New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default [3.5] What can be applied to the spell transfered with "Imbue Familiar With Spell Ab"

Regarding the "The transferred spell's variable characteristics (range, duration, area, and so on) function according to your level." clause, how is the spell the familiar is casting actually being affected? A player of mine is arguing that the spell is cast "as if he himself was casting the spell", while my interpretation is that he only transfers the "slot" as it was prepared and the ability to cast the transfered spell, so pretty much just the spell as it was prepared and his base caster level.

Since I'd like to know the actual rule interaction before I make my own ruling on this, I have a few questions I need help with. Let's say a wizard casts "Imbue Familiar With Spell Ability" on his familiar, when the familiar later casts the spell he received, will the spell:

1) benefit from any magic items the wizard had when preparing the spell? (like an empowered spellshard or a holy symbol of storms);

2) benefit from traits, racial or class features the wizard had when preparing the spell? (like the Spellgifted trait, a bloodline or other class feature);

3) benefit from any metamagic feats that are applied when you prepare the spell? (like energy substitution, empower or widen spell)

4) benefit from any metamagic feat that are applied when casting the spell? (like born of three thunders, snowcasting or reserves of strength?

5) would it be the same with the above if the character in question were a sorcerer instead of a wizard, since they don't prepare spells?
    Last edited by Arael666; 2022-11-23 at 01:54 PM.