New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Post Can Someone Help Me Remember Something? (3.5E Thing Where You Change Leveling)

I remember hearing about this thing on here or referenced on here, about some style of play back in the 3.5E days. I recall it was descended from the whole "D&D stops making sense after 5-8th level" and "Gandalf is a 5th level magic user".

I recall it working something as follows:

You level up normally up to some level, and then afterwards you only get feats each time you level up. Something something, you don't become gods and have insane combats against ten dragons at higher levels.

I've been Googling a ton of keyword combinations and using "", and I keep getting nothing close to what I am looking for.
    Last edited by Tevo77777; 2022-11-25 at 07:41 PM.
    If I ever think that I've gone too far in my Homebrew, I can just think about how Kane0 isn't considered crazy, so why would I be considered so?
    -
    D20 Modern's handling of shotguns is the perfect case of not balancing for fun OR realism OR efficiency.
    -
    Where would I go to get people to test mechanics? Reddit?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Can Someone Help Me Remember Something? (3.5E Thing Where You Change Leveling)

That sounds like E6. Which can also be E8, E10, etc, depending on where you want to put the breakpoint.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Can Someone Help Me Remember Something? (3.5E Thing Where You Change Leveling)

Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    That sounds like E6. Which can also be E8, E10, etc, depending on where you want to put the breakpoint.
    Thank you, I was going insane trying to remember what this thing is.

I also have a logical explanation why I don't have level 8 or 9 class abilities for my system.
    If I ever think that I've gone too far in my Homebrew, I can just think about how Kane0 isn't considered crazy, so why would I be considered so?
    -
    D20 Modern's handling of shotguns is the perfect case of not balancing for fun OR realism OR efficiency.
    -
    Where would I go to get people to test mechanics? Reddit?