Default Re: Shattered Star: The Asylum Stone [IC]

Iluvar answers, "No, sorry Myki."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Iluvar answers, "No, sorry Myki."

R3T19: Akif, what do you do?

Sisir on deck, tupilaq on deck ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Akif

Akif breathes a sigh of relief as the beast slips off his foot and steps into the alcove. He spins a savage glowing kick into it before stepping back to force it out the alcove

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Swift: inner sphere stance
    Standard: silver knight blade with slam (1d20+18)[28] dam (1d8+11)[12] and (4d6)[9] sacred dam to enemy and healing to Akif

5ft step to the east away from the beast

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #244

But it seems that it will not follow him out, for as the fighters are in a semi-circle of death around the alcove, they realize that last kick shattered and destroyed the bone doll.

Combat Ended!
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Akif

Looking at the wreckage Akif shakes his head. ”A nasty prank for the unwary. Thanks be for stout boots.” he jests looking at the shoes with blood still leaking from them. “A moment please brother.” he calls, pulling out a wand and gently tapping his toes three times

Spoiler: Wand CLW
    Show

3 taps of his wand (3d8+3)[23]

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir

Hearing his brother's call, Sisir returns to the room the rest of the parts are standing in. "My apologies brother, I did not expect the little creature to put up such resistance. There will be no more little excursions from me in this manor, you can be sure," he says, looking at once apologetic and amused.

7. - Top - End - #247

Myki looks at her wrist and winces in pain. "Too bad I never learned a lesser restoration extract ... <ssss> ... How about anyone else? Lesser restoration?"

Anyone looking at her can tell that the injury causing her pain is enough that she is now carrying a medium load ... which is problematic for a person dependent on speed.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Akif

Akif flexing his feet looks at Myki. ”Let me have a look, I can help you.” he offers, a giant yet surprisingly gentle hand checking her shoulder before he prays to his gods to heal the damage

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Cast lesser restore on Myki (1d4)[3] stat damage healed

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Iluvar will also check out the wound. "Do you need the wound healed as well?"

Spoiler: healing
    Show

Will assess the wound after the lesser restoration.

Will also use a wand to heal Myki completely up to full HP
    ]
    Last edited by Tippnick; 2023-04-26 at 02:54 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250

Her tendon is fully healed now. Iluvar sees she wasn't wounded. "No," she explains, "I torqued my own wrist badly when rapier hit hard and flexed oddly against a wall stud."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251

MonkGuy

Iluvar says, "Sisir, go ahead and continue your exploration to the east. But let me caution you about opening new areas of exploration while the rest of the party is still dealing with something. It cost a group I was with several of their lives and almost mine."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Akif, testing his foot nods to his brother and goes to follow Sisir. ”I’ll join you brother. Let us see what lies this way, mind your feet!” he adds making sure to crouch now and then and peer under the furniture in case any more nasty biting dolls are present.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir nods at Iluvar's warning before walking back into the room to the east. With Akif in toe, he takes inventory of the room, searching for any signs of hazards or foes.

14. - Top - End - #254

Iluvar, do you do anything in this room?

The Scribe doesn't go poring over the resident's business, but patiently waits for Iluvar.

Myki follows the brothers.

This isn't a "room" to the east, but more of an alcove end of the hallway that has three doors - one each to the east, the south, and the west.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255

MonkGuy

Iluvar will walk the perimeter of the room but will join his companions without doing much else

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir

Seeing three ways forward, Sisir will turn to the group. "Unless we have some reason for choosing another door, I'd say that door", he makes a sweeping gesture at the western door, "is my first choice. What say you all?"

17. - Top - End - #257

"I say," states Myki emphatically, "that you should stop putting your Tem Gohan's* everywhere until I safety check things. Back off a little, please."

[* = EDITOR'S NOTE: Tem Gohan is a famous gnomish cobbler whose shoes are in demand among the elite.]
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir

Sisir stops and turns around, saying "Of course Myki, please take the lead."

19. - Top - End - #259

Myki does a quick circuit of the doors, ending with, "All clear."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Akif smiles at Myji's warning, offering a slight bow. As she offers an all clear he'll advance to the door tat was nominated and push it open and head through it. Shield ready to defend himself and a meaty clenched fist.

21. - Top - End - #261

The door to the west is opened. This room is lined with bookshelves, each packed to bursting with tomes, folios, and scroll tubes. A stuffed chair upholstered with a bear pelt sits in the corner, the bear’s head rising from the top of the high back and holding a glowing glass orb in its jaws.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Akif slowly walks into the library looking about and eyes the bear's head carefully. Concentrating for a second he starts to detect magic scanning the room and the orb for any magic and what it may be. "Lots of books in here should you wish to take a look" he calls to the others, stepping to the side to allow them into the room as well.

23. - Top - End - #263

MonkGuy

Iluvar says, "Let's bypass this until we need to search more thoroughly."

24. - Top - End - #264

"I'm not even going in there," says the Scribe, "or we won't leave for awhile, and I don't want to be tempted to take anything. Right now, we are hinging everything on the augur having told us true, and that this is the home of a kidnapper and we might find Augustille here. Technically, though, that is alleged hearsay and we're taking a bit of a risk in that regard."

The only magic aura is the glowing orb, and it doesn't take much skill to realize that it is simply a continual flame spell.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir

"Well Myki, where to next? I'd go for the eastern door, but I'll bow to your decision" Sisir says after hearing Iluvar's comment.

26. - Top - End - #266

"Really, Random Wanderer?" Myki asks. "Because my decision would be to go back in that other room and check out the two doors there that were completely whiffled."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir

Sisir smiles and raises his hands placatingly, "As you wish Myki. Simply a difference of opinion about the best path to take, no need to get riled up." Sisir raises his arm towards Iluvar, indicating he will follow the others.

28. - Top - End - #268

"The best path to take is one where we look everywhere since somebody has been kidnapped," she says as she heads back to the first main hallway. "I am not saying I expect success. Given their position, they seem like just closets, possibly, but we should check instead of wandering about listlessly."

The Scribe follows her, giving the warm light of the flame from his ranseur.

She checks and opens the door to the west, already guessing as to its function. This is an ordinary privy, with a stone seat and a small standing washbasin with a copper faucet and drain. She steps in and does a quick once over, and then shuts the door.

She then goes to the western door to the north that was closer to the tupilaq's wall display. She checks and opens that door as well. The storeroom is packed with crates and bins filled with bolts, cogs, chains, tubes, bricks of clay, and other supplies seemingly suited for an artist or mechanic. On a table in the middle of the room lies a pile of three round, eyeball-shaped constructs with spindly arms, all of them broken and battered.

"Yeah, that's not creepy," she remarks, and only she and The Scribe can fit in there. They look around for only a minute before coming out and making their way back down the hallway to the second alcove.

She checks the door to the east and mentions that it is clear before stepping back and nodding to Akif.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Akif looks at Myki, ”if that way is all clear we may have to go through the garden then or go through that door there?” he suggests pointing to the door to the west that lay beyond the entranceway

30. - Top - End - #270

"We won't know until you open the door, armored fella'," she says.
    Show