New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Saga of Jorunn - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Yep yep. Obviously, dislodging sconces, tying a knife to the pole and cutting the rope, shooting the rope apart with arrows over time, all these will result in dropping the dwarf in question. Which is probably not lethal, but certainly injurious and painful for the dwarves, if you are trying to curry their stunty favor.

I'll let you try using the pole as a brace to climb and male a Scale Sheer Surface roll at flat, with the same number of 'tries' before it breaks.
    ok, thats one success. can i attempt to toss the dwarf onto the mattress in hopes of limiting falling damage?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

your up mrabdiel

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

here is my art of jorunn i generated on nightcafe

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

A fearsome fellow! Are we calling that eye stuff warpaint, maybe? I can work that in...

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

A fearsome fellow! Are we calling that eye stuff warpaint, maybe? I can work that in...
    sounds fine by me!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

i had an idea for a talent for my warpaint

bloodthirsty appearance:

when you spend time applying your warpaint each morning, take a +10 to intimidate checks. at the gm's discretion, he may apply penalties to charm or other social rolls

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    i had an idea for a talent for my warpaint

bloodthirsty appearance:

when you spend time applying your warpaint each morning, take a +10 to intimidate checks. at the gm's discretion, he may apply penalties to charm or other social rolls
    Hmm. I’m more inclined to let it be literally cosmetic; somewhat rolled into the unsettling feature. It would have to be very intimidating paint indeed to provide numerical bonuses! On the bright side, this means it’s free? :)

Also, lol… I love your enthusiasm Bramble, but you’re killing me, you gotta chill!

jorunn looks over the carnage, and will decide against it. "lets push on to fijrgard" he says. turning away and marching onwards.

the rest of the travel goes smoothly, and soon the village of fijrgard comes into view. its a big village, with plenty of fighting men from jorunns calculated eyes. "alright, so we should come up with a cover story about why we're here" he says, looking at marlene and ortel. "any ideas?"
    This might be a bit too much player showrunning. You gotta let me pull the trigger on whether the travel goes smoothly, when you arrive in places, what the nature of those places happens to be, unless I handball it to you and say, as you like to in your games, “tell me what you see when you arrive at this place”. When you’re in the player seat, you have command over your actions, and a certain amount of descriptive control over small things around them. We don’t need to post back and forth about Jorunn borrowing Byjan’s waterskin; you can assume your friend is okay with that kind of thing. And I don’t mind if you create some flavour describing elements of the travel and such.

But big stuff you gotta leave to me, my man; and you might have to expect your warband will mostly be looking to you for the schemes, not providing them! :)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

fine fine, lemme edit my post

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

some questions:

is our dear revenant in full plate, and can i get a hint on what kind of powers he posesses?

if you cant do that, can i at least get how much stronger he is then jorunn?
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-04-26 at 08:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

He is indeed in full plate. He has a great sword which strikes you as obviously magical. I've described him as a chaos knight, but his description of his own prowess - being a champion, taking all comers - suggests that he is a champion of chaos.... which is a career comparable to Champion. He probably has strength, toughness and WS in the 60's, and three attacks. All in all, he is very strong; he would likely defeat Jorunn in combat without an over abundance of difficulty. He is chained, so if Jorunn withdraws from the fight he can't follow; but if Jorunn is frenzing to take advantage of his bear form, he is not able to disengage; he'll fight until he's struck down. And the challenge seems to be an invitation for single combat - try to jump him with the crew, and he will withdraw into his icy tomb.

All in all, to peek behind the curtain, he's a kind of 'special boss' for Jorunn to pick a fight with, probably after he's been through an advanced career of his own, for premium loot. His instinct would tell him this is not a good fight to take for right now - but the idea of him winning isn't so outlandish that it's foolish to try. Even powerful champions are one Ulric's Fury away from being splatted.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

He is indeed in full plate. He has a great sword which strikes you as obviously magical. I've described him as a chaos knight, but his description of his own prowess - being a champion, taking all comers - suggests that he is a champion of chaos.... which is a career comparable to Champion. He probably has strength, toughness and WS in the 60's, and three attacks. All in all, he is very strong; he would likely defeat Jorunn in combat without an over abundance of difficulty. He is chained, so if Jorunn withdraws from the fight he can't follow; but if Jorunn is frenzing to take advantage of his bear form, he is not able to disengage; he'll fight until he's struck down. And the challenge seems to be an invitation for single combat - try to jump him with the crew, and he will withdraw into his icy tomb.

All in all, to peek behind the curtain, he's a kind of 'special boss' for Jorunn to pick a fight with, probably after he's been through an advanced career of his own, for premium loot. His instinct would tell him this is not a good fight to take for right now - but the idea of him winning isn't so outlandish that it's foolish to try. Even powerful champions are one Ulric's Fury away from being splatted.
    oki thanks! im not gonna mess with him now

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

i had an idea for another talent

feral reflex: you may dodge blows in were form at -10.

lemme know if this is to OP

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I don't think it's too powerful generally - 10% is usually the value of a talent, like Menacing gives you +10% on Intimidate checks.

But you can already dodge on your werebear form!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think it's too powerful generally - 10% is usually the value of a talent, like Menacing gives you +10% on Intimidate checks.

But you can already dodge on your werebear form!
    really? i thought the skills from the were from replaced the skills i got

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yep, you are right, I forgot that part, lol.

I am planning to make more functionality available to your bear form, too; just more of a quest thing than a purchased talent thing; so we’re on a similar wavelength

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

how about this

Adrenaline surge: when you reduce an enemy to zero wounds or fewer, gain a phantom wound
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-04-28 at 02:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

more talent ideas:

bloody smile: 1/day when you down an enemy in were form, all enemies in melee must test wp or flee.
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-04-30 at 08:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I will take all these suggestions under advisement. Forcing enemies to flee is pretty hardcore; but perhaps with time you will earn it; along with better enemies!

Also sorry for the delay, finally posted.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

I will take all these suggestions under advisement. Forcing enemies to flee is pretty hardcore; but perhaps with time you will earn it; along with better enemies!

Also sorry for the delay, finally posted.
    thats all good

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

ooc question: does warpstone require a toughness test per piece picked up, or just in general?

also, when it comes to jorunns character, i think he's cautious

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

warpstone mutation test

(1d100)[96]

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

roll for mutation

(1d1000)[355]

fp if necessary

(1d1000)[557]

so if im correct, thats eyestalk or magic resistant
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-05-01 at 02:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Haha, wow, eyestalks. I think it will be much less fun for you to play Jorunn if he suddenly ends up with his eyeballs on stalks or his organs on the outside or something crazy like that.

Fortunately, warpstone has rules and I intend to try to stick to them. I'm going to try to be generous if and when we encounter mutations because this is a heroic solo tale and it's not like you can just have Jorunn die and come back as a different character, like you could in a party game!

How much Warpstone are you hoping to carry? Jorunn has enough sense to know not to touch it directly, as he's shown with his gloves. There's plenty of cloaks and such around from the slain Graelings to wrap chunks. I guess the question is:

How much do you want to carry?

Some options:

One small, fist sized piece.

As much as Jorunn can carry.

As much as everyone in the party can carry.

Or anything in between. There is enough warpstone here for all those options, with plenty left over. Jorunn has never sold warpstone; but if it's as valuable as silver, then this trove represents many, many thousands of sceatta if it can be produced for someone who knows how to fence it on to its primary buyers.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Haha, wow, eyestalks. I think it will be much less fun for you to play Jorunn if he suddenly ends up with his eyeballs on stalks or his organs on the outside or something crazy like that.

Fortunately, warpstone has rules and I intend to try to stick to them. I'm going to try to be generous if and when we encounter mutations because this is a heroic solo tale and it's not like you can just have Jorunn die and come back as a different character, like you could in a party game!

How much Warpstone are you hoping to carry? Jorunn has enough sense to know not to touch it directly, as he's shown with his gloves. There's plenty of cloaks and such around from the slain Graelings to wrap chunks. I guess the question is:

How much do you want to carry?

Some options:

One small, fist sized piece.

As much as Jorunn can carry.

As much as everyone in the party can carry.

Or anything in between. There is enough warpstone here for all those options, with plenty left over. Jorunn has never sold warpstone; but if it's as valuable as silver, then this trove represents many, many thousands of sceatta if it can be produced for someone who knows how to fence it on to its primary buyers.
    i wanna take like just enough to keep me under combat load. if byjan is willing to take some, thats good for me as well

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Happy to give volunteers from the warband a strong cut of profit, of whatever they carry?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Happy to give volunteers from the warband a strong cut of profit, of whatever they carry?
    of course, but the profit depends on how much they carry! jorunn learned a little from liebwen

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

of course, but the profit depends on how much they carry! jorunn learned a little from liebwen
    RIP Leibwen. Village negotiator turned adventurer turned thrall turned reluctant warrior, never fled from battle even when he was wildly outmatched. Absolute real one.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

well thats not good!

a question: agility for running away, and silent move or concealment for sneeki beeki?
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-05-01 at 08:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

You're distant enough that silent move isn't an issue just yet, so it'd just be a concealment roll to try to get some distance from the crater sneakilly. Running doesn't require a roll - they'll see you, and you'll be running, so there's not much up to chance there. It just means that whatever scouts they send to catch you will catch you further away from the crater, and the rest of the herd than if you had failed to sneak. So it's a choice between trying your luck with concealment, or hedgeing bets with running.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

i think ill run, unless someone in my party has concealment