New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Helnith: Assault on the Town of Ash (RPG)

Picking up all the loot's a chore, but I think it'd be simply easier to motion everyone over and ask what people might like, though I likely would want to call dibs on the Water Stone, and give away my extra two sets of Mining Gear so that every new individual might have their own to mine for goodies. After getting loot sorted, I'll answer other pertaining questions about shadowing thusly...

"Ahm, I don't think I've ever tried, or bothered to ask.... if a Time Flute can cure more than one pokemon of it's shadowing affliction." I say directed to Less before turning to the Flotsam, "There is also a way to massage them with certain oils that you could say link to a pokemon's type that also decrease it's shadowing in a much faster manner than simply battling will do. For now, I suggest we recall our friends, return to the pokemon center and inform Nurse Joy of what's occurred so that there won't be any.... oh hey surprise that pokemon you healed was shadowed, and cause a panic or worse at the center. Now if anyone has a healthy pokemon that might be able to carry a knocked out Murkrow to the center, that might help if you're concerned for their well being. I'm NOT certain about taking the shadowed birds there however due to the aforementioned possible problems they might cause. We could TRY to see if one usage of the Time Flute will cure more than one shadowed pokemon after our teams are healed, but you have seen what a shadowed pokemon can do to your friends, so it's critical to be prepared as they're dangerous. IF the Flute manages to cure more than one pokemon at a time, we can see about getting the wild shadowed birds cured as well as any other stragglers. Any other questions, comments, concerns?"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Murkrow Flock:

There don’t seem to be many identifying features on the band to give away its purpose beyond the light and the antennae, even on close examination – it doesn’t even have an ID number or contact information on it. Less does find a small hatch on the inside rim, similar to what you’d find on a watch or other small electronic device to house the battery.

((I don’t think you guys need my input for dividing up the loot, but if I’m wrong on that let me know.))

----------------

Mark (phone call with Mina):

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    "That should be all on my end for now. I'll call Wain and see what he has to say, and then go talk to those people Matt found. If I see you again tonight, I'll update you on how all that junk goes too. Uh...See you later then!"
    Mina smiles. “Later!” And the call ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    <I'm guessing these jobs are per-person? Most of them seem easy. Except that spectral dimension one, holy wow that's crazy. The chairs ones should be easily doable, I'll see if any of the new people are interested in helping.>
    Mina doesn’t respond, so perhaps it wasn’t close enough to storm stuff. Or she might just be running for the exit, as it’s very close to curfew when the text arrives.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't suppose we could just try to unshadow them while they're knocked out?" Flotsam asks.

"I'm not sure what to do.. I think they'll keep causing havoc if we leave them be, but it's also dangerous to heal them.. Maybe we should ask the nurse what she thinks?"

Seeing the others begin looting stuff, Flotsam says, "Oh gosh, and they'll really not be happy when they realize all their shiny stuff has gone missing."

"Well, regardless, I will help my friends! Shadowing or not!" Returning to Hilda and Gypsy, she says, "Let's get back to that Pokémon center and heal up the others. I hope they'll be okay..." Flotsam shivers. One might have thought it was due to being out in the torrential rain and not wearing much, but she was really just thinking about the awful hits that King and Rascal took. Still, she cheers up. "At least they made a bunch of snacks there too. I'm sure that will cheer them up."

Looking down to the wild Luxio, she pats her head again. "I bet you could even have some too."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Less nods along with Matt words while he turns the bracelet over in his hands. The information about shadowing was useful, but Less's mind was more immediately focused on why this uncontrollable Pokemon would have any kind of electronic device attached, unless . . . the thought that came to him was deeply suspicious and felt all to likely. Less immediately attempts to get a nail under the hatch to pop out the battery. If he is successful, he will put the battery itself in his pants pocket. Regardless of success, he will approach Matt with the metal bracelet held in an outstreched hand. When he arrives and sees the pile of bones and the human skull his expression darkens further.

"I agree with your assessment in general, though I disagree on the specific course of action suggested, for two primary reasons. First, the bones around their nesting grounds suggest that this flock has killed before. They are a pressing and immediate danger to any travelers for as long as they remain shadowed. If we leave them here they will likely meet one of two fates. Either they will be killed by other wild Pokemon and used as food, leading to whatever happens when a shadowed Pokemon is physically digested by another, or they will wake and return to their depredations. I would prefer not to be party to the death of any Pokemon if such a death is avoidable, and I would strongly prefer not to inflict this flock upon further passers by. They may even go elsewhere and engage in the same behavior. If so, we might never find them again.

Which brings me to my second point. This metal bracelet was on the Honchkrow's leg. This item, I believe, did not make it's way here by chance. While I am not familiar with the device in any particularity, I believe I can make a guess. Antennae are used to transmit radio signals. The position of this creature, at least, was being monitored, and perhaps other data was being sent as well. I know of only one organization at the moment with the resources and the lack of morals, to make a study of the behavior rampaging shadow Pokemon, assuming that they did not induce this affliction upon the creature themselves."
    Less gives a look to everyone else present that suggests they should all know exactly which organization he's speaking of. "I do not know of any way to read the data that may be present. But perhaps it could be done by a computer expert of some kind. If it cannot be, then the only witness who might be able to tell us more is this Pokemon, and getting its cooperation will no doubt be exceedingly difficult. Still, an attempt would need to be made."

"Given that we cannot leave them without risk, and there is some potential benefit in bringing the Pokemon back, I would counsel that we do so. As to your assessment of the danger, I am entirely agreed. We can minimize risk by restraining the Pokemon, and healing them one at a time. Given that we have defeated them once, I believe we can do so again under more optimal circumstances. If possible, we should also attempt to heal them outside, and away from any vulnerable people or Pokemon. I do not pretend this plan is without risk. I believe I can restrain at least one with my coat and belt. If there are any ropes in that mining kit we may be able to restrain the others as well."

Less looks around and lets out a small cough. "Apologies for slipping into lecture. It is a terrible habit of mine."

With a nod to Floatsom. "If unshadowing them while unconscious is possible, that would also be my preferred solution. Either way, we must be back shortly." Less sneezes, accidentally punctuating his point.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Murkrow Flock:
    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    "I bet you could even have some too."
    The Luxio looks very pleased at this and rubs against Flotsam again.

Less is able to get the battery out with some difficulty. The light stops blinking once it’s removed. ((+Honchkrow Bracelet, Bracelet Battery for Less))

((Note for players: Murkrow are only about 5 lbs apiece, but the Honchkrow is over 60 lbs and will need two people if you intend to carry it yourselves.))
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Akio shudders at this revelation and gestures for help carrying the Honhcrow.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

If anything, Flotsam could help carry one or two Murkrows, if that's what everyone's deciding they want to do - to heal them.. Otherwise, she'll merrily carry on empty-handed, walking along with her pokemon and her new friend?

8. - Top - End - #128

"If Ranger Wain is still in town maybe he might know something about these transmitters."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Less nods. "That sounds like a fine idea."

Less directs Leo to carry a pair of the knocked out Murkrow and then helps Akio with the Honchkrow. Less will make sure that the human bones are left undisturbed, and make a mental note to come back once the weather clears to give the anonymous corpse a proper burial.
    Last edited by Lord Ruby34; 2023-02-08 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Color

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Murkrow Flock:

The group wraps the Honchkrow in Less’ coat and belt, and then Akio and Less pick up the large Dark type. Flotsam takes both Shadow Murkrow (her new Luxio friend eyes the unconscious birds warily) and the group is off, Leo playing guard.

Luckily, all three birds remain unconscious during the slow, awkward trip back to the Center.

The group trundles back to the Pokémon Center arriving about 2:30 PM. The worst of the rain has passed, and now it’s just a moderate drizzle soaking everything.

Buck runs over to greet Less on his entrance, temporarily blocking the door, before the Fire type remembers his manners and goes off to the side to sit – though his tail continues wagging madly. The crowd of people from before have gone, the population inside reduced to a lone trainer exiting from the back of the Center, a man in a Ranger uniform, Buck and the nurse. The last is back behind the front desk, a plate of food forgotten beside her as she speaks to the Ranger.

Most of the food from the breakfast party has likewise vanished, but there is a plate of leftover waffles and a mostly-full dish of bread pudding on the table, which Flotsam’s new Electric-type friend is eyeing speculatively.

Spoiler: Matt
    Show

Matt recognizes Pinklady and Ranger Wain.

The conversation between the nurse and the Ranger breaks off as the Ranger turns and spots Matt.

“There you are! I heard there was trouble but no one could tell me which way you went. Was this it then?” He gestures to the unconscious birds, while the nurse summons some Chansey with stretchers to take them away.

----------------

Pinklady:

You’ve just finished feeding your Pokémon and taken leave of Mark when a knot of trainers comes in the Center door carrying a trio of Shadow Pokémon – two Murkrow and a Honchkrow. Most of the newcomers are strangers to you, but you recognize Matt.

The Arcanine that was waiting patiently in the Center lobby during your own arrival bounds joyfully over to them and nearly knocks the oldest of the four over before remembering itself and taking a dignified seat nearby. Its tail is still wagging madly though.

While the nurse summons some Chansey with stretchers, you hear the Ranger address Matt: “There you are! I heard there was trouble but no one could tell me which way you went. Was this it then?”
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Flotsam interrupts, "Yeah, they took my poor Horsea friend! But be careful, they're shadowed!!" the last bit calling out to the nurse, as the last thing Flotsam wanted was them waking up and blowing up the whole Pokémon center.

When the nurse gets a moment, she'll notice Flotasm still waiting at the counter, a timid smile on her face. "Uh, um.. those shadowed Pokémon also did quite the number on my own..." She gingerly passes forward three Pokéballs as if she was handling eggs she accidentally cracked. "Can you help them please?"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Pokémon Center:

"But be careful, they're shadowed!!"
    The Chansey with the stretchers wave to Flotsam in acknowledgement.

"Uh, um.. those shadowed Pokémon also did quite the number on my own...Can you help them please?"
    “Of course!” The nurse takes Flotsam’s Pokémon and runs them through the healing machine, before handing them back good as new.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Flotsam is relieved to have her Pokémon all healed up. "Thanks!" she beams, and then proceeds to let each of her Pokémon out one a time, checking on them, and then apologizing and fawning all over them.

And then, when the reunion is complete, Flotsam turns to the Luxio. "And she helped us out! Well, kind of," she chuckles. "I appreciate the company. This shadowing is scary business! It's important not to let it spread..."

Almost absentmindedly, since she feels a lot of the food was meant for her before she had to run, Flotsam grabs the trays of food and sets them on the floor. She sits on the floor next to them too.

"Finally! We get to have some snacks! Dig in!" She tries dipping a piece of waffle in the pudding.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2023-02-08 at 10:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Enter Pinklady.]

Soon after the group returns to the Pokemon Center, a young woman with dark green hair appears out of one of the side rooms. Pokeballs sway from attachments on the hem of her skirt as she walks-and-talks with a Hitmonchan walking alongside her.

"- so I'm going to need to box you - no, not like-"

She notices Matt and his newest group, and interrupts herself.

"Oh! Hi, Matt! Are these friends of yours, I don't think any of us have met!"

The Hitmonchan waves.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Akio nods. "Matsubara Akio, at your service"

After getting his beloved Pokémon safe and healthy, Akio's concern is to be part of the group. There is some seriously evil stuff going around, and he needs to stop it, or at least not become its prey.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

As the group trudged back through the rain and mud, Less's mind was churning. What little knowledge he had gained about Shadow Pokemon suggested that they were extremely dangerous. If that flock had fought with a little more coordination that battle could have easily gone the other way. Less's mind kept going back to the skull found by the Flock's perch. Was that merely an unlucky traveler, or had that been a trainer? Questions, and only the two ways to find answers. Either someone with enough knowledge to track that bracelet back, or the Pokemon themselves. And unless they were de-shadowed and captured, the Pokemon likely wouldn't want to talk either.

By the time they made it to the Pokemon Center Less had formed a plan of action. He had meant to offer a compliment to the young man in the armor during the walk back, but between the rain and his own thoughts Less realized he would have to speak to him later. For now, he contented himself with a nod of appreciation and a few words of thanks for taking on the burden of carrying the Honchkrow back.

The first, and most important task on his list, was greeting Buck. The Arcanine made that easy. Less wrapped his arms around the big pup and placed their heads together as soon as they weren't blocking the door. "Well done, Buck. I knew that I could depend on you to keep this place safe." After a brief bout of petting Less leaned in closer. "Next time I try to go off and do something dangerous without you, sit on me until I come to my senses. Now, let's get our old bones out of this rain."

The warmth of the Pokemon Center offered a wonderful reprieve from the rain, though Buck shaking out his fur from the brief venture outside reapplied some of the water Less had wiped off his face. Less took a second to appreciate the change in temperature before moving towards the nurse. He stopped, briefly to introduce himself to the young woman and her Pokemon. "I am Lester Douglass, a pleasure to meet you both. While I'd love to speak at length to everyone here, I'm afraid I must beg your pardon. Ff I don't get these old bones warmed up soon I'll be of no use to anyone for near a week."

When Less arrives at the counter he'll hand over Princess, Hero, and Dancer's Pokeballs. "Is there any way to detect shadowing in a Pokemon before it's released from it's ball? Dancer took a terrible blow from one of the shadowed Pokemon, and i worry for her safety." If Less gets the clear from Nurse Joy, he'll briefly remand the Pokemon into her care for a lunch. "They've already waited too long to eat, they don't need to be waiting on me to warm up before their meal." Less will also ask Nurse Joy if she has any bolstering vitamins for humans, gesturing to his own soaked clothes and grey hair. "Anything that'll make it less likely I take a lingering chill."

That accomplished, Less will beg the brief use of a hot shower, and then get a change of clothes before returning to the lobby approximately half an hour later and checking on his Pokemon, Dancer especially.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Flotsam looks up at the "newcomer": the young woman with dark green hair. Well, Pinklady was a newcomer to her anyway.

The Hitmonchan waves. This causes Flotsam to smile from her sitting position on the floor, sitting amongst like six pokemon chowing down on something, and she waves to both Pinklady and the Hitmonchan, before turning around again. Flotsam probably looked a bit strange.. a damp youngish waif with a mop of bright orange and wet hair, sitting on the ground in just a swimsuit.

Well.. at least, she either was a trainer, or at least seemed to have a great affinity for Pokémon.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Pokémon Center:

The nurse heals up all the Pokémon belonging to the group which she is given, returning them with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
    "Is there any way to detect shadowing in a Pokemon before it's released from it's ball? Dancer took a terrible blow from one of the shadowed Pokemon, and i worry for her safety."
    “Oh don’t worry, your Pokédex should be able to tell you if her Shadow Gauge rises, in or out of the ball. Dancer is fine.”

The nurse is able to arrange Pokéchow for the Pokémon, but tells Less sadly, “I’m sorry we don’t stock human vitamins, our care for humans is mostly aimed at younger trainers and misadventures while travelling. But I can have one of the Chansey bring you some herbal tea, and the restaurant staff from across town sent us some extra fresh fruit to replace what they cooked up this morning, if that’s all right?”

While Less is warming up, the nurse apparently decides this is a good idea regardless, and has one of the Chansey bring out a pot of herbal tea to go with the waffles and pudding for the rest of the people in the lobby. It’s very bitter and hot.

When Less emerges from the showers, he finds a Chansey waiting for him with a hot blanket and the aforementioned tea and tropical fruit ((if Less said yes to those)).
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    The conversation between the nurse and the Ranger breaks off as the Ranger turns and spots Matt.

“There you are! I heard there was trouble but no one could tell me which way you went. Was this it then?” He gestures to the unconscious birds, while the nurse summons some Chansey with stretchers to take them away.
    "Ah yes, hello Ranger Wain, good to see you again PinkLady, yeah a Murkrow flock swooped off with a...uh...Horsea I think. Belonged to one of the trainers in the pokemon center when I left you at the restaurant to inform everyone that they could return and everything should be back to normal. Some of the Murkrow were shadowed and there was a Honchkrow with them. One of the birds had a transmitter of sorts attached to it. One of the more...techno-savvy youngsters took it off and removed the battery. Thought perhaps you'd know if it belonged to Bandra or not. Also had a few of our pokemon get knocked out and likely shadowed during the fight. You wouldn't know off hand if a Time Flute can be used on multiple shadow pokemon at the same time would you?"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Pokémon Center:

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    "Ah yes, hello Ranger Wain, good to see you again PinkLady, yeah a Murkrow flock swooped off with a...uh...Horsea I think. Belonged to one of the trainers in the pokemon center when I left you at the restaurant to inform everyone that they could return and everything should be back to normal. Some of the Murkrow were shadowed and there was a Honchkrow with them. One of the birds had a transmitter of sorts attached to it.”
    This last makes Ranger Wain look worried. “A transmitter, you said? May I see it?” As soon as the Ranger asks, Matt recalls that Less has the transmitter in question and also realizes that Less took off for the showers mere moments ago.

"One of the more...techno-savvy youngsters took it off and removed the battery.”
    Less is also not present to be either complimented or offended at being called a ‘youngster’ by someone young enough to be his son.

"Thought perhaps you'd know if it belonged to Bandra or not. Also had a few of our pokemon get knocked out and likely shadowed during the fight.”
    Ranger Wain looks even more alarmed. “They had Spectral-type attacks?! I guess I owe all of you a debt for tracking those Shadow Pokémon down, then. But wait, ‘likely’ have been Shadowed? Your Pokédexes should be able to detect that, one way or the other. And the Pokémon turn black and purple if they become Shadowed, it should be obvious just by looking at them.”

You wouldn't know off hand if a Time Flute can be used on multiple shadow pokemon at the same time would you?"
    “I don’t see why not,” he replies in his usual drawl, “The issue is those things are old, and if you blow on them too much or too hard they fall apart.”
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2023-02-09 at 07:40 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Akio nods. "Matsubara Akio, at your service"
    He stopped, briefly to introduce himself to the young woman and her Pokemon. "I am Lester Douglass, a pleasure to meet you both. While I'd love to speak at length to everyone here, I'm afraid I must beg your pardon. Ff I don't get these old bones warmed up soon I'll be of no use to anyone for near a week."
    "Ah yes, hello Ranger Wain, good to see you again PinkLady, yeah a Murkrow flock swooped off with a...uh...Horsea I think."
    "Hello, Matsubara and Lester! A Murkrow attack, huh..."

She notices there's a Horsea among Flotsam's bunch and smiles.

"Good thing you were all there!"

While Less is busy getting warmed up, Pinklady addresses Akio in particular.

"So, is giving this sort of help a regular thing for you? It's a really good thing to have done either way, of course! Just wondering if I'll - we'll - "

She indicates Matt with a quick tilt of her head.

"- be seeing you more going forward!"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Flotsam murmurs something to her flock of Pokémon, then gets up briefly and stretches, heading toward the human conversation.

"Hi," she says.

"The Horsea was with me. Poor thing, Gypsy was scared to death and almost became a meal! You should have seen all those bones around their nest! Doesn't seem like anyone else got shadowed though, which is good.."

She points off to the back of the building somewhere. "They took the shadowed crows somewhere back there. I don't know what their plan is, but I'm sure it'll be okay."

The girl flashes a smile to the ranger and Pinklady. "I'm Flotsam by the way. Nice to meet you all!"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Flotsam murmurs something to her flock of Pokémon, then gets up briefly and stretches, heading toward the human conversation.

"Hi," she says.

"The Horsea was with me. Poor thing, Gypsy was scared to death and almost became a meal! You should have seen all those bones around their nest! Doesn't seem like anyone else got shadowed though, which is good.."

She points off to the back of the building somewhere. "They took the shadowed crows somewhere back there. I don't know what their plan is, but I'm sure it'll be okay."

The girl flashes a smile to the ranger and Pinklady. "I'm Flotsam by the way. Nice to meet you all!"
    "Nice to meet you too, Flotsam! I'm glad everything came out fine in the end."

She looks at the back of the building, where Flotsam indicated. "Taken back there by Pokemon Center staff, right?" She frowns a moment, unsure if they could've ended up in bad hands.

Wow, look how quickly I've become paranoid about Bandra!

Meanwhile, her Hitmonchan - nicknamed Sport, though she hasn't mentioned that yet - approaches Flotsam's flock and sits down somewhat-nearby. He starts talking in Pokéspeak, reassuring words towards Gypsy.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Akio tells PinkLady "A samurai path is duty, and my duty is here!" After a pause he shrugs. "Yeah, I was sent out to seek my fortune here in Helnith, and I want to to help as best I can. It looks like I can do some good, if you'll have me."

"Also, no offense, but "Matsubara" is my surname. You can call me "Akio." I know sone Johtoans use this language's conventions, but it really doesn't fit with my Samurai mystique"
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2023-02-10 at 09:55 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"That's great! Of course we'll have you!"

She momentarily pales in embarrassment at the name correction but quickly recovers.

"Oh! Sorry, Akio, I've never met someone who used that convention before. You're from Johto, you say?"

26. - Top - End - #146

"Ahm, it appears the individual that disappeared had the transmitter device... Where the heck did HE go now?" *sigh* They might as well be teenagers...gosh darn disappear like them soon as your back is turned! "Now that you mention it, the ones knocked out are probably fine... I don't recall any shadowing like when we faced that Bandra leader in the ruins so... that's a relief... Still have those shadowed birds to deal with though if they wake up or get healed." I can't help wonder what the Time Flute is made out of as far as material... Really wish there was lab equipment around where I might be able to run some tests or theorize how to do other things. Like find out how the massaging oil could be used in a different way to de-shadow pokemon.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

“Oh don’t worry, your Pokédex should be able to tell you if her Shadow Gauge rises, in or out of the ball. Dancer is fine.”
    "I've always struggled with that contraption." Less says, his tone lightly self-flagellating.

The nurse is able to arrange Pokéchow for the Pokémon, but tells Less sadly, “I’m sorry we don’t stock human vitamins, our care for humans is mostly aimed at younger trainers and misadventures while travelling. But I can have one of the Chansey bring you some herbal tea, and the restaurant staff from across town sent us some extra fresh fruit to replace what they cooked up this morning, if that’s all right?”
    "That sounds like just the thing for these old bones. Thank you, Ms. Joy."

While Less is warming up, the nurse apparently decides this is a good idea regardless, and has one of the Chansey bring out a pot of herbal tea to go with the waffles and pudding for the rest of the people in the lobby. It’s very bitter and hot.

When Less emerges from the showers, he finds a Chansey waiting for him with a hot blanket and the aforementioned tea and tropical fruit ((if Less said yes to those)).
    Less will happily take both tea and fruit while he checks on Dancer. The bitterness is unpleasant, but Less had long ago learned to take his medicine without any complaint. If he hadn't, Emilia would never have consented to take her own.

Less's check over his bird Pokemon mostly involves having the Dodou spin while Less feeds her the occasional piece of fruit. She was, of course, perfectly healthy. Less had never met a Nurse Joy that was anything less than fastidious in her work, but more than thirty years of grading student assignments left enough psychological scars that Less didn't consider not checking Dancer over himself.

Less will nod to the table once more, then approach Nurse Joy one more time. "Would you be terribly offended if I inquired about those Shadowed Pokemon? I feel like I have a responsibility to ensure that you and yours are not put in any additional danger by our decision to bring them here," he says. "I have no desire to interfere in their treatment, but I was wondering if the treatments available here will help return them to their right minds? Either way, I would like to check on them. As I said, I feel some measure of responsibility for the poor creatures."

Once Less finishes his conversation with Nurse Joy, and his check on the Shadowed Birds, if permitted, he will return to the table with the rest of the group, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders and a hot cup of tea in his hands.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Akio tells PinkLady "A samurai path is duty, and my duty is here!" After a pause he shrugs. "Yeah, I was sent out to seek my fortune here in Helnith, and I want to to help as best I can. It looks like I can do some good, if you'll have me."

"Also, no offense, but "Matsubara" is my surname. You can call me "Akio." I know sone Johtoans use this language's conventions, but it really doesn't fit with my Samurai mystique"
    Flotsam pretty much giggles at these antics. "Well, I really appreciate the help, Mr. Samurai. Thanks!"

"Ahm, it appears the individual that disappeared had the transmitter device... Where the heck did HE go now?" *sigh* They might as well be teenagers...gosh darn disappear like them soon as your back is turned! "Now that you mention it, the ones knocked out are probably fine... I don't recall any shadowing like when we faced that Bandra leader in the ruins so... that's a relief... Still have those shadowed birds to deal with though if they wake up or get healed." I can't help wonder what the Time Flute is made out of as far as material... Really wish there was lab equipment around where I might be able to run some tests or theorize how to do other things. Like find out how the massaging oil could be used in a different way to de-shadow pokemon.
    "What, you mean the older man with the mustache? I forgot what his name was. Lesh.. Lass? No, that doesn't sound right."

"Hm. I dunno where he went, anyway."

She shrugs and returns to her Pokémon, who had devoured absolutely everything in the bowls and platters.

"Seems like you all were really hungry! Hm.. I think I heard there was a restaurant nearby..."
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2023-02-11 at 01:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Pokémon Center:

(Less: )

"Would you be terribly offended if I inquired about those Shadowed Pokemon? I feel like I have a responsibility to ensure that you and yours are not put in any additional danger by our decision to bring them here," he says. "I have no desire to interfere in their treatment, but I was wondering if the treatments available here will help return them to their right minds? Either way, I would like to check on them. As I said, I feel some measure of responsibility for the poor creatures."
    The nurse does not seem offended at all; rather the opposite in fact. “Oh don’t worry, we have them secured until they can be treated for their injuries. Usually we can’t do anything for Shadowing, but with the Ranger’s help we should be able to purify them too, since they had so much of the Shadowing burned away beforehand. Speaking of which, I think he was looking for you earlier.”

The Nurse tells you she has no issue with you checking on the Shadowed flock, provided you stay out of arm’s reach for safety reasons.

“And that reminds me, this belongs to you I believe,” and she returns Less his coat and belt.

In the back the Honchkrow and both Murkrow have been very thoroughly strapped to gurneys, to the point they look more like oddly-shaped mummies than birds. This proves to be completely necessary, however; as you watch one of the birds awakens and starts flailing madly under the restraints hard enough to make the gurney jerk in place, screeching at the top of its lungs with soulless bloodlust in its eyes. The Chansey watching over it starts to sing a gentle song and the Shadow Pokémon’s movements weaken until it falls back asleep.

(Flotsam: )

You recall seeing a restaurant on the north side of town while you were out playing in the rain earlier.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Less takes the opportunity to inspect the shadowed Pokemon. It's his first opportunity to see the birds conscious since the fight and he doesn't waste it.

It's the eyes that scared him, the feeling of hate. Pokemon might attack humans in anger, to defend their territory, or to protect their young. Some Pokemon were even famous for their short tempers. But this wasn't anger. It was a desire to kill him, to kill everyone. It was like a shroud of evil had been placed over the Pokemon, obscuring who they were behind a veil of hate and bloodlust. Someone, or something, had done this to these Pokemon.

"Who did this to you?" Less finds himself whispering. He had to stop himself from approaching further and comforting the creatures. They were likely beyond comfort for the moment.

He listens for a moment to Nurse Joy, takes his coat and belt, and then nods. "Thank you, nurse. Please, let me know if there is anything else that I can do for these poor creatures." After receiving a response from Nurse Joy, Less will make sure his Pokemon have finished eating and stretching and then recall all of them except Buck to their Pokeballs to free up some space in the Center.

Only then, with his Pokemon tended to, and the shadowed birds checked on, does Less make his way out towards the table and sits down with his tea. "My apologies for tarrying. When you get to be my age, sitting around in wet clothes for too long starts to be dangerous, not just uncomfortable." Less will say, while shaking hands with his new acquaintances.

"Ranger, Nurse Joy informed me that you might be able to help the shadowed Pokemon out more directly that she can?" Less's voice takes on a questioning note as he speaks.