Hey everyone! I started a D&D podcast called Setting the Stage where I interview different DMs about their homebrew campaign settings. This is a chance for the guest to show off what they’ve made, explain challenges they’ve overcome, and discuss paths that didn’t work for them when creating their campaign setting. Our homebrew worlds often get no attention outside of our own play groups, so this is a way to present a DM’s hard work to a wider audience.

A new episode comes out every two weeks and they're about one hour each. A new episode came out today! The DM is named Rikh and his campaign world is called Skyf. Skyf is much bigger than most fantasy worlds. It's an Alderson disk, a type of megastructure built around a star. The star sits in the center of the disk and bounces up and down to create a day and night cycle. The powerful Majisters created Skyf as a home for thousands of races that are having their homeworlds destroyed by an expanding black hole.

There's a second type of episode I'll occasionally do where I chat with one of my friends about a more established world in pop culture and how it could be used as a D&D campaign setting. I've already done the Lord of the Rings and I've got some plans for future episodes in that same vein.

I'd love for more people to hear about the cool work DMs like Rikh have done. If you'd like to listen you should be able to find the podcast by searching its name, Setting the Stage on any podcast app.
I'm also interested in having more people to interview. For interviewing I've got a Google form that helps me know the important points to hit in the interview. If you'd like to be a guest on the show you can fill that form out here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...CxHqQ/viewform
I've also got a Discord server launched to help coordinate the interviews and chat between people after an episode releases. Anybody is free to join that server with this link: https://discord.com/invite/Nngc2pQV6C

Thanks for reading and I hope you're ready to give the podcast a try!