shot on a target that isn't strictly antagonistic to them.

Meaning that, if Zelphas does have a JOAT or alternate power, there is a better chance of him being alive to use it and therefore passing on the info to us. So as long as Zelphas hasn't gathered any valuable info (either from poor aim, wrong powers, or whatever reason), he shouldn't tell us if he has any additional powers.

12. - Top - End - #192

[What is a JOAT power? Cause I can only think Jack of all trades from D&D 5e bard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    [What is a JOAT power? Cause I can only think Jack of all trades from D&D 5e bard.
    One power people will occasionally see while playing these games is a Jack Of All Trades. Typically, the JOAT will have a handful of more common powers (kill, scry, bane, void, watch, sonar, etc), each of which can only be used once per game.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a decent case for either wagon, but what made me hesitant about Cultist D1 is still true, so I'll say Persolus for now.

15. - Top - End - #195

There's a really dumb reason Cultist could be 100% wolf here but I'm weighing up whether it's a stupid read or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Well actually there's two really dumb reasons.

But I'm ignoring "Not mindmelding with me" because it could purely be that 3SC is stuck on "Kill the survivor" where I don't care.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

It's not that posting helpful advice and rules clarifications and vote counts is bad. They can even be useful. But if a player is clearly paying enough attention to do that and putting in significant effort to write such helpful messages... yet not using that attention and putting in that effort to hunt for wolves, post reads, comments, ask or answer questions? That makes me think they don't have the motivation to do that, because they already know who the wolves are and their job is to hide rather than solve.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yes, you caught me in a blatant TMI wolfspew on N1. Congratulations.
    Not a TMI, exactly. A "I read things in wolfchat, and then read the thread, and forgot which things were said in wolfchat and which weren't". Which... Is just a thing that's gonna happen eventually to anyone who gets wolf enough times.

In this case, I am not referring to comments made in this thread, but in a past one. I forget which game it was that Cao was the Survivor (it was Tarot Club I think?), but there was a conversation in that game about at least a few other players disliking Survivor claims. Go back and check it if you don’t believe me. IIRC it was Kraken who made those comments as well, along with others.
    To be clear, I’m with the rest of the people on this thread who dislike survivor claims.
    (Emphasis mine.)

If you were not, in fact, referring to this thread I'd have expected you to not, you know. Explicitly call that part out. And anyway, this is kind of a weird explanation even taken at face value. Why would you go "I agree with what people said in a totally different game months ago said" instead of just stating your dislike?

This ties into another wolfy tendency. Wolves, on the whole, like to act like they're in a group with town. One way to look like that is to parrot statements that have been made by other townies even if they're not actually town-aligned statements. Sometimes this is deliberate, but it's also easy to get caught up in it and take it too far.

I am too tired to provide an updated reads list, but I will tomorrow certainly. I do not have a placeholder vote I feel passionate about, but will continue to vote Zelphas (for the same reasons I had before; better a Survivor get mislynched than a townie).
    An alternative formulation of this is "I would rather lynch a neutral than try to find a wolf". If we believe Zelphas's claim, there is no possibility of him being a wolf, so the only worse option for the lynch is JeenLeen. Literally any other choice is a better pick if you honestly buy his claim.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Not a TMI, exactly. A "I read things in wolfchat, and then read the thread, and forgot which things were said in wolfchat and which weren't". Which... Is just a thing that's gonna happen eventually to anyone who gets wolf enough times.

(Emphasis mine.)

If you were not, in fact, referring to this thread I'd have expected you to not, you know. Explicitly call that part out. And anyway, this is kind of a weird explanation even taken at face value. Why would you go "I agree with what people said in a totally different game months ago said" instead of just stating your dislike?

This ties into another wolfy tendency. Wolves, on the whole, like to act like they're in a group with town. One way to look like that is to parrot statements that have been made by other townies even if they're not actually town-aligned statements. Sometimes this is deliberate, but it's also easy to get caught up in it and take it too far.

An alternative formulation of this is "I would rather lynch a neutral than try to find a wolf". If we believe Zelphas's claim, there is no possibility of him being a wolf, so the only worse option for the lynch is JeenLeen. Literally any other choice is a better pick if you honestly buy his claim.
    Ugh, you have got this so wrong. What I meant was people who are currently in this thread who have in the past expressed dislike for Survivor claims.

And I did state my dislike. I straight up said that I, like other people, share a dislike of Survivor claims. That, by itself, is a clear indication that I am not a fan of Zelphas’ claim. The rest of it, you’re just off on.

I’m in a bad mood today as well, busy at work and no time to dig in and solve before EoD. Apologies for the sake of the gamestate there. If that means I am mislynched today for being unhelpful, so be it. I am somehow still one of the top posters in this game, which is a sorry statement in and of itself.

I will jump on the Persolus wagon for self-preservation now, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    There's a really dumb reason Cultist could be 100% wolf here but I'm weighing up whether it's a stupid read or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Well actually there's two really dumb reasons.

But I'm ignoring "Not mindmelding with me" because it could purely be that 3SC is stuck on "Kill the survivor" where I don't care.
    I’m not mindmelding with you mostly because I have not had even half the time I did last game. I probably should not have signed up this go around.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-11-21 at 11:59 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Safety or no, I will not have violence in this class, even if we're on this 'unorthodox field trip'! Please restrain yourself from, erm, bonk-ing your classmates. And I still haven't seen your poem...
    Eurk, fine.

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    that's dumb,
    they're named after other colors.

On Zelphas :
    Survivors have a vested interest into ending the game ASAP. That means voting with wolves as LYLO gets close, when town can't afford to kill them off anymore. On the other hand, killing them now tells us nothing, and we need info.

On 3SC :
    I get the point. I find it unconvincing. That kind of reasoning will always end up targeting top posters by virtue of them having material to hook into, regardless of actual roles.

All your wolf tells are NAI reeking of WIFOM. I'm starting to think that game is difficult or something.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

20. - Top - End - #200

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    It's not that posting helpful advice and rules clarifications and vote counts is bad. They can even be useful. But if a player is clearly paying enough attention to do that and putting in significant effort to write such helpful messages... yet not using that attention and putting in that effort to hunt for wolves, post reads, comments, ask or answer questions? That makes me think they don't have the motivation to do that, because they already know who the wolves are and their job is to hide rather than solve.
    Back when I did the vote count, I also did ask and answer questions, and stated that I didn't have any reads yet. At that point, I had time.

Rules speculations/advice doesn't take as much effort as reads for me. Maybe it's the opposite for you, which i find very cool! But regardless, I do have time now, so I am going to do my best to put up reads on everyone.

21. - Top - End - #201

My next post is contingent on what I see from Persolus tbh

22. - Top - End - #202

*Taps fingers*

23. - Top - End - #203
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

You are wrong, actually. If you have reason to believe that Zelphas is lying then you need to say so, obviously, but eliminating a scummy townie brings us closer to finding the real wolves. Yeeting the Survivor just hands the initiative back to the scumteam and they're not going to kill in the POE so the next day you're right back where you started another obvious town lighter and the wolves one step closer to victory.

On Zelphas :
    Survivors have a vested interest into ending the game ASAP. That means voting with wolves as LYLO gets close, when town can't afford to kill them off anymore. On the other hand, killing them now tells us nothing, and we need info.
    You're overlooking two things: 1) if a particular player purposely screws town as Survivor those players will remember it for the next time, so they'd be trading one victory for future losses, and 2) even if they wanted to "vote with wolves", they have no way of knowing who the wolves are.

...I am attempting to provide the same service that I was extremely grateful for other players providing to me in previous games. It also had the side benefit of something that was quick and easy to do, so as to fit into above-mentioned unexpected busyness.
    Bolding mine. I think you've hit on the crux of it here: being friendly and helpful in itself is NAI and just makes you more fun to play with, but when a player's posting mostly consists of the type of posts that are quick and easy to do, it usually points to them being scum who are having a hard time coming up with posts that believably look like scumhunting but feel under pressure to post anyway.

...it's possible that I'm wrong in my assumptions about Cultist but I'm not ready to vote there. Persolus is at least making some effort. Come join me on Kraken Bladescape, now that it's not right before EoD.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

24. - Top - End - #204

SwashbucklerGuy

Reads in Order Given by AV:

Xihirli
    Dead, Baner. Couldn't have targetted JeenLeen, since he got added to chats.

3SecondCultist
    So far, 3SC has been wolfread for two reasons - first, because of RP and multiple randvotes, secondly because of "others on this thread" statement. The RP thing seems to be just honest fun to me? and that appears to be the opinion everyone else shares, so no comment on that.

However, he DOES double down on Blade, stating that he is one of his primary wolf leans, when Blade has at this point literally made one post and it's a poem + a randvote. I do find this odd. His other two leans were Serpentine (who was pressuring him, makes sense) and Snowblaze (who he says always reads town, so therefore he's trying to eliminate that bias - makes sense...?), which are both valid and have an explicitly stated reason, so I don't know what to say about this.

"others on this thread". Why would a wolf dislike a survivor claim? Their goals run directly parallel to eachother, and as Cazero pointed out, it's even in the interest of the survivor to vote with wolves. Also, it means Town either has to waste a vote which will give them no info, or ignore him in which case see my wolf points.
    So there's no real reason why the wolf chat should be talking about how much they dislike survivor claims, as far as I can tell? Therefore I buy that he was trying to say "..people currently on this thread have, in the past..."

This also leads back to an explanation for why he's pushing Zelphas - sure, him flipping doesn't give us any more info, but it does get rid of someone who does not have Town's interests at heart. Not an excuse, but an explanation.

yeah, I've got a null read here, with a potential town lean.

Aleph Null
    Dead, Seer-type. Interesting that Role Name and Fluff Text are options, given that (as proven by Xihirli the "Vigilante Girl") there are at least some Role Names that imply a completely different power. I don't think that's enough to count as the Bastard Mechanic AV promised, though?
    Edit: while doing BatCatHat's read, I ended up re-reading where AV stated distribution of powers, where she does explicitly state Archetypes aren't necessarily linked to Alignment/Power, so this is less interesting.

Batcathat
    Both the highest/second-highest poster and also very few reads.
    Pretty much everything he stated D1 was couched in extremely cautious language. Since it's D1, I can totally get not being certain on reads (see: my behaviour), but most read-related setences have a synonym of "maybe", and there's multiple sentences of "you can probably just ignore this."
    It reads as either a new towny or a wolf trying to not stand out too much. And we know that Batcathat is not a new player. This is also coupled with very rapid wagon-hopping, for what seem to be very small reasons?
    Given that we know at least one Neutral character exists (and so Null is an actual option for his alignment), he's likely Null or Wolf.

bladescape
    Defended Lady Serpentine on D1 right after pressure started on her, and before saying anything of substance. His argument of "Lady Serpentine accuses everyone D1 to get info" does seem valid, based on what she was doing/proceeded to do.
    However he then goes on to defend 3SC, Lady Serpentine's initial target, when suspicion started to mount there.

Bladescape has the most posts, but they are all practically empty of substance. Reads are stated without reasons, votes are made and switched, and a lot of questions are asked. I've stated my dislike of this practice in Candy-Coated. I think that, even if they are dumb reasons, they should be stated at some point if you're town because then the rest of us can evaluate them. This is however consistent with a Town Blade.

...99% sure the post that is "contingent on what I say" is him testing me to see if I will either a) pocket him in an attempt to convince him not to vote me or b) start a counterwagon on him to pre-emptively invalidate his response. At this point, I'm going to do neither.

Null, pending actual details on his reads.

Book Wombat
    To quote BatCatHat, "a resounding null." His posts say nothing, he directly states he has no reads, and generally is not active. Please tell us stuff! Let us know what rubs you the wrong way, or if there are questions you have for us!

Null

Cazero
    Just as many posts as BW, but at least there's something to work with here — except I am now placed into the same boat as I got annoyed with Blade at before, as I cannot say more at this point because I don't want my thoughts to be publicly confirmed as correct.

Null to Town

Illven
    ...her only read this entire game is 3SC. First, "guilty conscience from first post," then "Xi voted on 3SC first, so revenge kill."
    These are extremely poor reads, especially with far better reasons to suspect 3SC and lots of reasons to have reads on lots of others.

She is objectively a brand-new player. My argument here is the same as I gave for myself last game - if she were a wolf, then she would have gotten better advice. So either she's a good actor, or she's a newbie town.

so, Townlean.

JeenLeen
    Hm, i wonder what my read is here?

OBJECTIVELY TOWN

...I have to say, we were extremely lucky N1. Your plan of "everyone connect yourself to me" relies on you not being baned, but you are the best wolf kill since it adds no extra info into the game. So Xihirli had to make the choice between forcing multiple Vanillagers into wasting their powers by blocking, or potentially letting multiple Vanillagers waste their powers by having you die. Not attacking you was an ... interesting decision by the wolves.

Lady Serpentine
    Lives up to the reputation of poking around at everyone.
    Her big wolf read was 3SC, first as a generic pressure which she then swaps around to Snow and etc., but then later as the one to point out the "other people" quote I stated above.
    She doubles down on this, without appearing to consider any other interpretations of the quote. This seems to me to be reading too much into it?
    Also, her interpretation of "i'd rather lynch a survivor than mislynch a a townie" is interesting. He stated that he was tired and would do reads tomorrow, and is just putting this here because he knows it's someone he wants doesn't care about living or dying. But Ti states that this cannot be interpreted in any way other than anti-town.
    It looks to me like Lady Serpentine is trying too hard to read 3SC as Wolf, which in itself isn't Wolf, but it is odd.

Null to wolf

Let'sGetKraken
    Claimed IRL overload, which is fair enough. Only post of substance townreads Jeen pre-reveal, pauses on Murska, and distrusts Zelphas - two of those opinions are justified.

Null to town

Murska
    He doesn't trust me. This is fair, I have been acting thus far about the same as last game, where i was TO BE CONTINUED
    Persolus
    Town.

I have just been ninja'ed once, probably will again, and am busy for the next few hours, so posting what I have thus far and will add the rest soon.

Also is it normal to get the "wait thirty seconds before searching" warning every time you search, even if it was literally an hour since the last search?
    Last edited by Persolus; 2022-11-21 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Wrong pronouns for Illven

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I think Batcathat is scum
    I believe Zelphas is neutral
    No one is joining in my fun
    And the silence is brutal

Cultist looks like giving up
    It would be sad to see them go
    They need some backup
    Posts are horrible though

Murska, Bladescape and Ti
    Are also high on my list
    All of them are alumni
    in making town cease to coexist.

Following Taffy's example above,
    and for the funniest rhyme,
    Let's give the counter a shove
    I guess it's Kraken time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

26. - Top - End - #206

Illven
    ...his only read this entire game is 3SC. First, "guilty conscience from first post," then "Xi voted on 3SC first, so revenge kill."
    These are extremely poor reads, especially with far better reasons to suspect 3SC and lots of reasons to have reads on lots of others.

He is objectively a brand-new player. My argument here is the same as I gave for myself last game - if he were a wolf, then he would have gotten better advice. So either he's a good actor, or he's a newbie town.

so, Townlean.
    She her please.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

27. - Top - End - #207

...99% sure the post that is "contingent on what I say" is him testing me to see if I will either a) pocket him in an attempt to convince him not to vote me or b) start a counterwagon on him to pre-emptively invalidate his response. At this point, I'm going to do neither.
    Not quite.

But close.

You are right that it was trying to see what reaction that made you give.

- - - Updated - - -

List time because I won't be able to do too much soon: (I'm removing the dead players.)

JeenLeen - Confirmed Town

Illven - I find it unlikely to think that they're wolf with how they've played.
    Murska - Mindmelding twice like that is usually a towntell hard. See 3SC from previous game. Very rarely is this wrong.

Lady Serpentine - Positioned where I expect a town to be in the state of the game + world-read coincides with mine

Xumtiil - Either learns extremely quickly or is not a wolf. Literally caught them previous game. I townread them for the way their play doesn't line up with their wolf play but Xum has proven to be a good player so some doubt sowed in just in case.

Batcathat - Extremely Hedgy is in BCH's town meta, however I haven't seen all of what I expect so not hard-town yet. Could have learnt to copy the hedging better than previous wolf rands.

Book Wombat
    Cazero
    - I actually just don't know with either slot

Zelphas - Kinda confident they're neutral. Not confident they're telling the truth about their wincon.

Taffimai - I have liked their content. However it reads as the kind of content I'd expect if I'm on the right track as town and they're trying to push things. This would imply Kraken is town which I'm not confident on either.
    Persolus - Their position seems performative and their response to me is once again very focused on how they think they appear. I'm not confident as last time on their alignment though.

Let'sGetKraken - There's a scummy niggle in their early posts but also irl/commitments so not confident on it. Would like to see more on them.

3SecondCultist - I just... don't like their content. Funny fact is that it wasn't even about the "TMI" slip. It's just the position is wolfy

bladescape - Obvious scum pls vote.

--------

I'll likely be pretty busy in the next 24 hours but I'll try to poke my head in later again.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eurk, fine.

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    that's dumb,
    they're named after other colors.
    Hmmm... B-. Follows the assignment, and your own flair is present, but a bit short for an assigned poem.

I had a lot less time today than I expected (internet issues), so I won't have my reads up by EoD; I'll try to get them up ASAP. I'm going to keep my vote on 3SecondCultist, because they're the one I'm most confident about (even though that isn't much). People have already pointed out that "better to mislynch neutral than town" is assuming a guaranteed town mislynch, which is a little odd.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Extension? SO MUCH FOR THE VOTE BEING SACRED!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I haven't been super active, I'm hoping things will calm down a bit by D3 or so (though now that I've said that, the universe might punish my hubris with more to do ).

@Taff: Maybe I missed it, but what's the reason for voting Kraken?