New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Royal Awakening [IC]

"Good news– the well water is evil. So now we know that. Let’s load up as much holy water as we can get and pour it in, see if anything happens," Tilda suggests.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's already water, just make it holy. That's what you do, right? Exorcise the well.

Fleggr huffs a bit as he digs in his pack for something to dry Tilda.

What was down there? A gem or a skeleton or some other crockery? We could probably just take that out.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

"Three things." Tilda shakes like a dog and starts squeezing the water out of her hair. "One: I can't make holy water. That's 'Priest,' not 'Spook.' Spooks stand between the edge of Light and Dark keeping them apart. Priests like... do weddings and ****, I don't know. Two: I think even if I could I'd have to get closer to the water to do it, and I can't balance right at the edge AND do that. Probably. Three: I saw some whirling bright things down there. Maybe we can fight them normally, but we'd have to jump down there to do it. I'm trying to think of something safe."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ymir chuckles at Armas words. "Thats rather funny. We have a saying in our family if you dont know what to do, look for trouble. Thats how we encountered you two actually." He looks towards Gerba and adds. "So we go talk to this Miss Hoity Toity then? Sounds simple enough?"

5. - Top - End - #305
    Colossus in the Playground

Marie peers down the well. "Perhaps I could go down? I'm not alive like you two are. Or, if we don't want to do that, we should find a priest who can bless water."

"If she's willing to talk, I don't see why not," Marble says. "Of course, Fleur isn't the most talkative to those she considers 'beneath' her."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ymir scoffs, turning to the twins. "Like to help us on this? Im taking a guess but you seem like you would like to see her feathers ruffled allitle at the very least." He grins.

7. - Top - End - #307

The twins look at one another. "What did you have in mind?" Onyx asks. "She's rather broad with her definition of 'beneath'. For instance, since we're both the heirs to Ontin, we're apparently 'lesser'. Don't ask me to make it make sense."

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I don't know how exactly you can help, at least get us in a room with her? And I'll try talking to her. I dont know exactly what im going to say to her yet im kinda just winging it as I go." He replies swiftly.

9. - Top - End - #309

Alexandria chuckles softly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #310

"A room... We can manage that," Marble says. "Wait here-I'll see what sort of legalese we can get her wrapped up in."

He heads out, leaving his sister with you all. She chuckles a bit. "He always had a better head for law than I did. I prefer to just do what's right, rules be damned... Which has bitten me in the tuckus a few times."

You talk amongst yourselves for a few minutes, that slowly stretch on into about a quarter of an hour. It reaches half an hour before Marble returns, triumphantly. "Right-it's difficult to attain a meeting with someone who doesn't want to meet, but you just have to know the right buttons to push. One of you know how to fight, right?"

Onyx looks at her brother. "What did you do?"

"I insulted her!" he says with a grin. "She demanded a duel, after some heckling, and she has to be present for it. But she certainly won't be fighting herself, so she'll be standing around, and sort of has to interact with whoever's not fighting."

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ymir entertains the downtime with some talk about his family linage and stories of past glories. But eventually sits and in a restless manner and shakes his leg impatiently. Once the noble returns he looks over and listens to the result of his task. Once he hears the mention of a fight and a duel he lets out a laugh as he stands from the chair. "Hah! Of all things I was expecting to be doing wandering around the nobles here. A fight was not one of them! Leave it to me, us Jotunsons live for a good fight in the ring." He slams his fist in to the palm of his other hand, cracking his knuckles.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Marie peers down the well. "Perhaps I could go down? I'm not alive like you two are. Or, if we don't want to do that, we should find a priest who can bless water."
    "Either that, or track down those footprints for now." Tilda looks to Fleggr. "What do you think?"
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

"Well, let's get going then!" Marble says. "Fleur's gonna need a little time to get her champion."

Onyx shakes her head, but follows everyone out. Arma and Gerba take point, and you're soon in the courtyard. Marble and Onyx look a little surprised to see Fleur already there, backed by a tall in armor. "Which of them is my opponent?" the man asks Fleur.

"Hell if I know. Just kick their butt!" she replies.

Marble steps forward. "Lady Fleur of Dimmin Tor, you have challenged me to a duel. We will each elect a champion to take our place, and-"

Fleur cuts him. "Just send your victim forward already!"

"Very well. Ymir Jotunson will be my champion for this fight," he replies.

"And Arctoris Crynn will be mine," she says.

Arctoris moves to an open space, shucking a jacket and undoing the peacebond on his axe.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You will start 30' apart from one another.
    Duels are generally to first blood-which will be represented by reaching half HP. HP lost during a duel like this can be fully recovered with just a short rest, but any resources spent will not recover any faster than normal.
    There are no rules against magic, provided the magic is not lethal.

General etiquette states you're supposed to trade blows, not run and shoot, but there's no rules against that.
    There are rules against outside support, though.

Also, init rolls:

(1d20+1)[10] Ymir
    (1d20+2)[18] Arctoris

Feel free to trade verbal jabs before the fight starts properly.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ymir tightened the strap of his arm guard with a grin and follows to the courtyard with an excited stride with his steps, cracking his neck and twisting his arms to loosen his joints. Clearly eager for the fight at hand. Once seeing the other gathering of noble and what he could only assume to be her champion. Ymir was almost disappointed that there were no crowd to see the duel, being used to the sparring matches back home to be a constant and engaging events for all to see.

He listened to the nobles exchange of words already disliking the attitude of his opponents charge, but reserved his judgments for the man he was supposed to fight. He nudged Alexandria and spoke briefly while the others where preoccupied. "See what you can pressure her to say about her visit to the library. I'll try to drag it out as long as I can." Then Ymir called out aloud towards the woman "Victim?..." He strode forth to the side of Marble. His booming voice filled with confidence a wide grin on his face. "It appears you have not heard of us. So allow me to educate you." He spoke as he followed suit with his opponent and unlocked the shackle that held his hammer, the lock falling to the ground and sinking in to the earth from its sheer weight and the blazing rune on the hammer flaring to life as he grasped it in his hand.

"For thousands of years the Jotunsons have guarded the sacred mountain of Bihucha. We are a noble clan of warriors, our coordinated savagery unequaled. Through our veins runs the blood of titans, the strength of our forebears beyond question. We are the thunder that shakes the foundations of the earth, we are the ship that splits the storm. Ours is the joy of warriors born, ours is the booming laughter in the face of monstrous evil, the spittle in its eye. Ours is the cold bite of the frigid peaks, the wrath that erupts like magma from the earth. We are the rumble at the edge of hearing, the growing silhouettes on the horizon. It is our roars in the dog frenzied fight, our runic blades that cleave and our hammers that shatter bone." He points at the woman. "Do you see the shadow looming over you? Feel the shaking at your feet? Do you see pitiless glowing eyes staring down at you, calculating your every weakness?...Are you afraid?...You should be." He slams his fist on his chest. "For I am a son of the Jňtunar! And we never know lasting defeat."

With his retort done, no matter if it ruffled the noblewomans feathers or not, would then look towards his foe and address him. "Come then, son of Crynn. Show me if you handle that axe at least as well as our younglings." Ymir smiles, full of bravado and eagerness. The respect for a fellow warrior apparent with no ill will in his remark, rather playfully egging on his opponent.
    Last edited by Nyan; 2023-03-16 at 08:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315

Alexandria heads over to the pretty noble.

Greetings, it is a pleasure to meet you. She curtsies

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Alexandria heads over to the pretty noble.

Greetings, it is a pleasure to meet you. She curtsies
    "Yes, it should be," Fleur says. "What on earth is someone like you doing with these... These... Cretins?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan View Post
    Ymir tightened the strap of his arm guard with a grin and follows to the courtyard with an excited stride with his steps, cracking his neck and twisting his arms to loosen his joints. Clearly eager for the fight at hand. Once seeing the other gathering of noble and what he could only assume to be her champion. Ymir was almost disappointed that there were no crowd to see the duel, being used to the sparring matches back home to be a constant and engaging events for all to see.

He listened to the nobles exchange of words already disliking the attitude of his opponents charge, but reserved his judgments for the man he was supposed to fight. He nudged Alexandria and spoke briefly while the others where preoccupied. "See what you can pressure her to say about her visit to the library. I'll try to drag it out as long as I can." Then Ymir called out aloud towards the woman "Victim?..." He strode forth to the side of Marble. His booming voice filled with confidence a wide grin on his face. "It appears you have not heard of us. So allow me to educate you." He spoke as he followed suit with his opponent and unlocked the shackle that held his hammer, the lock falling to the ground and sinking in to the earth from its sheer weight and the blazing rune on the hammer flaring to life as he grasped it in his hand.

"For thousands of years the Jotunsons have guarded the sacred mountain of Bihucha. We are a noble clan of warriors, our coordinated savagery unequaled. Through our veins runs the blood of titans, the strength of our forebears beyond question. We are the thunder that shakes the foundations of the earth, we are the ship that splits the storm. Ours is the joy of warriors born, ours is the booming laughter in the face of monstrous evil, the spittle in its eye. Ours is the cold bite of the frigid peaks, the wrath that erupts like magma from the earth. We are the rumble at the edge of hearing, the growing silhouettes on the horizon. It is our roars in the dog frenzied fight, our runic blades that cleave and our hammers that shatter bone." He points at the woman. "Do you see the shadow looming over you? Feel the shaking at your feet? Do you see pitiless glowing eyes staring down at you, calculating your every weakness?...Are you afraid?...You should be." He slams his fist on his chest. "For I am a son of the Jňtunar! And we never know lasting defeat."

With his retort done, no matter if it ruffled the noblewomans feathers or not, would then look towards his foe and address him. "Come then, son of Crynn. Show me if you handle that axe at least as well as our younglings." Ymir smiles, full of bravado and eagerness. The respect for a fellow warrior apparent with no ill will in his remark, rather playfully egging on his opponent.
    Fleur doesn't respond to Ymir's challenge... Not verbally, at least. But she's clearly quite happy that she is NOT challenging Ymir, and is instead delegating that task.

Arctoris, meanwhile, grins. His axe has a faint sheen to it, and he gives a casual wave of his hand towards Ymir. A slight draft waves from it, chilling the air. "I have heard of you, Jotunson! And I eagerly await this challenge-for I owe my own heritage to the Queen of Air and Darkness. Through my veins is an icy chill, through my mind the pure clarity of an arctic day, but through my heart beats the soul of a warrior! I have no fear-only excitement, to challenge a worthy foe! Our clash will-"

Seeming to have recovered a bit, Fleur barks an order at Arctoris. "Fight him with your axe, not your words!"

"-be legendary... As you command, my lady," he says, a bit disappointed. With that, he charges forward, an arctic gale accompanying him and freezing Ymir into place. But before the two reach melee, Ymir breaks free, and is able to meet the other warrior's attacks with full composure. Despite this, Arctoris is able to knock Ymir on the back foot, almost drawing blood in the first blow.

Show
    (1d20+6)[25]
    (1d12+4)[9]

One attack, and the Strength Save for his Bonus Action already rolled and passed.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2023-03-16 at 10:02 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ymir beamed as his foe responded to his enthusiasm with his own. Tho when his charge interrupted him Ymir cast an intense cold glare at her. For daring to disrespect his foe and meddling in the buisness of warriors.

But he had no time to protest as his foe then came at him in full swing. What Ymir had not initialy expected tho is to find himself facing another that wielded the cold as a weapon. The ice encased his limbs as he glanced down in them, his grin only widening. "Cold!? Ice!? Hah!" With one flex of his muscles the ice shattered. "Our mountains suffer constant winter!" He cried out as he met the charge of his foe. "Neither can bind us!"

Then the blow came and the swing was almost perfect, Ymir could have shruged off his blow... But he wanted to feel the full strenght of his foe. He deflected the axe just enough to hit the thickest parts of his armor and as it slammed down he gave him ground, stepping back as the assault continued as if he wanted more of it. "Yes! YES! Thats it! Your technique is good! But you need more power!" He struck and parried a couple more times with him, clashing weapons, circling around the area.

Then as an overhead swing came he deflected it in to the ground, swinging his hammer around in the same motion. "MY TURN!" He then cracked his hammer in to his chest with such force the impact created a boom of thunder, as he did Ymirs eyes lit up with flame. In a thunderous voice cried out the Giant word of fire and with it the ground ruptured like a vulcano and solid chains of melting fire and stone came out to bind his foe. "Your meager frost can only try to douse the flame of our mountain!"

But his assault was not done as he further tried to exploit the opening by slamming his hammer in to him a second time. Then he stepped back slightly but still within striking distance and continued with a challenge for his opponents turn to strike. "You are not the only one to weild the powers of the frozen tundra! Tell me, can you summon the strenght to crack a glacier!?"

With those words just like his foe had done Ymir was then completley encased in ice, manifesting in an instant from the leftover ice and conjured from thin air.. But this time it shaped itself like a full suit of armor that protected Ymir. He then braced himself for the assault. "COME! SHOW ME!"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Bonus action quickening Armor of Agathys at 2nd level.
    Action: Attack roll: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[12]
    If crit add (2d6+4)[12]
    Fire rune: (2d6)[8] fire damage and str save vs 15 or become restrained.
    If crit add (2d6)[9] fire damage.

Action surge Attack roll: (1d20+6)[15]
    If restrained adv roll (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[10]
    If crit add (2d6+4)[13]

If first attack missed and second attack hit add fire rune to that one instead

18. - Top - End - #318

Show
    Restrained for the duration, and down 20 HP.

"You are strong!" he retorts, "but you were born of the Prime-I was born in the night itself, in the endless void of an eternal cold!" As your weapons clash, Ymir can tell he's got the upper hand, as Arctoris seems to be lacking when it comes to a one-on-one challenge. His moves are practiced, strong, and agile, but the technique's not quite there.

Then, with your devastating, fiery blow, he's locked down. The binding flames root him to the earth, and he flinches back in pain. He struggles to bring his weapon to bear, but when you summon your own barrier of cold and frost, he stops. "I yield," he says. "I recognize that working-and I know that, should I strike you, I will draw naught but my own blood."

Show
    45 HP total, resistance to cold damage. But that means that, with even a 1st level Armor, he'd be down to half HP.

Arctoris breathes deeply for a moment, as you dispel the binding fire. "I feel humbled," he says. "It's been a while since I faced a foe with such skill in weapon and magic. I confess, though, it was exhilarating. The insult to Lady Fleur is settled, but if you are willing, Ymir Jotunson, I would be honored if you would take time as you can to spar with me. Teach me some of your ways, as best you can-I might be of different heritage, but I am an eager student."

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ymir saw his foe unable to break the chains, almost dissapointed that he didnt. Then as he hefted his weapon but then yielded Ymir with a huff lowered his weapon and with a snap of his fingers made the chains vanish in a sparkle of ash and cinder. His armor of frost remained however, the air arround him being chilled to cold mist that flowed downwards and covered the ground beneath him like a mantle.

After Arctoris request however underneath the helm of ice Ymir grinned. "HAH! Very well!" He slammed his first against his chest again. "I have upheld my end of this bargain, and honored your ways of this duel." He then points towards Arctoris. "Now you honor our ways!" He then braces himself for impact once more. "Back home our fights last until one is soundly beaten! Courtesy and Ettiquette be damned! Ignore the babble of the nobles! If I am to spar with you, you will show me your resolve without the shackles of duty! If you can shatter this ice you will prove yourself worth my time!"

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    "Either that, or track down those footprints for now." Tilda looks to Fleggr. "What do you think?"
    We can follow the foot prints, I suppose. I can't imagine what they'd tell us that the haunted well doesn't, but you're the expert. I'll find where they went.

Fleggr spits and attempts to fashion a sign, tied over the well, that reads:

HAUNTED
    DO NOT USE

That oughta be good enough for now, we can get moving now.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Tilda reaches over her shoulder for her spook's staff and it closes around nothing. "Dung," she swears. "How am I going to tell Da I lost my staff?" She scowls and starts tracking the thin footprints.

Spoiler: Survival?
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14]
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322

Show
    (1d20+6)[14]
    (1d12+4)[12] Slashing damage

If hit is successful, (1d8+3)[7]

Arctoris nods, and hefts his axe. He's ceased with the banter, focusing his efforts on landing another telling blow, despite knowing about the spell cast and the harm it will do to him on that blow.

Whether his blow hits or not, he summons a bolstering breeze, deterring further attacks.

Tilda, with Fleggr pointing out the exact tracks, is able to get the trail as well.

Unfortunately, by the time you've hit the edge of the park, they've split into three separate trails.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Tilda frowns.
    "Alright, so… I don’t think we have enough money to straight up buy Holy Water, and we sent the people good at talking away… maybe we should have one more crack at handling the well, just jump down and kick ass," she says to Fleggr.
    "What do you think?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324

They're my friends, and they're sweet. Alexandria assures her.

You look like an inquisitive sort, studying anything fancy? She beams warmly.

25. - Top - End - #325

Oil and a match ought to be easier to track down than holy water. Your buggaboos hate fire, right? Let's just burn the whole thing down and be done with it. They can dig a new well that isn't on top of some crypt next time, surely?

Fleggr doubles back from the split tracks and sighs, running his hands over his face exasperatedly.

How do you suppose we'd even go about "kicking ass" in a stone tunnel that points straight down? I don't think I'd even fit. What about the princess's doll, it said it'd go down, can't haunt a doll, right?

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

"Well sure but maybe they’ddrag her underwater. I don’t think she can swim. Let’s get some oil, I like that idea."
    Tilda keeps an eye out for a good sturdy stick she can use as a staff as they walk.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327

"Far more than your 'friends' would be capable of comprehending," Fleur states. "But yes, I do study various matters of the world."

Show
    If you want more info, Alexandria, gimme a Charisma check of some stripe.

"Please don't throw me down a well," Marie says.

Oil is not in the park, but various storefronts should have some.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2023-03-23 at 12:48 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Tilda goes to find various storefronts.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

Persuasion check (1d20+7)[20]

30. - Top - End - #330

Alexandria raises her eyebrow, asking for more details with the gesture.

Fleur seems a touch flustered, but does continue, saying "I'm well-versed in mathematics, and have been researching the way spirits act in the world. I, uh, know more about noble history than anyone else I know."

Tilda and Fleggr take a bit to find a store with enough oil, but there's an apothecary not too far from the park that has a whole barrel of oil. For lamps and such.

Show
    Show

Show