New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Helnith: Assault on the Town of Ash (RPG)

Less, earlier in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    A very big nod.
    Bandra and a Tyranitar. Less's expression went grim. There were other possibilities, but the most likely came recurrent to his mind. Selene Icharias. Former champion of the Pokemon League. Current leader of Bandra. Less had sat at the same dinner table as her, when Emilia was inducted into the Elite Four. They hadn't spoken much beyond pleasantries, but Less would never have suspected her of theft, murder, and uncounted atrocities if Emilia hadn't confirmed it.

Another nod, then the Honchkrow unexpectedly hops up onto your shoulder ((60 pounds, remember! )) to preen your hair.
    Less's deathly serious thoughts are interrupted by the large bird flapping onto his shoulder. The sound that came out his mouth was somewhere between a "Gack" and an "Oof". If he hadn't already been sitting down, Less was sure he would have born to the ground by the unexpected weight. As it was, he was mostly able to remain sitting, though his left hand was now on the floor, helping bear the Honchkrow's weight. A second later, the situation drew an honest laugh from deep in his chest, and his right hand moved up to stroke the Honchkrow's feathers. "Is this a way of saying I need to pay better attention to my grooming?" Less smiled, but his eyes grow sad again, even as he gently pets the giant bird that's slowly bearing him to the floor. "The people who hurt your trainer are trying to hurt my daughter. They may have captured her. Or forced her into hiding." Less's voice doesn't waiver as he speaks. "I don't know. But I will find her, and make sure that she's safe. And then I will do whatever I can to stop Bandra. To hurt them." It's at this point that Nurse Joy walks back into the room.

“Of course!” she steps out and a few minutes later comes back with Pokéchow for all three birds. The Honchkrow hops off again and is quickly distracted from any more questioning by the food.
    Less gives the birds plenty of time to eat. When the dark-types have finished their food Less said, "I'm going to head back to where my acquaintances and I found you. Bandra might be there, looking for you. Would you like to come there with me? If they are, I intend to use them to help find my daughter." Less pauses, and awaits the Honchkrow's answer.

----------------

Less and Pinklady, present time

On the walk to the hill Less makes polite conversation with Pinklady, by the time they had almost reached the hill Less was about to ask about the young woman's odd name, "Pinklady, that has to have an interesting etymo--"
    , then he feels the tug on the back of the his clothes,

Less will drop immediately at the tugging on his shirt, and emphatically gestures for Pinklady to do the same. No way to call out any of his other Pokemon without giving himself away, but Less was at least grateful that Buck was a few steps back, and also now on his belly in the grass a few steps behind the trainers. Less raises a finger to his lips, then cups his ear, trying to hear what the occupants of the jeep might be saying.

Spoiler: Pinklady/KI
    Show

essCee, If you want to roll-play a conversation during the walk, I'm all for it. I just didn't want to split the timeline further without asking you or our DM.

KI, let me know if I shouldn't already have Buck out for this scene. He hasn't been his Pokeball yet, so I figured it would be okay, but I can retcon that if you'd like. Also, what's the weather like at the moment?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

I guess we'll put in the...first egg?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post

On the walk to the hill Less makes polite conversation with Pinklady, by the time they had almost reached the hill Less was about to ask about the young woman's odd name, "Pinklady, that has to have an interesting etymo--"
    , then he feels the tug on the back of the his clothes,

Less will drop immediately at the tugging on his shirt, and emphatically gestures for Pinklady to do the same. No way to call out any of his other Pokemon without giving himself away, but Less was at least grateful that Buck was a few steps back, and also now on his belly in the grass a few steps behind the trainers. Less raises a finger to his lips, then cups his ear, trying to hear what the occupants of the jeep might be saying.
    Pinklady's already on her way to dropping to the ground when Less gestures her to do so, having started when the birds went silent. While Less listens for conversation, Pinklady puts her ear to the ground to listen for other noises.

Spoiler: Pinklady/KI
    Show

essCee, If you want to roll-play a conversation during the walk, I'm all for it. I just didn't want to split the timeline further without asking you or our DM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sure thing! Shouldn't affect the later events, will be good to go with KI's approval.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Less (earlier, with the Murkrow):

The Honchkrow lets Less pet her and even seems to enjoy it.

"The people who hurt your trainer are trying to hurt my daughter. They may have captured her. Or forced her into hiding. I don't know. But I will find her, and make sure that she's safe. And then I will do whatever I can to stop Bandra. To hurt them."
    The Honchkrow gives Less’ hair one last preen before she hops off and gives her attention to the food.

----------------

Less and Pinklady (conversation):

((Just in case you didn’t see the note in the OoC: Absolutely you guys can chit-chat in-character if you want. Also, the rain stopped about the time you two left.))

(At the outcrop):

((And yes it’s fine for Buck to already be out. I was half-expecting you to ride him there.))

Spoiler: Less
    Show

You can’t make out every word, but you can tell there are at least two of them, they’re looking for something, and not finding it. You can hear faint crackling in the air as well.

Spoiler: Pinklady
    Show

With your ear to the ground you can hear big, heavy footsteps and the occasional shifting of rock.

----------------

Matt:

You put Mystery Egg 1 in the Incubator. The Pokédex estimates its current hatch time to be about three to three-and-a-half days from now, with the non-incubated Egg being closer to a week out.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Less, earlier, during Bird Time

Less gives the birds plenty of time to eat. When the dark-types have finished their food Less said, "I'm going to head back to where my acquaintances and I found you. Bandra might be there, looking for you. Would you like to come there with me? If they are, I intend to use them to help find my daughter." Less pauses, and awaits the Honchkrow's answer.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Reposting exactly because I'm not sure if it was not seen, or because the Birds did not want to respond. Either was is good, but checking.

----------------

Less, at an intermediate time after talking with the Birds

Less entered the the Pokemon Center's lobby after finishing his conversation with the Murkrows and the Honchkrow, and made his way over to Pinklady. "I appreciate you volunteering to come with me. I know it's likely to be dreadfully boring, standing about for several hours, but I feel secure in having someone with me."

----------------

Present Time

Less looks at Pinklady and points to his own chest, then his ear, before holding up two fingers. After a brief moment, he then stretches his hand out slightly, and wiggles it side to side, before pointing upwards with his thumb.

After waiting for a reply, Less will slowly mime hitting one palm with his closed fist before drawing a question mark in the air with his finger.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

((My bad, sorry!))

"I'm going to head back to where my acquaintances and I found you. Bandra might be there, looking for you. Would you like to come there with me? If they are, I intend to use them to help find my daughter."
    The Honchkrow tilts her head at you, then straightens up, squawking at the Murkrow. The latter line up with military precision, and salute with their wings.

The Ranger looks like he’s getting ready to head out himself, but sticks his head in long enough to put in a quick comment: “Looks like you’re all ready to go. The nurse gave the ladies a clean bill of health; stick close, the rest of the flock might not take too kindly to you showing up after you fought them earlier, and your new friends might be able to smooth some ruffled feathers in that case.” The Honchkrow apparently knows enough about humans to know that was a terrible pun, and glares at Ranger Wain. He holds both hands up in front of himself and says good-naturedly: “Sorry, sorry, I’ll see myself out!”

----------------

Less and Pinklady (earlier, en route to the outcrop):

((I don’t think you two need any input from me here, but if I’m wrong, let me know!))

----------------

Less and Pinklady (at the outcrop):

The pair of Murkrow have slipped out of the brush to stand by the Honchkrow, so all three of them are watching Less’ hand gestures. It’s unclear if they understand him or not, but when he finishes, they turn as one to watch Pinklady’s reaction.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Less, at an intermediate time after talking with the Birds

Less entered the the Pokemon Center's lobby after finishing his conversation with the Murkrows and the Honchkrow, and made his way over to Pinklady. "I appreciate you volunteering to come with me. I know it's likely to be dreadfully boring, standing about for several hours, but I feel secure in having someone with me."
    "I'm happy to help! Plus, I sure know I've got to get some more experience with all this Shadow Pokemon and Bandra business... I only recently came here. What about you, are you native to here or did you come from elsewhere, too?"

Present Time

Less looks at Pinklady and points to his own chest, then his ear, before holding up two fingers. After a brief moment, he then stretches his hand out slightly, and wiggles it side to side, before pointing upwards with his thumb.
    Pinklady nods. Following his instruction - or at least, what she thinks is his instruction - she takes one of the Pokeballs from her skirt, mimes rolling it, and then points up.

After waiting for a reply, Less will slowly mime hitting one palm with his closed fist before drawing a question mark in the air with his finger.
    Pinklady holds up a hand palm-outwards, then puts that hand's fingertips to her head, holds up three fingers, and proceeds to lightly dig at the ground with two fingers. She concludes by gesturing to her held Pokeball.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

((My bad, sorry!))

The Honchkrow tilts her head at you, then straightens up, squawking at the Murkrow. The latter line up with military precision, and salute with their wings.

The Ranger looks like he’s getting ready to head out himself, but sticks his head in long enough to put in a quick comment: “Looks like you’re all ready to go. The nurse gave the ladies a clean bill of health; stick close, the rest of the flock might not take too kindly to you showing up after you fought them earlier, and your new friends might be able to smooth some ruffled feathers in that case.” The Honchkrow apparently knows enough about humans to know that was a terrible pun, and glares at Ranger Wain. He holds both hands up in front of himself and says good-naturedly: “Sorry, sorry, I’ll see myself out!”
    ((No problem! Big segmented post!))

Less will incline his head slowly to the birds and nod in appreciation. Before they leave, Less will pull out his Pokedex and try to get a read on the three birds.

----------------

Quote Originally Posted by essCee View Post
    "I'm happy to help! Plus, I sure know I've got to get some more experience with all this Shadow Pokemon and Bandra business... I only recently came here. What about you, are you native to here or did you come from elsewhere, too?"
    "I appreciate it nonetheless," Less says, as he holds the door to the Pokemon Center so Pinklady and the parade of Flying-Types can head out. "I've lived here in Helnith, in Siltis Village by the northern coast, for more than thirty five years. i was born in Unova, though I haven't been back in two decades. How about you?"
    ----------------

Pinklady nods. Following his instruction - or at least, what she thinks is his instruction - she takes one of the Pokeballs from her skirt, mimes rolling it, and then points up.
    Less turns his head sideways. One of the problems of pantomime, of course, was that what was obvious to one person was not necessarily obvious to another, and Less knew he had very little idea what Pinklady was trying to tell him at this moment. Still, he made the decision to trust his companion and nodded his head in approval of her plan.

Pinklady holds up a hand palm-outwards, then puts that hand's fingertips to her head, holds up three fingers, and proceeds to lightly dig at the ground with two fingers. She concludes by gesturing to her held Pokeball.
    Less will tilt his head quizzically, then gesture to each side of the hill. With that, Less will start moving, keeping low in the grass and trying to avoid making much noise as he moves to the side to get a better angle, and potentially a covert look at what's happening.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"I appreciate it nonetheless," Less says, as he holds the door to the Pokemon Center so Pinklady and the parade of Flying-Types can head out. "I've lived here in Helnith, in Siltis Village by the northern coast, for more than thirty five years. i was born in Unova, though I haven't been back in two decades. How about you?"
    ----------------
    As she exits the Pokemon Center, Pinklady pulls up her map to check out the village Less spoke of. "Oh, cool! I've lived in Unova all my life, down in Pinwheel Forest. I only got here a couple days ago, and it sure has been different!"

She walks a bit ahead so she can turn around and walk backwards while they chat while heading to the outcrop. "I haven't seen much of Helnith yet, actually... what's a place I gotta see when I get the chance?"

Spoiler: Outcrop
    Show

(Haven't replied re:outcrop in case you have input, KI)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

As she exits the Pokemon Center, Pinklady pulls up her map to check out the village Less spoke of. "Oh, cool! I've lived in Unova all my life, down in Pinwheel Forest. I only got here a couple days ago, and it sure has been different!"

She walks a bit ahead so she can turn around and walk backwards while they chat while heading to the outcrop. "I haven't seen much of Helnith yet, actually... what's a place I gotta see when I get the chance?"
    Less smiled at the young woman's energy, and reached down to ruffle Buck's fur as the large Pokemon trotted along beside him. "My family was from just outside Driftveil City. My brother still lives there, I believe. As for Helnith" Less paused and the smile faded from his face. His voice was a little lower, a little slower, as he continued. "You should have seen it years ago. The war, and the absence of our guardian Pokemon, has blighted the region. Nothing is quite as it once was. Dewdrop Forest used to be spectacular, especially after the rain. My daughter and I would hike for hours, listening to the sounds of the Pokemon and taking in the forest. It was so alive then. There was always something amazing to see around every bend."

With a shake of his head, Less carried on. "But enough of that. I'm sure word of our troubles here as reached distant shores. What brought you to a war zone?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

You scan the birds: the Pokédex reports that they have all leveled up since you fought them and de-Shadowed them. The Honchkrow is now level 36 when she had been level 35, the two Murkrow had been level 30 and were now level 32 and…that was odd.

The Pokédex reports that Murkrow A now has Wind Rider for an Ability.

----------------

The Honchkrow follows Less on foot; the Murkrow hesitate, then stay put with Pinklady when the larger bird motions for them to remain where they are.

Spoiler: Less
    Show

Now that there isn’t a lot of solid rock between you and the sources of the voices, you can see two women, one in a typical Grunt uniform and the other in a lab coat with a small but identifiable spiky purple B on the collar of her coat; obviously Bandra.

There are also a couple net bags hanging from the outcrop – the thickness and texture is consistent with a Pokémon attack, String Shot or Spider Web or something of the sort. The Honchkrow sees these and practically growls: on closer examination the bags contain the remainder of the Murkrow flock, none of whom are moving.

Finally you see there is a Magnemite standing guard near the two humans and a Graveler not much farther away; the latter is plucking the net bags off the outcrop and carrying them over to the truck.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Less smiled at the young woman's energy, and reached down to ruffle Buck's fur as the large Pokemon trotted along beside him. "My family was from just outside Driftveil City. My brother still lives there, I believe. As for Helnith" Less paused and the smile faded from his face. His voice was a little lower, a little slower, as he continued. "You should have seen it years ago. The war, and the absence of our guardian Pokemon, has blighted the region. Nothing is quite as it once was. Dewdrop Forest used to be spectacular, especially after the rain. My daughter and I would hike for hours, listening to the sounds of the Pokemon and taking in the forest. It was so alive then. There was always something amazing to see around every bend."

With a shake of his head, Less carried on. "But enough of that. I'm sure word of our troubles here as reached distant shores. What brought you to a war zone?"
    Pinklady is quiet as Less describes the past, her attention only broken by the occasional glance behind herself to prevent herself from stumbling as she walked backwards. In contrast to her energy a moment ago, she's silent for a moment while giving his question its appropriate consideration. "Well... I've always been keen on helping Pokemon. And people, when it comes up. Most of these guys..."
    She sways her skirt to make the Pokeballs clipped on swing a bit. "...were Pokemon I rescued. So when I heard that there was a whole region that needed all the help it could get... I just knew I had to do what I could!"

Less turns his head sideways. One of the problems of pantomime, of course, was that what was obvious to one person was not necessarily obvious to another, and Less knew he had very little idea what Pinklady was trying to tell him at this moment. Still, he made the decision to trust his companion and nodded his head in approval of her plan.

Less will tilt his head quizzically, then gesture to each side of the hill. With that, Less will start moving, keeping low in the grass and trying to avoid making much noise as he moves to the side to get a better angle, and potentially a covert look at what's happening.
    Pinklady proceeded with what she signed, and quietly released her Skiploom, Leapsy. Pinklady signed instructions to her - she pointed up, then pointed three fingers down and moved them in a circle - and Leapsy took to the sky. While Pinklady hoped Leapsy wouldn't attract any special attention - banking on the Bandra thinking she was just a wild one - she kept her Pokeball at the ready, in case she'd need to quickly recall her.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

After paying for the food and drink Flotsam enjoys some more time in the restaurant.. hopefully not wearing out her welcome.

"So.. Akio, was it? Where were you from again? I've never met anyone wearing.. armor like that? It's interesting," she says.

"Is it more like for decoration, or has it saved you before? Is it heavy?" she asks.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm." That ability was unfamiliar. Less prompted his Pokedex to spit out a bit more information.

----------------
    Less and Pinklady, on the Road

"Then you have a bigger heart than most."
    Less states. "I wish there were more people with such compassion and will to assist as yourself. Your actions do you credit, young lady." Less pauses for a moment, then adds "What did you rescue your Pokemon from?"
    ----------------

A sharp current of anger ran through Less as he looked down at the Bandra goons taking the Murkrow away. The coldly rational part of his brain told him to move back, and signal Pinklady, to call Jon and get help before proceeding. The part that wanted to act told him to have Buck charge, to scatter the Pokemon thieves and leave them broken on the ground as retribution for what they had done to these Pokemon, what they had done to the region. The Honchcrow beside him made a noise of fury, and Less made his decision.

He gestured to Buck, then pointed to the Magnimite. He looked at the Honchkrow, and made a similar gesture, before pointing towards the Rock-Type, but held a finger up, and looked at Pinklady, his cane tucked in the crook of an elbow, and his legs gathered under him to stand. There were a pair of Pokeball's in his left hand, and his right hand was up, five fingers extended, clearly in few of Pinklady, Buck, and the large Flying type.

Less tucked his thumb in.

Then his pinky.

Two fingers.

One.

Zero.

Less's hand opened up and shot forward again, the universal signal for go.

With no further warning, Less stood up and yelled, "Buck! Fire Fang! Honchkrow, hit Graveler with a dark type attack!"

Spoiler: Attacks and Targets
    Show

Buck is going to Fire Fang the Magnimite. Asking the Honchkrow to use a Dark Type move on the Graveler, as Less doesn't know her move list.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

----------------

"Then you have a bigger heart than most."
    Less states. "I wish there were more people with such compassion and will to assist as yourself. Your actions do you credit, young lady." Less pauses for a moment, then adds "What did you rescue your Pokemon from?"
    Pinklady smiles brightly at the praise.
    "Well, Leapsy here..." She throws one of her Pokeballs in the air, and a Skiploom emerges. "When she was just a wild Hoppip, she got caught out in an absolutely awful storm... the sort that can even break trees!" She punctuates her story with a dramatic gesticulation. "Hoppip are maybe a bit too well-equipped to go with the winds, and she was getting thrown every which way, slammed into trees and rocks... Pinklady lightly pats Leapsy on the head as she chirrups sadly. "But I caught... well, wind of it! Fortunately, my team and I were able to set up a counterwind and safely catch her! And she's stuck right by my side ever since!"

Pinklady smiled at Leapsy. "Everyone on my team's got a story like that, besides my first. Oh, and besides the ones I just caught last night, here! I figured it's probably a good idea to find some more the old-fashioned way, now that I'm going up against something stronger than really bad weather."

A sharp current of anger ran through Less as he looked down at the Bandra goons taking the Murkrow away. The coldly rational part of his brain told him to move back, and signal Pinklady, to call Jon and get help before proceeding. The part that wanted to act told him to have Buck charge, to scatter the Pokemon thieves and leave them broken on the ground as retribution for what they had done to these Pokemon, what they had done to the region. The Honchcrow beside him made a noise of fury, and Less made his decision.

He gestured to Buck, then pointed to the Magnimite. He looked at the Honchkrow, and made a similar gesture, before pointing towards the Rock-Type, but held a finger up, and looked at Pinklady, his cane tucked in the crook of an elbow, and his legs gathered under him to stand. There were a pair of Pokeball's in his left hand, and his right hand was up, five fingers extended, clearly in few of Pinklady, Buck, and the large Flying type.

Less tucked his thumb in.

Then his pinky.

Two fingers.

One.

Zero.

Less's hand opened up and shot forward again, the universal signal for go.

With no further warning, Less stood up and yelled, "Buck! Fire Fang! Honchkrow, hit Graveler with a dark type attack!"

Spoiler: Attacks and Targets
    Show

Buck is going to Fire Fang the Magnimite. Asking the Honchkrow to use a Dark Type move on the Graveler, as Less doesn't know her move list.
    (I'll post for this, but if you'd prefer to have somethings Occur between LR's post and my chance to respond, KI, lmk and I'll retcon this no problem)

Pinklady hops onto her feet as well and points at the Graveler. "Quickly, get them with a bullet seed attack!" She shouts to Leapsy above.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    After paying for the food and drink Flotsam enjoys some more time in the restaurant.. hopefully not wearing out her welcome.

"So.. Akio, was it? Where were you from again? I've never met anyone wearing.. armor like that? It's interesting," she says.

"Is it more like for decoration, or has it saved you before? Is it heavy?" she asks.
    "Yeah, and you are, Flotsam, yes? I'm from Ecutreak in Johto. My family are nobility, though that's kind of less important now we have democracy..." He chuckles. "This armor, it's mostly a costume. It might work against a knife, but it wouldn't do anything against a sword, let alone a gun. It isn't that heavy, though. Back when being a noble was a job and not just a trust fund, wearing armor like this meant you were a hero others could look up to. I wanted to be that, it seems like Helnith needs it. But I fight with my Pokémon, not a sword, so I just have the cosplay version. It's much lighter." He laughs again.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

The Pokédex is able to give you a little more information:

Wind Rider:
    Boosts the Pokémon's Attack stat if Tailwind takes effect or if the Pokémon is hit by a wind move. The Pokémon also takes no damage from wind moves.

The Pokédex also informs you it is not a typical Murkrow ability.

----------------

Leapsy takes to the air; there isn’t any immediate reaction from the Bandra trainers as she circles around. Less can see that they look unconcerned and don’t even appear to notice anything is amiss.

That lasts until the Honchkrow leaps into the air and unleashes a Snarl that slams into both the opposing Pokémon and, with the benefit of the surprise attack, both the Bandra trainers as well. The two humans drop like stones.

Honchkrow uses Snarl!
    Graveler is hit for 75 damage!
    Graveler faints!
    Magnemite is hit for 33 damage!
    It’s not very effective…
    Magnemite’s Special Attack falls!

Buck uses Fire Fang!
    Magnemite is hit for 96 damage!
    It’s super effective!
    Magnemite faints!

Leapsy floats down, looking disappointed that there is nothing left to hit, and half-heartedly fires a few seeds in the direction of the opposing Pokémon anyway.

This proves to be a good move, as it startles the Ariados - previously unseen - that had been hiding under the jeep into fleeing, and both the Murkrow chase after it with Pursuit.

Murkrow A uses Pursuit!
    Ariados is hit for 25 damage!

Murkrow B uses Pursuit!
    Ariados is hit for 26 damage!

They continue harassing the Bug Pokémon as they chase it out of sight.

Buck: 103/103

Leapsy: 72/72

Honchkrow: 129/129
    Murkrow A: 90/90 - chasing Ariados
    Murkrow B: 90/90 - chasing Ariados

Graveler: 0/70
    Magnemite: 0/55
    Ariados: 26/77 - fled
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Less, earlier, with the birds

Hmm. That was . . . odd. Less shook his head. Odd abilities were the concern of Pokemon professors, not school teachers. Still, Less scanned the other two birds again, just to check to make sure nothing was odd about either of them.

----------------

"I imagine your original Pokemon love you all the dearer for it." Less remarks, "For my own part, I have never actually captured a Pokemon myself. Buck hatched from an egg my parents got me when I was a young boy, and the rest were captured by my daughter when she was a teenager. From there, they were given into my care." Less stopped for a moment. "I suppose I could use some practice capturing Pokemon too, though I find myself somewhat hesitant about the practice."

----------------
    Less and Pinklady, at the outcropping.

The whole ordeal had lasted less than a few heartbeats. Less had not expected his first direct conflict with Bandra to be so . . . easy? The twitching bodies were almost pitiable. "Good work, Buck, Honchkrow. You both did excellently. I did not imagine that you could hit so many so quickly. I am deeply impressed." I really need to ask her if she already has a name. Less thought.

After a scan for other Bandra members or hostile Pokemon, Less asks "Pinklady, are you okay?" Less hadn't seen any stray attacks that might have hit her, but that didn't mean he couldn't have missed something. After receiving an answer, Less started moving towards the nets with the captured Murkrow, poking the unconscious Bandra goons with his cane along the way to make sure that they were well and truly out cold.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"I imagine your original Pokemon love you all the dearer for it." Less remarks, "For my own part, I have never actually captured a Pokemon myself. Buck hatched from an egg my parents got me when I was a young boy, and the rest were captured by my daughter when she was a teenager. From there, they were given into my care." Less stopped for a moment. "I suppose I could use some practice capturing Pokemon too, though I find myself somewhat hesitant about the practice."
    "Aww, that's a lovely way to have gotten your team." Pinklady smiles. "How is your daughter doing? I can't imagine the region's state is great for her to grow up in, but that's what we're here for, right?"

"Oh, and as for catching wild Pokemon... I get the hesitation, but if it helps, there's really nothing stopping you from releasing a caught Pokemon if they truly won't want to be with you. Just something to keep in mind."

Less and Pinklady, at the outcropping.

After a scan for other Bandra members or hostile Pokemon, Less asks "Pinklady, are you okay?" Less hadn't seen any stray attacks that might have hit her, but that didn't mean he couldn't have missed something. After receiving an answer, Less started moving towards the nets with the captured Murkrow, poking the unconscious Bandra goons with his cane along the way to make sure that they were well and truly out cold.
    "Wait, was that it?" Pinklady asks as she trudges over. Leapsy floats down to rejoin her, and Pinklady holds out her arm like a falconer to receive. She pats the disappointed Pokemon on the head, then says,

"Leapsy, could you get back up to watch for anything coming this way?" Leapsy nods and takes off again.

"And for cutting up the nets... you're up, Whirlywhirly!" Pinklady unleashes her Scolipede, who immediately starts haughtily looking down at Less and the Bandra grunts.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Less and Pinklady, on the road

"Aww, that's a lovely way to have gotten your team." Pinklady smiles. "How is your daughter doing? I can't imagine the region's state is great for her to grow up in, but that's what we're here for, right?"

"Oh, and as for catching wild Pokemon... I get the hesitation, but if it helps, there's really nothing stopping you from releasing a caught Pokemon if they truly won't want to be with you. Just something to keep in mind."
    Less looked thoughtful for a moment before replying "I suppose you're right about releasing captured Pokemon. I hadn't really considered it. I always worry that the Pokemon could be parents themselves, or young enough enough that they still live with their parents. I have no desire to inflict that grief on any creature."

"As for my daughter . . . she's about your age. Her name is Emilia, and she was an adult before the war broke out. I wish that had made it easier, but it has not. Emilia's been fighting against Bandra for these past seven years, from the very first day. The last time I heard from her there was a Bandra Officer who was chasing her. That was a few weeks ago. I don't know if . . ."
    Less's voice grows fainter, and trails off. That was more than he had meant to say. "Well, that's why I'm here now. I need to find that officer, so I can find her."

----------------
    Less and Pinklady, by the outcrop

"Wait, was that it?" Pinklady asks as she trudges over. Leapsy floats down to rejoin her, and Pinklady holds out her arm like a falconer to receive. She pats the disappointed Pokemon on the head, then says,

"Leapsy, could you get back up to watch for anything coming this way?" Leapsy nods and takes off again.

"And for cutting up the nets... you're up, Whirlywhirly!" Pinklady unleashes her Scolipede, who immediately starts haughtily looking down at Less and the Bandra grunts.
    Less looked at the Scolipede's claws, then his own hands and took a step back. "Be my guest."

The Honchkrow was still nearby, and Less turned to speak to the massive bird. "Is this everyone safe, as far as you can see?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

The other two birds still seem ‘normal’ for their species, barring that the Honchkrow obviously had a trainer at one point:

Spoiler: Murkrow and Honchkrow Stat Blocks
    Show

Pokémon: Honchkrow
    Type: Dark/Flying
    Ability: Super Luck
    Level: 36
    Held Item: None
    Stats--
    HP: 129
    Attack: 106
    Def: 53
    Sp. Attack: 91+15
    Sp. Def: 53
    Speed: 67+15
    Moves:
    Snarl (SM)
    Swift (tutor)
    Twister (tutor)
    Nasty Plot
    Swagger
    Wing Attack

Pokémon: Murkrow A
    Ability: Wind Rider
    Level: 32
    Stats--
    HP: 90
    Attack: 69
    Def: 41
    Sp. Attack: 69
    Sp. Def: 41
    Speed: 73
    Moves:
    Peck
    Pursuit
    Haze
    Wing Attack
    Night Shade
    Assurance

Pokémon: Murkrow B
    Ability: Super Luck
    Level: 32
    Stats--
    HP: 90
    Attack: 69
    Def: 41
    Sp. Attack: 69
    Sp. Def: 41
    Speed: 73
    Moves:
    Peck
    Pursuit
    Taunt
    Wing Attack
    Night Shade
    Assurance

----------------

The Honchkrow struts and flutters between the nets, inspecting their contents as Whirlywhirly makes short work of the webbing. The Murkrow are all unconscious according to the Pokédex; some frizzled feathers and small boulders in places where they hadn’t been earlier make it clear why.

At last she returns to Less and nods, decisively.

About this time the two purified Murkrow return, perching on the frame of the jeep and looking pleased with themselves.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Less earlier, with the Murkrow.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Less shook his head and moved past the puzzle. "Shall we return? I imagine you're anxious to check on the rest of the flock." Less considered asking the Honchkrow if she would be willing to join him permanently, but the timing didn't feel quite right.

----------------

Less and Pinklady, at the Outcrop

The scatted boulders made sense. Magnimite and Graveler were good choices to fight off a flock of flying types. Less called out to Buck, "Buck, do you smell anyone else here? Anything hiding?" Less began frisking the unconscious goons, which included taking their Pokeballs, recalling any defeated Pokemon, and stuffing the balls in the a pouch on his bag. He'd figure out to what to do with the Pokemon later. Perhaps the Ranger would know.

After the goons were suitably searched and disarmed, Less asked "Pinklady, would you be so kind as to help me get these two in the jeep?" Although, Less realized, if these two had used tracking devices earlier the jeep itself might have a tracker. With a flash of light, Less called Leo out from his ball. "Leo, would you check the vehicle for a tracking device. It might have a red light like the one that we saw earlier today. Perhaps underneath the carriage?"

That just left the Honchkrow. Less exhaled. He was surprised to find himself oddly nervous. One more deep breath, and Less turned to the large bird. "Was there a name that your previous trainer called you? A name that you'd like to be called again?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

The Honchkrow bobs her head and all three birds march out the door.

----------------

Buck takes a moment to sniff around to be sure, but finally barks once and shakes his head ‘no.’

Less finds 1200 PD (combined total) in the Bandra goons’ pockets, plus a Super Potion and an expired coupon to a hair salon in Skybreak City. The goons have three Pokémon each, including the KO’d Graveler and Magnemite, although since the Ariados was chased off rather than knocked out its Pokéball is empty.

Spoiler: Goon Pokémon
    Show

Grunt: Ariados, Graveler, Magnemite
    Scientist: Porygon, Castform, Inkel (Helnith Pokémon)

Spoiler: Inkel
    Show

Leo searches the jeep; he does not find any blinking red lights under the jeep. The Murkrow, however, are pecking at the rearview mirror, and you notice thanks to the extra buttons there that the vehicle does have a built-in GPS locator.

"Was there a name that your previous trainer called you? A name that you'd like to be called again?"
    The Honchkrow shifts from foot to foot, like she’s trying to think of what to say. “You need me, Michael. I want to take care of you now.” She hops up onto your shoulder ((still 60 lbs )) and continues. “You were just being strong for all of us the way Papa was.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    "Yeah, and you are, Flotsam, yes? I'm from Ecutreak in Johto. My family are nobility, though that's kind of less important now we have democracy..." He chuckles. "This armor, it's mostly a costume. It might work against a knife, but it wouldn't do anything against a sword, let alone a gun. It isn't that heavy, though. Back when being a noble was a job and not just a trust fund, wearing armor like this meant you were a hero others could look up to. I wanted to be that, it seems like Helnith needs it. But I fight with my Pokémon, not a sword, so I just have the cosplay version. It's much lighter." He laughs again.
    Flotsam nods along. "Oh, that sounds neat! Being a hero and all. And nobility!"

She tilts her head. "Hm. I never heard of Ecruteak before. It sounds like a kind of plant or something."

She leans in closer to Akio. "It sounds like you want to do something about Team Bandra." She looks around the restaurant and says, "I heard they are dangerous."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

No one else hiding on the outcrop was good. The GPS tracker, not so much. Less pointed it out to Pinklady, hoping that she would have a better solution to the problem than trying to find the correct wire or mechanical whatsit and breaking it. Less similarly left out the Ariados's Pokeball as a problem that still needed to be solved. It was probably unconscious in the woods nearby. Hopefully.

Less was still addressing the Honchkrow. "That's from a movie, isn't it?" Less wracks his brain for a moment. "The Sandlot? No, that doesn't make sense. Feraligator Dundee? No, they rarely ever called him Michael. The Godfather movies!" Less's voice rises in excitement as he finally puts two and two together. "And it was the character that said those lines? Carla? No, Connie! Do you want to be called Connie?"

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Flotsam and Akio:

((You two don’t seem to need anything from me, but yell if that changes. I don’t want you to feel left out. ))

----------------

The Honchkrow (apparently, ‘Connie’) nods, obviously pleased, and preens Less' hair again.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Flotsam nods along. "Oh, that sounds neat! Being a hero and all. And nobility!"

She tilts her head. "Hm. I never heard of Ecruteak before. It sounds like a kind of plant or something."

She leans in closer to Akio. "It sounds like you want to do something about Team Bandra." She looks around the restaurant and says, "I heard they are dangerous."
    Akio looks around and says, "Yes, something needs to be done. I think those guys from before are working against them but I'm not sure they trust us"
    GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

"Why wouldn't they trust us?" Flotsam asks. She just couldn't fathom it.

"Well, it's not like I was planning to fight with Team Bandra or anything. They're pretty scary. But.. I'm not part of their group either. I'd never team up with all those meanies!" She says that with a wrinkled nose and a grimace.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Why wouldn't they trust us?" Flotsam asks. She just couldn't fathom it.

"Well, it's not like I was planning to fight with Team Bandra or anything. They're pretty scary. But.. I'm not part of their group either. I'd never team up with all those meanies!" She says that with a wrinkled nose and a grimace.
    "That makes sense. But, if I were Team Bandra, and I wanted to spy, I'd either be someone completely harmless looking or loudly talk about how much I want to fight Team Bandra..." He gestures to the two of them sitting there.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Less and Pinklady, on the road

Less looked thoughtful for a moment before replying "I suppose you're right about releasing captured Pokemon. I hadn't really considered it. I always worry that the Pokemon could be parents themselves, or young enough enough that they still live with their parents. I have no desire to inflict that grief on any creature."

"As for my daughter . . . she's about your age. Her name is Emilia, and she was an adult before the war broke out. I wish that had made it easier, but it has not. Emilia's been fighting against Bandra for these past seven years, from the very first day. The last time I heard from her there was a Bandra Officer who was chasing her. That was a few weeks ago. I don't know if . . ."
    Less's voice grows fainter, and trails off. That was more than he had meant to say. "Well, that's why I'm here now. I need to find that officer, so I can find her."
    "Oh! I'm so sorry..." Pinklady is silent again a moment. "She sounds really great and capable, to have been fighting them for so long... I'm sure we'll make sure she's all fine!"

The Honchkrow struts and flutters between the nets, inspecting their contents as Whirlywhirly makes short work of the webbing. The Murkrow are all unconscious according to the Pokédex; some frizzled feathers and small boulders in places where they hadn’t been earlier make it clear why.
    After the goons were suitably searched and disarmed, Less asked "Pinklady, would you be so kind as to help me get these two in the jeep?"
    "Sure thing!" She has some trouble due to her exhausting exercise earlier but is able to, all the same, help Less handle the Bandra in the jeep.

No one else hiding on the outcrop was good. The GPS tracker, not so much. Less pointed it out to Pinklady, hoping that she would have a better solution to the problem than trying to find the correct wire or mechanical whatsit and breaking it. Less similarly left out the Ariados's Pokeball as a problem that still needed to be solved. It was probably unconscious in the woods nearby. Hopefully.
    "Do you figure any of your team could fling it really far? Breaking it might get attention too quickly, but if you can get it far from here, it might waste some time! And get it off the truck, of course."

At the mention of the Ariados issue, Pinklady calls up to Leapsy flying high above them. "Leapsy, you haven't seen anything approaching yet, right! Could you look for an Ariados, if you can see one from up there, too!"