New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

It takes Cheyanne several moments longer than the others to settle after the three frogs are killed, as she breathes heavily several times, calming herself and refocusing her mind to the task at hand. "Next time I will concentrate first on a single strike, focus better..." she says quietly, intent on burning the thought into her mind and memory. The monk seems unconcerned with the muck and grime, instead helping her companions to the raft and lifting the lighter ones up onto it. She is last to board and seems largely uninterested in the magical weapons, in spite of their quality.

Making her way to the front she looks into the darkness in the direction of the light - and presumably the extra-planar circus. Taking the pole in hand she readies herself to try and guide the little raft in toward the scene as soon as the rest of the party is settled and ready.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    "What do we have here, Rose?"
    "Well, these weapons are enchantedly sharp," Rose replies, interested in their arcane value. "The edge on that axe and the arrow heads would strike just a little harder than your mundane fare. The dagger though? That seems enchanted as a bane against animals. These definitely all belonged to a hunter. I'm sure of it."

Rose looks up and around the area. "Uh, if such a hunter is still, you know, alive. The frogs might of eaten 'em."

Spoiler: Reposting weapon bonuses
    Show
    +1 Bane [Animals] Dagger
    +1 crossbow bolts [20]
    +1 Greataxe
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

not quite sure about those frogs, Millie stays near the group following staying near the center

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 17\17 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: Bless (16 rnds.), Cloak of Darkness (1 hr.)

---------------

Grey whistles at the sight of treasure and goes for the dagger with the decorated sheath, quite the upgrade from the ones he has. But soon enough it kicks in the awareness he's not alone anymore, that now he's actually working with others; so he turns towards that Pendragast lady, flashes a grin (that hopefully would also help cover his own avid gesture) and hands her the blade "Might help you forget about the boots." he says, before waving at the rest of the armaments and cheerfully sharing his how thoughts on how to split the loot "Bolts might be worth splitting between Millie and Rose, axe would be most useful to Ted. Next inn we stop by, drinks for Cheyanne and I are on you though."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

5. - Top - End - #95

"Fafgh! I just bought these boots!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    "Might help you forget about the boots."
    Rose's attention is pulled away from the weapons and she looks down at Amelie's boots. "Oh. Maybe I can help with forgetting about the boots?" She utters an incantation and then a waves her hand over the muddy boots. Rose's Prestidigitation spell cleans off the mud from them.

"How is that?" she chips in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    "Bolts might be worth splitting between Millie and Rose, axe would be most useful to Ted. Next inn we stop by, drinks for Cheyanne and I are on you though."
    Rose smiles at this idea. "I have no qualms about splitting the bolts! Magical gear is always handy to have... on hand... um." She blushes at her faux pas wording, having spoken before properly thinking it out.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2023-02-05 at 11:05 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #96

BlackDragon

Miss Pendagrast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando
    "Might help you forget about the boots"
    Amelie gingerly examines the weapon with a practiced eye, testing grip, balance, and edge. It is an exquisite weapon, she really hasn't held a blade quite so fine. She takes to it instantly.

"Are you sure? It is a fine piece, I am sure it would fetch a fine price in the market to the right collector."

Despite her obvious love of the weapon, she looks to each member of the party for agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Digodragon
    Rose's attention is pulled away from the weapons and she looks down at Amelie's boots. "Oh. Maybe I can help with forgetting about the boots?" She utters an incantation and then a waves her hand over the muddy boots. Rose's Prestidigitation spell cleans off the mud from them.

"How is that?" she chips in question.
    As if the blade isn't enough, the sensation of instantly dry if not warmer feet is absolutely over the top. She closes her eyes as a smile spreads across her face.

"Gods, Rose, you spoil me, I really wish I could learn such a trick."

The relief is palpable, beyond comfort, she was worried about trenchfoot or worse.
    Last edited by Ancient; 2023-02-05 at 01:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97

"Gods, Rose, you spoil me, I really wish I could learn such a trick."
    "Aww, it's nothing fancy," she says, being modest.

Rose turns to her other companions and again, uses her magic to remove the mud from their footwear. "Here, this just takes a second. ...there, dry feet are happy feet."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As your group paddles, following what becomes a very winding path of paper lanterns, time passes, market by the thunder of a distant gathering storm, the sound of creatures just out of sight out in the darkness, and soon your bellies calling out in hunger. You may expend a daily ration, and through turns at the paddles, take an 8 hour rest. The sky has darkened and lightened above the canopy of the swamp.

The day dark and dismal, painted gray by the mist and clouds. The sun has not shown its face since you arrived, and the air is clammy and cold. The water below the raft several feet deep. one side, black logs drift lazily atop the stagnant water. To the other, shadows slip through the trees and the underbrush, moving in time with the raft. The eyes of the swamp are upon you.

Perception check everyone.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

9. - Top - End - #99

Grey - HP: 17\17 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Miss Pendagrast"Are you sure? It is a fine piece, I am sure it would fetch a fine price in the market to the right collector."
    "I am. And right now my priority is survive and get back home, there will be time later to fatten my purse." Grey says still in a somewhat chipper mood, trying to lighten up after what had happened to the party.

That said and done, he relaxes a bit - at least now there's no sun to burn his eyes, so the travel is that much more pleasant and enjoyable. He doesn't talk much at the moment, however nice is the little boat trip he's having he can't shake the thought that he's far away from home in an environment that has immediately proven hostile.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception roll (1d20+4)[18]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted feels a touch of sadness as he looks at the enchanted greataxe; though the huge axe is no doubt a fine weapon, it is still dwarfed by the orcish monstrosity of an axe already strapped to Ted's back. Nonetheless, he knows that sometimes, a magic weapon is much more effective than a nonmagical one against strange foes - and in a strange land like this, that might become a real issue.

He is not sure that boarding the raft and following the increasingly odd trail of paper lanterns is a good idea, but before he knows it, the group has gone quite far in that direction. He munches some trail rations while taking a break from paddling.

"I have a bad feeling about this" he says for not the first time.

OOC: Perception (1d20+5)[14]

11. - Top - End - #101

Rose eats and rests, remaining upbeat in spite of the darkness around the party. She seems to be determined to remain a lantern of light.

After reading through her spellbook, she takes a turn paddling. As the eyes of the swamp do seem to look upon the group, Rose nods at Ted's comment.

Perception (1d20+2)[22]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

After gaining a semi decent amount of rest Millie, she eats and looks at the water as they travel "Bad feeling ... I agree"

Perception check everyone.
    psycrystal (1d20+6)[25]
    millie (1d20+10)[22]

13. - Top - End - #103

BlackDragon

Miss Pendagrast

Amelie rests, fitfully. One minute they are on their way to someplace fun, and this place is definitely not fun. Giant man-eating frogs, she shudders at the thought. She pecks at a meal, eating only half a ration.

"Best to save the rest." She thinks to herself, she had been through hard times before, and who knew when they might find supplies again?

She scans the horizon, fretfully. "Yes, I think none will disagree that this place is ill met and we are eager to be on our way."

Spoiler: OOC and Rolls
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+9)[10]

14. - Top - End - #104

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne thanks Rose for the cleaning simply, smiling at the pleasant feeling of being mud-free. She keeps polling until relieved, seemingly tireless. Her eyes dart around the swamp as she goes, noting the surroundings with ever increasing dread.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Perception (1d20+6)[13]

"I'd like to feel less like we were being hunted," she agrees with the others. As they travel she takes out a three-section staff and goes through some martial forms, as best she can on the little raft, anyway...

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Millie
    Show

You spot in the mists, 2 logs floating in the water to the south in front of you, and 1 log on land bar to the east, the logs eyes open, and they grin with a long row of teeth.
    Before you can say anything, your psi crystal warns you of 4 crocodiles, when you had only spotted 3, there are three in the water ahead of you.

You are not surprised, and will have an action in the suprise round.

Spoiler: Rose
    Show
    You spot in the mists, 2 logs floating in the water to the south in front of you, and 1 log on land bar to the east, the logs eyes open, and they grin with a long row of teeth.

You are not suprised, and will have an action in the suprise round.

Spoiler: Grey
    Show

You are on your toes, scanning, unrelenting looking in shadows, peering through the mist, but it seems it wasn't enough. The raft is under attack, and you were just about to spot one on the land bar to the east when several crocodiles spring to attack from the water all around you.

You are under effect [flat footed] and will not have an action in the suprise round.

Spoiler: Ted
    Show

Your martially honed senses were sharpened for combat and the battlefield, this lurking in the dark and moving through shadows was not to your liking or strengths. When the crocodiles attack, you didn't see it until it was too late and their chomping maws were upon the raft.

You are under effect [flat footed] and will not have an action in the suprise round.

Spoiler: Cheyanne
    Show

Your martially honed senses were sharped for combat, the battlefield, and even within the mind, but this lurking in the dark and moving through fog was not to your taste. When the crocodiles attack, you didn't see it until it was too late and their chomping maps were upon the raft.

You are under effect [flat footed] and will have an action during the suprise round

Spoiler: Ms. Pendergast
    Show

While you were trained in seeking in the dark, this was ridiculous and too dark for your tastes. You can't make out anything. The crocodiles attacking are completely unexpected, and their chomping maws at the edge of the raft are far too close for your taste.

You are under effect [flat footed] and do not have an action during the suprise round

Spoiler: everyone
    Show
    once I have everyone's initiative i will start the suprise round and announce initiative blocks
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2023-02-09 at 01:25 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

16. - Top - End - #106

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Cheyanne's Status, Surprise Round
    Show
    Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 2/0/0, Init 5, HP 23/23, Speed 30 ft
    AC 17, Touch 16, Flat-footed 15, CMD 20, Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 5, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Sansetsukon +4 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    No Armor (+2 Dex, +1 Deflect, +4 Monk)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition None

Though she seems unaware, some mystic instinct seems to grip her as she strikes with her three-section staff suddenly. "Whoa! Ha!" she cries, nearly a laugh at the strike which surprised her too!

Show
    In spite of being surprised, Cheyanne's Forewarned ability allows her to act. Until she does she is flat-footed.

Attack with her Sansetsukon: (1d20+4)[11] to hit, (1d20+4)[22] (19-20/x2, if applicable), (1d10+4)[7] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[6] critical strike damage (if applicable).

If the enemy incurs an AoO: (1d20+4)[23] to hit, (1d20+4)[23] (19-20/x2, if applicable), (1d10+4)[12] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[10] critical strike damage (if applicable).

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    due to timing, Im moving your attack to a held action in the suprise round.

The logs in the area drift toward the raft, as if an unseen current were carrying the moss covered wood back the way you came, the soft splashing of water was the only clue that something was amiss. A great maw of teeth arose from the water to chomp at Ted.

(1d20+5)[8] (1d20+5)[20] to confirm [vs Flatfooted]
    (1d20+11)[29] Grab to grapple if attack. [Flatfooted CMD]
    (1d6+5)[6] Damage

The Crocodile is unable to get a grip on Ted due to his Armor

Suprise Round IO
    Rose
    Cheyanne [Holding Action til Croc comes close enough]

[Crocs]

Millie

[Crocs]
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2023-02-09 at 05:04 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Show
    due to timing, Im moving your attack to a held action in the suprise round.

The logs in the area drift toward the raft, as if an unseen current were carrying the moss covered wood back the way you came, the soft splashing of water was the only clue that something was amiss. A great maw of teeth arose from the water to chomp at Ted.

[roll0] [roll1] to confirm [vs Flatfooted]
    [roll2] Grab to grapple if attack. [Flatfooted CMD]
    [roll3] Damage

The Crocodile is unable to get a grip on Ted due to his Armor

Suprise Round IO
    Rose
    Cheyanne [Holding Action til Croc comes close enough]

[Crocs]

Millie

[Crocs]
    on Millie's surprise round action:
    Readied Action: Mind Thrust (ML 2, PP 3) Saving Throw DC 16 Will negates; Power Resistance Yes, against any croc that attacks any ally in 30ft, 3d10 x2 Force damage
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-02-09 at 06:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

"Why does that log- ohsweetsunset!" Able to retain some wits about her, Rose quickly casts Mage Armor on herself.

"Well now I officially hate this swamp too!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A croc from a nearby island attempts to get in behind Cheyanne, but she swings to bap it on the head, the staff is unable to harm the croc, but Millie tries to blast it in response to its proximity.

(1d20+2)[7] croc will save
    (3d10)[20] (3d10)[19] force damage.

Croc #6's eyes roll back as blood oozes from its ears and it falls dead.

The rest of the crocs get up close and personal during the initial suprise round, revealing 6 crocodiles, well.... 5 live ones. The initial crocodile attempting to bite Ted again before a tail swings out to slap him.

(1d20+5)[6] to attack. (1d20+5)[9] to confirm
    (1d6+4)[8] damage. (1d12+2)[3] crit damage
    (1d20+11)[22] grab grapple if bite successfull

(1d20)[18] to tail attack. (1d20)[10] to confirm
    (1d12+2)[10] damage. (1d12+2)[8] crit damage

The croc is unable to harm the juggernaut that is Ted as tooth and tail rebound off his protective armor.

Round 1 of initiative, block 2.
    Millie
    Rose
    Cheyanne
    Ms. Pendergast
    Grey
    Ted
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2023-02-10 at 04:10 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

R1:Millie
    cast Inertial Armor (ML 2, PP 3) Augmented duration 2 hours ( AC 20 )
    Move Action Load Heavy Crossbow
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-02-10 at 07:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Millie, manifesting her armor takes her mind off of the croc in front of her for just a moment, a moment in which a croc takes advantage of the opportunity.

[AoO
    (1d20+5)[17] to bite (1d20+5)[10] to confirm
    (1d6+4)[9] damage. [roll1d6+4[/roll] crit damage
    (1d20+11)[29] grab grapple if bite hits]

The crocs teeth are able to pierce the small elans flesh and grapple her into its maw.

[Millie roll concentration to finish your psionic power before the grappled condition takes effect]

With a mental iron fortress, millie is able to complete her psionic power, armoring herself.

Round 1 of initiative, block 2.
    Millie
    Rose
    Cheyanne
    Ms. Pendergast
    Grey
    Ted
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2023-02-10 at 02:36 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #113

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Cheyanne's Status, Round 1
    Show
    Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 2/0/0, Init 5, HP 23/23, Speed 30 ft
    AC 17, Touch 16, Flat-footed 15, CMD 20, Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 5, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Sansetsukon +4 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    No Armor (+2 Dex, +1 Deflect, +4 Monk)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition None

Apparently disappointed in her (unsuccessful) attack, Cheyanne turns and strikes at the reptile biting Millie. "Get off her!"

Show
    Attack with her Sansetsukon: (1d20+4)[7] to hit, (1d20+4)[10] (19-20/x2, if applicable), (1d10+4)[10] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[9] critical strike damage (if applicable).

If the enemy incurs an AoO: (1d20+4)[20] to hit, (1d20+4)[24] (19-20/x2, if applicable), (1d10+4)[13] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[9] critical strike damage (if applicable).

24. - Top - End - #114

Grey - HP: 17\17 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Grey draws his dagger and again mutters a curse towards the aggressive fauna, second time in less than a day that one of his companions gets grabbed by a huge reptilian; that done, he tries to stab the crocodile on its snout, hopefully hard enough that the beast might decide against dragging Millie in those dark waters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grey attacks Crocodile #5 (guess it's the one grappling Millie)
    Attack (1d20+3)[14] Damage (1d4+2)[4] - Confirmation Roll (1d20+3)[21] Damage (1d4+2)[3]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Somehow the crocodile seems impervious to Cheyannes attacks, but greys knife slips between its scales and draws blood, it certainly has no interest in letting millie go.

1st round of IO block 2

Millie
    Cheyanne
    Grey

Ted
    Rose
    Ms. Pendergast
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Millie, manifesting her armor takes her mind off of the croc in front of her for just a moment, a moment in which a croc takes advantage of the opportunity.
    [Millie roll concentration to finish your psionic power before the grappled condition takes effect]
    (see OOC), millie does not appreciate being grabbed at by something large yet again.

27. - Top - End - #117

BlackDragon

Miss Pendagrast

Miss Pendagrast was having a quiet moment to herself, think of her brother and how simple life used to be...AND NOW THERE ARE CROCADILES EVERYWHERE!!! Her attention is drawn to a croc bearing down behind her, when see hears a scuffle behind her.

"Millie!" She cries out, but she focuses on the danger in front of her, blades and teeth flash, which will find true?

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Attacking Croc#1
    Double Daggers:
    Main to hit: (1d20+4)[17] Damage: (1d4+1)[3] + (2d6)[3] (Animal Bane) + (1d6)[5] (Sneak Attack)
    Secondary to hit: (1d20+4)[24] Damage: (1d4+1)[5] + (1d6)[2] (Sneak Attack)

(Critical confirm for attack#2 = [roll]1d20+4[/roll]
    Last edited by Ancient; 2023-02-10 at 05:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Rose draws a knife and tries to stab the croc holding Millie.

"Let 'er go you oversized pair of boots!"

Attack: (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d4-1)[0]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The group starts clamoring over, doing their best to kill the crocodile holding millie before she can be dragged below the depths, roses dagger deftly stabs the croc in the nose, but her weak arm was unable to push it through, dealing the croc no harm. Ms. Pendergast, her very pretty dagger flashing stabs deep into the flesh of the croc holding Millie. The crocs mouth loosened and released millie as it died.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2023-02-10 at 09:44 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Crocodiles? Not the way I want my obituary to read. Giant frogs, at least, are giant. As an adventurer's death, maybe I could accept that. But crocs? I think not!

Ted is relieved as the others slay the croc that grabbed Millie, but he draws his flail and swings it down in a rage at the nearest croc. Though forceful, the blow looks like it will strike only water ...

OOC: vs #2 I think
    Attack (1d20+10)[11], damage (1d8+7)[8]
    Last edited by kinem; 2023-02-11 at 10:55 AM.