New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Defenders of the District (MSH) IC

Lisa/Fury

"RARRRGHHH!" Fury bellows from deep within, her hair becoming saturated and her face clenching in irritated rage as her arms come up to protect her against the worst of the water blast, before they swing viciously to put the water sorceress out of comission.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Villain wins initiative.

Mighty Mississippi adjusts her attack angle slightly and blasts Fury again. This time, Fury is launched off of the bridge and deep under the water, gasping for air (or raging in frustration.) (If you can make a yellow Agility FEAT, you can cancel your planned action and do something else.)

Mighty Mississippi then turns toward AGR-01 and spits, "You're next, tin man! They will be finding pieces of you for decades!"

Both of your attacks hit, AGR-01 and Bolt, weakening her further.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Oh ****. Well, by his own calculations, AGR-01 will be able to take one more hit like the ones he's been taking without going down. The one after that will result in a catastrophic failure of the current drone body. Nevertheless, the machine stands resolutely before his foe, never letting his mental calculations show as he winds back for another blow.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Another slugfest attack. (1d100)[5]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt sees Fury go underwater, and figures the best thing he can do is to continue to blast the river god with fire, since that seems to be weakening it at least a little. He throws out his arms and points at the god, then launches a blast of flame at it.

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show

Send firebolt at the river creature. (1d100)[80]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Lisa bellows and roars as the water jet impacts her right in the chest, hooking the towering, red anger monster off her feet. She swung out with her fists, grasping with fingers, but all she caught was water as she sailed backwards and into the water.

However, submergence in a coolant did little to diminish the her hot temper, as Fury writhed about in the lake to return her baring's. Planting her feet against the floor, Fury either squats and then leaps out of the river and back to the sorceress, or sprints as fast as she can back to her enemy.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #66

DwarfClericGuy

The heroes win initiative.

AGR-01 misses, almost comedically, causing a chuckle from Mighty Mississippi.
    Bolt lights up the area with fire and notes that Mighty Mississippi's trident is glowing white-hot and her face is almost as red as Fury's. Her water sheath is almost completely gone as well.
    Fury fails her swim check, so makes no progress returning to melee this turn, but is not drowning yet.

Mighty Mississippi misses mightily with her swing against AGR-01. Perhaps chuckling would be an appropriate response from him.

Please declare actions for the next turn.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt realises that he is finally managing to make some progress against the river goddess. He sees that the others are having little fortune against her, and that they need him to help distract the goddess from attacking them. He decides the best thing he can do is to continue doing what he was doing already, launching firebolts to distract her and cut through her protective sheets of water. He throws a hand out, launching a blast of fire at Mighty Mississippi yet again.

Show

(1d100)[5] attack with firebolt.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

AGR-01, unfazed by the mockery, though silently pleased by the matching fumble of his opponent, adjusts his aim and throws another punch, hopefully to better effect, especially now the villain's defenses seemed to be falling.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (1d100)[52]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Fury roars into the bubbling swathes of water clashing about her, her towering, enreddened figure thrashing about in search of solid ground to launch herself from.

ooc:
    Actions: Trying to find solid ground or swim, back up to Mighty Mississippi and sock her.

10. - Top - End - #70

DwarfClericGuy

Villain wins initiative.

Mighty Mississippi continues taunting the two heroes flying around the bridge. "You fools! DC will fall! There is nothing you can do to save this city! Gah! MY HAND!" With that final exhalation, she releases the white-hot trident at AGR-01, perhaps hoping that he will be fried and Fury will be drowned, leaving only Bolt to be dealt with. But her plans continue to falter as the trident flies wide and disappears over the edge of the bridge. Even worse, AGR-01 smashes a fist into her skull as Fury leaps from the river and slams her in the chest. She falls unconscious at their feet, with neither one able to definitively claim the fatal blow. (Bolt missed, but we won't hold that against him.)

You may take a moment to catch your breath, look around, taunt her, etc. I can give you more information afterwards, certainly.
    Last edited by Phantom Genius; 2023-05-19 at 02:42 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt carefully lowers himself to the ground, his jet suit dropping him gently to the ground besides Mississippi. He studies her for a moment, then simply says, "I have never killed a goddess before. It is a strange feeling." He then goes to check on the others to make sure they are all alright.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

AGR-01 is banged up. His drone is dented, scuffed, has holes in it, and possibly has wire sticking out. After dialing down the pain receptors and running a self-diagnostic, the AI is pleased to find no vital systems were destroyed during the battle. All systems operational. With that done, AGR-01 does a quick survey of the scene to asses the damage and locate any civilians who still require assistance.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt stands back over Mississippi's body. He decides that he can't have a life on his conscience, so he immediately leans down beside her and starts to provide first aid. Though he doesn't understand a river goddess's anatomy, he figures it is probably basically human, so he does for her what he would do for a human.

Show

I am not sure what I need to roll for, so I will just make a general roll and you can assign it to a stat as necessary. (1d100)[73]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Fury bellowed and roared over the downed almost-corpse of Mighty Mississippi, her powerful lungs almost blasting the area with sonic waves. Still fused with rage, the towering, red-skinned woman performed her intimidation pantomime before she slowly morphed down and lost height and width as Lisa's more personable image slowly melted into view.

15. - Top - End - #75

DwarfClericGuy

As Bolt "cools down" and Fury changes form, several bystanders rush up to thank them and clap them on the back for their extraordinary bravery. Bolt flips Mississippi over and clears the blood from her mouth. She may be in the hospital for a while, but she won't die here and now. (No roll necessary in MSH, although that flies against the Perter Parker/Uncle Ben origin story.)

Bug is still missing and Fury's clothes were washed away. (Her top and shoes. She's not suddenly naked.)

16. - Top - End - #76

DwarfClericGuy

Should I just keep going?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Lisa panted heavily as she drew herself up to her feet, her figure, thankfully, mostly covered by the highly stretchable lycra she wore underneath her clothes. Though...it wasn't the most modest of of outfits, it was better than tearing off her own clothes whenever she transformed into Fury. We work with what we have.

Breathing hard, recovering, hands on her hips as she peered across the area as she came to her senses, Lisa smiled and offered pleasant, polite smiles to the civilians who approached.

"No worries guys, just helping out!"

"Oh, you should see the other guy!"

"No one got killed, that's the important thing!"

She kept the PR up until the police, authorities and ambulances arrived to tend to any wounded, assess the damage and take Mississippi off to hospital, preferably where she couldn't wake up and drench the place.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt studies his hands, from where the flames magically emanate. It is not the first time he has blasted flame at evildoers, but it never ceases to amaze him that he is capable of such a feat. And it is the first time he has nearly killed someone with his firebolts. He finds himself feeling mixed emotions about the fight. Part of him feels relief that such a powerful foe has been stopped, but part of him feels bad that he harmed her in stopping her. He ends up at a feeling of mild anger that she has forced him into such a position.

He walks over to the other two heroes, and nods respectfully at them. "That wasn't the easiest battle I have ever been a part of. It is fortunate we didn't have to kill her, don't you think?" he says to the other two heroes.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

With no civilian casualties to deal with and all self-diagnostics taken care of, AGR-01 turned to the other heroes as Bolt approached. He replied to the flame-throwing hero's statement by saying "Affirmative. The lack of fatalities was a positive-" AGR-01 suddenly cuts himself off and stares off into space. Pause. It is important to note that it is literally impossible for the eyes on AGR-01's drones to widen. It is also important to note that, at this particular moment in time, they did.

Why?

"We forgot about Bug!"

AGR-01 turned around and rocketed back into the water to search for the presumably drowning hero.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    AGR-01 is doing just what I said IC. Here's a roll if you need it. (1d100)[58]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Unable to act beneath the water, Bolt takes flight and slowly moves above the spot where Bug disappeared. He slowly flies a grid search pattern in order to better the chances of finding Bug, though he can't see any signs of his erstwhile companion.

Show

(1d100)[99] A roll for whatever skill is appropriate for the moment.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

"Yeah, I'd rather see what she has to say for herself!" Lisa responded to the prompt that it was better they didn't have to kill, or cripple, the water wielding sorceress.

At the mention of Bug, Lisa's senses returned to the scene. Where had that kid gotten to?

Lisa stretched her senses across the immediate area, trying to use her control over the earth to locate the downed-form of Bug, if he was in contact with it.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to use Earth Control to kind of 'sense' Bug (I know he's not there lol) if he's laying against the earth somewhere nearb, assumedly unconscious: (1D100)[26]

22. - Top - End - #82

DwarfClericGuy

Two of the heroes have no luck in finding any trace of Bug and a jubilant victory takes a grim turn as rescue personnel help in the search. Fury overhears a DC cop say, "the bodies usually float back to the surface in 3-4 days," but surely that can't be the case here. Bug simply can't go out like that.

Bolt flies a technical pattern across and down the river and miraculously spots Bug's telltale chitinous shell. He calls in AGR-01 who dives in and finds the husk that is left after Bug reverts to his human form. There is no body here, however.

MM is handcuffed and sedated for good measure.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt feels a sense of loss and even mild grief at the loss of Bug, though they were barely known to each other. He continues to search for the human body, though he doubts that he will find anything. As the cops said, the bodies tend to stay underwater and don't surface until well after it is too late to do anything to help them. He travels over to the others, and says, "It appears that the river goddess has scored at least one fatality. I don't know how many civilians she managed to take down on top of that."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

AGR-01 paused beneath the water by the carapace. With a shake of his head he resolved to not give up so easily. What kind of hero would he be if he abandoned his efforts at the first sign of tragedy? Until he sees a corpse, he will operate under the assumption of life, no matter how unlikely it seems. And...if he truly is dead, Bug wouldn't want his body to be claimed by the river until floating up to traumatize passersby. Humans are funny like that. After a moment's deliberation, AGR-01 decides to rely on what he's best at: harnessing his vast computational abilities. In other words, he will calculate the most likely locations an unconscious or barely conscious person would end up, being sure to factor in general size, weight, starting position, and the location of the carapace (as well as any other relevant factors).

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm assuming this'll be a reason feat. (1d100)[93] I'll also commit to spend karma on the roll, especially since we'll each lose 50 karma anyway if we can't find him.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Lisa helped as best she could, using her earth moving powers to shift aside tracts of the ground or close up others. She had a look of desparation on her face as she did it, working with the others as best was able but...in the end, it wasn't enough.

Where is that little bastard? she thought to herself as she pulled aside another swathe of earth and formed it into another area.

If there was any consolation, it was that they couldn't find the body.

26. - Top - End - #86

DwarfClericGuy

AGR-01's computations (and some Karma) lead the heroes down river a short distance where the property damage is not quite as bad, although the local crew team is recovering on the riverbank after their practice turned into the Poseidon Adventure.

They find no Bug and no body, but there are some strange drag-marks leading out of the river, through the grass, and toward the sidewalk.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt takes to the air, trying to get an elevated view of the area in order to locate Bug, or at least, Bug's body.

Show

[/roll]1d100[/roll] FOr whatever roll you want made to find his body.

28. - Top - End - #88

DwarfClericGuy

Bolt flies off in the direction of the drag marks, but loses the trail somewhere in the parking lot.

Someone took Bug and fled the scene, it appears. What would everyone like to do next? The press would certainly like an in-depth interview that skews into questions about your personal lives shortly after the repeated unanswerable questions about Mighty Mississippi's motives.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt tries his best to avoid the press, as giving interviews will negate the benefits of a secret identity. He follows Bug's trail as long as he can, then is forced to give up again when the body's trail disappears. Someone either put him in a vehicle or maybe flew him away. He turns to the others to see if they want to give any interviews. If not, he will gather with them and says, "So. What do we do now? Follow the river goddess to make sure she doesn't escape, or just head back to headquarters?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Interesting. Who would have a motive to kidnap their teammate? These questions are pushed aside by the immediate and literal demands of the press. With an internal sigh, the machine decides to interact with the press for a brief time. So deciding, he tells his companions, "I shall interact with the media for the time being. As it seems unlikely that we will be able to ascertain where Bug was taken, I would recommend returning back to base and getting some rest after the conflict, though you are certainly free to do as you wish. I will return to base in approximately 30 minutes and commence efforts to locate Bug."
    Last edited by MutantDragon; 2023-06-26 at 05:07 PM.