New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536
Results 1,051 to 1,063 of 1063
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

Ted isn't sure about the red beer, though he is thirsty, and the stories at least are interesting.

"Maybe if I drink it, the locals would react differently to me. I have a feeling that would mean some react worse, other perhaps better. To learn more, at some point maybe I should. But I wonder how long that stain lasts ..."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen was just sitting and listening to the stories, nibbing on her food.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "You have a plan, or just fishing to see what kind of attention you get?"
    "Mostly fishing, seeing what we catch. If someone takes the initiative and actually engages with us 'cute calibans' then they aren't acting very sheep-like. I think that would make me feel a bit more comfortable, honestly," explains Cheyanne as they make their way to the washroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Once everyone has paid their 5 silver pieces, the group is given 3 locks with keys, you go upstairs to find three rooms that you've been assigned, none of which are together.

When everyone is ready for it, a meal of roasted Boar with cooked radishes is served, there is not alot of seasoning, but just enough to add subtle flavors. You are each also served two large steins of a red beer. If you taste the beer it is very bitter, certainly an acquired taste, but when you look at someone who has had a taste, you see their teeth are already staining bright red like blood.

The waitress is starting to bring out the red drinks to everyone you can see. And those back in the bards corner. From the other room you can hear the songs have ended, but now a story is being told. Something about Grandfather Boar, Grandfather Owl, and Grandfather Wolf
    After returning and checking the room she received, Cheyanne asks, "How do we want to split the sleeping arrangements? I don't like that the rooms are separated, but it will be nice to go to sleep soon." With a big yawn the Irorian looks at the food and drink delivered. It doesn't seem that the food bothers her much, but after a sip of the beer Cheyanne makes a face, squinting her eyes and puckering her lips. "That, is really bitter - much more than I expected. Based on the color I expected a nice, fruity red. This...Mekkulbrau...is more like a dark bitter. Does anyone like theirs?"

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted says ”For the room, I’m with Grey, no doubt.

Well I might as well try the beer then.”

He drinks some, then puts the mug down.

”Hmm … Actually, it tastes kind of good. But, there’s a metallic aftertaste or something like that.”

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne-Rob View Post
    "Mostly fishing, seeing what we catch. If someone takes the initiative and actually engages with us 'cute calibans' then they aren't acting very sheep-like. I think that would make me feel a bit more comfortable, honestly," explains Cheyanne as they make their way to the washroom.
    "Makes sense. I'm still debating if the wolves are on the outside, inside... or both."

"That, is really bitter - much more than I expected. Based on the color I expected a nice, fruity red. This...Mekkulbrau...is more like a dark bitter. Does anyone like theirs?"
    Rose takes one look at the drink, then to all the stained teeth and NOPEs out of trying it. She'll at least eat the boar and radishes. Yet another thing she wished she could just sprinkle a little magic on. Ah well, at least it's not bad.

"I guess we can pair up for the night, since we're six members now," Rose comments, having been a moment ago ninja'd by Ted.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2023-12-08 at 07:42 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Having fancied herself up, cheyanne does draw more attention before. A fair haired man and a dark haired woman sit with the group. The woman speaks first. Her teeth are red from drinking Mekkulbrau.

Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Cheyanne, Grey. Linguistics DC15
    Show

"Well hello pretties, you lot are new. We heard of some Caliban walking a Goblyn around town, seems you are known, but we don't know you. Sharing is caring you know."

The man looks more interested in Rose, Helen, and Cheyanne, while the women's eyes linger on Akla, Grey, and Ted. He speaks next.

Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Grey, Cheyanne, Linguistics DC15
    Show

"Two humans, walking along with Caliban, and a public nuisance. That must have a story to tell."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Bugbear in the Playground

That, is really bitter - much more than I expected. Based on the color I expected a nice, fruity red. This...Mekkulbrau...is more like a dark bitter. Does anyone like theirs?"
    "Stains your teeth red, so watch out." Grey warns and one might notice he has not touched his own cup of beer "And no, don't like it much. Hopefully, we'll not stay here enough for me to acquire a taste for it."

Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    Ted says ”For the room, I’m with Grey, no doubt.”
    "Fine by me. Just remember that light and I are not on best terms, so if you feel someone moving around the room in complete darkness try to call out to me before swinging your axe." Grey says to Ted with a chuckle, still there's a hint of concern.

When the group finally catches the eye of some of the locals, Grey translates for those who can't understand the language "Seems we have caught the interest of these fellows here. Curious about why there are non-humans among us." that said, he smile amiably to the woman and extends a hand to greet her "I've been called many names, never 'public nuisance' though." he says in the local language, a little joke to break the ice "People usually call me Grey. And if you're looking for a story, have a seat. Drinks on me."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne nods at Grey's assessment of the beer and sets hers aside. "Akla, would you like to sleep in my room?" she asks the little goblin woman before the two locals approach the table.

At the pair's interest in them Cheyanne smiles sweetly before quietly commenting to Rose, "Always two wolves, though not always the same way..." She lets Grey start the conversation, but she does ask, "Caliban? What does that word mean to you? We've traveled a bit, but the last place we were called 'caliban' it wasn't kind to call people that. We don't get to choose our parents, you know?" Then, to soften her words she smiles again and looks to the man as she says, "They say my mother caught my father's eye, though, and that I look like a more exotic version of her. What do you think? Is it a good look?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    More "fishing" - Cheyanne is not really interested in flirting. If I need to roll a Bluff check or anything, please let me know, @Darius Vibrtrar.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen was being quiet, not really having anything to add at the moment. Still, she smiled and nodded, just to make a good impression - wouldn't hurt, right?
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Cheyanne, Grey. Linguistics DC15
    Show

"Well hello pretties, you lot are new. We heard of some Caliban walking a Goblyn around town, seems you are known, but we don't know you. Sharing is caring you know."
    "Someone ask about the G-word," Rose whispers. She picked up enough of the first part to get context, but decided to just play dumb. She's only been getting bits of the language here and there, and she rather not start into a conversation only to draw a blank stare halfway in. She wonders if Caliban get a different reaction here. N one seems to be recoiling from half the party... not yet anyway.

before quietly commenting to Rose, "Always two wolves, though not always the same way..."
    Rose nods back. If there were two wolves in her, one would be hungry half the time and the other wanting to throw magic missiles at all her problems. They're probably not the best behaved wolves. She continues to eat, occasionally glancing up and smiling just to show she's listening to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Helen was being quiet, not really having anything to add at the moment. Still, she smiled and nodded, just to make a good impression - wouldn't hurt, right?
    "Guess we're sharing the third room," Rose quietly tells Helen. "I got cotton if you hear me snoring. Or just smother my face with a pillow. Both work." Rose smirks, trying to be a little humorous.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The group can see Ted and Cheyannes teeth have become red in the light of the tavern.

The man looks to Grey with a puzzled look. Before pointing to your groups members one by one.

Spoiler: Grey, Helen, Ted, Cheyanne, Linguistics DC15
    Show

"Human... human.... Caliban.... Caliban.... Goblyn.... oh! A third human! Aha! You are clever enough, Grey. Tell us about your exploits.

ANOTHER TWO REFILLS! ON THIS ONE!"

The man holds up two fingers and points to Grey. The woman glances back to Cheyanne.

Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Cheyanne, Grey, Linguistics DC15
    Show

"Caliban? You are just mutations from humanity. The lands of mists corrupt and twist, even the joyous event of birth can be twisted. You inherting some of the non-human features of your parentage is a prime example, you and the one with the horns, and little tail peeking out of the bottom ofher skirt. Strong jaws and tails can be attractive. You go to smaller towns, and you'll see fear, but not here. Though that Goblyn, will get you some stares."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Colossus in the Playground

Now that she's getting a little more accustomed to the language, Akla is able to pick up bits and pieces of the words. But, lacking some critical context, she chooses to stay quiet.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted says to the newcomers "We do have interesting stories we could tell about ourselves. Can you do the same?"