New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Rachel will just impassively gaze into Victor's eyes. Just try something ********. Aloud she will say, 'You'll just have to work for your next meal. Frankly I prefer it.' Perhaps Victor was lazy about such things.

As Victor and Anna talked, Rachel will stand far enough away to give them the illusion of privacy while being close enough to hear everything.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Rachel will just impassively gaze into Victor's eyes. Just try something ********. Aloud she will say, 'You'll just have to work for your next meal. Frankly I prefer it.' Perhaps Victor was lazy about such things.

As Victor and Anna talked, Rachel will stand far enough away to give them the illusion of privacy while being close enough to hear everything.
    Anna leads Victor farther away so Rachel, who is obviously attempting to eavesdrop, cannot overhear their private conversation.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Victor's hardened glare barely shifts when Anna mentions how she can't be blamed for trying. He listens to her offer, before finally and slowly offering a hand to shake. "Deal," he says gruffly, "I'll message Lady Stardust for the record."

Rachel's comment barely draws a reaction from Victor who continues to grin. "We'll see," he says with a chuckle and the slightest nod of his head.

Their conversation seemingly over, he will turn to greet Anna as she arrives...

Spoiler: OOC@All
    Show
    Do we want to bring everyone together now???
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Anna and Victor rejoin Rachel, Karl and Gabe, a moving truck pulls slowly into the parking lot. Julian is not yet anywhere to be seen. Its lights fall upon the gathered Kindred as it goes over the ramp into the lot, and then directs its course slowly to them. Unaffected by the dark, the group can see the truck is painted white, and as it pulls up you can see the gracefully written blue cursive lettering that reads, "Bugs Blown Up". Below the header is a cartoonish drawing of a grinning bearded exterminator holding a Bugs Bunny era black round bomb, complete with a sizzling wick. The expression on the cartoon exterminator's face is almost maniacal.

The truck groans to a halt, taking up four parking spots in the process. The driver side door opens and a ruddy faced man with a greying beard that falls down to his protuberant belly, steps out slowly. He's wearing a coverall uniform that sits somewhere between granite grey and vomit brown in color, and the sown on badge identifies him as Gale. He studies the gathered motley crew cautiously, a scowl on his face. "Karl?" he asks flatly.

Karl raises his hand and steps forward and with a nod says, "Mr. Edbert, thank you for coming. We have quiet a... pest problem on our hands."

Gale gives a single nod acknowledgement. "So I hear," he says flatly. There's a twang to his voice, though it's hard to place exactly where the accent comes from, adding coldly, "I see this won't be a private meeting then."

The Mekhet sleuth shrugs and shakes his head replying, "These are my companions. This is unfortunately more than a one person pest problem." Gale nods at this too but says nothing, so Karl gets a little bolder, "We have... very specific needs. I'll let my colleagues give you more details." Karl turns to the group, though his eyes fall first on Anna.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel has never met an arms dealer before and will watch the man with interest. She had never had any reason to learn how to use a gun but perhaps while the man was here she could always ask. She'll wait for Anna to explain the situation first though.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    As Anna and Victor rejoin Rachel, Karl and Gabe, a moving truck pulls slowly into the parking lot. Julian is not yet anywhere to be seen. Its lights fall upon the gathered Kindred as it goes over the ramp into the lot, and then directs its course slowly to them. Unaffected by the dark, the group can see the truck is painted white, and as it pulls up you can see the gracefully written blue cursive lettering that reads, "Bugs Blown Up". Below the header is a cartoonish drawing of a grinning bearded exterminator holding a Bugs Bunny era black round bomb, complete with a sizzling wick. The expression on the cartoon exterminator's face is almost maniacal.

The truck groans to a halt, taking up four parking spots in the process. The driver side door opens and a ruddy faced man with a greying beard that falls down to his protuberant belly, steps out slowly. He's wearing a coverall uniform that sits somewhere between granite grey and vomit brown in color, and the sown on badge identifies him as Gale. He studies the gathered motley crew cautiously, a scowl on his face. "Karl?" he asks flatly.

Karl raises his hand and steps forward and with a nod says, "Mr. Edbert, thank you for coming. We have quiet a... pest problem on our hands."

Gale gives a single nod acknowledgement. "So I hear," he says flatly. There's a twang to his voice, though it's hard to place exactly where the accent comes from, adding coldly, "I see this won't be a private meeting then."

The Mekhet sleuth shrugs and shakes his head replying, "These are my companions. This is unfortunately more than a one person pest problem." Gale nods at this too but says nothing, so Karl gets a little bolder, "We have... very specific needs. I'll let my colleagues give you more details." Karl turns to the group, though his eyes fall first on Anna.
    "Uhh. What do you have in the way of claymore mines?" Anna asked. She didn't expect to be put on the spot like this, and took a moment to gather her thoughts.

"How about grenade launchers? Remote detonation explosives? Recon drones? Napalm? Assault rifles?" Anna followed up with.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Anna's requests seemed sensible. Rachel will add, 'What would you suggest for a beginner Mr Edbert?'

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

At all of Anna's requests, the man raises a bushy eyebrow. He responds after a hesitant pause, "How much money are you looking to spend?" He sighs and then adds, "I've got some of what you are asking, but none of it is gonna be cheap. I've got a pair of M18s, newer models too. Assault rifles I got plenty of, depending on how picky you are on models. Grenade launcher? I've got one, and that will cost you a whole lotta cash."

(OOC: I am not a weapons person, but my understanding is what makes a Claymore special is that it is a remote detonating mine, though it can also be trip wired... and that it sprays with directionality. Anyone with more knowledge, feel free to speak up)

To Rachel he shrugs. "How much of a beginner are we talking? Most pistols and rifles are pretty basic."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

At all of Anna's requests, the man raises a bushy eyebrow. He responds after a hesitant pause, "How much money are you looking to spend?" He sighs and then adds, "I've got some of what you are asking, but none of it is gonna be cheap. I've got a pair of M18s, newer models too. Assault rifles I got plenty of, depending on how picky you are on models. Grenade launcher? I've got one, and that will cost you a whole lotta cash."

(OOC: I am not a weapons person, but my understanding is what makes a Claymore special is that it is a remote detonating mine, though it can also be trip wired... and that it sprays with directionality. Anyone with more knowledge, feel free to speak up)

To Rachel he shrugs. "How much of a beginner are we talking? Most pistols and rifles are pretty basic."
    "What are the going rates?" Anna asked, "oh yeah, if you have kevlar vests, some of ours might need those as well."

Money was not really much of a concern for either herself or Karl, but she wasn't about to get ripped off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anna and Karl both have rss 5, I imagine between us we should be able to afford anything we need?
    Yes, claymores are basically directional mines that spray ball bearings in a direction when tripped. That's all i really know but basically I think daishain was trying to set up kill areas that we can lure enemies into and take them out.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

'As in someone that's never fired a gun before. Perhaps you have a shotgun?'

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Gale sighs at the question of going rates, exhaustion written in the wrinkles and burst capillaries of his cheeks and forehead. He quickly reviews the cost of items. It sounds like the group could afford the pair of claymores, or just one of the claymores and the grenade launcher, but not both. The grenade launcher would only come with three shots as well. They could pick up a handful of assault rifles regardless; enough for each "party" member without effecting the rest. Gale makes sure to emphasize how everything is untraceable but how obviously they are not to mention him or his service to anyone.

At Rachel's question he raises an eyebrow. His lips pull up in a smirk that almost shows disdain, or maybe pity. "Mam," he says, "I shotgun ain't hard to use, but if you've never fired a gun before, having only two shots might not be the best idea. Plus, they buck like a mule." He shrugs and adds, "But I'll sell ya one if you want it."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel is ok to make a financial contribution to the armoury if neccessary.

To Gale, 'I'd like to think it would be for emergencies only.' Using a knife was at least something she had had some experience of. 'But the recoil is something I hadn't considered. Perhaps I'll stick with a pistol while I have you here. Obviously I should find a place to practice when I have more time.'

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Sounds like a deal mam," Gale replies, before briefly discussing the options for handgun.

(OOC: Let me know what model you are specifically looking at as there are multiple options in just the Vampire book, let alone in other supplements)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll take one of those claymores, and the grenade launcher too," Anna said.

She checked to make sure they weren't missing anything critical, and assured Karl's contact that she didn't even know his name.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl glances aside at Rachel, "If you're willing to put up with an old soldier's lectures, I can drill the basics for that weapon. I would suggest a 9 millimeter, they're easy to get used to and don't have too much of a recoil problem. Glocks are particularly popular, they feel a little too light in my hands but I can't deny they're simple and reliable."

Turning back to Gale he says, "I'll take a shotgun though, pump action 12 gauge if you have it. Is there any chance you have slug rounds or better yet Dragon's Breath? If not buckshot will do. I do hope you'll do business with us again. Chances are we'll have reason to call with a less hurried request in the near future."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Slug rounds are basically just solid bullets that fit in a shotgun, they trade target spread and penetration for straight up stopping power. Dragon's breath is a name for shotgun pellets composed of raw magnesium, they're like rather dangerous fireworks when fired, in the context of this game they'd be doing incendiary damage. Don't know if the books have an equivalent, I'm halfway just asking for flavor.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

To Karl, 'Then I'll take your advice.' Rachel assumed that if you were close enough you didn't necessarily need to be a good shot.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The man listens to Anna, grey eyes cold and focused on her face. He'll ask Anna to show that she has the cash to pay for it, and when she does, will nod his head clearly doing his best to hide being impressed and say, "Very well then."

Karl's question causes the man to raise a bushy eyebrow. "I've got a pump action, sure," Gale will say with a curt nod, "and I got some solid slugs that go with it for dealing with bears... though there's not many of those around the city. But Dragon's Breath? I ain't got none of that... and that's a good way to melt out your barrel after a handful of uses." He says the last bit with disdain, and spits on the ground.

To Rachel he says, "I can get you a glock, no problem. Got plenty."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl just nods, he didn't bother mentioning that the condition of the barrel after usage was of no concern to him, if they didn't have the ammo there was no point.

As the group leaves the saleman behind, he says, "That's handled. If you two can see there are any other angles we can work to get this right, speak up. Otherwise we need to get moving, there's prep work at the Opera House, and a firearm lesson is apparently in order."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

To Rachel he says, "I can get you a glock, no problem. Got plenty."
    'Thank you.' Rachel will pay for her gun. 'If I'd known if was this easy I would have done this when I came to America.'

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    As the group leaves the saleman behind, he says, "That's handled. If you two can see there are any other angles we can work to get this right, speak up. Otherwise we need to get moving, there's prep work at the Opera House, and a firearm lesson is apparently in order."
    'It couldn't hurt, although I would say that the gun is for emergencies more then anything else.' On other angles, 'Ideally you'd want a way of drawing away some of Nova's people on other business so there's less of them to deal with at the Opera House, but I don't think there's anything more important then this at the moment.'

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

'Thank you.' Rachel will pay for her gun. 'If I'd known if was this easy I would have done this when I came to America.'
    The "exterminator" rolls his eyes and says with a sigh, "Welcome to America. Home of the free... and all that."

After the salesman has left, Julian steps forward, the familiar overly concerned look on his ageless face. "Perhaps now we could discuss a bit more of a plan," he says, one hand going to his belt where his trusty curved sword would normally sit. "You've now got a few explosives," he says, "that can do a good amount of damage, though I imagine firing a grenade launcher inside the Opera House will be pretty frowned upon. But I have to imagine if Nova is coming in to kill The Prince, which is the bait, right? Well she will be coming in with a lot of firepower. I can't imagine she's coming in with an army of Carthians, but she has a good number of ghouls at her disposal. So what exactly is the plan?" He casts his judgmental expression from Karl to Anna, before looking out over the rest of the gathered Kindred.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-03-20 at 02:08 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

'And firing it outside? Just for the sake of getting Nova's ghouls when they're most likely to be clustered together. How bothered are we if the police show up? I'd like to think they might be more of a problem for a bunch of armed kine then they would be for us.'

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'And firing it outside? Just for the sake of getting Nova's ghouls when they're most likely to be clustered together. How bothered are we if the police show up? I'd like to think they might be more of a problem for a bunch of armed kine then they would be for us.'
    "That or driving them into the Opera house. Or both," Anna said, "Actually, we want to set up a kill zone, right? Do we want it inside or outside? Or do we have enough for two?"

She considered the layout of the Opera House, how many entrances and approach paths there were.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-03-21 at 01:46 AM.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Inside, certainly. Once the ambush begins they'll be looking to escape and the building itself will help limit their options in that regard. Also while we have plenty of contacts with the police to keep an incident quiet, there's a limit to what they can do. Explosives going off downtown in the streets would get everyone's attention in a hurry, and no doubt there will be plenty of inconvenient cameras. Reports of muffled noises coming from the old opera house? Lot easier to explain away, especially if we leave evidence behind suggesting it was a brief but intense gang skirmish." Karl rubs his temples, imagining the paperwork associated with trying to redirect this mess. Some long nights ahead no matter how it went.

"What I'd suggest is we set the claymore up in a position where it's spread is directed at the legs of anyone standing in our kill zone, and use directed fireteams to take down anyone not brought down by it. Keep the grenade launcher in reserve, if we don't end up needing it, great. But if she rolls in with more grunts than we're expecting, or some of theirs isn't going down to bullets, it could turn the tide. We're better off shooting to incapacitate here if that's an option. A bunch of prisoners facing trial looks better for the prince than slaughtered kindred."

"Main question is going to be where we set the kill zone up. Ideally we'll want them to be presented with only one way in or out, so they're forced to funnel in as a group. Might need to physically block off some of the other entrances."

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post

"Main question is going to be where we set the kill zone up. Ideally we'll want them to be presented with only one way in or out, so they're forced to funnel in as a group. Might need to physically block off some of the other entrances."[/I]
    'At the very least. Is there likely to be someone with the keys to the building working there overnight? Or do we need to talk some kine into blocking any emergency doors with their cars.' Which shouldn't be that difficult. 'And who do we get to close the main doors at the right moment?'

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Julian sighs, a completely unnecessary act that is clearly meant to get everyone's attention before he speaks. "A problem with the opera house is that it's mostly wide open spaces. The lobby and the theater area themselves both take up the majority of the building, and if you remember from Gorman's riot, there's enough room for hundreds of people in both," he says, speaking in a cold analytical tone. The Sworn continues, "So our best bet will be to lure them somewhere deep inside of the building, that is also tightly enclosed... and we'll need a reason for them to fall into such a trap. If no one knows of such a spot, we should try to find one the moment we get there." He looks back to Anna, then to Karl to get their thoughts.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

'There's always forcing a kine to be the bait in an appropriate location. Or would that look too much like an obvious trap?'

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Julian sighs, a completely unnecessary act that is clearly meant to get everyone's attention before he speaks. "A problem with the opera house is that it's mostly wide open spaces. The lobby and the theater area themselves both take up the majority of the building, and if you remember from Gorman's riot, there's enough room for hundreds of people in both," he says, speaking in a cold analytical tone. The Sworn continues, "So our best bet will be to lure them somewhere deep inside of the building, that is also tightly enclosed... and we'll need a reason for them to fall into such a trap. If no one knows of such a spot, we should try to find one the moment we get there." He looks back to Anna, then to Karl to get their thoughts.
    Anna tried to consider the layout of the place, and what the likely course of action would be if she knew the Prince were arriving by car...

They'd probably try to take out the welcoming group first, and then ambush him when he arrived. That meant securing the parking lot. She tried to recall what the available parking was like at the Opera House, and the paths leading from parking to the Opera House proper.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There was no parking lot in or under the Opera House itself. Instead, several uncovered ground level parking lots were set up along the blocks surrounding the building. Because nothing was cheap in this city, each lot required payed parking, with the closest lots being most expensive.

It was reasonable to assume there was some way a truck could load larger set pieces or lighting equipment into and out of the Opera House; maybe a loading bay in the back of the building, though Anna had never looked for one before.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

There was no parking lot in or under the Opera House itself. Instead, several uncovered ground level parking lots were set up along the blocks surrounding the building. Because nothing was cheap in this city, each lot required payed parking, with the closest lots being most expensive.

It was reasonable to assume there was some way a truck could load larger set pieces or lighting equipment into and out of the Opera House; maybe a loading bay in the back of the building, though Anna had never looked for one before.
    "They're going to assume he'll come straight to the Opera House... no way the Prince is going to walk from one of the parking lots," Anna said, "there should be a loading bay or something for trucks for supplies and set pieces... That's where they'll assume he'll go, so if we set up there, we might be able to ambush them."
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    "They're going to assume he'll come straight to the Opera House... no way the Prince is going to walk from one of the parking lots," Anna said, "there should be a loading bay or something for trucks for supplies and set pieces... That's where they'll assume he'll go, so if we set up there, we might be able to ambush them."
    'So there's only going to be so many routes out of a place like that.' Rachel mused. 'Maybe throw some furniture down any stairwells if we want to limit anyone running away.'