New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Talakeal's Pre-Horror Story Jitters (Rambly

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
    Ok, so here is an irl example that came up this morning.

My room mate is with me at my parents for xmas because his family lives across the country. May roommate and my parents agreed not to get each other gifts months ago.

He held to the agreement, while they bought him a very nice gift in-spite of it.

He is very embarrassed and feeling betrayed.

Is he wrong to feel this way instead of just enjoying his gift?
    While "betrayed" makes it sound a little melodramatic in my opinion, I think it's rather reasonable to be a little upset about it. They had made an agreement and it should be fairly obvious that breaking it might put your roommate in an awkward position, even if it wasn't meant to. That said, if it was me I'd probably spend thirty minutes being annoyed and maybe a little embarrassed before moving on and enjoying my gift.

Though I suppose the fact that it might trigger my pet peeve against people thinking they can do whatever they want if they do it for the "right" reasons (helping someone, being nice, etc.), in which case I might be a little more pissed (though probably not for much longer, I think I might be physically incapable of holding a grudge for very long).
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2022-12-25 at 06:27 PM.