New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5 +PF] Inducing Teleport Error

Is there any way to force a teleport error? Or better yet, to divert an active teleport to a location of your choosing, rather than the caster’s?

I'm open to all official 3.5 and Pathfinder material on this one, including Dragon content. Looking for some way to disrupt and/or redirect someone else's teleport.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 +PF] Inducing Teleport Error

spells : anticipate teleportation and anticipate teleportation greater
    powers: divert teleport

those are those I'm aware of

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dimensional Anchor works, if the intended destination is "right here".
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!

Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Searchable spreadsheet of 3.5 monsters by abilities, now with all online monsters

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

The Screen spell can amount to this, if the person doing the Teleporting is using the Scry/Teleport method. Your illusion can effectively create a false destination for the teleport. If they try to teleport to what they're seeing in the Scry, the only place they can end up is a "Similar Area." So, set up your Trap of Doom in an area, and walk off.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm currently using Astral Shards as a way to mess up teleportations in my campaign.
    You can find more intel about them in the Tower of Deception 3.0 adventure. (@Beni, don't spoil the fun ;) )

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I'm currently using Astral Shards as a way to mess up teleportations in my campaign.
    You can find more intel about them in the Tower of Deception 3.0 adventure. (@Beni, don't spoil the fun ;) )
    Eh, don't worry, I don't intend to. If all goes well, this won't be a problem anymore very soon!
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!

Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Searchable spreadsheet of 3.5 monsters by abilities, now with all online monsters

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Black Labyrinth mystery

Halaster's Teleport Cage (City of Splendors: Waterdeep)