New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 14: The DM is not my therapist.

*Any build that will let me successfully bluff a God into thinking that I'm a more powerful god while also being able to back it up if the bluff is called without actually being anything resembling a deity is banned.

*In a Marvel Superheroes Game with the theme of being Kid Hero Legacy characters, I can't be the child of Cletus Kassady and Frances Barrison.
    **Not even if I have a detailed backstory with citations of in-universe lore full of deep cuts to justify her powers being what they are.
    ***Not even if I've planned out a narrative arc of the child overcoming her inherent antisocial tendencies
    ****Cassie has to go back int he folder of OCs I'll never use.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 14: The DM is not my therapist.

* My no longer suggest that our sorcerer attune to the cloak of invisibility we found in a chest in a cavern deep, deep in the underdark.
    ** May no longer swear profusely as I try to tear the cloak off of him as it begins to poison him (Yea, cursed cloak of poisoning, or some such).
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

* My superhero backstory can't be "raised by the most toxic Bat-Family expy possible"
    ** Similarly my Superman expy can't be "adjusting not the superman side of it, but the normal man side of it to be more accurate and colorful to what a normal person is so that the normal man is more sympathetic"
    *** My Spiderman expy can't just post superhero donation goals on patreon and Kofi.
    **** nor can they just twitch stream their own superheroics.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

* Will not approach the vampire tribbles without nukes.
    ** Will not nuke them from orbit, even if it's the only way to be sure.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-03-13 at 08:48 PM.
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.

5. - Top - End - #545

*In a Marvel Superheroes game, I can not subvert anti-symbiote measures by having my symbiote legally registered as an emotional support animal.
    **Nor can I support anti-mutant measures by having Mutant PCs registered as a the same.
    ***My argument can't be "half the time they're legally not human, the bigots have to have expected people to take advantage, right?"

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

* May no longer attack the undead in the clothier's shop while other customers are there, lest I upset our barbarian.
    ** Even if that undead is Strahd.
    *** May not compliment him for being a snappy dresser.
    **** May no longer challenge the priest's assertion that "this is holy ground" by using Divine Sense to expose three undead who are sitting right there in the church.
    ***** Even if I am a paladin, I may not do that.
    ****** May no longer bring meat pies as snacks for the bard's pet saber toothed tiger.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Firbolg in the Playground

*The Lunar Exalted do not all talk like the Mooninites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    EDIT:
    **"Our vertical leap is beyons all measurement"
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2024-03-20 at 02:29 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

8. - Top - End - #548
    Bugbear in the Playground

* I may no longer make characters that the DM finds interesting/amusing. They get integrated into the plots and then things just go strange because my characters are universally weirdoes.

* The DM may no longer name all the towns on his map by demanding the players come up with them. That's how you get the towns of Atlanta, Bob, Nordburg, Ni, and Zoidburg.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

9. - Top - End - #549

*I need to stop coming up with Stand Powers that are straightforward and practical.
    **Even if 1812 Overture is the perfect name for a Stand whose power is summoning explosives and artillery.
    ***Especially if this isn't even a JoJo game.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *I need to stop coming up with Stand Powers that are straightforward and practical.
    **Even if 1812 Overture is the perfect name for a Stand whose power is summoning explosives and artillery.
    Nah, that's fine, you'll just have the drawback that it can only be summoned shortly before quarter past six.

* The game including sex moves is not a reason to encourage characters to have sex.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

* May no longer join a Drow caravan in the Underdark under the premise that we are a freak show hired by a Drow noble house for their amusement... we responded to a want ad in a sending.

** May not explain that I (the bearded lady, rogue, thanks Belt of Dwarvenkind), the stupid dwarf (INT 5), the Athlete (Fighter) and the Strong man (Barbarian) are accompanied by the stage magician (Sorcerer) and the Jongleur (Bard) for light entertainment.

*** May not then roll a 36 on a Charisma (Persuasion) check to convince the guards at the gate to the inner city that because we two ladies are leading the troupe, the males will follow our orders and are our servants/boy toys.

Spoiler: The item in question
    Show
    Belt Of Dwarvenkind | Wondrous item, rare (requires attunement)
    While wearing this belt, you gain the following benefits:

• Your Constitution score increases by 2, to a maximum of 20.
    • You have advantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks made to interact with dwarves.

In addition, while attuned to the belt, you have a 50 percent chance each day at dawn of growing a full beard if you’re capable of growing one, or a visibly thicker beard if you already have one.

If you aren’t a dwarf, you gain the following additional benefits while wearing the belt:
    • You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.
    • You have darkvision out to a range of 60 feet.
    • You can speak, read, and write Dwarvish

Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-03-26 at 07:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Firbolg in the Playground

*Goku's cloud is not a fart
    **No, I don't know why it's yellowish brown
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

* My no longer run the gauntlet between rows of psychotic spike shooting space plants.
    ** My no longer, as a group, run away from the security robots while crying out "run away, run away" like Monty Python.
    *** May no longer try to talk to space monkeys.