New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Anna follows Bill to the bathroom, looking to feed while he's throwing up. It would also give her a perfect opportunity to get rid of the tequila sitting in her stomach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to try and take four from the construction working.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

'I like it.' Rachel didn't really know much about art, even from when she had been a mortal, but she appreciated potential. 'But do you make much doing this?'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Sorry forgot about the other scene

-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Indra's eyes dart back and forth between Gabe and Rachel as she speaks, finally drifting back to her fellow Circle member where they rest, still filled with malice. She unclenches her fist, and you can see the long claws that have grown from her finger tips. But when she speaks, it is clear that Indra is doing her best to suppress her anger. "I can't imagine what you could do for me," she says through gritted teeth, "but maybe a Minor Boon would be fair!"
    Rachel will grin at the idea that Indra was willing to negotiate. 'Well, you realise I can make people do things without me having to threaten them first. I'm sure something like that might come in handy at some point. But you're free to make a suggestion if you think of anything else.' She'll agree to the minor boon. 'Normally I'd try to get more in return for something like that, but anything for a fellow member of the Circle.'

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna follows the drunken construction worker into the bathroom. Face in the Crowd allows Anna to follow the man without fear of being noticed. She is heartened to see that there are individual restrooms, and that Bill is too drunk to lock the door behind him. Anna slips in while Bill is beginning to wretch, and too busy to notice the Mekhet letting herself into the bathroom and locking the door behind him.

The bathroom itself is filled with an awful mingling of stenches, including Bill's vomitus and whomever emptied their bowels before them. The walls were once painted a feces brown, but have been tagged up with various lewd comments in a rainbow of marker and paint colors, and vandalized further by various street stickers and posters. The space is cramped, and Anna is almost on top of her prey the moment she is inside with him.

The man is still vomiting when Anna bites into the man. The sudden shock of the Kiss causes Bill to go rigid, such that he showers the front of the white porcelain tank with yellow emesis, and his knees almost go out from under him. But within a few seconds the very ecstasy of the feed, begins to sooth Bill such that his vomiting dies away to just a few last heaves and then a loud belch. As Anna lowers Bill to the floor, she can feel how clammy his flesh has become, covered in a greasy layer of cold sweat. He is breathing heavily, and each exhale sounds wet. Bill's heart is racing, and Anna can tell the man is not in a great way.

(OOC: Anna takes 4BP, bringing her up to 7/10. She does 4 L damage, leaving the man Swooned, Drained, and with a 4/6 boxes filled with Lethal damage)

Rachel's question causes the girl to giggle. "I make a little," she says, "but I'm still in school... so that isn't really my focus." The girl takes a step back from Rachel, leaving her holding the art book. She clasps both hands in front of her chest, and while still smiling, makes a face that can best be described as "puppy dog eyes". In an innocent sort of pleading tone she says, "Anyways, do you think you could help me out tonight? I actually have money, but well, I was kind of hoping to buy some beer." Her eyes hastily dart to the 7-11, before returning to gaze at Rachel.

Indra's claws slowly retract, and her grimace fades slightly. Opening and closing her fists, she will nod her head at Rachel and reply, "You have yourself a deal. I will message Lady Stardust that you owe me a minor boon," adding, "and I'll include you in the message." A small but unfriendly grin pulls at the corner of her full dark lips and Indra adds darkly, "I'm sure it will come in handy some time soon!"

Before Rachel can reply, Indra passes her, walking into the alley to approach Gabe. "You should thank your friend," she snarls in a low voice, nodding her head towards Rachel, "otherwise, I would be in my right to hurt you... badly." She then turns her attention to Karl, who looks like he is desperate to reach out and strike Indra. "Keep a tighter leash on your childe. You should know better Karl. I won't forget this," she says, still grinning. But before Karl can respond, she moves to the vessel slumped up against the wall and kicks him in the side, hard enough to elicit a moan. "Idiot," she scowls.

She takes one step back, her foot splashing a small puddle of muck, before spinning and walking back out of the alley. As she passes by she whispers to Rachel, "See you around... if Nova doesn't find you first."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

'Well I'm glad to hear you have somewhere to go.' Rachel had wondered what the girl was even doing here at this hour, but she had been that young once. 'Oh I have no problem with that. Forcing you to wait until you're over 21 always seemed a bit much to me when it's only beer. But you might want to wait round the corner there.' Rachel will point to the darkest point in the area of the 7-11. 'I don't want to make it too obvious.'

-------

Rachel will watch Indra retract her claws while giving the impression that she wasn't that bothered that they had been out in the first place. 'I look forward to it.' She will watch Indra carefully as she talks to Karl to see if she has to intervene.

As Indra leaves she'll only reply, 'I'm sure she will. I don't suppose you have anything to share about that?'

As soon as Indra is out of earshot she'll say to Gabe, 'These things happen, but try not to do that again.'

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Stated but not satisfied, Anna leaves the man in the bathroom and makes a beeline for Celestine's house, calling an Uber if she has to. On the way, she sends a text message. In her mind, she tried to map out how far she was from Katie's new apartment.

She also sent a message to Tony: "Any word on Nova?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-11-10 at 12:27 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The girl's eyes go wide with excitement when Rachel says she'll help. "Oh thank you," she says, rescuing a pair of twenties from her wallet to hand to Rachel, adding, "I knew you were cool. Just um, grab me a pack of Blue Moon or something." She checks Karl and Gabe again with her eyes, before pointing to a tree on the sidewalk almost behind the 7-11 and says, "I'll meet you over there."

The spot is well hidden from street lights, and from some of the nearby traffic by the tree, and when Rachel returns (hopefully not having spent the full $40 on Blue Moon, because that would be a lot of beer), the girl is standing up against the tree, watching her approach. When Rachel is near enough the girl says, "Oh thank you so so much. This is, I mean you are awesome."

Rachel will watch Indra retract her claws while giving the impression that she wasn't that bothered that they had been out in the first place. 'I look forward to it.' She will watch Indra carefully as she talks to Karl to see if she has to intervene.

As Indra leaves she'll only reply, 'I'm sure she will. I don't suppose you have anything to share about that?'
    Indra ignores Rachel's first comment. But to the question she replies with an evil smirk, "Nope, but I hear she's looking for you."

"Sorry about that," Gabe says with dead seriousness, his eyes wide with fear.

Karl shakes his head, "How were you to know. That was just bad luck." To Rachel he will say, "I don't know how well you know Indra, but we've had a couple of run ins with her before. She and Aisling seemed to have it out for each other. Don't know how much you know about that."

Anna does need to take an Uber, as it's about a 15 minute car ride from the Panhandle to 19th Avenue where her Aunt and Uncle live. To Anna's frustration, Katie's apartment is still farther away, though at least in the "right" direction, in Bernal heights, which will be another 15 minutes from Celestine, if traffic isn't bad.

Celestine replies quickly, stating she is getting the house ready and will see Anna soon. Anna does not get a direct reply from Tony, instead...

A Message for All

Tony sends a group message to the entire Coterie via The Pulse. Even Gabe receives it. The message reads, "Saul was in league with Fort. We've got all the information we can. Best to talk in person. When can you meet? What have you found out so far?"
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-11-11 at 07:19 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

'Sometimes' Rachel replied on being accused of being cool. 'I was your age once.'

Rachel will get the beer as a deal was a deal, but she is in a hurry tonight. As she hands the girl her change she'll take the opportunity to exert her will. She didn't wish the girl any harm afterall.

Show

Int 3 + Expression 3 + Dominate 2
    (8d10)[5][2][7][7][7][1][2][3](34)
    Any 10s
    (8d10)[1][2][4][4][10][5][6][6](38)

see ooc for Wp. 2 10s.

--------------

To Gabe, 'It's none of my business, but you might want to think about how you could deal with someone like that if you meet them alone. I suppose you ought to be good at hiding at least.'

To Karl, 'I mostly know Indra by reputation, but I'm not surprised she and Aisling didn't get on. I'd expect if it's not just a Gangrel thing then Aisling did something to upset her.'

------------

In response to Tony's message, 'If we need to meet, late in the morning or tomorrow night would be best for me.'

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Anna sends Celestine a message that she won’t be able to stay long, as she is still on the clock. She intends to stop by, donate some vitae, then head to the hospital to drink some more before some emergency pops up.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rachel locks her eyes with the girl's, flexing her will over the mortal's fragile will. She watches as the girl's green eyes go vacant, the flesh of her lids going slack around the white orbs. Rachel can hear sudden racing of her heartbeat, can smell the blood in her arteries pushing against her soft flesh to warm and redden the fragile skin. The girl was suddenly helpless to Rachel's command.

(OOC: Rachel successfully applies the Mesmerized condition and can exert her will with specific short commands)

Gabe frowns at the admonishment, and though it looks like he wants to offer some excuse, he instead says, "I'm sorry. Thank you for... for helping." He bows his head, looking down at his feet, or maybe Rachel's.

Karl shrugs at Rachel's comment. "Aisling really did not get along with your Primogen," he says flatly, "and I think Indra was hoping to gain some sway with Blackstar by antagonizing her." He frowns and grabbing hold of the shoulder of Gabe's jacket says, "We should probably get out of here ASAP."

Karl sees the message, and Rachel's and says to her, "Hmmm. It might be good to learn what Tony was able to wring out of Saul. I have a bad feeling Nova will be coming out of the woodwork sooner or later, and the more information we have the less likely we are to be taken by surprise. Unless you have a lead you want to start on right now."

Anna gets Celestine's reply first. A hastily typed, "See you soon."

This is followed by Rachel's reply to the Pulse message:

'If we need to meet, late in the morning or tomorrow night would be best for me.'
    She soon arrives at Henry and Celestine's apartment off of 19 Avenue, being dropped off by her Uber driver. Even as she is climbing the stairs to the second floor entrance of their home, the door swings open. Celestine is wearing a bright blue robe over a black dress under it. Her silver cross on a chain sparkles around her neck in the light from inside. Inside, Anna can smell incense, and Chinese home cooking (maybe congee and steamed vegetables), and long since gutted cigarettes. "Anna dear," she says in thick Cantonese, "come in, come in. It is so cold out." She smiles warmly at her niece, but Celestine looks frail still, and a little twitchy.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Hello auntie, how have you been? Unfortunately I can’t stay long, but I did bring something,” Anna said, “can we talk privately for a minute?”

Anna is hoping for a private moment where she can let Celestine drink a bit of vitae.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anna will let Celestine have one bp, she is still thirsty after all. After which, she will head to the hospital for another feeding.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will wait a moment to check that it was working before asking the girl to 'Sit down against the tree.' Once the girl has done so she'll lean down to take a drink.

Show

Just taking enough to be full which I think is 1 BP.

----------

Rachel will only nod at Gabe's response.

She'll consider Karl's comment. 'Indra might have had the right idea from what I've heard. Or she'd just have upset Aisling enough for one of them to kill the other.'

On meeting Tony. 'You're not wrong about that, but I have an appointment to keep tonight for Blackstar. For the moment anything I do with you and Anna will need to be balanced against anything I need to do for the Circle. If I can't manage that I can't garuntee I'll live long enough to be helpful to you.' Rachel is matter of fact about that.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl shrugs slightly, "As expected, we all have duties on the side. However, the circle should be quite aware that having an insider working with the hounds, or as one of them for that matter, is an asset to their benefit. I might suggest leveraging that if you need to resolve a conflict."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

'Oh I thought about that, but since you brought it up I think that may depend on your willingness to offer the Circle something they want at some point down the line. Even if it's something you don't want to hand over. I can see it getting awkward.'

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Celestine, still standing at the door, narrows her eyes when Anna says they need to talk privately. She will close the door behind her, almost all the way, and in a hushed whisper will say, "Do we need to talk inside?" Anna can see the excitement in her Aunt's eyes, and not just the excitement, but the hunger. She watches as the woman's pupils dilate despite the darkness, can hear her heartbeat quicken.

Assuming Anna makes it clear just what she "wants to talk about", Celestine will hastily usher Anna inside and up the stairs. "Dear," she says to Henry, avoiding eye contact, "I want to show Anna some of my old jewelry. We are going into the bedroom. We will be back out in a moment." She practically pushes Anna through the living room, and down the hall to the bedroom, ignoring her husband's confused look and his protestations about at least getting to greet Anna first. The bedroom is claustrophobic and, filled with antiquated trinkets and traditional Chinese paintings, and old photos in very art-deco style frames. The bed practically fills up most of the room, and the air is thick with the smell of stale perfume and mothballs.

Celestine will close the door behind them, almost slamming it in her excitement. "Okaaaay," she will say, teeth clenched, eyes wide and desperate. She presses in close to Anna, awaiting the promised blood, unaware of her crazed expression, or perhaps just not caring.

(OOC: Okay with Anna feeding 1BP, but want to RP through it)

The girl follows Rachel's commands, wordlessly lowering herself to the ground by the tree. But when Rachel's teeth pierce the girl's soft flesh, she sighs ever so softly despite the daze. The expression is so sweet, and so perfect, as Rachel takes in the girl's life; her blood. But Rachel is prudent and not nearly has hungry as her peers, and ends the feed once she has taken the little bit of blood she needs, licking the wound clean and leaving the girl flushed and breathing just a little faster. "Oh," the girl whispers, though why and to who is unclear.

(OOC: Rachel is up to 10/10. I have updated her character box. She doesn't apply Drained or do anything too significant to the girl, other than 1L damage.)

Gabe listens to Karl and Rachel then finally speaks up. To his sire he will say softly, "Why don't we go to The Prince's then and find out what Tony learned. Rachel can go to her Primogen and we can meet after. We don't have to all stick together, and perhaps that means it will be harder for Nova to get all of us... though of course our strength will be divided."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will watch the girl's expression for a few moments with a smile. 'I think you should find somewhere to sit down and drink your beer don't you?' If the girl didn't look like she was going to actually fall over then Rachel will leave her to get on with her night.

-------

'If Nova actually wants to bother me I suppose that's a risk I'll have to take. Although I suppose if I disappear mysteriously you can make an educated guess about what happened.'

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Celestine, still standing at the door, narrows her eyes when Anna says they need to talk privately. She will close the door behind her, almost all the way, and in a hushed whisper will say, "Do we need to talk inside?" Anna can see the excitement in her Aunt's eyes, and not just the excitement, but the hunger. She watches as the woman's pupils dilate despite the darkness, can hear her heartbeat quicken.

Assuming Anna makes it clear just what she "wants to talk about", Celestine will hastily usher Anna inside and up the stairs. "Dear," she says to Henry, avoiding eye contact, "I want to show Anna some of my old jewelry. We are going into the bedroom. We will be back out in a moment." She practically pushes Anna through the living room, and down the hall to the bedroom, ignoring her husband's confused look and his protestations about at least getting to greet Anna first. The bedroom is claustrophobic and, filled with antiquated trinkets and traditional Chinese paintings, and old photos in very art-deco style frames. The bed practically fills up most of the room, and the air is thick with the smell of stale perfume and mothballs.

Celestine will close the door behind them, almost slamming it in her excitement. "Okaaaay," she will say, teeth clenched, eyes wide and desperate. She presses in close to Anna, awaiting the promised blood, unaware of her crazed expression, or perhaps just not caring.

(OOC: Okay with Anna feeding 1BP, but want to RP through it)

The girl follows Rachel's commands, wordlessly lowering herself to the ground by the tree. But when Rachel's teeth pierce the girl's soft flesh, she sighs ever so softly despite the daze. The expression is so sweet, and so perfect, as Rachel takes in the girl's life; her blood. But Rachel is prudent and not nearly has hungry as her peers, and ends the feed once she has taken the little bit of blood she needs, licking the wound clean and leaving the girl flushed and breathing just a little faster. "Oh," the girl whispers, though why and to who is unclear.

(OOC: Rachel is up to 10/10. I have updated her character box. She doesn't apply Drained or do anything too significant to the girl, other than 1L damage.)

Gabe listens to Karl and Rachel then finally speaks up. To his sire he will say softly, "Why don't we go to The Prince's then and find out what Tony learned. Rachel can go to her Primogen and we can meet after. We don't have to all stick together, and perhaps that means it will be harder for Nova to get all of us... though of course our strength will be divided."
    Anna Wu

"Hello Uncle!" Anna said with a smile and a wave as she allowed herself to be ushered upstairs.
    Once in the bedroom with the door shut, she looked at Celestine.
    "I know you've been waiting for this," Anna whispered, "I'm sorry I haven't been by more often, but I will try to bring more when I can."
    She bit the soft flesh beneath her thumb and held it out for Celestine to grip and suckle from. She didn't want to lose the precious vitae, but she needed her aunt to be sated.
    "Enough," she said quietly, then licked the wound closed, "enough for now. I will come back another night. It is very dangerous for me these days, I need to be careful."

She placed a hand on Celestine's cheek.
    "You please be careful as well," she said. Then she was out the door, making some excuse that the earrings she thought would go with her outfit for an event in the coming days did not, in fact, complement her features as well as she thought they would.

She headed straight to the hospital to try to feed more while she had the chance.

"We need to find Nova," she texted Karl on the way, "she's going to try to pick us off. The car is probably our only lead right now, what can we do about that?"
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rachel will watch the girl's expression for a few moments with a smile. 'I think you should find somewhere to sit down and drink your beer don't you?' If the girl didn't look like she was going to actually fall over then Rachel will leave her to get on with her night.
    The girl's eyes flutter a little bit at the suggestion. Assuming Rachel is using her will on the still mesmerized mortal, the girl will mutter an 'okay', before staggering to her feet with the six pack clutched under one arm. "I'm going to take this to my friend's house," she says, her words just slightly slurred. She adds, "Thank you," before stumbling away in a manner that reminds Rachel slightly of a horror movie zombie.

'If Nova actually wants to bother me I suppose that's a risk I'll have to take. Although I suppose if I disappear mysteriously you can make an educated guess about what happened.'
    (OOC: I will let Karl reply here)

Anna's uncle opens his mouth to reply, but closes it as he is not given the opportunity by Celestine.

"I know you've been waiting for this," Anna whispered, "I'm sorry I haven't been by more often, but I will try to bring more when I can."
    She bit the soft flesh beneath her thumb and held it out for Celestine to grip and suckle from. She didn't want to lose the precious vitae, but she needed her aunt to be sated.
    "Enough," she said quietly, then licked the wound closed, "enough for now. I will come back another night. It is very dangerous for me these days, I need to be careful."
    Celestine only shakes her head a little at Anna's apologies, her focus narrowing in on the wound on Anna's thumb, where a small well of dark red vitae gathers. The blood is more viscous than a mortal's, richer in hue and in scent. It does not dribble or flow out of the gash, but seems to create a small puddle over her thumb. Celestine can barely contain herself, as she wraps both hands around Anna's wrist and brings her mouth down and around the pointed digit. She suckles at the wound, her tongue working up and down and creating pressure across it to help pull out the blood that refuses to flow. The sensation is not wholly unpleasant, with a small wave of pleasure spreading across Anna's thumb every time her Aunt suckled.

When Anna pushes her aunt away, Celestine stumbles back slightly, surprise in her eyes. "Can't I... can't I have a little more," she asks, the words escaping Celestine's blood stained lips almost reflexively. She runs her tongue over the remaining blood, closing her eyes and savoring it for a moment. A little more composed, Celestine says, "I have waited so long." She reaches out for Anna with both hands, and if allowed, will place them on both of Anna's shoulders, her grasp not forceful, but desperate none the less.

(OOC: I have updated Anna's character box, down to 6/10)
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

The girl's eyes flutter a little bit at the suggestion. Assuming Rachel is using her will on the still mesmerized mortal, the girl will mutter an 'okay', before staggering to her feet with the six pack clutched under one arm. "I'm going to take this to my friend's house," she says, her words just slightly slurred. She adds, "Thank you," before stumbling away in a manner that reminds Rachel slightly of a horror movie zombie.

(OOC: I will let Karl reply here)

Anna's uncle opens his mouth to reply, but closes it as he is not given the opportunity by Celestine.

Celestine only shakes her head a little at Anna's apologies, her focus narrowing in on the wound on Anna's thumb, where a small well of dark red vitae gathers. The blood is more viscous than a mortal's, richer in hue and in scent. It does not dribble or flow out of the gash, but seems to create a small puddle over her thumb. Celestine can barely contain herself, as she wraps both hands around Anna's wrist and brings her mouth down and around the pointed digit. She suckles at the wound, her tongue working up and down and creating pressure across it to help pull out the blood that refuses to flow. The sensation is not wholly unpleasant, with a small wave of pleasure spreading across Anna's thumb every time her Aunt suckled.

When Anna pushes her aunt away, Celestine stumbles back slightly, surprise in her eyes. "Can't I... can't I have a little more," she asks, the words escaping Celestine's blood stained lips almost reflexively. She runs her tongue over the remaining blood, closing her eyes and savoring it for a moment. A little more composed, Celestine says, "I have waited so long." She reaches out for Anna with both hands, and if allowed, will place them on both of Anna's shoulders, her grasp not forceful, but desperate none the less.

(OOC: I have updated Anna's character box, down to 6/10)
    Anna licks the wound closed, then allows her aunt to take what few drops remain smeared on her skin. She then cups her cheek with her other hand.
    "If I die, you will wait forever," she said, "I will bring more when it is safer... though, if you wanted to help, I do need someone I can trust to manage the hospital organization. It would pay, as well. The sooner it is up and running, the more you can drink. Whether to let Uncle know it's me you're working for or not, I would leave to you. If you're interested, send me a text message and we can get the paperwork started."
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Celestine listens, her eyes widening as Anna's words reach her for probably the first time. "Is there something dangerous," she asks, her voice low and heavy. To Anna's suggestion she shakes her head, "I'm... I'm a researcher by training, and I haven't done that since we left for America. I wouldn't know the first thing about managing a hospital." She pauses for a long moment, her eyes closing halfway, a sign Anna recognized as her Aunt thinking deeply. "I have a friend with business experience. If you would like, I can introduce you to her," she says, lids lifting to study Anna's response.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Celestine listens, her eyes widening as Anna's words reach her for probably the first time. "Is there something dangerous," she asks, her voice low and heavy. To Anna's suggestion she shakes her head, "I'm... I'm a researcher by training, and I haven't done that since we left for America. I wouldn't know the first thing about managing a hospital." She pauses for a long moment, her eyes closing halfway, a sign Anna recognized as her Aunt thinking deeply. "I have a friend with business experience. If you would like, I can introduce you to her," she says, lids lifting to study Anna's response.
    "Yes, dangerous. Hopefully it will become less so soon," Anna said, "It would need to be someone we could trust, that's the most important thing. If you think she is right for the job, certainly let me know. I need to go now. Let me say hello and goodbye to uncle."

After saying her goodbyes and making excuses that she's feeling under the weather to excuse her appearance should he notice anything, Anna will head to the hospital for a second feeding.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

To her niece's confirmation, Celestine says sternly, "Please be careful Anna." Before Anna steps out, she replies, "Here, give me one moment." She goes to her dresser, ancient and ornate piece of polished wood, where she grabs a small rolodex. A moment later she returns with a business card. "Katherine is an old friend. Maybe you met her a long time ago, back in Hong Kong. She may be best able to help you. If you call her, let her know you are my niece," she says, handing Anna the card.

Henry is still standing, when Anna steps out of the bedroom. He has moved to the hallway, a look of concern on his face. "Is... everything okay?" he asks hesitantly, studying Anna's face. For a moment, Anna is afraid she had not remembered to use the trick of life, but then she feels her heart beating in her chest, and bringing a hand to her face, can feel the warmth of her own cheek. Before Anna can reply, he adds, "I hope you at least have time to stay for a little bit of tea."

(OOC: Anna used Blush of life in the feeding scene)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-11-26 at 05:38 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

To her niece's confirmation, Celestine says sternly, "Please be careful Anna." Before Anna steps out, she replies, "Here, give me one moment." She goes to her dresser, ancient and ornate piece of polished wood, where she grabs a small rolodex. A moment later she returns with a business card. "Katherine is an old friend. Maybe you met her a long time ago, back in Hong Kong. She may be best able to help you. If you call her, let her know you are my niece," she says, handing Anna the card.

Henry is still standing, when Anna steps out of the bedroom. He has moved to the hallway, a look of concern on his face. "Is... everything okay?" he asks hesitantly, studying Anna's face. For a moment, Anna is afraid she had not remembered to use the trick of life, but then she feels her heart beating in her chest, and bringing a hand to her face, can feel the warmth of her own cheek. Before Anna can reply, he adds, "I hope you at least have time to stay for a little bit of tea."

(OOC: Anna used Blush of life in the feeding scene)
    Anna pauses. She really does not have time, but she rarely gets to see her family.

"Okay... one cup," she says, "but I really must be going."

After having a quick cup of tea with her uncle and exchanging pleasantries and perhaps talking about Katie a little bit, Anna heads off to the hospital.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Henry shakes his head at Anna's response, a satisfied grin on his face. "Anna dear," he says with mock-paternal scolding, "you are going to have to find time to slow down at some point. You won't live forever, and you don't want to spend all of your time working." Almost as if in spite, he slowly turns to go heat the kettle, taking his time to take his time to get the tea going.

(OOC: Because isn't that exactly what family would do)

Finally freeing herself from her Aunt and Uncle's house, Anna heads South East, struggling against growing traffic to reach The San Francisco Psychiatric Asylum. Despite every delay that appears to have conspired against Anna, she manages to reach the hospital before visiting hours have ended. The large sliding glass doors are open, and the hospital glows with a light and life that Anna is not used to regularly seeing.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There's still a fair amount of tension in Karl's voice as he replies to Rachel's comment, but the words themselves are measured, "Indeed. I'd rather not lose a useful asset though, so don't make it easy for her. Be a little extra wary tonight, difficult to follow and predict when on the move, and near trusted cohorts when not."

"Probably for the best if we all head to the prince's as soon as practical, safer there than anywhere else in the city, and we need to coordinate on a plan."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Henry shakes his head at Anna's response, a satisfied grin on his face. "Anna dear," he says with mock-paternal scolding, "you are going to have to find time to slow down at some point. You won't live forever, and you don't want to spend all of your time working." Almost as if in spite, he slowly turns to go heat the kettle, taking his time to take his time to get the tea going.

(OOC: Because isn't that exactly what family would do)

Finally freeing herself from her Aunt and Uncle's house, Anna heads South East, struggling against growing traffic to reach The San Francisco Psychiatric Asylum. Despite every delay that appears to have conspired against Anna, she manages to reach the hospital before visiting hours have ended. The large sliding glass doors are open, and the hospital glows with a light and life that Anna is not used to regularly seeing.
    Anna said her goodbyes to her uncle and aunt, and then headed to the hospital. She first visited the restroom to get rid of the tea she'd drank, then affixed her badge as she entered the front door. She flashed it at the front desk and requested a list of comatose patients whose visitors had already departed; with visiting hours not yet over, she didn't want to chance being interrupted. She then made to 'check' on the patients in their rooms.

Spoiler
    Show
    presence + persuasion? +2 [/rollv]8d10[/rollv] edit: 3 successes in ooc, can I treat this as 1 bp from 3 different patients?
    10 again: (8d10)[5][9][4][1][8][4][5][9](45)

Anna locked the door behind her and picked up the wrist of the unresponsive kine, drained it of some blood, then moved on to the next, until she was nearly sated for the first time in a week. Once done, she continued visiting the others on the list, to reduce any suspicion, then texted the others of the group.

Has anyone looked into the car rented for the attacks? It's probably our best bet. Heading to Tony's now if you want to meet me there.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-11-28 at 01:46 AM.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel nods. 'Perhaps I'll leave the car behind tonight then. Other then that, imagine trusting anyone.' Rachel sounds like she wasn't being entirely serious.

'I'll come find you at the Prince's as soon as I'm finished.' If there was nothing else Rachel will head to her car.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rachel and Karl part ways, with Karl heading directly to D'Agostino's haven, while Rachel leaves to prepare for her date. As they depart there is a far bang; perhaps the sound of a single firearm discharging, or maybe just a car running over some refuse several blocks away. Though San Francisco was not in the middle of a revolution like in its sister city down South, there was something electric in the air. The skin pricked with the warning of possible violence, the air tasted of metallic ozone and blood.

Karl and Gabe arrive shortly at D'Agostino's, roughing the evening traffic as they head back to the neighborhood of their own haven. Just like the night before, they are greeted by a pair of guards in matching suits, though it is two different ghouls than last night. After a quick ID check, they are escourted onto the premises of the compound, parking by the lavish house's front door. Rather than a ghoul in a tailcoat, the pair are greeted at the door by Tony D'Agostino himself. Lit from behind, it is hard to see the face of the Prince's childe, though his silhouette appears hunched, his muscles tensed. "Come in, come in," he says hurriedly as the two get out of their car. Tony ushers the two inside, closing the door behind them. Not even waiting to walk into the living room, he says, "Well, what have you found out so far?"

It was still several hours before Rachel's date with Patrick, which she had arranged for at a local hotel bar at midnight. It would not take too long to get to the hotel. Where is Rachel off to next?

Anna said her goodbyes to her uncle and aunt, and then headed to the hospital. She first visited the restroom to get rid of the tea she'd drank, then affixed her badge as she entered the front door. She flashed it at the front desk and requested a list of comatose patients whose visitors had already departed; with visiting hours not yet over, she didn't want to chance being interrupted. She then made to 'check' on the patients in their rooms.
    (OOC: There is no way an entrance security guard would know that, and assume Anna would know that. Regardless she gets 3 successes. Also, if a patient is comatose, they would have to be at a medical rather than a psychiatric hospital.)

Rachel flashes her ID at the security officer, sitting sleepily at the entrance. He gives her a polite nod and a smile, and returns his attention to his phone. She had wandered the halls of the hospital enough, though normally "after hours". Still, there were few kine roaming the hospital that Anna passed on her way to the top floor, where the higher security inpatient units were held. Staying hidden from the nurses at the nurses station, she enters the unit where she is relieved to hear the sound of a man snoring deeply down one of he halls.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    3 successes in ooc, can I treat this as 1 bp from 3 different patients?
    Per pg 96, it is a -2 modifier per additional target if you hope to feed from multiple targets in the same roll/attempt. Spreading this out over three targets would thus be a -4 modifier, dropping Anna's roll to two successes. Up to you.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel and Karl part ways, with Karl heading directly to D'Agostino's haven, while Rachel leaves to prepare for her date. As they depart there is a far bang; perhaps the sound of a single firearm discharging, or maybe just a car running over some refuse several blocks away. Though San Francisco was not in the middle of a revolution like in its sister city down South, there was something electric in the air. The skin pricked with the warning of possible violence, the air tasted of metallic ozone and blood.

Karl and Gabe arrive shortly at D'Agostino's, roughing the evening traffic as they head back to the neighborhood of their own haven. Just like the night before, they are greeted by a pair of guards in matching suits, though it is two different ghouls than last night. After a quick ID check, they are escourted onto the premises of the compound, parking by the lavish house's front door. Rather than a ghoul in a tailcoat, the pair are greeted at the door by Tony D'Agostino himself. Lit from behind, it is hard to see the face of the Prince's childe, though his silhouette appears hunched, his muscles tensed. "Come in, come in," he says hurriedly as the two get out of their car. Tony ushers the two inside, closing the door behind them. Not even waiting to walk into the living room, he says, "Well, what have you found out so far?"

It was still several hours before Rachel's date with Patrick, which she had arranged for at a local hotel bar at midnight. It would not take too long to get to the hotel. Where is Rachel off to next?

(OOC: There is no way an entrance security guard would know that, and assume Anna would know that. Regardless she gets 3 successes. Also, if a patient is comatose, they would have to be at a medical rather than a psychiatric hospital.)

Rachel flashes her ID at the security officer, sitting sleepily at the entrance. He gives her a polite nod and a smile, and returns his attention to his phone. She had wandered the halls of the hospital enough, though normally "after hours". Still, there were few kine roaming the hospital that Anna passed on her way to the top floor, where the higher security inpatient units were held. Staying hidden from the nurses at the nurses station, she enters the unit where she is relieved to hear the sound of a man snoring deeply down one of he halls.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Per pg 96, it is a -2 modifier per additional target if you hope to feed from multiple targets in the same roll/attempt. Spreading this out over three targets would thus be a -4 modifier, dropping Anna's roll to two successes. Up to you.
    Anna slipped into the sleeping man's room, locked the door, and took a quick from his wrist. Usually the patients were so out of it they didn't wake up, and this guy was no different. She repeated the process with two more before she felt like she might be pressing her luck.

"I need to get a blood bank up and running," she thought. The ability to easily and safely drink would save so much time, and lower the risk of Masquerade breaches.

She left the hospital and headed over to Tony's to find out the story about Saul, and catch up with the others, assuming they were there.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Having spent the day at Anna and Karl's, Rachel is obliged to go back to her own Haven first in order to clean up. While she's there she'll call Sophie. Whatever else the other Ventrue was, Rachel thought it unlikely that she'd have anything to do with Nova.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl wastes little time in filling the prince in with a recounting of the things observed by the coterie since the last update, "My instincts are telling me that Nova is going to be making some sort of move against us tonight. She has a limited window of opportunity to scrub or confuse the evidence we have, and even she cannot operate if the whole city turns against her. I advised the others to take precautions, and they should be here shortly."

"I think a lot can change though depending on what they were planning with Fort, I hope our guest has been cooperative?"