New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Royal Awakening [IC]

Lugging oil back in her arms, Tilda whistles the whole way back up to the wells.
    "Now this is what I imagined going off on my own would be like," she says to Fleggr.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

There's a guard talking to one of the people who was staring in your direction earlier. The person talking gestures to you three when you come into the park, and the guard makes his way over. "Right..." he says, "I'm gonna want an explanation of what exactly you think you're doing."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

"Spook's business, there are evil spirits in your well we'll have to handle real quick," Tilda says. "If you'll kindly step aside."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #334

The guard eyes the excessive amount of oil you have on your person. "I don't think so," he replies. "Whatever you're planning with all that, can't be legal."

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, you go ahead and figure out exactly what it is you think we're doing, what laws apply, and whether or not we're breaking them. We'll wait here while you take a jog down to the library and consult the law books.
    Fleggr hefts a barrel on either shoulder and sets them down with a THUNK.

Thanks for checking in, you're work is real important.
    Fleggr does his best to hide his rolling eyes as he squares his shoulders and stands at his full height.
    Last edited by IcemanJRC; 2023-03-24 at 05:39 PM.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

6. - Top - End - #336

The guard looks a little cowed. He stammers something out quietly, and takes a moment to compose himself. "Look-you can't just do whatever you want. We have laws here. I'll... I'll be back, with backup-don't be doing anything illegal!"

He scampers off, and will presumably be back with more guards.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Tilda watches him go until he’s out of sight, waits twelve more seconds, and then brings her oil up to the well to pour it in.
    "After we kill the things, I’ll do down and get the corpses as proof. So what do you think? All at once, or half now and then another half after for a more sustained burn?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338

"Are you sure there's gonna be bodies?" Marie asks. "And that the bodies will be recognizable as not just normal ones?"

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #339

I don't know that it matters.
    Fleggr cracks the tops from the barrels of oil.

Id rather not deal with this any longer to be quiet honest. We found the ghost and we're gonna burn it. I don't know that we need to do much more than that.
    He lifts the makeshift sign he placed over the well and tips both hefty barrels, allowing them to glug their contents into the water below as he stares contentedly.

I suppose if you'd like a souvenir or something, but I think this'll probably take care of it. I know it was my idea, but you said it'd probably work, so lets trust your judgment.
    As he finishes speaking, his barrels begin to peter out, and he tips them into the well. He draws his fire starter and looks back to Tilda.

I have to wonder if you'll even be able to make it down there. There's a LOT of oil.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, let’s light up yours first and consider the consequences later."
    Tilda keeps hers back for now, thinking she’ll go with the "half at a time" plan.
    "Quick, before we come to our senses!"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Tilda gets inspiration for making me laugh out loud. :)

Without further ado, you pour the oil in. It coats the surface of the well water, and a simple dropped torch or other burning substance lights the interior ablaze. You don't hear any screams or anything, but looking in (for a moment before the heat forces you back) gives you the sensation of screaming, just in your mind.

By now the park around the well is mostly empty. Whether due to the time or the three lunatics setting water on fire, you're not sure.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Tilda pours her oil in after to keep the fire going and keeps an eye out for a bunch of guards showing up.
    "I'd love to confirm the kill after this if we can but if we gotta run we gotta run."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

Counterpoint, we fill the hole and just let it burn down. We get out of here, no traces.
    Fleggr starts stretching, limbering up for a quick jog out of the park.

They'll dig another well some other time and it probably won't be haunted. Or maybe it will, who knows if ghosts leave ghosts, but Id rather not deal with a pack of dough bodied fools that pass for city warriors. Perhaps we should go see if we can get any information about the people that were possessed, maybe this fixed them.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

"No traces? Should we have been hiding our faces at all?" Tilda asks. "Alright, if you have a way to make sure the well implodes, go for it."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345

Alexandria gets touchy feeling hoping to lead Fleur away. Please tell me what you know~
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

16. - Top - End - #346

Fleur seems a little hesitant, but let's herself be lead away. "Arctoris, you better win!" she calls over to her champion.

In a little more private location, Fleur looks at Alexandria, her eyes filled with passion.

Marie nods at Fleggr's words. "The less evidence linking this to us, the better. Come on, let's move!"

Once you abscond from the scene of your crime, she asks "Should we make our way to the palace? Wait for the others near there?"

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #347

So spirits interacting in the world. From what I heard from fellow travelers, that seems to be happening more often... Alexandria starts.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

18. - Top - End - #348

"Yes-they've been acting out. Quite, erm, rowdy, you could say..." Fleur responds. "That's part of what I was researching, actually. Trying to figure out a way to handle them all, you see."

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #349

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "Yes-they've been acting out. Quite, erm, rowdy, you could say..." Fleur responds. "That's part of what I was researching, actually. Trying to figure out a way to handle them all, you see."
    Ummm.....Any idea what's causing it?

20. - Top - End - #350

She shakes her head, causing her luscious blonde hair to shimmer attractively. "A few leads, but nothing solid. It might just be a cyclical thing, or an overabundance of Kami."

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #351

She shakes her head, causing her luscious blonde hair to shimmer attractively. "A few leads, but nothing solid. It might just be a cyclical thing, or an overabundance of Kami."
    Have people told you, how pretty you are? Alexandria asks.

22. - Top - End - #352

She grins and runs a hand through her hair. "Of course. I'm a beauty and I know it-though you're quite a looker yourself."

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #353

She grins and runs a hand through her hair. "Of course. I'm a beauty and I know it-though you're quite a looker yourself."
    Thank you, and you're quite skilled at flattery~ Alexandria unconsciously poses.

24. - Top - End - #354

Arctoris manages to batter down the spell, but he's a little injured by the time he's done. "I'll be fine," he tells Ymir. "Just... Just need a few moments."
    Gerba offers a hand, and a bit of magic flows into Arctoris's wounds, patching him up. "Thank you," he adds.

Tilda, Marie, and Fleggr arrive before Alexandria makes her return. They explain what happened with the well, and their hope that those Kami won't be so aggressive now.

Eventually, Alexandria makes her return. with an odd smile on her face. She tells you that Fleur doesn't seem all that bad, but she was involved with some research into the Blooded Kami.

It's now evening, pushing on into night. Arma and Gerba are willing to use their knightly accommodations to give everyone in the group a resting place, but there's still the waning daylight if you want to accomplish more.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, sure, I’ll take a place to stay. People got a good look at our faces before we burned the well though, so we should stay scarce." Tilda reaches for her stead again and can’t help but distress a little when her hand closes around nothing.
    "I need a new Spook’s Staff, by the way."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356

Perhaps we should thinking about disguising you two? Alexandria pipes up.