New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Help with finding a class?

Hey all. I've been a reader of several threads but only just made an account because I need some help. I was using a homebrew class from the dandwiki list of homebrew classes for a specific game, but a long while ago, it was deleted because the owner didn't finish its epic level info and abandoned the page. I had it in screenshots on my phone but that phone was destroyed. If anyone has a copy of the Armament Mage (like Erza from Fairy Tail), or a version of it, I'd be greatful.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Help with finding a class?

The Wayback Machine still has it: https://web.archive.org/web/20171013...e_(3.5e_Class)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh awesome! Thank you!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Tangentially, another class you might find interesting is Armiger. I've never tried it, but I've heard various people speak fondly of Spheres of Might.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    Tangentially, another class you might find interesting is Armiger. I've never tried it, but I've heard various people speak fondly of Spheres of Might.
    Theres also one for spheres of power if you want to go more of a magic user route, though the name escapes me at this moment.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    Theres also one for spheres of power if you want to go more of a magic user route, though the name escapes me at this moment.
    It is the armorist, which is partially inspired by erza
    You get some bound equipment which are stronger but takes longer to change and you also have the ability to summon weaker equipment for spell points tailor made for the situatiin at hand.

Added to that, you are a low spherecaster, so at each 2 lvls, you gain a talent, plus 2 from lvl 1 which you can invest in different sphere (think thematic school of magic) to gain some neat effects

You can for exemple use the warp sphere to gain a short range teleport, put another talent in warp so you can warp as a move action with a spell point or you can put some talent in the life sphere to heal yourself in a pinch

They also have some cool archetypes (class variant) like lingchi warrior (basically shirou from fate) which summons a field of weapon around him, each with enhancement scaling with level or one where you store weapons that you can shoot trough a portal (gilgamesh from fate)

You also have one where you instead become an enchanted weapon to be wielded by others (souleater). Ps: depending on your casting tradition, being a weapon might not prevent you from casting or one where you dont use armor but instead use protection effect as armor

Symbiotic knight is more centered on a fused armor (venom symbiote) while you have the darkshaper which uses its shadow to attack (envy from fullmetalalchemist)

Its a fun class with different angles to play and even without sphere it can be used if you instead replace sphere casting with feats or somesuch