New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Giantslayer: The Hill Giant's Pledge [IC]

R1T8: Aasgar breaks free from the creature's grip!

R1T5: The tendriculos bites Cici for 17 + grappled. It attacks her with its tentacles as well but her magical force field protects her.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T32:
    Abenor zips over to the far eastern wall as he gets into a second stance and then does a double slash against the plant monster for 34.

R2T25: Galakhar does a power light-crit on the plant in a vital area for 26.

R2T24: Ivilva, worried about striking Cici, delays ...

R2T12: Phaevin, what do you do?

Cici on deck, Aasgar in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #632

R2T12: Though his new friends surely could do with some jokes or a tune, Cici's advice means that his bow is now one of the most important weapons on the field right now. He steps a few feet south for a clear line of fire, pulls back on his bowstring as fully as he can, and lets fly an arrow. It hits true deep in the mass of the tendriculos to do 6 + 1 fire. Not a lot of fire, but not a lot is needed - just a steady pinning of the enemy under his arrows.

R2T11: Instead of trying to overpower so large and strong a creature, Cici simply tries to pulp it with her fists while held. In its grasp, it is actually her power and not her speed that will avail her. She strikes for 6 and then 8, enough for the thing to release its grasp and go limp.

Cici will be the one needed to continue to pulp the creature with foot and fist, but it is dead.

Combat Ends!
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar collects his things and nods a well done to Cici. "Well, now we know what to look for... Eyes sharp, everyone!"
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #634

The party makes its way to the south to the opposite stairs and balcony that head up to a set of double doors.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ansgar readies his axe and then opens the doors.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

6. - Top - End - #636

Abenor and Aasgar step up and open the doors. Numerous flowers cling to the myriad vines and creepers growing over every inch of this curving corridor. A powerful bouquet of competing floral fragrances floats throughout the enclosed space.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Turning to our guide, Aasgar asks, "What's in here? Anything we should know about before we go in?"

8. - Top - End - #638

Ivilva says, "It has been so long, but I am sure this used to be a clear passage, not a garden corridor, so this is more of the First World incursion."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Judging by some of the botanical nasties we have seen so far, we should be cautious, " Phaevin says. "During my time with my merchant crew, I gained some experience in trap-finding, I wonder if that might be useful here."

Phaevin offers to search the floors and walls at the head of the party to try and find hidden dangers.
    Aragorn: You have my sword...
    Legolas: And you have my bow...
    Gimli: And my axe...
    Phaevin: I swear! I just found this stuff lying around!

10. - Top - End - #640

Galakhar is fine with that, though Abenor, Cici and Ivilva have no comment. Does that work for Aasgar?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ansgar agrees that’s fine.

12. - Top - End - #642

As the party moves through the garden-covered hallway, the scents of flowers becomes thicker and more cloying.

Phaevin & Aasgar ... roll Will saves!
    Show

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Will Save

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show
    Will Saving throw

(1d20+9)[28]

14. - Top - End - #644
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Tech Info
    Show

Will Saving Throw (1d20+4)[19]

15. - Top - End - #645

Though the heavy scents are soporific, the heroes are too strong for that. A couple of plants in particular shiver.

Begin Round One ...

R1T27:
    The particular scents of certain plants reaches Galakhar. He yells out in warning, "Xtabay!" He ducks around the garden and heroes to use the lantern to light up a particular patch of vines ornamented with beautiful crimson and violet flowers, the petals of which seem to bear tiny faces. He savages it with his rapier before he spins around light up another farther up the passage.

R1T20: The xtabay he lit up shuffles closer, right up to Galakhar. There is another thick flush of that scent, ever so slightly different.

R1T18: Phaevin, roll a Will save against the second plant's sleep scent. Assuming you are fine, what do you do?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #646

R1T18: Phaevin finds a little-tested rumor - that elves and those with elven blood - are immune to enforced and magical sleep effects. Knowing that the rest of the group, except for Abenor, is not so blessed by heritage, starts telling jokes to make fun of the plants for the heroes' sake.

R1T17: Lucette squeaks and hides in Cici's cowl.

R1T15: Abenor teleports to the north of the flower and strikes with his blade, splashing the plant, and ending combat.

Combat Ends!

The place is searched quickly for a few minutes, and there is nothing of interest here. The group continues up the curving garden corridor to another set of double doors to the west. The doors are checked safe and opened, revealing a round balcony with stairs to the north.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Up the stairs to the north, is Asgard recommended course.

18. - Top - End - #648

The party heads onto the landing, and realize it only sees the western back end of the massive gardens, and when the stairs goes up to a new level, it is a closed passage, but large. This wide passage turns sharply in a practical 180 to the south for a full length of some 60' ... with a quick turn to the east to double doors. The doors are completely checked and opened and the party moves in a little to take a look. This large, arched chamber provides a grim contrast to the Vault’s other life-filled rooms. Instead of lush vegetation, a massive briar patch and layers of thick humus form high mounds throughout the room. Hundreds of varieties of fungi choke out any attempt for healthy plants to root, and the air is heavy with the stench of decay. At the chamber’s eastern end, a large, swollen wooden chest sits atop a high mound of compost.

What do you do?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Well... That seems a bit... Obvious and inviting... What was this room for, Mistress?" Aasgar asks of their host and guide.

20. - Top - End - #650

"This ... is an abomination..." she says as she steps in just enough to see, the awful stench rolling out into the hallway. "This must be the seat of power of the blighted intrusion."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trying to examine the chest from afar, Phaevin steps into the chamber. He says, "Is that chest... alive? Why is it swollen? "

22. - Top - End - #652

As Phaevin moves forward asks his question, a massive, animated bramble plant rips out of the mound with the chest on it and gives a screeching roar!

Begin Round One ...

R1T25:
    Phaevin, because it ripped out of the hill at a higher point, you initially saw it. That said, it traveled lower than your sightline, because ALL of these mounds are tall, blocking your sight. You would have to move much closer to it to actually see it. What do you do?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #653

R1T25: Realizing light will be a problem in this dark, humid place, Phaevin casts a dull red light on his bow and moves forward to mid-room, center, putting out what light he may.

R1T20: Lucette delays...

R1T18: Sounds of wriggling and unholy plant sounds and roots ripping out of the ground.

R1T17: Abenor takes off into the maze of brambles. His voice is heard in the distance. "Contact!"

R1T12: Aasgar, what do you do?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I hate when he does that... Damned long-legged elves!"says Aasgar as he draws his axe and follows Abenors path.

Show
    Speak While Moving(TM)

Follow Abenor as fast as possible. (double move? Sprint? Run?)

25. - Top - End - #655

R1T12: "I hate when he does that... Damned long-legged elves!"says Aasgar as he draws his axe and follows Abenor's path, finding that some of the places where mounds come close to each other are harder to move through.

R1T9: Cici says something, and Lucette climbs down from her. Cici then casts a spell upon herself and flies in at high speed 10' off the ground.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T25:
    Phaevin, what do you do?

Enemy on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Do you need me to carry you? Or perhaps get you a box?", Phaevin says with a devilish grin. He moves deeper into the room trying to get a shot at the plant creature.

Spoiler: Tech Info
    Show

MA: 10' SE
    If able to see enemy, SA: Attack with shortbow. ATK:(1d20+10)[17] DAM:(1d8+1)[7] + (1d6)[5] fire

27. - Top - End - #657

R2T25: "Do you need me to carry you? Or perhaps get you a box?", Phaevin says with a devilish grin. He moves deeper into the room and takes a shot at the creature, but its brambles catch the arrow in its body and the dampness puts out the flame.

R2T18: The primary monster adjusts its position south and west. It waves its branches around, and in doing so, a second, batch of weeds and brambles burst out of the hill south of Abenor which then moves forward to engage Abenor and Phaevin. The first of the animated brambles swings at Abenor, who tumbles north out of the way.

R2T17: Abenor gets into a combat style as he quick draws his second blade and then disappears from view.

R2T12: Aasgar, roll a Fort save. Regardless of that, what do you do?

Cici on deck, Lucette in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar adjusts his footing and feeling there may be a possible opportunity to flank, should he ever arrive at the scene of combat, darts north to try to come around the bush.

Show
    Enter Valiant Keeper's Stance

MA:Move North 5' then East 15'

Spoiler: Fortitudinal Saving Throw
    Show
    (1d20+15)[26]

29. - Top - End - #659

R2T12: Aasgar adjusts his footing and feeling there may be a possible opportunity to flank, should he ever arrive at the scene of combat, darts north to try to come around the bush.

R2T10: Galakhar continuing movement you didn't notice, is moving east along the southern wall.

R2T9: Cici flies in - now at a height of 15' tall and wielding her waveknife - aerobatically gets within the Secondary Bramble #2, cutting it wither her blade for 6, though it seems weaker than it should, as Cici is affected by the rotting stench.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T25:
    Phaevin, what do you do? Roll a Fort save.

Enemies on deck and in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2024-04-20 at 11:44 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #660
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phaevin squints and brushes his nose attempting to ignore the irritating stench.

He attacks the mass of brambles directly to the south with a fiery arrow.

Spoiler: tech info
    Show

FORT save (1d20+6)[7]

ATK:(1d20+10)[14] DAM:(1d8+1)[6] + (1d6)[6] fire