New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    At the base of the stairs, both Karl and Anna pick up the distinct sound of metal on stone. It is a prolonged almost dull slapping noise, most commonly created when someone runs a blade across a whet stone.

Then someone says, "They aren't coming. Something must have gone wrong... we should leave now." The noise stops, as does the sound of pacing, but there is no immediate reply.
    Anna ascends the steps, looking to get eyes on the speakers.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna begins to ascend the stairs, moving slowly to avoid any creaking steps. She is fortunately not greeted by anyone descending the stairs, but about four steps up, a new voice speaks. It's a man's voice, confident and authoritative, "Very well. Get your things, and we'll get out of here."

"Where to?" snaps the voice from before, higher pitched and with just the touch of an accent.

The second man replies, "Across the bay, like before. Before things get heavy."

No one replies, but a few moments later are the sounds of footsteps across the floor and drawers being open.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl pauses with a foot on the bottom stair, then withdraws, setting up with Victor and Gabe near the bottom of the stairs. With any luck they'd come down one by one, with a wide enough gap to take them silently in turn. If not this was still almost an ideal ambush setup.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2023-08-26 at 05:03 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok then. Rachel will nod at Karl and will remain at the bottom of the stairs to see how this plays out.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Anna begins to ascend the stairs, moving slowly to avoid any creaking steps. She is fortunately not greeted by anyone descending the stairs, but about four steps up, a new voice speaks. It's a man's voice, confident and authoritative, "Very well. Get your things, and we'll get out of here."

"Where to?" snaps the voice from before, higher pitched and with just the touch of an accent.

The second man replies, "Across the bay, like before. Before things get heavy."

No one replies, but a few moments later are the sounds of footsteps across the floor and drawers being open.
    Hearing what she needs to, Anna creeps back downstairs and sends a note to the others: Ambush them at bottom of steps. Victor freeze the ghoul. I will make first attack.

She then drew her sword in the darkness.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-08-27 at 04:54 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The group all gather at the bottom of the stairs, Rachel staying farthest away as she was not benefiting from either Karl or Anna's gift of superior shadows. There is the continued sound of footfalls and preparation upstairs for only a few more tense minutes. Finally, the sound of footfalls announces the descent of the coterie's prey. First into view is a young man, laden with suitcases. The sound of his heartbeat, as sure as his footfalls, marks him as the ghoul. His shaved head reflects the low lighting like hardwood ebony, and his well muscled upper body is draped in a forest green army jacket. Compared to the ghoul, the two descending Kindred move with an almost unnatural quiet behind him, their forms still partly obfuscated by the shadows of the stairwell.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel is going to try not to give the game away before she absolutely has to, but if someone should notice her anyway it would only distract from the two Mekhet.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Anna tucked her phone away and waited near the bottom of the steps for the second Kindred to bring up the rear, blade ready to strike. She called upon her training and her blood to give her strength to try and strike down the enemy in what she hoped would be a devastating surprise attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack dex3 + weaponry3 +spec1 +WP3 +blood2 +all out attack2: (14d10)[1][7][9][1][7][9][4][1][1][5][6][8][1][4](64)
    9 again: (14d10)[6][8][1][5][1][7][4][7][2][6][8][8][1][5](69)
    4 successes + 2 damage for the jain, that's 6 lethal from kindred dueling.

Intend to spend a blood point to go first next round if that doesn't take him down, as Anna does not have initiative. Obfuscate stays up obviously.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-08-31 at 03:25 AM.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The second figure comes into view slowly, as if the shadows were sucked to the Kindred's form... though there appeared to be no use of Obfuscation. Anna steals herself to attack, drawing on all of her decades of training and all of her vampiric powers. But she is horrified as following the Ghoul, Reggie Fort Prince of Oakland comes down the stairs. The darkness parts to show his wise yet boyish face. A tight layer of black curls going grey frame his face, as a pair of wire rim rounded spectacles do his dark brown eyes. The Prince's face is like a mask, features as still as only an Elder Kindred's could be, and he moves down the stairs with an uncanny, almost animal quality, the scent of gunpowder and oiled wood following him down the stairs.

Behind him, Saul just starts to come into view, faded jeans over a pair of tapered brown Chelsea boots.

(OOC: Only pausing here for a second to let you decide on if you want to apply that 6 L to the Prince of Oakland. If so, feel TC to describe the blow. It won't be nearly enough to kill a Kindred, but should still be pretty darn meaningful. Also note that if Anna attacks Reggie, he will be able to see her. Furthermore, if he lashes out on his next turn, he can shatter her Obfuscate.)
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

The second figure comes into view slowly, as if the shadows were sucked to the Kindred's form... though there appeared to be no use of Obfuscation. Anna steals herself to attack, drawing on all of her decades of training and all of her vampiric powers. But she is horrified as following the Ghoul, Reggie Fort Prince of Oakland comes down the stairs. The darkness parts to show his wise yet boyish face. A tight layer of black curls going grey frame his face, as a pair of wire rim rounded spectacles do his dark brown eyes. The Prince's face is like a mask, features as still as only an Elder Kindred's could be, and he moves down the stairs with an uncanny, almost animal quality, the scent of gunpowder and oiled wood following him down the stairs.

Behind him, Saul just starts to come into view, faded jeans over a pair of tapered brown Chelsea boots.

(OOC: Only pausing here for a second to let you decide on if you want to apply that 6 L to the Prince of Oakland. If so, feel TC to describe the blow. It won't be nearly enough to kill a Kindred, but should still be pretty darn meaningful. Also note that if Anna attacks Reggie, he will be able to see her. Furthermore, if he lashes out on his next turn, he can shatter her Obfuscate.)
    Crap.

Upon recognizing the Prince of Oakland, Anna checks her attack, pulls out her phone, and sends the drafted message to Saul in order to cause them to pause and give her a few seconds.
    She then sends a message to Tony: Reggie Fort is at Saul’s haven, working directly with Saul. They are leaving for Oakland now, instructions?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-08-31 at 08:24 PM.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna hits send on her pre-recorded pulse message to Saul:

"Saul, this is Anna of the Prince's Hounds. We need you to come in for questioning. Please acknowledge."
    The Ghoul makes it to the bottom of the steps, still immediately unaware of the presence of the surrounding ambush, with The Prince of Oakland just a few steps behind him.

Saul pauses a few stairs higher, when his phone beeps. He retrieves the phone, looks at it for a moment (white electronic light casting long shadows over his face), then simply pockets the phone again. Before he starts to descend he says, "Let's get going."

(OOC: Now the Ghoul and The Prince are close enough to start spotting Rachel, who is not truly invisible. Her obfuscate helps her not stick out, but since she should not be in the house, I am going to ask that she rolls Wits + Stealth + Obfuscate, as a contested action against the Ghoul and The Prince's perception... unless someone is going to act first.)
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna decided she didn’t have time to wait, but in the few seconds she had as Saul checked his phone and ignored her message, she came up with a plan of action.

She swung her blade with all her strength at Saul.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Saul doesn’t go down, Anna will spend a bp on celerity to go first

She used some of the precious vitae she had left to fuel her motions, attacking Saul again before he could even register the first one.

Spoiler
    Show
    dex3 + Jain 4, + wp 3: (10d10)[9][2][7][3][6][1][7][10][9][9](63)
    9 again: (10d10)[4][1][10][9][10][9][9][7][2][1](62)

She dropped her obfuscate and her sword and held up a hand towards Reggie Fort.

“We almost certainly have a common enemy, Reggie Fort, Prince of Oakland,” Anna said, “it is no coincidence that the actions of Nova, Sheriff of San Francisco, led us, former Prince Gorman’s final foes, to be hidden in this house at this time, with you.”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-09-05 at 11:45 PM.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna decided she didn’t have time to wait, but in the few seconds she had as Saul checked his phone and ignored her message, she came up with a plan of action.

She swung her blade with all her strength at Saul.
    Reaching over the Prince of Oakland, Anna brings the blade down hard on Saul. Unsuspecting, Saul's head bounces to the side as the "invisible" jain dives into his neck scooping through tissue and almost taking his head off. The wound is practically bloodless, but goes through enough to sever his windpipe, stopping Saul from screaming out in surprise.

(OOC: Anna deals 6L to Saul. He is not unconscious. She spends a WP and a blood point for the attack. She can spend another blood point next turn to go first, but first the rest of the coterie gets to attack as part of the surprise round. As Victor had the highest Initiative, he will go first, then it will be Rachel's action. Anna is now down to 3BP and 2WP)

Victor knife in hand, makes a clumsy slash at the unsuspecting Ghoul. The blade makes an ugly cut across the man's face, and he drops the luggage he is carrying with a shriek of surprise.

(OOC: 1L applied to the ghoul. It is now Rachel's attack)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel has had enough experience of Obfuscate to know what she can get away with and so will duck behind the sofa as soon as the three descended the stairs. Anna's attack on Saul made all that irrelevant though.

If she can't catch the man's eye she'll go so far as to move forward to tap the man on the shoulder. 'Hi. Sit down.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Int 3 + Expression 3 + Dominate 2
    (8d10)[2][6][1][1][1][9][9][8](37)
    Any 10s
    (8d10)[9][6][3][4][6][6][2][5](41)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Popping from the shadows, Rachel steps in front of the stumbling ghoul, her eyes locking with his. In an instant, the man is under her control. For less than a second, there is a flash of defiance in the countence of the ghoul, but it vanishes replaced with a dead eyed stare as he slowly lowers himself to the floor.

But the moment he has seated, the man begins to spring to his feet.

(OOC: Assuming we are just using Mesmerize, Rachel applies the mesmerized condition to the ghoul. She hasn't instructed him to stay seated , so in his next turn he is going to pop right back up, though theoretically Rachel can speak up before his turn.)

Before Reggie Fort can respond, Gabe is on The Prince, sawn off shotgun drawn and leveled just inches from his temple. At least the neonate was smart enough to follow Anna's lead.

The Prince of Oakland's lips pull back in a scowl at being cornered. He turns his dark gaze up to the ceiling and slowly raises both hands in submission, while Saul fumbles and stumbles over the stairs behind him. "Very well," The Prince says, refusing to turn his gaze down. His voice is low, almost quiet, and empty of fear. He says, "You have me captive. Speak your piece. Hounds of Prince D'Agostino, am I correct." Lazily, his gaze drifts down to the writhing Saul, but he still refuses to make eye contact with any of his captors.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl moves up over to Saul in a swift motion, appearing out of the shadows with stake in hand, striking down at the badly wounded kindred.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    str+weaponry+WP-1(5d10)[4][8][8][1][2](23)
    ten again (5d10)[4][10][1][6][4](25)
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel is focused on dealing with the Ghoul. She'll rest the edge of her carving knife against the man's neck and tell him, 'I said sitdown. And don't make me have to work for it.' She's close enough that the man could see her fangs. She wanted him to think about how easy it would be for her to lean forward and bite him.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I'll give him a more substantial command if neccessary, but first here's an Intimidate test.

Presence 3 + Intimidation 1
    (4d10)[9][6][2][10](27)
    Any 10s
    (4d10)[3][5][5][7](20)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Seeing that Saul was still moving, Anna drove her sword into his gut to send him into torpor.

She left her weapon in the downed Kindred and held her empty hand up to Reggie. With her other hand, she started audio recording.

“Good evening Reggie Fort, Prince of Oakland,” she said as she glanced to Gabe, “Yes, I am Anna, of D’Agnostino’s hounds. I believe we may have a common enemy, as it was through the actions of Nova that we found ourselves hidden in this house, with you. May I ask why you are here?”

Anna figured he was an elder. He would try to turn the situation to his advantage. If he threw Nova under the bus here, d’agnostino would almost certainly call for her execution. What’s one Carthian in a neighboring territory to avoid a costly war?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-09-06 at 12:12 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl drives the stake down into Saul's chest, even as his near-headless body fumbles about on the floor. There is a deep wheeze and the sound of cracking ribs. A shock runs up Karl's arm as the metal tipped stake halts about four inches deep in the Kindred's chest wall. But even so, Saul's arms grasp blindly up at Karl, fumbling to drive him back and remove the penetrating weapon.

(OOC: Karl does 2 bashing. Not enough to drive Saul into torpor).

Saul pull's one hand up to his flopping head, and grabs a fist full of thinning hair. With a twist, the vampire rights the position of his head over his neck, to look up at Karl. He opens his mouth to speak, but with an unattached windpipe, nothing comes out as he mouths furiously. The Carthian begins to struggle to his feet, using the other hand for balance. But Anna moves from the Prince, her sword singing in a blur as she plunges the jain into Saul's belly. Saul crumples into a ball, folding in a rigid, mechanical manner.

(OOC: Anna activates celerity to act first, and manages a hit. She does not waste WP here. She drops him into torpor and she is now down to 2/10 vitae)

She left her weapon in the downed Kindred and held her empty hand up to Reggie. With her other hand, she started audio recording.

“Good evening Reggie Fort, Prince of Oakland,” she said as she glanced to Gabe, “Yes, I am Anna, of D’Agnostino’s hounds. I believe we may have a common enemy, as it was through the actions of Nova that we found ourselves hidden in this house, with you. May I ask why you are here?”

Anna figured he was an elder. He would try to turn the situation to his advantage. If he threw Nova under the bus here, d’agnostino would almost certainly call for her execution. What’s one Carthian in a neighboring territory to avoid a costly war?
    The Prince makes no sudden actions, even with Anna "disarmed". He keeps his eyes averted, a smug sneer curled on his lips. "If you are D'Agostnino's hounds, doesn't that make you the Sherriff's hounds as well?" He asks coolly, keeping his hands held up as if in submission. Fort casts his gaze down on the the now torpid Saul, folded rigid in a bug-like fetal position. With a casual shrug he adds, "And I think that since you have broken into this man's Haven, I should ask you, why you are here."

Nearby, Rachel pulls her knife on the Ghoul, who's gaze is fixated on The Prince of Oakland. The man's eyes are wide with fear, and seeing their defeat, ceases his attempt to rise.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

The Prince makes no sudden actions, even with Anna "disarmed". He keeps his eyes averted, a smug sneer curled on his lips. "If you are D'Agostnino's hounds, doesn't that make you the Sherriff's hounds as well?" He asks coolly, keeping his hands held up as if in submission. Fort casts his gaze down on the the now torpid Saul, folded rigid in a bug-like fetal position. With a casual shrug he adds, "And I think that since you have broken into this man's Haven, I should ask you, why you are here."

Nearby, Rachel pulls her knife on the Ghoul, who's gaze is fixated on The Prince of Oakland. The man's eyes are wide with fear, and seeing their defeat, ceases his attempt to rise.
    Rachel considers herself as at best a contractor until D'Agostnino returned and decided to make this official, but for now she'll only watch Fort and let the others deal with him.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Karl drives the stake down into Saul's chest, even as his near-headless body fumbles about on the floor. There is a deep wheeze and the sound of cracking ribs. A shock runs up Karl's arm as the metal tipped stake halts about four inches deep in the Kindred's chest wall. But even so, Saul's arms grasp blindly up at Karl, fumbling to drive him back and remove the penetrating weapon.

(OOC: Karl does 2 bashing. Not enough to drive Saul into torpor).

Saul pull's one hand up to his flopping head, and grabs a fist full of thinning hair. With a twist, the vampire rights the position of his head over his neck, to look up at Karl. He opens his mouth to speak, but with an unattached windpipe, nothing comes out as he mouths furiously. The Carthian begins to struggle to his feet, using the other hand for balance. But Anna moves from the Prince, her sword singing in a blur as she plunges the jain into Saul's belly. Saul crumples into a ball, folding in a rigid, mechanical manner.

(OOC: Anna activates celerity to act first, and manages a hit. She does not waste WP here. She drops him into torpor and she is now down to 2/10 vitae)

Anna could hear the ghoul's heart thumping, but the Prince of Oakland was standing in front of her, and she forced herself to hold off a few more moments, just until she could diffuse the situation.

"It's complicated," Anna replied, "We're investigating a possible Masquerade breach and bringing everyone in who was involved."
    She gestured to the torpid Saul.

"He's a flight risk so we came here to ensure he comes in for questioning. He could have come peacefully, but he ignored my Pulse message and chose to try and flee, which is why he's curled up on the ground right now..." Anna said, "...which leads us to you. Someone like me shouldn't be standing in front of someone like you, in San Francisco of all places. The fact that you're here and not in New Orleans, and we just happened to end up in the same place together, makes me wonder if Nova and her ghouls aren't waiting outside with a half-dozen grenade launchers, hoping we'll fight it out and she can finish off whoever survives. What are you doing here, Mr. Fort? Who invited you away from Oakland?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-09-08 at 09:43 AM.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Prince's face remains completely impassive as Anna speaks, betraying nothing. Still smirking he says, "You are right. Someone like you, should NOT be standing in front of me," and there is something about how he says 'you' that implies significant disdain. His gaze drifts over to the torpid body of Saul, still sneering. Fort sighs, taking in a deep and unnecessary breath before slowly letting it out. "Forgive me for not attending funeral for The Queen of the Damned... I was never a fan of her and her... monarchy." He casts his gaze up again, fixing his eyes on some distant corner of the ceiling. "So," he says with a chuckle, "do you think the Sheriff is here right now? Did she order you to come here?" The question is asked with an air of pure mocking, bordering on sarcasm. Not waiting for a reply, The Prince of Oakland says, "And what do we do now? Do you think you have the authority to take me into your custody? I suspect not. Probably wouldn't be a good idea."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

The Prince's face remains completely impassive as Anna speaks, betraying nothing. Still smirking he says, "You are right. Someone like you, should NOT be standing in front of me," and there is something about how he says 'you' that implies significant disdain. His gaze drifts over to the torpid body of Saul, still sneering. Fort sighs, taking in a deep and unnecessary breath before slowly letting it out. "Forgive me for not attending funeral for The Queen of the Damned... I was never a fan of her and her... monarchy." He casts his gaze up again, fixing his eyes on some distant corner of the ceiling. "So," he says with a chuckle, "do you think the Sheriff is here right now? Did she order you to come here?" The question is asked with an air of pure mocking, bordering on sarcasm. Not waiting for a reply, The Prince of Oakland says, "And what do we do now? Do you think you have the authority to take me into your custody? I suspect not. Probably wouldn't be a good idea."
    Anna Wu

“I don’t think that’s necessary, though we do need to know why you’re in San Francisco,” Anna said, “I’m sure there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation, and any discrepancies or inconsistencies can be resolved through normal channels, at a later time.”
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I'm sure there is," The Prince replies, his tone still insincere and unthreatened. Not shifting his gaze, he moves one hand slowly to casually scratch at the side of his bare chin, then says, "I was simply visiting my old companion Saul, whom I know is a devout Carthian of your beautiful city. My ghoul and I were just leaving when you... showed up, and if you would be so kind, we would appreciate being allowed to. In the mean time, you can happily save dear Saul for questioning. I'm sure once he's fed a little and awoken, he will be happy to corroborate my story; though I'm sure he won't be too happy about nearly being turned to ash." A pained expression appears briefly on The Prince's face, as he keeps his gaze averted. "Probably only another hour, at best, before the sun rises, and I will have to get over to my side of the bay."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel smirks at the multiple ways that she could read Fort's reaction to Anna. Elders could sometimes be funny about dealing with cultural standards that had changed around them. She could offer to speak in Anna's place but for all she knew it was women that he had a problem with. Plus, he was clearly not interested in talking about what he was doing here.

She did find it interesting that the Ghoul was apparently the Prince's own. Still holding her knife against the man's throat, Rachel will lean forward and whisper in his ear. 'Tell me your name and address.' Just in case they ever needed to find the man again. Which assumed the Prince cared enough to take the man with him when he left.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"Oh, this is your ghoul, good thing you told me," Anna said.

Over her shoulder:

"Get a picture of the ghoul and his ID," she said, "I don't want to accidentally kill him later and offend Mr. Fort."

The Beast railed in hunger, but she did her best to stuff it aside for the time being. There was still Saul, impaled on the ground, in case it got too insistent.
    Patience!

She turned back to Reggie.

"I'm glad this was all a misunderstanding," she said, "but the Hounds asked to talk, and he tried to run. I'm sure you would expect similar of the Hounds of Oakland if one of your subjects attempted to flee questioning. Though perhaps we should exchange contact details, in the event that does happen. We could avoid future complications or any other misunderstandings, as well. I would, of course, only reach out to you directly if it were an emergency, sir."
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

'Got it. No killing the ghoul.' Rachel replied with a smile and a slight shake of her head where the ghoul could see. No promises. To the man, 'Better show me your ID as well.' Rachel will take out her phone and follow Anna's instructions.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl carefully inspects Saul to ensure he's both stable and not faking the torpor before getting up to join the conversation.

"We do apologize for any insult caused, your presence here was not something we had expected and forced a change in our approach at the last moment. If I may sir, your involvement in these affairs could be... misinterpreted given the chaotic nature of recent events. While we do not have standing to detain you, perhaps it would be best if you agreed to set the record straight at a later time? It would help avoid strained relations. I am certain we could set up a meeting to that purpose another night."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

She did find it interesting that the Ghoul was apparently the Prince's own. Still holding her knife against the man's throat, Rachel will lean forward and whisper in his ear. 'Tell me your name and address.' Just in case they ever needed to find the man again. Which assumed the Prince cared enough to take the man with him when he left.
    The ghoul's eyes go wide for split second, before again glazing over. In a dazed monotone he says, "Billy Fontaine," then proceeds to give an address in Oakland that has no significant meaning locationally to Rachel.

But this gets The Prince's attention. He turns sharply on Rachel, his dark eyes locking with hers, as if daring her to try her powers on him. In an instant she can feel the crushing force of his presence as Reggie Fort allows his Beast to push out just a little. Rachel was given just a glimpse of the monster that dwelled within The Prince of Oakland, and it was not something she would want to face down. "He is mine, and thus I will treat any further attempts of mind control, as an attack on me and mine own," he says through clenched teeth, his fangs now drawn and visible under his peeled back lips.

(OOC: This is the Prince threatening to Lash out with his Monstrous Beast, giving Rachel a warning before he does)

"Oh, this is your ghoul, good thing you told me," Anna said.
    He casts a warning glare at Anna, as if she had meant the remark in sarcasm, then casts his gaze down on Billy, who was still sitting on the floor, one holding pressure on the gash across his face made by Victor.

"Get a picture of the ghoul and his ID," she said, "I don't want to accidentally kill him later and offend Mr. Fort."
    The cocksure grin returns to The Prince's face, the sudden burst of animal fury subsiding, and he raising one hand says, "I'd at least ask permission before you do any such thing. As my Ghoul, Billy is still mine own," (again with that phrase), "and as is, it looks like you've already managed to injure him. Though in all of the confusion, I suppose it would be unfair to blame you too much." Still casting his eyes down on the Ghoul, Fort raises a hand to point at Victor.

"I'm glad this was all a misunderstanding," she said, "but the Hounds asked to talk, and he tried to run. I'm sure you would expect similar of the Hounds of Oakland if one of your subjects attempted to flee questioning. Though perhaps we should exchange contact details, in the event that does happen. We could avoid future complications or any other misunderstandings, as well. I would, of course, only reach out to you directly if it were an emergency, sir."
    "I would expect nothing less of the Hounds in my city," Fort says in agreement, though there is something hollow in his response. The grin widens as he adds, "I will be happy to share my contact with you, though after tonight, I'm not sure I'll be too inclined to pull any favor for your coterie anytime soon." He will provide Anna with his contact information, an encrypted number only accessible through the Pulse.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    'Got it. No killing the ghoul.' Rachel replied with a smile and a slight shake of her head where the ghoul could see. No promises. To the man, 'Better show me your ID as well.' Rachel will take out her phone and follow Anna's instructions.
    Going to hold on this, in case you want to factor in the response from Fort above

"We do apologize for any insult caused, your presence here was not something we had expected and forced a change in our approach at the last moment. If I may sir, your involvement in these affairs could be... misinterpreted given the chaotic nature of recent events. While we do not have standing to detain you, perhaps it would be best if you agreed to set the record straight at a later time? It would help avoid strained relations. I am certain we could set up a meeting to that purpose another night."
    Fort nods his head, the grin receding only the slightest curl of one side of his face, where it stays etched in a mask-like countenance. "Yes. We can arrange for that I am sure. Why don't you speak with your Prince, and he and I can work it out."

This whole time, Anna can't make heads or tails of The Prince's behavior. Rachel is nearly as stumped, though she has a slight incling that he may be putting up a front, and may not be shooting straight with the group.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

With an internal sigh at the fact that the Prince seemed willing to protect his ghoul after all, Rachel will choose to help Billy to his feet. To the Prince, 'My apologies sir.' Her Beast was angry at being challenged but she is used to dealing with Elders. Now she doesn't have the ghoul to bully Rachel just looks impassive. She could understand the impulse to be furious at someone for touching their property.

Spoiler
    Show

Obviously avoiding the second part then