Default Re: Defenders of the District (MSH) OOC

Now for the roll on that action...
    (1d100)[75]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Posting tomorrow!
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Well...I guess I always knew the good rolls wouldn't last.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MutantDragon View Post
    Well...I guess I always knew the good rolls wouldn't last.
    I know that feeling all too well.

BP, does Fury have an action?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yes! She is going to sprint and run at the thing and use her Incredible (95) Fighting to take a swing at it, trying to damage it with her Incredible (82) strength.

Swing: (1D100)[44]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

To clarify, are AGR-01 and Fury being dragged straight down, out to sea, or in another direction? Might alter what I try next.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think it's in a big lake, like an artificial lake in a park.

Does AGR-01 have any fire based weapons?

8. - Top - End - #68

DwarfClericGuy

Please look at the picture of the Potomac River in Washington D.C. here

It's not terribly deep and certainly has no normal tidal waves. The wave appeared out of nowhere, not out of the tardigrade water creature that you soundly thrashed. The waterspout likewise suddenly appeared, grabbed Bolt, and then fell apart the next turn. Whoever or whatever is doing this has not been identified.

The wave pulled AGR-01 and Fury under the water and away from the shore. Let's say ten feet down and twenty feet away.

Spoiler: Note for Fury
    Show
    Also, Fury's Incredible ranks are both 36. The numbers you quoted are your dice rolls from character generation. They don't actually play a part after that. Hope that's clearer than a muddy river monster.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Does AGR-01 have any fire based weapons?
    No, no fire based weapons. The closest I've got is my diminution spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Genius View Post

It's not terribly deep and certainly has no normal tidal waves. The wave appeared out of nowhere, not out of the tardigrade water creature that you soundly thrashed. The waterspout likewise suddenly appeared, grabbed Bolt, and then fell apart the next turn. Whoever or whatever is doing this has not been identified.

The wave pulled AGR-01 and Fury under the water and away from the shore. Let's say ten feet down and twenty feet away.
    Ok, thanks. Just wanted to see if we were being dragged somewhere specific or just being drowned. Sounds like the latter. I'll govern myself accordingly. Thanks.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

...the digital dice have decided I must die.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No, no fire based weapons. The closest I've got is my diminution spray.

Shame. If we turned him back into dirt/mud, we could've used fire to turn him into glass!

Fury is using her earth powers again as described in my IC Post: (1D100)[73]

12. - Top - End - #72

DwarfClericGuy

Hey BananaPhone, not picking on you or anything, but there is no park lake and no elemental. It's just the Potomac River and a giant wave that pulled you under. The creature that you filled with mud has been destroyed. This not being your first rodeo, you would think someone is creating the creature, the waterspout, and the wave. Someone that doesn't appreciate your heroic interference!

(You can edit your post to change lake to river and your attack to something else.)

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ahh, sorry, I completely mis-read a few things! I was thinking the creature had just changed forms, and that we were doing this in a park lake (thus why people were around).

14. - Top - End - #74

DwarfClericGuy

No problem! This would obviously be easier if we were all sitting around a table with some dice, but SOMEONE has to be in the wrong hemisphere!

<glares menacingly at Paradox26 and then laughs>

15. - Top - End - #75

DwarfClericGuy

I'm just waiting on your edit or a new post altogether.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm very sorry it took a while, but I edited Fury's post as thrashing around and trying to swim to the surface the best way she knows how - by punching the water.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

No problem! This would obviously be easier if we were all sitting around a table with some dice, but SOMEONE has to be in the wrong hemisphere!

<glares menacingly at Paradox26 and then laughs>
    Sorry about that. I chose to live in the most inhospitable continent on Earth, barring Antarctica, and yet some people don't even believe my country exists. It is true. Australia actually is a small county outside Phoenix, Arizona. But I still can't quite manage to sit around the table with dice with you all, because us Arizonan Aussies are quarantined to keep the secret of our existence.

Sorry, that was a rambling train of thought with little coherence.

18. - Top - End - #78

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Sorry, that was a rambling train of thought with little coherence.
    Heroes get soliloquies too.

19. - Top - End - #79

DwarfClericGuy

So Fury, who escaped last turn, went back into the water to look for AGR-01? If so, you will need an Intuition roll to spot "him" and a Fighting roll to grab "him."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No one gets left behind .

Intuition: (1D100)[23]

Fighting: (1D100)[50]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    No one gets left behind .

Intuition: [roll0]

Fighting: [roll1]
    Thanks! I suppose someone has to save me, if my computer generated d100 won't do it for me!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fury will use her Earth Control to create a deep sink-hole into which all the water will pour, leaving them all safe.

Earth Control: (1D100)[69]

The sexiest roll.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-03-01 at 01:25 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Let's try it here. (1d100)[68]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Let's try it here. [roll0]
    Haha! It worked this time!

25. - Top - End - #85

DwarfClericGuy

I'm happy to reply to MD about his search, but we are still in rounds, so I need actions from P26 and BP first, please.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ask and thy shall receive!

Fury is using her Earth Control again to 'bury' the water and cover the hole up.

Earth Control: (1d100)[7]

27. - Top - End - #87

DwarfClericGuy

Edit as you wish, but the crowd is laughing at the wave/river/villain, not at Fury. You're still the hero of the story.
    (One of the heroes, literally.)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ohh phew haha.

29. - Top - End - #89

DwarfClericGuy

Paradox, can you post soon or should I bot you for a round? Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sorry about that. I haven't had a chance to post the last few days. I just posted IC now.