New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Beast or not, Rachel has no problem listening to her own impulses. She'll give the name of a hotel with an open bar in the city centre. It was a place that she had used before on the few occasions that she had had to deal with a mortal that knew what she was. They could meet around midnight tomorrow evening.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl shrugs and says, "Do you think they will follow?" though the two had been together long enough to know he was saying, "I trust you on this." He pauses before adding, "Do you want us to hide, or use Obfuscate so that they don't see you're with a group?"

"Oh, that late," Patrick asks, his voice filled with surprise and discomfort. "I... yeah, that will be fine," he says, though it is clear that he would probably prefer an earlier time, "I guess I will see you then."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Karl shrugs and says, "Do you think they will follow?" though the two had been together long enough to know he was saying, "I trust you on this." He pauses before adding, "Do you want us to hide, or use Obfuscate so that they don't see you're with a group?"

"Oh, that late," Patrick asks, his voice filled with surprise and discomfort. "I... yeah, that will be fine," he says, though it is clear that he would probably prefer an earlier time, "I guess I will see you then."
    Anna Wu

"No, I don't think that will be necessary. Just hang out at the end of the halls and you can back me up if the shooting starts,"
    She turned to Victor.
    "Do you want to wait here or come with?" she asked.

Whether Victor comes or not, Anna will move towards the nearest door the ghouls were behind. She set her phone to record and took a deep, unnecessary breath. Her senses on alert to get her out of there if someone shot at her or a bomb went off or something, Anna walked the length of the hallway and knocked loudly on the door (from the side, so she isn't in the way of anyone shooting through the door.
    "It's the Prince's Hounds, and consultants. We're conducting interviews regarding a possible Masquerade breach," she said loudly, "open the door and send someone out to talk."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-03 at 02:07 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

'Not keeping you from work am I?' Rachel asked in curiousity. 'Perhaps I should find a way to make it up to you.'

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Victor shrugs, a split second before the smug grin returns to his face. "I'll come with you," he says, "I can always use you as a bullet shield if I need it." He follows Anna to the door, while the others move back. As the two approach, Anna can smell stale alcohol and smoke. But not tobacco, or wood smoke; it's some sort of drug smoke that Anna can't place.

After Anna knocks and declares herself, there is the sound of alarmed mumbling and people bumbling around the door. Several people curse under their breath, not quiet enough for Anna not to hear. After several long seconds of no reply, someone finally calls back from the other side of the door. The man is trying to sound surprised, but it might be the worst lie Anna has ever heard, "Prince's Hound? Sorry man, but I don't know what you're talking about." Another pause before the man adds, "Uh, we don't know who you are, but we aren't letting you in!"

At Anna's side, Victor's smug grin only widens.

Patrick chuckles on the other end, "Oh no... it's just late. I uh, try as I might I can't always keep... your hours, if you know what I mean." Another awkward chuckle, "But yeah, I'm sure you can find a way to make it up to me."

Nearby, Mother Blackstar stares with a scowl on her face, showing her lack of amusement. Under her breath she whispers, "I wish I didn't have to listen to this."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Victor shrugs, a split second before the smug grin returns to his face. "I'll come with you," he says, "I can always use you as a bullet shield if I need it." He follows Anna to the door, while the others move back. As the two approach, Anna can smell stale alcohol and smoke. But not tobacco, or wood smoke; it's some sort of drug smoke that Anna can't place.

After Anna knocks and declares herself, there is the sound of alarmed mumbling and people bumbling around the door. Several people curse under their breath, not quiet enough for Anna not to hear. After several long seconds of no reply, someone finally calls back from the other side of the door. The man is trying to sound surprised, but it might be the worst lie Anna has ever heard, "Prince's Hound? Sorry man, but I don't know what you're talking about." Another pause before the man adds, "Uh, we don't know who you are, but we aren't letting you in!"

At Anna's side, Victor's smug grin only widens.

Patrick chuckles on the other end, "Oh no... it's just late. I uh, try as I might I can't always keep... your hours, if you know what I mean." Another awkward chuckle, "But yeah, I'm sure you can find a way to make it up to me."

Nearby, Mother Blackstar stares with a scowl on her face, showing her lack of amusement. Under her breath she whispers, "I wish I didn't have to listen to this."
    Anna Wu

Anna smirks at Victor as the ghouls respond, then she looks back at the door.

"Okay. You have five seconds to open the door, and then I'm calling the police to tell them people are being held hostage in your rooms," she said, "If I have to do that, it's going to annoy me.
    Plus, they're definitely going to be interested in your weapons and whatever the hell you're smoking. So, pretty please, nominate someone with a pair of balls and send them out to chat with us, because I don't have all night."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-10 at 03:42 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

'Until tomorrow then.' Rachel hangs up.

To Blackstar with a shrug, 'It's just easier.'

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is the sound of more rustling behind the motel door, and then a pair of men arguing in Spanish, their discourse growing louder and more pressured. When the two men fall silent, there is the sound of footfalls growing closer. The door pulls open about twenty degrees before the chain lock goes tight. The smells from inside come out to hit Anna and Victor in the face.

A man with ruddy face, and red eyes, wearing a threadbare tank and a pair of baggy jeans can be seen through the crack. He knows better than to stare Anna or Victor in the eyes. His face is hard almost unaffected, but Anna can hear the racing of his heart, can smell the stench of fear in his sweat. He says, "Yo, what do you want. We ain't involved in your Masquerade ****, and don't have much to tell you." Behind the door, he shuffles after the statement, doing his best to keep his stare locked on Anna's right shoulder.

Mother Blackstar shrugs at this, but doesn't disagree. Instead she says flatly, "Well at least that is taken care of. Tomorrow night then." The woman talking to Rachel now is very far from the friendly woman who had greeted her at before the phone call, and the contrast is stark. This was an ancient and alien thing, like many of the other Elder vampires that Rachel had met. This was a dispassionate, calculating corpse that had survived by being smarter, and more ruthless than her enemies.

Mother Blackstar stares at Rachel, dead eyes studying her. Then a flip switches, and the affectation of mortal warmth returns. "Well, I am so glad we could move this forward," she says with a smile, "you don't know what it would mean for us, if OUR Covenant can make contact with those of the Weird. I think it would offer us the chance to grasp powers unknown."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel is interested enough to regard the elder vampire back for a moment but knows better then to hold her gaze for any longer then that. Blackstar was likely older then her Sire who had been the oldest vampire she had met before coming to America. She won't let any momentary fear show on her face though. If Blackstar wanted to kill her she would have done it already. In theory she was useful.

'Trust me. I am as interested to see what the Circle can get out of this as you are. I am happy to help.'

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna stood still as a statue with one hand resting on the hilt of her sword as she replied.
    "Relax, it's not you we're after," Anna said, "we need to know who put you up to the firebombing of the church, and the driveby at the 1906 hotel. You're not in any trouble for either of them."

She paused.

"I mean.. unless you just decided to do it on your own, then you might have an issue with the Spear," she said.

Anna stared with dead eyes... she absolutely hated gangers, but she needed information from them and she didn't want to make a mess in front of the others... it would be unprofessional.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-15 at 11:07 AM.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mother Blackstar nods her head at Rachel's response. Her eyes roam up and down her face, clearly trying to judge the earnestness of her response. "Good," she says, nodding again, adding "I know". The Primogen turns from Rachel then, walking over to one of the large, near floor-to-ceiling windows facing the street. She pulls back a lacy white curtain to look out on the sky above. Without looking back she says, "Well we will take care of it tomorrow then. Now, I have... things to get to, and I'm sure you do too. What time shall we meet tomorrow."

Anna's words cause the man's eyes to go wide, his mouth going wide in an O. There is a long pause, and he seems to be struggling to find the ability to speak. Finally he manages to mumble, "Uh... I... uh, don't know what you are talking about." There are footsteps from deeper in the room, then the door suddenly slams shut. A moment later there is the sound of the lock catching.

A different man's voice calls out, "Go *&#* yourself!" Then there are some muffled curses that are harder to make out.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Mother Blackstar nods her head at Rachel's response. Her eyes roam up and down her face, clearly trying to judge the earnestness of her response. "Good," she says, nodding again, adding "I know". The Primogen turns from Rachel then, walking over to one of the large, near floor-to-ceiling windows facing the street. She pulls back a lacy white curtain to look out on the sky above. Without looking back she says, "Well we will take care of it tomorrow then. Now, I have... things to get to, and I'm sure you do too. What time shall we meet tomorrow."

Anna's words cause the man's eyes to go wide, his mouth going wide in an O. There is a long pause, and he seems to be struggling to find the ability to speak. Finally he manages to mumble, "Uh... I... uh, don't know what you are talking about." There are footsteps from deeper in the room, then the door suddenly slams shut. A moment later there is the sound of the lock catching.

A different man's voice calls out, "Go *&#* yourself!" Then there are some muffled curses that are harder to make out.
    Anna rolled her eyes. She looked back to Karl and shook her head.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-18 at 12:46 AM.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel is absolutely serious about her willingness to help Blackstar on this matter. She'll get up ready to leave. 'Two o'clock should do it.'

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna turned off her phone's recorder.

"Head downstairs, see if you can pick one up one or two them in the parking lot, for questioning," Anna whispered to Victor. flipped off the safety of her assault rifle and gave Victor enough of a head start.

"Last chance boys, you can throw down your weapons and come out with your hands up at any time," Anna said loudly.

She paused for another two seconds, not long enough for them to respond.

"Alright, cover the hallways, don't let them escape," Anna said loudly, then she unloaded through the flimsy door, and immediately moved to one side to cover the hallway if they decided to rush out, and also avoid any return fire. Her goal was to drive them out the window, not kill them all, though if she hit one or two she wouldn't mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    medium burst +2, dex +3, firearms +1, -4 cover / concealment etc: (2d10)[5][6](11)
    10 again: (2d10)[10][8](18)
    initiative: (1d10+6)[10]
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rachel's suggestion brings a grin to Mother Blackstar's face. "And you meet him at midnight? My, you do like to play with your food," she says, her voice implying a playful tease, as she raises an eyebrow. "Very well," she says before Rachel can defend herself and adds, "And where shall I meet you then?"

Victor gives Anna a questioning glance before finally saying, "You sure?" Assuming this expression of concern does not change Anna's mind, he will nod, then head back to the nearest stairwell to follow her orders.

As Victor departs, Anna can still hear the men rushing around from the other side of the door until she speaks.

Last chance boys, you can throw down your weapons and come out with your hands up at any time," Anna said loudly.

She paused for another two seconds, not long enough for them to respond.

"Alright, cover the hallways, don't let them escape," Anna said loudly, then she unloaded through the flimsy door, and immediately moved to one side to cover the hallway if they decided to rush out, and also avoid any return fire. Her goal was to drive them out the window, not kill them all, though if she hit one or two she wouldn't mind.
    As Anna begins to level her rifle a the door, she can here Gabe from down the walkway mutter "Oh ****!" before the sound of automatic rifle fire drowns out all other sound. The close range assault shreds the door, sending chunks and splinters and clouds of sawdust into the air.

(OOC: I guess we are starting combat... see my rolls in OOC thread. Anna's first roll got no successes.)

Anna rolls to the side of the door, and there is a split second of deafening silence, before the air is split by the thunder of return fire. Even protected by the wall, buckshot and solid rounds from inside easily tear through the flimsy walls of the motel's siding. However, Anna's blood powers allow her reflexes impossible to mortals and she is able to keep moving every time the wall explodes into woodchips and splinters.

(OOC: Celerity saves Anna from taking any damage here)

Though Karl is on the wrong side of the right angle to be able to help (though Anna has been forced to move closer to him to get away from the shots exiting the door and doorway of the motel room), Gabe had taken point along the opposite walkway. He draws a pistol and begins marching closer before he starts firing. Though Anna can't see inside, she thinks she hears someone scream in pain from inside, and the smell of blood mixes with the acrid smell of gunpowder in the air.

(OOC: Will start at the top of the round again)
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

'Oh I'm sure it won't take that long. No need to rush though. I assumed I'd be meeting you here. If you have other business to attend to tomorrow then I can come and meet you.'

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna waits for the return fire to pause and then pivots into view of the motel room again, ready to lay into the ghouls with the assault rifle, now that the door is perforated enough to let her see what she is shooting at.
    She unleashed a torrent of bullets into the room, gunning down the gangers trapped inside.

"Shoulda talked," she said loudly, "if you throw down your weapons and cooperate, we might let you live, which is more than you deserve after insulting me."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-25 at 09:12 AM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mother Blackstar's lips purse slightly, and if she needed to breath, Rachel could imagine she would have sighed (some neonates would have sighed out of habit anyways). She replies, "Why don't we meet at Tommy's Elysium? I will probably be busier earlier in the night, and that will be closer."

For a moment before she squeezes the trigger, Anna can see a dingy motel room, lit in orange by overhead lights. Two twin beds lay next to each other across the room, and she counts four Ghouls; three crouched behind the farthest bed, and one standing with a shotgun in the doorframe at the end of the room, supposedly leading to the bathroom. With surreal clarity, Anna can see feathers and motes of dust floating angelically; can see the angered and scared faces of the Ghouls, can see the half eaten Chinese food sitting on paper plates on a low table nearby.

Then Anna's finger squeezes down on the trigger, and the assault rifle kicks into her shoulder with rhythmic bursts of mechanical explosion. Bullets tear across the room, kicking up more feathers from the two beds as the rifle-fire fills the room with light and noise and fire.

Over the sound of gunfire are the screams of the Ghouls. The man with the shotgun goes flying backwards into the bathroom, knocked off his feet by a string of direct fire. The bullets that rip apart the beds also arc across the crouched men seeking the poor shelter. Though Anna can barely hear their screams of pain, she can smell their blood cutting across the ripe smell of man sweat and the acrid stench of gunpowder. The Beast inside is pleased.

(OOC: Anna is down to 3/6 WP. I'm being nice with how I use the 10 again rows. First Ghoul takes 5L. The second 6L. The third no hits. The fourth 6L)

The one man not hit raises a black pistol over the top of the bed and fires at Anna. The bullet would have pierced her shoulder, were it not for reflexes impossible to any mortal.

Then the door to Anna's right opens, and a man with a buzzcut and a handlebar mustache is standing there with a sawed off shotgun raised only a half foot from Anna's chest. He grins, showing yellow-brown teeth, before the shotgun roars to life. Metal spray fills Anna's chest with fire, cracking ribs and shredding vestigial lungs, and knocking her off her feet.

(OOC: One hit causing 4B. Anna is down.)

Gabe redirects his pistol fire and somehow draws a bead on the man with the shotgun. His bullet takes the man in his left shoulder, spinning him and the shotgun away from Anna.

(OOC: 5L damage).

With Anna down, Karl now has a line of sight on the man with the shotgun. His bullet takes the man in the back as he finishes his spin, dropping the man down dead.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Having expected some kind of counter attack, Anna’s form blurs as her blood activates to defend her. In an instant, she crosses the space between herself and the uninjured gang member in the first room, fangs fully extended as the spilled blood nearly drives her to frenzy.

Spoiler
    Show
    unless I'm mistaken it should be Anna's turn to move now?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-26 at 01:01 AM.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Mother Blackstar's lips purse slightly, and if she needed to breath, Rachel could imagine she would have sighed (some neonates would have sighed out of habit anyways). She replies, "Why don't we meet at Tommy's Elysium? I will probably be busier earlier in the night, and that will be closer."
    Rachel knows better then to acknowledge the Elder's reaction. 'Let me know if I can help with anything, but otherwise until tomorrow then.'

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rewind

The one man not hit raises a black pistol over the top of the bed and fires at Anna. The bullet would have pierced her shoulder, were it not for reflexes impossible to any mortal.

Then the door to Anna's right opens, and a man with a buzzcut and a handlebar mustache is standing there with a sawed off shotgun raised only a half foot from Anna's chest...

But before he can pull the trigger, Anna is moving. Her form blurs as she speeds through the shattered door. As she moves, Anna hears the man with the shotgun mutter, "Holy ****!"

(OOC: Anna uses a BP and is down to 6/10)

The man with the shotgun instead turns his aim on Karl, who is moving towards him down the hall. The shotgun roars to life, and a spray of metal crashes across Karl's chest.

(OOC: Karl takes 4B. He isn't knocked down.)

Gabe redirects his pistol fire and somehow draws a bead on the man with the shotgun. His bullet takes the man in his left shoulder, spinning him and the shotgun away from Anna.

(OOC: 5L damage).

With Anna moved into the first room, Karl now has a line of sight on the man with the shotgun. His bullet takes the man in the back as he finishes his spin, dropping the man down dead.

(OOC: Karl spends a vitae as well and heals 2B)

It is back to Anna

Mother Blackstar offers a cold smile and replies, "See you tomorrow. Have a good night Rachel." The Primogen starts to turn from Rachel. "Graham will see you out," she says over her shoulder.

Within a moment, the man servant is back in the parlor. "Follow me," he says, cheerily leading Rachel to the door. Moments later, Rachel finds herself standing on the doorstep outside Blackstar's Haven.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Now next to the last remaining gunman in the room, Anna wants desperately to attack his neck, to cause the warm gush she knows runs through his veins, but she pushes the urge down for the moment and fires a few bullets instead, to soften him up.

Spoiler
    Show
    short burst: (5d10)[9][9][9][7][2](36)
    10 again:(5d10)[2][2][4][8][7](23)
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-01 at 10:54 PM.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

'Thank you Mother.' Rachel will retrieve her coat and make herself scarce.

On the way to her car she'll send a message to Anna and Karl, 'My business is over for the moment. I assume whatever you found is either done with for the night or you've had more trouble then you were expecting. Let me know if you need me.'

Rachel will go looking for a meal while she waits for a reply.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

At point blank, the Ghoul near Anna has no chance. A hail of bullets tears the man apart, sending him sprawling back off of his knees and into the corner of the room. The smell of his spilled blood fills the room, flooding Anna's mouth and nose. When the sound of Anna's gunfire stops, she can hear the man moaning.

(OOC: Anna does 6L, leaving the Ghoul almost dead)

More gunfire from outside, though now inside the room it is harder for Anna to hear

(OOC: Anna doesn't see this but since she is the only PC I'm not describing the combat outside. Gabe gets a single hit for 3L.

Gabe gets winged for 3B

Karl also gets a hit as well for 3L

Now back to Anna)

Rachel sends Karl and Anna the pulse message. (OOC: I suspect time enough would have passed for combat to have finished by the time they get this message from Rachel. Let's hold off on the feeding scene to see how everyone wants to handle this)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-05-13 at 04:51 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna gives in to her hunger and attacks the nearest downed gang member, sucking blood from his limb and licking the wound closed when she'd drank her fill.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anna takes 3 bp.

"Whoever surrenders first gets to live!" she said loudly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are there any clips in the room which will fit her assault rifle?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-08 at 09:03 AM.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna hastily rushes across the room, her lips pulled back to reveal her long canines, her eyes filled with hunger. Gunfire continues outside as she grabs hold of the moaning ghoul, whose blood is already gathering in a puddle around his body. Anna drops to all fours to grab hold of the downed man. The smell of his blood, and his sweat, and his cheap body spray, and his fear all fills Anna's nostrils, as he struggles weakly to keep this monster off of him, to keep it from feeding. But when Anna's fangs pierce the man's flesh, he cries out once and goes immediately limp, his heart stopping within an instant.

(OOC: So as we are in combat this is by definition a violent feed. The man has not been seduced and is not giving his blood willingly. Per page 94, this means Anna's bite automatically causes lethal damage, killing him outright, though he should still have plenty of blood to feed on. Technically Anna should need to roll a contested grapple, with the number of successes partly determining how much blood she can take in a term, which I am not calling for. This is because he is downed, and has almost all health boxes full. However, Anna can only take as much blood per turn as her Blood potency. I cannot for the life of me find where you have BP marked on Anna's character sheet, but I'm pretty sure it is not 3? Let me know and I will give Anna the correct vitae points)

When Anna rises, the Beast is still unsatisfied. The sound of gunfire forces her to pull away from her meal, even though she is still so hungry... endlessly hungry. She quickly scans the room, but as all the ghouls only had handguns, she can't find anything suitable, though she could easily pick up a nearby pistol.

Anna's is interrupted as a screaming fat man, a ghoul, in a sweat drenched yellow button down shirt and khaki shorts steps into the motel room. His curses are incomprehensible in an adrenaline and rage filled Spanish. In one hand he is firing a revolver at Anna, and with the other he holds a silver crucified Jesus off a dinky silver chain.

Anna's Vampiric powers of celerity allow her to move out of the way as he fires at close range.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna, furious at being interrupted, ducked to the side to avoid the ghoul's pistol fire and brought her rifle to bear.
    Spoiler
    Show
    short burst: (5d10)[8][9][5][1][4](27)
    10 again: (5d10)[9][10][7][2][1](29)
    that's 36 bullets used, she has 7 left.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-15 at 02:46 AM.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: As per the OOC thread. I count Anna as having 17 bullets. Tell me if I missed an extra medium burst or something somewhere)

The assault rifle barks in short but rapid burst. The ghoul's chest writhes with repeated impact filling the air with more blood-smell. He stumbles, backwards falling over in the doorway and losing his gun. Anna's predator awareness immediately picks up on the wet and wheezing sounds of his breath, and the racing of his heart, registering that he was near mortally wounded. He moans as blood begins to leak from his chest into a puddle around his body.

(OOC: Anna deals 5L)

There is more gunfire from outside, though within just a few seconds this dies away. Another moment later Gabe's voice far off from outside, "We're clear." Then closer by, Karl's voice, "We should get moving and fast. Anna, you alright?"

As they call, the badly wounded Ghoul begins to turn over onto all fours, moaning with pain, he begins to struggle out onto the walkway.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: As per the OOC thread. I count Anna as having 17 bullets. Tell me if I missed an extra medium burst or something somewhere)

The assault rifle barks in short but rapid burst. The ghoul's chest writhes with repeated impact filling the air with more blood-smell. He stumbles, backwards falling over in the doorway and losing his gun. Anna's predator awareness immediately picks up on the wet and wheezing sounds of his breath, and the racing of his heart, registering that he was near mortally wounded. He moans as blood begins to leak from his chest into a puddle around his body.

(OOC: Anna deals 5L)

There is more gunfire from outside, though within just a few seconds this dies away. Another moment later Gabe's voice far off from outside, "We're clear." Then closer by, Karl's voice, "We should get moving and fast. Anna, you alright?"

As they call, the badly wounded Ghoul begins to turn over onto all fours, moaning with pain, he begins to struggle out onto the walkway.
    "I'm okay," Anna said as she kicked the wounded ghoul's weapon away and cuffed him, "I got one for questioning, probably."
    "Cooperate if you want to live," Anna whispered in the ghoul's ear, "nod if you understand."

Anna quickly dips her finger in some blood and scrawls MS-13 on the wall, in an attempt to make it look like gang warfare.
    As she sucked her finger clean, she scanned the room quickly to determine if any other ghouls were still alive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming all goes to plan, Anna intends to obfuscate the ghoul and move quickly as Karl suggested to get back to the Church to question him there, but whether she brings this ghoul or another depends on if any others are still alive, and whether Victor dominated any of them outside, but I don't think any escaped through the window.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-18 at 10:01 AM.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I'm okay," Anna said as she kicked the wounded ghoul's weapon away and cuffed him, "I got one for questioning, probably."
    "Good thinking," calls Karl. A moment later he appears in the frame of the doorway, looking in on the mess.

"Cooperate if you want to live," Anna whispered in the ghoul's ear, "nod if you understand."
    For a moment the man's face screws up with something like hatred. But with his life pouring out around him, the Ghoul quickly loses the strength, barely managing a whimper of a noise and nods his head in the affirmative.

Karl points at the crumpled up mortal and says, "You think he will make it?" but there is only the smallest modicum of concern in his voice.

Anna quickly dips her finger in some blood and scrawls MS-13 on the wall, in an attempt to make it look like gang warfare.
    As she sucked her finger clean, she scanned the room quickly to determine if any other ghouls were still alive.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I think this is just a genius idea and am giving Anna a beat for the creativity. This will be separate from any beats I give at the end of the scene. Added to her character box now 0 beats and 2XP. However, can I get a Wits/Int + Streetwise/Crafts roll to see how "authentic" Anna can make the tag?

I think for the sake of things, this Ghoul should be fine. Anna assumedly activates Cloak of the Nigh with Touch of Shadow. This will cost a vitae and this brings Anna down to 6, but I also need a Wits + Larceny + Obfuscate roll
    Show