New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Question on Deeppockets spell enhanced

So I was looking at the ad&D deeppockets spell. Its a really cool spell. If you were a wizard you'd really want that while your team mates have to slug it out and work hard as you are traveling. Well and then there's the work of bringing back all the loot of the stuff you all killed.

But my question is... OK, you have those feats they added in 3rd edition (I think?) where you could say I want to cast this spell as if its a level higher. (Or 2 levels). And if you did that what would you suggest for this in terms of 'enhancing a deep pockets' spell a level or 2 higher?

Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Question on Deeppockets spell enhanced

You could make it scale as in 20 pounds per level, max 100 (or double in case of the more expensive focus). Then, empower would make it 150 max or 300 max, I guess.

If you meant upcasting that's a 5th edition mechanic (and a pathfinder psychic spell one, I guess).
    Last edited by Feantar; 2022-12-06 at 09:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

In addition to what's been mentioned, 3rd edition let you pick out and buy useful magic items instead of only getting random drops, so you'd probably just have a handy haversack, bag of holding, or belt of pockets or similar if you wanted a deeppockets-like effect. If you wanted a spell instead, you'd probably cast something like hoard gullet, which scales automatically with caster level instead of requiring feats or additional mechanics to boost the effective level.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Thank you both.