New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Comedy: "Busted!" Season One

Well at 3SecondCultist. What reads have you made? I'm assuming no one has been killed has been revealed wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Will need your scry results then. You have a few nights results we should have.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Also only one kill tonight, would be good to know if it's because of a voider or a baner. If it's a voider, you got a wolf.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, I'm not asking a baner reveal. Voider reveal would be food for thought tho.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Will need your scry results then. You have a few nights results we should have.
    As I said, I was voided on N1, likely by Xihirli but possibly someone else.

My second scry result was on BCH, which revealed them to be Town. But I cannot dismiss the possibility that I am a Fool, which makes my scries 50% uncertain since there is a 1 in 2 chance I am not in fact the Seer.

I asked AV about it and she said that if I were the Fool, my scry results would be either random or incorrect.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #245

I'm willing to back off my 3sc read for Book Wombat

Who I think is wolf in either world rn
    Last edited by bladescape; 2022-11-24 at 05:45 PM.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #246

Due to 3secondcultist knowing to roleplay as a glasses girl, I am also willing to back off them.

I suppose it's possible they are a wolf seer but I consider that unlikely.

No vote yet.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Book Wombat sounds like a decent option.

I can confirm Cultist's result about me, but that's obviously what I'd say regardless of alignment. Though it's worth keeping in mind that if the result's random, Cultist can still be the Fool.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Useful flip. I'm very busy this week, but I'll find time to reread and see if I can suss anything out.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #249

I'm actually going to vote for Bookwombat as well. Saying who knows how many are left, reads to me like a wolf that knows there player count and hasn't realized that the amount of wolves have been revealed with alphas flip.
    Last edited by Illven; 2022-11-26 at 02:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Comedy:

Also Persolus, top quality work yesterday. You reread one of your top townreads and correctly pointed out that Taffi was wolfy.
    Easy to say, when they're absentee
    This makes Blade look so wolfy
    Persolus' reads were not that good
    Taffy was not evil, just misunderstood

Case in point, Persolus had said
    Taffy's reads were quite bad
    Or just entirely missing
    Allow me to do some dissing:

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    My first two wolfleans this game were Cultist and JeenLeen, so I'm full of confidence right now

Batcathat is acting with more confidence than I'd expect. Xumtiil has very little content for being so high on the posters list. Xihirli is giving me the heebie-jeebies by roleplaying something unobtrusive.

I have exactly one townread other than the people who have claimed: Snow. Defending Cultist when she did the way she did is a town tell, not one she couldn't fake but one I think she wouldn't.
    As stated, there are reads
    On Xihirli, me and Batcathat
    The first did turn out to be a PR
    So there is some sense to that

Anyway, back to my first line
    Blade's distancing is quite fine.

One of your reasons for voting Wombat is that he's posting more than usual. He's posting more because Xumtiil asked him questions, so now that you know that it should change your view (I assumed you ISO'd Wombat and then the quotes don't show up). Not having reads D1 (or ever...) is also not out of line for Wombat, and you know that. You're putting him in a catch-22 where if he posts more, he gets voted for it, and if he doesn't he gets voted for "being hard to read". Ngl I absolutely hate the reasons for your vote.
    Addendum: I'd swap my vote to Batcathat if only people would get off of JeenLeen.
    @Bladescape when you moved off of Zelphas yesterday, you went to Kraken instead of joining me on Batcathat. Do you think Batcathat is town?
    Batcathat: I still think he was wolfy yesterday, and today he has... commented on the neutral and the NKs But if Bladescape is town then he's more likely to be correct than I am, and if he's a wolf he wouldn't so pointedly have ignored my Batcathat vote yesterday if they're partners, so then it's more likely tmi. Also I'd prefer not to make the same mistake again so soon.
    Progression on Batcat
    Who I spy with a wolfy hat
    Is much more verbose
    Than any other, I suppose

D1 end Taffy voted for them
    D2 she sought reasons not to
    The wolfiest move in the realm
    And that makes partner number 2

As for third, I have no clue
    It could be any of you
    But Persolus did mention correctly
    Cultist was townread unexplainedly
    Devils can see too.
    Last edited by Xumtiil; 2022-11-26 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, this explains why Taffimai went after me. I was an easy enough scapegoat.

Cultist being voided N1 is highly suspicious, but for now it's enough go buy them a stay of execution. Will reserve mu vote for now.

Also, my bad. I said that Bladescape likely wasn't a wolf or SK. I meant Murska. Apologies for the mix-up.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I'm actually going to vote for Bookwombat as well. Saying who knows how many are left, reads to me like a wolf that knows there player count and hasn't realized that the amount of wolves have been revealed with alphas flip.
    Oh damn completely missed that. Damn my skimmer brain.
    But three wolves left in twelve, that should be pretty manageable.

Might claim later, will see.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

3SC's claim could be an easy way for a wolf to lie and take heat off them, but I don't see any strong reason not to believe them. Just noting it's not definite.
    Also, if they flip wolf, doesn't mean BCH is wolf; could be setting us up for a mislynch on town!Batcathat later.

If there is another person with Xi's powerset, that gives more credence to 3SC's claim.
    I don't have much to add right now, but I second that if a voider exists and voided someone, that could be very useful to reveal to help catch a wolf.

Also just to note a wolf dying means a vortexer (doubtful I think though no real reason to think that), a serial killer (thinking likely), or a town vigilante.

14. - Top - End - #254

Based on the fact that we're all archetypes I'm like 95 percent sure we got a serial killer.

Cause a Yandere would be the perfect fluff for it.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

So... Let me see if I have this straight. 3SC was up for lynch yesterday to the point of a tie and didn't say anything, after being frontrunner D1 down to the wire and saying nothing. Now he shows up right after our first wolf flip going "Hi guys, I'm the seer, honest! And Xihirli used their power on me for some reason, not the Innocent Child or herself, haha, isn't she so random? Also, my only scry is untestable."

Plus, in a game where the individual vanilla townies have unique role fluff, his is somehow identical to the example of a seer we have?

Yeah, no. Not buying it. 3SecondCultist is a lying liar what lies.

16. - Top - End - #256

Xum if I was wolf there'd be another dead pr not a missing kill.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll leave others to decide if they want to back me up in thread or not

17. - Top - End - #257

Exclamation Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Comedy: "Busted!" Season One

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    So... Let me see if I have this straight. 3SC was up for lynch yesterday to the point of a tie and didn't say anything, after being frontrunner D1 down to the wire and saying nothing. Now he shows up right after our first wolf flip going "Hi guys, I'm the seer, honest! And Xihirli used their power on me for some reason, not the Innocent Child or herself, haha, isn't she so random? Also, my only scry is untestable."

Plus, in a game where the individual vanilla townies have unique role fluff, his is somehow identical to the example of a seer we have?

Yeah, no. Not buying it. 3SecondCultist is a lying liar what lies.
    See if it wasn't for his evidence I'd be inclined to agree. But how would cultist know to include that fluff for glasses girl?

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    See if it wasn't for his evidence I'd be inclined to agree. But how would cultist know to include that fluff for glasses girl?
    He could guess. It is weaker than any of his previous stuff from last game.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, reading now. As for the above, it's not 'glasses girl' for seer, it was 'geek girl'. It's reasonably close, yes, but that's easy to say in hind-sight, and there were no geek references.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Okay, reading now. As for the above, it's not 'glasses girl' for seer, it was 'geek girl'. It's reasonably close, yes, but that's easy to say in hind-sight, and there were no geek references.
    You raise a fair argument.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

The Murska and Cultist wagons have reasoning behind them that are ~fine for D1, but I don't know who I'd pick between them yet (and the day is still long). Snow's wagon is entirely made up of random votes so it should go away (also because Snow just lost a hard-fought game and there are too many people who meme vote her D1 so she always gets wagoned).

Between the three Snow voters Cultist is already a wagon, Wombat is unlikely to change his vote until much later (and was the N1 last game), so Kraken gets the pressure vote.
    Hmm. Early in D1, so not too much to read into here, but interesting look into the wagons of the time.

My first two wolfleans this game were Cultist and JeenLeen, so I'm full of confidence right now

Batcathat is acting with more confidence than I'd expect. Xumtiil has very little content for being so high on the posters list. Xihirli is giving me the heebie-jeebies by roleplaying something unobtrusive.

I have exactly one townread other than the people who have claimed: Snow. Defending Cultist when she did the way she did is a town tell, not one she couldn't fake but one I think she wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

So, wolves usually add at least one wolf among their wolf reads just to avoid being too obvious if they go down. This post is what I'd look into if searching for that. And not too many options here are left alive...

I think you did the right thing JeenLeen, because before the claims I was seriously considering voting you too. Zelphas because I too prefer him over Wombat, and to make sure our IC doesn't die because the people voting there don't get online before EoD.
    Adding some wolf points for Book Wombat.

Perfect, thank you Snow. Batcathat and see you all tomorrow
    Mostly irrelevant really, because there was no chance for a BCH lynch, but still placing this here as a reminder.

My thoughts on the four "wagons":

Batcathat: I still think he was wolfy yesterday, and today he has... commented on the neutral and the NKs But if Bladescape is town then he's more likely to be correct than I am, and if he's a wolf he wouldn't so pointedly have ignored my Batcathat vote yesterday if they're partners, so then it's more likely tmi. Also I'd prefer not to make the same mistake again so soon.

Cultist: I would prefer not to kill Cultist today. Baa Snow baaa. Would enjoy reads though.

Murska: I can follow the logic behind his reads so I'm leaning town. Either way I'm not willing to vote someone who is actually solving until much closer to LyLo.

Persolus: In Utropia he was one of the most obvious towns and now he's not. Awaiting read(s).

There are too many people not participating to solve this game. I don't want to see an F5 full of people with under 10 posts each.
    So much hedging on BCH. Trying to pocket me?

Bolding mine. I think you've hit on the crux of it here: being friendly and helpful in itself is NAI and just makes you more fun to play with, but when a player's posting mostly consists of the type of posts that are quick and easy to do, it usually points to them being scum who are having a hard time coming up with posts that believably look like scumhunting but feel under pressure to post anyway.

...it's possible that I'm wrong in my assumptions about Cultist but I'm not ready to vote there. Persolus is at least making some effort. Come join me on Kraken Bladescape, now that it's not right before EoD.
    Settles on Kraken from here on out. I don't think this is bussing, there'd be no need for it at this point I feel, so I'd say Kraken gets many town points from me.

- - - Updated - - -

So, to explain some of my earlier stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Predictions :
    • Every single one of us has a power role. The vanilla town equivalents can network people.
    • The only role in duplicate are twins. They're lovers.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'd rather not get 3SC killed today for reasons and might bus a counterwagon if need be.
    I didn't want to push for Cazero yesterday, because I felt this seemed like a Lovers claim with 3SC. But with 3SC claiming Seer, that's clearly false.

I'm considering bringing out some additional thoughts of mine, but probably I will do that later.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, his "evidence" is... "I used a common word a lot and RPed as someone with glasses on".

Re: Kraken, worth noting that he could still be the SK. He was the last one voting Taff, with Persolus out of the way, so she could easily have wanted him gone; meanwhile, she was pushing him and he reacted, so he'd have had a reason to target her, even though he wasn't paying much attention.

23. - Top - End - #263

Actually if anyone wants proof I'm not wolf go look at how Taffi explicitly appeals to me to try and get my vote off of 3sc

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Actually if anyone wants proof I'm not wolf go look at how Taffi explicitly appeals to me to try and get my vote off of 3sc
    Like you couldn't have coached them to do that. :P call me if Cultist flips wolf and I'll believe it.

I'll read Book Wombat and the case against them tomorrow. As it is currently, they're null in my reads so I'm not against the wagon, but there's plenty of time and I might have somewhere better to park my vote later.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

And now I'm thinking about this I'm gonna swap back to 3sc in a bit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Like you couldn't have coached them to do that. :P call me if Cultist flips wolf and I'll believe it.

I'll read Book Wombat and the case against them tomorrow. As it is currently, they're null in my reads so I'm not against the wagon, but there's plenty of time and I might have somewhere better to park my vote later.
    I'm about to head back to actually doing that. Gonna help me prove my innocence? =P

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

And now I'm thinking about this I'm gonna swap back to 3sc in a bit

- - - Updated - - -

I'm about to head back to actually doing that. Gonna help me prove my innocence? =P
    Maaaaybe. It's gonna be a long day.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

3SecondCultist

Thanks to Ti shaking me awake with words I'm back here.

Weak claim + never claimed it when up for being wagoned on d1/d2 smells fake to me.

28. - Top - End - #268

3 second cultist as well. If it were named glasses girl instead of geek girl, I might be more hesistant.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Copying my current reads list here before going to bed, will decide on what to do tomorrow.

Towny:
    Murska
    JeenLeen

Kraken (mostly due to bad pair with Taffi)
    Lady Serpentine (good pressure, and also a wolf wouldn't push a seerclaim like this w/v *or* w/w)
    Bladescape (with reservations... especially with an Alpha who chooses their team)
    Zelphas (Survivor, not town. Ew, survivor.)

Iffy:
    Cazero
    Book Wombat

Illven

Wolfy:
    3SecondCultist
    BatCatHat
    Xumtiil
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I didn't get networked with anyone new last night. I'm guessing I was the wolf kill target but got baned.

Hypothetical void/baner: if you targeted me, stay quiet unless you want to give some credence to 3SC's claim (as 2 void/baners makes 2 seerish folk more believable). If you targeted bladescape or Lady Serpentine, it's possible they're the wolf. A void/bane on either one of them would have messed up a network attempt I was told happened, and it's possible it also stopped them from killing.

On the other hand, if you feel like 3SC is a good lynch, I can understand you wanting to stay unidentified.
    If 3SC flips town, I also feel more wolfreads on those two.

---

Based on our dead wolf's interaction with Zelphas, I'm pretty sure Zelphas isn't a wolf. But I'm not ruling out serial killer instead of Survivor.
    I haven't done an in-depth read on her interactions with others.