A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus, The City of Legends [Epic Pathfinder]

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticDragon View Post
    Any chance to include the Elephant in the Room Feat Taxes fix?

Just a little something to help smooth over the rough edges for non-PoW martial characters.
    By level 21, I think the number of feats is okay to build whatever you want. Non-PoW martials also have more support with the Epic system on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    This looks like fun - Im gonna try to build an ankou's shadow bounty hunter slayer who focuses on cleave. Still need to settle on flavor, but the mechanics work really nicely with supreme cleave from the epic pathfinder book.
    Ankou shadow bounty hunter are very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @ Melnibonean

Okay with Items that use a Slot, are you allowing us to Combine Items that use the same slot?

IE: wings of flying and cloak of resistance

and then back to the related WBL limits if Item in the slot is under the 120K when combined presuming the rule of the lesser item costs 50% more does your rule of 120K apply before the combining or after for terms of GP Cost Limits
    Yes, can combine items using the same slot.
    Higher than 120K+ is the final magic item cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    So, I could easily be a Ghost, (Deific obedience for Mestama, persists even if you cease performing the obedience, so a redeemed believer could still have it for the cost of a feat). Would that be ok? Or is being an incorporeal undead (with the one template that doesn't make you evil) too good for one feat? (It doesn't kick in until level 16, so not possible in many games, so I figured it's worth asking)
    It's technically demonic obedience, as Mestama is a demonlord. Ghost is not an issue in itself, even more so with capstones in play, I remember seeing some archetypes etc...giving various templates.

2. - Top - End - #62

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Ok, how about the athanatism powers and feats from Psionics Augmented: The Seventh Path? If unfamiliar, they're on library of metofitz and are basically psionic necromancy.

Also, stance on Legendary Items from the same company? It's like 3.5's Weapons of Legacy, but actually workable...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    I guess to generalise this a little - are psionic and PoW materials published by DSP (such as Seventh Path) allowed? Or was the intent to only allow the core books from each subsystem?
    Seventh Path is fine. Most psionic augmented stuff are fine like the Voyager class.

Legendary Items and stuff like monster classes from DSP aren't considered.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh, I'd love to try out an Epic Legendary Kineticist. Are the other materials from Ultimate Kineticists available?

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Melnibonean View Post
    By level 21, I think the number of feats is okay to build whatever you want. Non-PoW martials also have more support with the Epic system on top of it.
    Except for the fact that we are basically not using the epic system at level 21, so while they might get stronger progression, the Non-PoW Martials will still be hampered by this unnecessary limitation.

I mean, consider someone who wants to play a Two-Weapon Fighter - you need 3 feats just to make Two-Weapon Fighting Full-Attacks, Weapon Finesse as you are most certainly going to be a primary dex user, and either Power Attack or Pirrhana Attack in order to keep up in terms of damage. That's 5 feats total, half of the amount of non-epic feats you will have by at this level. Meanwhile, Elephant in the Feat Taxes cuts this down to just two feats. Giving you 3 extra feats to flesh out your build in more unique ways.

That's what EiFT does, smooths out the rough edges for builds and lets them be more unique to the individual when going for previous feat-intensive builds.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Ooh, I'd love to try out an Epic Legendary Kineticist. Are the other materials from Ultimate Kineticists available?
    Yes, Legendary games compiled kineticist abilities from other publishers into the Ultimate Kineticist, and it's fine to use.

Except for the fact that we are basically not using the epic system at level 21, so while they might get stronger progression, the Non-PoW Martials will still be hampered by this unnecessary limitation.

I mean, consider someone who wants to play a Two-Weapon Fighter - you need 3 feats just to make Two-Weapon Fighting Full-Attacks, Weapon Finesse as you are most certainly going to be a primary dex user, and either Power Attack or Pirrhana Attack in order to keep up in terms of damage. That's 5 feats total, half of the amount of non-epic feats you will have by at this level. Meanwhile, Elephant in the Feat Taxes cuts this down to just two feats. Giving you 3 extra feats to flesh out your build in more unique ways.

That's what EiFT does, smooths out the rough edges for builds and lets them be more unique to the individual when going for previous feat-intensive builds.
    I read it, but not interested to be honest.

6. - Top - End - #66

Very well. You are the DM, it is your choice.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Melnibonean-

Already have a decent idea for a character, but one final question.

Would this bloodline be allowable for the Eldritch Heritage feat line? Specifically, I'm wanting the 9th level ability.
    Last edited by Zarthrax; 2022-12-08 at 05:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

@Melnibonean-

Already have a decent idea for a character, but one final question.

Would this bloodline be allowable for the Eldritch Heritage feat line? Specifically, I'm wanting the 9th level ability.
    Yes, Paizo Fan United, hadn't seen any wayfinder material in awhile.
    Last edited by Melnibonean; 2022-12-08 at 05:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, Legendary games compiled kineticist abilities from other publishers into the Ultimate Kineticist, and it's fine to use.
    Dang, now I wish I'd asked for that and tried to be a soundweaver with all the weird elements lol. Ah well, not gonna step on someone else's toes when they've expressed interest in doing it, and I like how my current concept is shaping up in fluff at least, even if it's not going to be particularly mechanically strong.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

PirateWench

@ Melnibonean

the libraryofmetzofitz has a few classes that legendary-games does not

if we wanted to use legendary classes from libraryofmetzofitz can we?
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-12-08 at 06:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Is there a chance we can gain templates with gold or the like? there are certain acquired templates that can be added to someone through magic shenanigans, and I'm pretty sure some of them even have mechanics for that -- if I can find a cost, is that do-able?
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

12. - Top - End - #72

@ Melnibonean

the libraryofmetzofitz has a few classes that legendary-games does not

if we wanted to use legendary classes from libraryofmetzofitz can we?
    From what I saw, the Library content appears to be correct, so you can use it. If I see something off, will let people know.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    Is there a chance we can gain templates with gold or the like? there are certain acquired templates that can be added to someone through magic shenanigans, and I'm pretty sure some of them even have mechanics for that -- if I can find a cost, is that do-able?
    In pathfinder, not really that many you can acquire with gold but I know some templates can be gained with class features/archetypes/capstones etc...

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ok, so I'm stuck between a Half Elf Cavalier/Mammoth Rider Santa Claus OR a Shabti Hunter/Mammoth Rider Horus. Got some new questions to help break the tie.

Is Leadership allowed? Santa needs some 'elves' for his workshop.

If I take the Beast Speaker feat line, would this allow me to have a Huge sized Sun Falcon to ride on?

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by Armonia13 View Post
    Ok, so I'm stuck between a Half Elf Cavalier/Mammoth Rider Santa Claus OR a Shabti Hunter/Mammoth Rider Horus. Got some new questions to help break the tie.

Is Leadership allowed? Santa needs some 'elves' for his workshop.

If I take the Beast Speaker feat line, would this allow me to have a Huge sized Sun Falcon to ride on?
    Leadership is allowed. Sure, I would expand the list to Sun Falcon if you get the feats.

16. - Top - End - #76

SwashbucklerGuy

Leadership is allowed. Sure, I would expand the list to Sun Falcon if you get the feats.
    So much for making that an easier decision. xD which one do you feel would fit better?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I have been following this thread, and figured when it exploded overnight that I had better express interest before it closes. I am considering either a paladin or a dread. I haven't played a dread in ages, and enjoy them. But I have been on a paladin kick lately. Tough decision.

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Armonia13 View Post
    So much for making that an easier decision. xD which one do you feel would fit better?
    Beast Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    I have been following this thread, and figured when it exploded overnight that I had better express interest before it closes. I am considering either a paladin or a dread. I haven't played a dread in ages, and enjoy them. But I have been on a paladin kick lately. Tough decision.
    Someone said a few post ago, that they wanted to do a Dread, so might help you decide.

19. - Top - End - #79

PirateWench

Well I think this is ready Lilliana Hesporath
    a tad of GP left over for in game stuff

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I did see someone mention doing a dread, but I think they were planning to multiclass, whereas I was planning to go the full 21 levels in the class. I might build one of each, then decide which to use for my application. I use Hero Labs, so it doesn't take long to build a character. I am already a third of the way through building the dread concept.

Also, is the drider an acceptable race? It is on the page you linked to in the 16, but it is also considered a powerful race, so I wanted to check before I picked it. It would suit the dread character concept really well. If not, I will use a samsaran.

EDIT: Just looked up the post again. It turns out they weren't multiclassing, they were using an archetype. I wasn't planning on using an archetype at this stage, so there is still going to be some difference. Of course, I could just bypass the dread powers and go full Psion for getting psionic powers too. Just a thought.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2022-12-08 at 10:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Melnibonean-

Permission for the Forgelord PrC? The minor artifact I'd select would be a Sihedron Tome.

22. - Top - End - #82

Well I think this is ready Lilliana Hesporath
    a tad of GP left over for in game stuff
    Nice, yeah, can save it as pocket change.

I did see someone mention doing a dread, but I think they were planning to multiclass, whereas I was planning to go the full 21 levels in the class. I might build one of each, then decide which to use for my application. I use Hero Labs, so it doesn't take long to build a character. I am already a third of the way through building the dread concept.

Also, is the drider an acceptable race? It is on the page you linked to in the 16, but it is also considered a powerful race, so I wanted to check before I picked it. It would suit the dread character concept really well. If not, I will use a samsaran.

EDIT: Just looked up the post again. It turns out they weren't multiclassing, they were using an archetype. I wasn't planning on using an archetype at this stage, so there is still going to be some difference. Of course, I could just bypass the dread powers and go full Psion for getting psionic powers too. Just a thought.
    Yes, Drider is fine.

@Melnibonean-

Permission for the Forgelord PrC? The minor artifact I'd select would be a Sihedron Tome.
    It is allowed.

23. - Top - End - #83

AssassinGuy

Throwing my hat in with a soulknife.

Questions

1) If my character has the mixed blood (trait) and chose the elf subtype, would they qualify for woodborn favored class bonus for soulknife?

2) If my character has the psychic toolkit blade skill, can they create expendable tools like healing kit or is it restricted to tools described in the entry or permanent tools? Can it also be used to create clothing?

24. - Top - End - #84

BardGuy

Got pretty far building the Augmented Blade Soulknife/Strategos, looked at it, and didn't like what I saw. Dropping that, now looking at a Kitsune Hexcrafter Magus or Witch. Mischievous Tail, Ring of Eloquence, and Polymorphic pouch, time to magically prank people without ever leaving fox form.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Whew, been a while since I was last around here, been busy, and came back to this. If this is still open I'll throw my hat in the ring. Now just to see what I might want to build.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Throwing my hat in with a soulknife.

Questions

1) If my character has the mixed blood (trait) and chose the elf subtype, would they qualify for woodborn favored class bonus for soulknife?

2) If my character has the psychic toolkit blade skill, can they create expendable tools like healing kit or is it restricted to tools described in the entry or permanent tools? Can it also be used to create clothing?
    1) Bloodforge, I technically didn't add it in the list of available materials. But sure, for this specific instance, I will allow mixed blood trait and the soulknife bonus. It doesn't mean the rest of the bloodforge book is allowed before someone ask.

2) Just tools, not clothing and not expandable healing kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    Got pretty far building the Augmented Blade Soulknife/Strategos, looked at it, and didn't like what I saw. Dropping that, now looking at a Kitsune Hexcrafter Magus or Witch. Mischievous Tail, Ring of Eloquence, and Polymorphic pouch, time to magically prank people without ever leaving fox form.
    Often part of the process deciding on a final character.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFlash View Post
    Whew, been a while since I was last around here, been busy, and came back to this. If this is still open I'll throw my hat in the ring. Now just to see what I might want to build.
    It is open and so far only one character completed.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I have settled on my character. He will be a Psion 11/Thrallherd 10. Since leadership effects are permitted, I figured I might as well use them.

28. - Top - End - #88

Question, can I base the Alchemical Scoundrel on the Legendary Alchemist? Which means I'll likely need the Quintessence Class feature to make full use of it's discoveries alongside being able to pick up Mutagen or Bombs?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

So, kind of an odd question - blade bangles are a wrist slot item, so you can't by default wear two of them. However, the bangle itself makes mention of potentially using multiple at once. Is this just a case of bad writing, or do you think we're supposed to be able to wear two at once?
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

30. - Top - End - #90

I have settled on my character. He will be a Psion 11/Thrallherd 10. Since leadership effects are permitted, I figured I might as well use them.
    Yes it is indeed allowed.

Question, can I base the Alchemical Scoundrel on the Legendary Alchemist? Which means I'll likely need the Quintessence Class feature to make full use of it's discoveries alongside being able to pick up Mutagen or Bombs?
    Sure, make a note of it somewhere on your sheet, so it would be easier for me when I look at it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    So, kind of an odd question - blade bangles are a wrist slot item, so you can't by default wear two of them. However, the bangle itself makes mention of potentially using multiple at once. Is this just a case of bad writing, or do you think we're supposed to be able to wear two at once?
    Interesting, while it is possible to be a case of bad writing, specific trumps general. Sure, would allow it for two blade bangles.
    Last edited by Melnibonean; 2022-12-09 at 06:41 AM.